Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
ohhh vintage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I appreciate you taking your time and effort to re-create my post in a manner consistent with the increased verbosity and decreased graphical detail featured by the meme format "increasing verbosity".

axolotl farmer has a new favorite as of 16:58 on May 19, 2021

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Man, the series really went downhill after this game.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Man gently caress you!!!

This song won’t leave my head now noooooooooooo

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Antigravitas posted:

Man, the series really went downhill after this game.

I really want more poo poo like this in games. Just a giant loving boat in the middle of the desert slammed at an improbable angle. Wtf happened here? Was this desert once underwater? Did some monumental force fling the boat hundreds of miles inland?

Are the building boats in space as an upgrade to the Rods from God program?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

Man gently caress you!!!

This song won’t leave my head now noooooooooooo

Guess what hit video game I keep thinking of every time that one beyonce song comes on.

RFC2324 posted:

I really want more poo poo like this in games. Just a giant loving boat in the middle of the desert slammed at an improbable angle. Wtf happened here? Was this desert once underwater? Did some monumental force fling the boat hundreds of miles inland?

That boat is like that because someone drove it into the island and the physics bugged out, because it's a screenshot from battlefield 1942.

If you want intentional desert boats then the mad max videogame is quite good.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

RFC2324 posted:

Reminds me of one story I read where orbital "rail guns" were firing decommissioned train engines at surface targets

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Evilreaver posted:

Reminds me of one story I read where orbital "rail guns" were firing decommissioned train engines at surface targets

Its a great weapon, not worth the cost of dragging mass out of the gravity well. I'm wondering how long before someone realized there is a TON of mass already up there that could be trivially converted to a Rod. I assume that's going to be the driver for the first orbital smelters

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

RFC2324 posted:

Its a great weapon, not worth the cost of dragging mass out of the gravity well. I'm wondering how long before someone realized there is a TON of mass already up there that could be trivially converted to a Rod. I assume that's going to be the driver for the first orbital smelters

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

OwlFancier posted:

Guess what hit video game I keep thinking of every time that one beyonce song comes on.

That boat is like that because someone drove it into the island and the physics bugged out, because it's a screenshot from battlefield 1942.

If you want intentional desert boats then the mad max videogame is quite good.

I know a lot of people really liked Battlefield 1942, but I never really got into it. However, I loved Battlefield Vietnam and would kill for remastered remake of that.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

this is gonna be me

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Vietnam had the fun appeal of airlifting tanks in your helicopter while blasting fortunate son out the radio and then getting obliterated by guided missiles and crashing onto your own guys.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Helos were funs af in BF:V

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

OwlFancier posted:

Vietnam had the fun appeal of airlifting tanks in your helicopter while blasting fortunate son Hush or The Letter out the radio and then getting obliterated by guided missiles and crashing onto your own guys.

FTFY

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

this is gonna be me

this is already me as a parent, except it's piracy

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

OwlFancier posted:

Vietnam had the fun appeal of airlifting tanks in your helicopter while blasting fortunate son out the radio and then getting obliterated by guided missiles and crashing onto your own guys.

Vietnam had the appeal of getting on scooter, have a buddy get on back headbanging with an AK47, blasting Surfin Bird on loop and then driving in circles around opponents until they killed you

Some of the most fun I've had in a video game

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I’m glad that pig is dead.

That’s the meme, folks!

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Vietnam was the first videogame that really nailed helicopter controls imo

Very appropriate I suppose given their role in the actual war

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Memento posted:

Yeah, lead(II) sulphide, PbS. There's a lot of rocks you can lick, but some you shouldn't, and some you really shouldn't.

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010
maybe Invincible spoilers? idk i haven't seen it

Cheeseman
Apr 1, 2001

??? I don't get it. I thought the point of the meme was that the picture showed the inferior item?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Thorgot posted:

no spoilers here you're fine

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bike tory posted:

no spoilers here you're fine

this is a spoiler, however

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

if someone is spoiled by my post it's their loss

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Don't dox me.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Thorgot posted:

I can't believe Mr. Invincible had a miscarriage and you just... memed it out

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Groda posted:

Isn't the sulfide really, really unavailable?

Galena is "probably don't lick it but what am I, your mother?". There are far worse rocks to accidentally ingest.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

MunchE posted:

Vietnam had the appeal of getting on scooter, have a buddy get on back headbanging with an AK47, blasting Surfin Bird on loop and then driving in circles around opponents until they killed you

Some of the most fun I've had in a video game

BFV was excellent but I dont feel like people who missed out on it will ever truly appreciate the insanity/psychological damage caused by several vehicles blasting that track slightly out of synch - with doppler effect as they drive past.

My favourite was Somebody to Love as I rained rockets down on enemies in my (usually stolen) gunship.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I can't believe Mr. Invincible had a miscarriage and you just... memed it out

That's Dr. Invincible to you pal

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Invincible is the son's name, you're thinking of Invincible's Monster

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Memento posted:

Galena is "probably don't lick it but what am I, your mother?". There are far worse rocks to accidentally ingest.
Are there spicy rocks that could cause radioactive problems from licking? I know radium paint caused mouth cancer, but it was in paint form and women were licking the paint brushes. I'm asking for a rock that I could find on the ground.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

CannonFodder posted:

Are there spicy rocks that could cause radioactive problems from licking? I know radium paint caused mouth cancer, but it was in paint form and women were licking the paint brushes. I'm asking for a rock that I could find on the ground.

There are surficial uranium ores, but they're pretty rare, and now I'm on a watchlist.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
You call aqua regia "the forbidden minute maid" ONE TIME and suddenly you're the guy who wants to drink all the chemicals.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

There are surficial uranium ores, but they're pretty rare, and now I'm on a watchlist.

I'm pretty sure Uranium will kill you with heavy metal poisoning before radiation poisoning/cancer. Ingesting any quantity of alpha emitter is pretty bad though.

There's only one way to find out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Elviscat posted:

I'm pretty sure Uranium will kill you with heavy metal poisoning before radiation poisoning/cancer. Ingesting any quantity of alpha emitter is pretty bad though.

There's only one way to find out!

Ah, so they're savory rocks.