Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

DarkstarIV posted:

Jessamyn Duke and Vanessa Bourne have been released, according to PWInsider.

e: And Kavita Devi as well.

I fully expect AEW to pick up Jessamyn Duke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Ganso Bomb posted:

God, I thought this said "Io is gone as well" at first glance as I was reading all of the other posts about releases.

I think the odds of Io getting cut are almost zero. The only chance she gets released is if she requests it, and I don't really see that happening (she posted on Instagram just a week or two ago that she's settling more into life in Orlando). She is way too valuable in that she's a legitimate draw for the company, one of their best workers (male or female), and incredibly well liked behind the scenes.

Lid posted:

Sean Ross Sapp on his livestream just a little bit ago mentioned that she is released from her performer contract, but is likely going to get one as a digital producer/contributor.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Imagine being too much of a chud for WWE.

DarkstarIV posted:

Jessamyn Duke and Vanessa Bourne have been released, according to PWInsider.

e: And Kavita Devi as well.

But more importantly has Aaliyah survived another year? :ohdear:

Lid posted:

Why? She's awful

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Dacap posted:

Parker Bourdeaux? I think he’s still training at the PC and not ready for TV yet

No, think there was another guy with a crazy name who looked like lesnar who was on NXT TV. Think he was a rugby player?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Insertnamehere31 posted:

No, think there was another guy with a crazy name who looked like lesnar who was on NXT TV. Think he was a rugby player?

Ridge Holland? his knees exploded catching a dive last year and i think he's still on the mend

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Kind of a shame Duke couldn't put it together as an in-ring performer. Sometimes it just happens.

Someone is going to pick up E.J. Nduka though.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DarkstarIV posted:

I think the odds of Io getting cut are almost zero. The only chance she gets released is if she requests it, and I don't really see that happening (she posted on Instagram just a week or two ago that she's settling more into life in Orlando). She is way too valuable in that she's a legitimate draw for the company, one of their best workers (male or female), and incredibly well liked behind the scenes.

Oh, for sure. I would never expect her to be released but seeing a tweet about her in the midst of all of these other releases made my brain fry for a hot second.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Hey, remember when they announced the biggest graduating class of women wrestlers a few months ago?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Rarity posted:

Why? She's awful

So was Taynara.

Jessamyn is tall, a former model, a former MMA fighter and naturally charismatic outside of the WWE ring as seen in her online presence.

She has a huge upside and may not work out isn't a gigantic risk to see what happens.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Alaois posted:

Ridge Holland? his knees exploded catching a dive last year and i think he's still on the mend

That’s the one! If I remember correctly it seemed like he had some potential, so I was kind of hoping he’d get dropped today if they had just forgot about him. If he’s hurt that’s probably not gonna happen.

Also Ridge Holland is such an MST3K Space Mutiny name. He should team with a guy named Bulk Slabhead

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Sean Ross Sapp on his livestream just a little bit ago mentioned that she is released from her performer contract, but is likely going to get one as a digital producer/contributor.

Interesting given they made BRE Start a spin-off of UUDD.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lid posted:

So was Taynara.

Touché

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Lid posted:

So was Taynara.

Jessamyn is tall, a former model, a former MMA fighter and naturally charismatic outside of the WWE ring as seen in her online presence.

She has a huge upside and may not work out isn't a gigantic risk to see what happens.

You don't need to scoop up Ronda's talentless hack friend just because one day, down the line, if you're lucky, she might be as good as Tay Conti (who went from underrated to overrated in a flash, I'm just gonna say it)

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Tressica Smudge, Minyon Moore and Dannikah Dunk are also gone.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

everyone will improve when they don't have to remember exact instructions and no longer instinctively freak out the first time one little thing goes wrong or is mis-timed. i'm certain in aew you're not so in your head and worried all the drat time as a greener talent and that absolutely fosters better growth. but that doesn't mean everybody who was absolute dogshit is the same situation as conti. like taynara didn't visibly have that "this is too big for me" energy all the time like a fan getting to play wrestler, and shooting the poo poo with twitch chat is different from pretending to be someone and having a presence unless you can exactly mimmick that as your thing like RVD. there's reason to be positive if they bring jessamyn into the nightmare factory though. it probably comes down to whether the attitude is "i'm 35 and don't want to still be a 'student'" or actual passion for wrestling which it does no good to assume one or the other. i'm going to chomp a huge pickle soon

bartok
May 10, 2006

I refuse to believe anyone from NXT is truly an awful wrestler until I see them stink up the ring in AEW or even Impact.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

bartok posted:

I refuse to believe anyone from NXT is truly an awful wrestler until I see them stink up the ring in AEW or even Impact.

except ricochet

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

bartok posted:

Jessi Kamea says hello.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

except ricochet

Wrestling is hardly the problem with him

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Wrestling is hardly the problem with him

he's a loser! losers who can do double moonsaults off cages are still losers!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

he's a loser! losers who can do double moonsaults off cages are still losers!

Not what was being discussed. Like he's absolutely a moron with thin skin, still a world class wrestler. Which is specifically what Bartok was talking about.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

He's one of the poorest wrestlers around (as a joke (letting you know what's going on like a true friend here))

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yeah see the thing about me is I'm extremely stupid and bad brained, apparently too much so to post in the wwe thread

Speaking of NXT though, I've been informed Toni Storm has a new finisher and it's like a spinning headlock driver thing and it looks really cool.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Destroy My Sweater posted:

...Dannikah Dunk are also gone.

The race car driver?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

How does the WWE look at a guy like this and decide 'yeah nah we're going to let you go'.

https://twitter.com/ezra_judge/status/1322977658486095874?s=21

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I can think of one reason :thunkher:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That’s rad

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Vandar posted:

How does the WWE look at a guy like this and decide 'yeah nah we're going to let you go'.

https://twitter.com/ezra_judge/status/1322977658486095874?s=21

He must be like 5'6"

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Would you believe 6’8”?

Edit: Played football at the same college as Jade Cargill apparently too. Gonna get a look in 90 days if he wants one, probably.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Imperium just got Hurt Business'D.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
From Fightful Select, it sounds like Drake was a real handful, and that's being incredibly generous.

quote:

Drake Wuertz is gone from WWE, and the NXT roster were not short on words about his behavior.

In the wake of Drake Wuertz's backstage NXT county commission video and news that he wasn't allowed in the CWC for weeks, more people that had spoken about him off the record were more willing to go on the record. Several names at the Performance Center claim Drake has had "nuclear heat brought on by himself" for the better part of a year. This follows instances where WWE had to warn him about attending events without a mask and not being vaccinated, and several "attempts for political plays," we're told.

In regards to political plays, the roster was well aware that Drake Wuertz had been trying to position himself for certain roles within the company, and was willing to try to put heat on others to get there, and attempted to numerous times.

There were a couple of instances where we're told that minorities within NXT took exception to the way things were worded by Wuertz. One situation we've heard of involved EJ Nduka (Ezra Judge) almost feeling the need to get physical with Drake. There were numerous times when talent, specifically people of color, went to NXT higher ups about situations like this.

Last year's NXT In Your House gained Drake Wuertz significant heat after the show, as story of his behavior circulated. Triple H gave a speech in the middle of the Black Lives Matter movement, which saw him say (paraphrasing) that all people, races, genders, and religions were welcomed. We were told that when "religions" were mentioned, Wuertz's attitude immediately changed, and he aggressively gathered his belongings and left.

In the months following, no fewer than ten wrestlers have told Fightful they didn't feel comfortable or safe around Wuertz. He was also known to have loudly criticized wrestlers for getting vaccinations or even simple flu shots.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i've started a petition to bring drake wuertz back to WWE for life. if you would like to sign the petition please send me a pm

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
But did he do any fast counts

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

they let this go on for over a loving year ahahaha

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

they let this go on for over a loving year ahahaha

They liked all the racism and QAnon but he was a time thief and the company couldn't stand for that.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Imagine being too publicly broke-brained to keep a WWE gig lol

I kinda hope some skeezy indies give him work just to keep him from leading an armed insurrection on Titan Towers.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I think a desperate indy giving Drake a gig is pretty much a formality

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
are there enough shitters around for a qanon wrestling promotion to attempt to happen

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Cavauro posted:

i've started a petition to bring drake wuertz back to WWE for life. if you would like to sign the petition please send me a pm

I’ll sign the petition brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

flatluigi posted:

are there enough shitters around for a qanon wrestling promotion to attempt to happen

The Rabbit Tribe from Lucha Underground was a warning we failed to heed