Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Someone (Eddie Kingston?) convince Tony to go negotiate with the Japanese TV networks to get the rights to all the old All Japan stuff. He can say "All JAPAN is All ELITE" it writes itself

Just twisting the knife that All Japan themselves can't get that 90s stuff put onto the Battle Library

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

he has the blue check Mark because of his public-facing job, writing the Dynamitr recaps on f4w

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Just twisting the knife that All Japan themselves can't get that 90s stuff put onto the Battle Library

He could buy All Japan with the change

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jesus, if he thinks that MJF joining a stable and then betraying it is "stable hopping" he's going to poo poo liquid fire when he finds out about the NOAH juniors division.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Benne posted:

Tony openly hated the act and refused to sign Joey long before the abuse stuff came out.

Why do people still harp on this? All In isn't AEW.
Joey's claims at the time (and who knows how true they are) was that he was given an offer but would have to change his gimmick and he'd made more money working the indies, so he declined. I guess that jives with Tony hating the act, at least.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kenny Herzog works f4w because newspaper delivery is too intense and confusing. Same with running an ice cream truck.

e: oh he's even worse. he's a billionaire bootlicker.

coconono fucked around with this message at 15:38 on May 20, 2021

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i do one of those things for a living and actually, he would be up for whatever job you have if he wasn't just slightly too dumb. doesn't feel that cool to hear out of nowhere does it? when you're just trying to read about wrestling, maybe get everyone to agree with what you say about max caster. suddenly getting put down

Sorry for blowing my top. one too many water joe caffeinated waters in the morning

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 15:36 on May 20, 2021

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Wait, I thought Werner Herzog liked wrestling now.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Cavauro posted:

i do one of those things for a living and actually, he would be up for whatever job you have if he wasn't just slightly too dumb. doesn't feel that cool to hear out of nowhere does it? when you're just trying to read about wrestling, maybe get everyone to agree with what you say about max caster. suddenly getting put down

Sorry for blowing my top. one too many water joe caffeinated waters in the morning
pm me if you need to

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Lamuella posted:

Jesus, if he thinks that MJF joining a stable and then betraying it is "stable hopping" he's going to poo poo liquid fire when he finds out about the NOAH juniors division.

He doesn't know who onita is, the idea of a "NOAH juniors division" is beyond this guy

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Maki Itoh makes the cover of PWI, so of course, some people have a problem with this

https://twitter.com/ChrisManley1994/status/1395066230361542656?s=20
https://twitter.com/Dazzy_D1989/status/1395043713202667522?s=20
https://twitter.com/DCCReynolds/status/1395062027991752704?s=20
https://twitter.com/RampHMBD/status/1395090221176299520?s=20

WHACKY ITOH

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Piam (Pee 'em) Bedman (Bed man)

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Waki(whacky) Ito

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"More of a star than Lio Rush at the moment."

Zing!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Mods please change my name to Waki(whacky) Ito.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i believe her many simps can confirm

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

i believe her many simps can confirm

:hai:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It's Waki(whacky) Ito's finisher the Waki(whacky) line?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

it’s the lackey whine

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

New thread title:

The Chris Regal Memorial Bad Takes Thread: Waky(whacky) Ito

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
is Whacky Waki like Rowdy Roddy

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

is Whacky Waki like Rowdy Roddy

no its what fozzie bear says

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'd rather watch Maki Itoh than Bobby Lashley, a man who I have spent my entire life wondering what the gently caress the deal is about putting him everywhere

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

DLC Inc posted:

I'd rather watch Maki Itoh than Bobby Lashley, a man who I have spent my entire life wondering what the gently caress the deal is about putting him everywhere

He big

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Bobby Lashley is cool.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

JUNGLE BOY posted:

To spew hatred and malign WWE
The best thing about anti-AEW pro-WWE fans on Twitter is that they seem to think AEW fans are all the exact kind of malicious pervy obsessive weirdos that Vince McMahon actually is.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://twitter.com/Lucralized/status/1395505290045534208?s=20

lol

This ain't what a Bingo board looks like!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Also that square's not on the card.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/BadIWC_Takes/status/1394298589480845312

Look at the replies and quote tweets. :lol:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
For the record that original tweet is a correct opinion

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The most disgusting promotional tactic goes to AEW for saying their match is good.

https://twitter.com/BadIWC_Takes/status/1393834900227190786

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

say what you will about rollins but he might be the first person who has actually succeeded at Posting Through it

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/LarryDallasDG/status/1395443445863419914?s=19

"I think people who wish for someone they think is a bad person to get hurt are bad people, so I wish they get hurt." is just opening the world up to a vicious cycle of karmic injuries.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Larry Dallas is a man who doesn't know he should shut the gently caress up

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

https://twitter.com/LarryDallasDG/status/1395443445863419914?s=19

"I think people who wish for someone they think is a bad person to get hurt are bad people, so I wish they get hurt." is just opening the world up to a vicious cycle of karmic injuries.

And here he is chuckling at Johnny The Bull's broken tailbone. https://twitter.com/LarryDallasDG/status/1159572986065825809

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

forkboy84 posted:

Larry Dallas is a man who doesn't know he should shut the gently caress up

I wish we could separate the DG commentator from the rest of Larry. I like that guy. Not so much the Larry that feels compelled to piss and whine on twitter "like a tough guy"

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

coconono posted:

I wish we could separate the DG commentator from the rest of Larry. I like that guy. Not so much the Larry that feels compelled to piss and whine on twitter "like a tough guy"

Absolutely. Although at this point I dunno if they'd even bring Larry back once the pandemic is over. For the size of the western fanbase Jae is fine with Ho Ho. I mean, Ho Ho is a guy who clearly had never seen any Dragon Gate before he started there but it's honestly quite endearing, especially when he's sat next to the fountain of all that is Dragon System knowledge.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

forkboy84 posted:

Absolutely. Although at this point I dunno if they'd even bring Larry back once the pandemic is over. For the size of the western fanbase Jae is fine with Ho Ho. I mean, Ho Ho is a guy who clearly had never seen any Dragon Gate before he started there but it's honestly quite endearing, especially when he's sat next to the fountain of all that is Dragon System knowledge.

my favorite part of Larry on commentary was telling backstage involving the the japanese DG roster not acknowledging his presence. Dude is probably the most loathed man in the wrestling's northern hemisphere.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

coconono posted:

my favorite part of Larry on commentary was telling backstage involving the the japanese DG roster not acknowledging his presence. Dude is probably the most loathed man in the wrestling's northern hemisphere.

His one friend being Marty Scurll is very funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I remember Jae throwing shade at Dallas for being responsible for the canonically worse Dream Gate match of all time, but other than that I'm not aware of the man's social media presence.

Lenny Leonard was really good for the one show he was on they should just bring him back and pair him with Jae for the big shows and keep the Jae/Ho Ho combo for Korakuens.