Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
maybe KiLynn needs to Becky-ify

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Her chemistry with Ryo made me think she really should do an excursion to Japan. I think it'd do wonders for her.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p

edit: i'm sorry i posted in the wrong dark thread

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's ok

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pylons posted:

Her chemistry with Ryo made me think she really should do an excursion to Japan. I think it'd do wonders for her.

9/10ths of the AEW roster would be done good by getting seasoning in Japan, the female wrestlers in TJP and the other feds, and the men to DDT and NJPW and maybe NOAH. Obvi not the Archer types who did it for a while already, but I am an enormous fan of seeing wrestlers learn how crowds work in other countries and learn styles from other countries.

Obviously the pandemic kinda hosed that, but soon. I hope.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

graph posted:

tv ready 100% but not character ready

she rules tho i hope she can put it together
She's hanging with Red Velvet, which puts her (and Swoll) adjacent to the Nightmare Family crew. So she kinda does have a character insofar as any of the fringe members of the Family or the Factory who get TV time but never cut promos have "characters" in this feud.

I'm just not sure how far that goes since The Factory doesn't have a woman for any of that trio to play off of. I thought they were leaning toward Jade but it doesn't seem like she's fully TV ready yet other than power move squashes.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

She's hanging with Red Velvet, which puts her (and Swoll) adjacent to the Nightmare Family crew. So she kinda does have a character insofar as any of the fringe members of the Family or the Factory who get TV time but never cut promos have "characters" in this feud.

I'm just not sure how far that goes since The Factory doesn't have a woman for any of that trio to play off of. I thought they were leaning toward Jade but it doesn't seem like she's fully TV ready yet other than power move squashes.

I think they wanted to use Brooke Havok (the nightmare factory trainee) for that but she got her ACL torn.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If AEW signed her, Serena Deeb would bring some nice cred to the Factory. She's already got history as a trainer.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

sticklefifer posted:

If AEW signed her, Serena Deeb would bring some nice cred to the Factory. She's already got history as a trainer.

She’s been signed for almost a year.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

actually it's only a little more than half a year. Not even two full months beyond that. Only one month and 98% of another month. Little poster

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The Acclaimed's Mox and Kingston music video is so great.

This isn't even the right loving thread for this.

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 20:13 on May 19, 2021

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I've noticed Schiavone's been slightly better at calling moves in the past week or two on Elevation, but there's a few second delay while he sort of processes the names. I'm wondering if he's got Excalibur in his headset now. Ex can't (and shouldn't) call all 3 shows, but feeding Tony the move names is the next best thing.

rotinaj posted:

9/10ths of the AEW roster would be done good by getting seasoning in Japan, the female wrestlers in TJP and the other feds, and the men to DDT and NJPW and maybe NOAH.
That's why I love that AEW has working relationships with so many promotions. Even if it's not full excursions, once everything opens back up we could see tons of AEW roster appearances in Japan. It gives things a territory feel, but globally.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
that'd be so sweet if Ex were hanging out just calling move names into tony's headset to help him out :unsmith:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
They have deffo talked about Ex producing The Giant and Schiavone when Ex was called in to pinch call the Takeshita match.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

smarxist posted:

that'd be so sweet if Ex were hanging out just calling move names into tony's headset to help him out :unsmith:

Someone was on hand for them this week because they couldn't tell the Tay-KO from the DD-Tay and Toney mentioned getting confirmation.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

rantmo posted:

Someone was on hand for them this week because they couldn't tell the Tay-KO from the DD-Tay and Toney mentioned getting confirmation.

they had no idea what the gently caress Brian Cage was doing when he was setting up Weapon X (and tbh i cant blame them) and then like 10 seconds after the match ended Paul said that the move was called Weapon X

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Alaois posted:

they had no idea what the gently caress Brian Cage was doing when he was setting up Weapon X (and tbh i cant blame them) and then like 10 seconds after the match ended Paul said that the move was called Weapon X

That's what it was, yeah. It was either Excalibur or me going "Oh poo poo Weapon X" and it reverberated backwards through time and, like, a thousand miles.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Hello Dark friends

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rise

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ROBO

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dope powerslam.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Nick Comoroto scaring women at ringside is amazing

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

babe, wake up, new abadon match

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Abadon gettin some new moves.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

john blud got really mad and doesn't know why

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

We got one of them guy fieri restaurants and I was gonna order it on Wednesday for Dynamite to honor his grocery games, but Dynamite isn't on Weds this week so I got it tonight. It's pretty fuckin good.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
hard to get into Ashley D'Amboise when you know how bad she is at hollywood trivia

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lmfao at that turnbuckle spot.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I don't think that turnbuckle spot works but bless her for trying.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Rosa is absurdly good

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Vince MechMahon posted:

We got one of them guy fieri restaurants and I was gonna order it on Wednesday for Dynamite to honor his grocery games, but Dynamite isn't on Weds this week so I got it tonight. It's pretty fuckin good.

We're gonna need to know what you got

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
Thunder Rosa with a big shout out to Lash LeRoux

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

da gunn clubb...

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

We're gonna need to know what you got

I don't remember the pun name, but it's a chicken parm with spaghetti. There's enough here for leftovers for like two days. I also ordered some fries and a slice of the chocolate whiskey cake.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
a billy gunn promo?!?!?! hell yeah

oh it's a trick, they tricked me and now it's about the kids

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Austin is underrated.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i love these gunns

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Gunn club becoming good and an actual tag team has been a real feel good storyline on dark.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
omg spotlight that rap career

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
This Gunn Club feature is just gonna keep going for an hour