Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

oxsnard posted:

Biden is worse than trump lmao

"always has been"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

full death to israel

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Worse than Drumpf?? The Cheeto himself? Get real. He's a buffoon and a bully. Not only that, he eats McDonald's. Just beyond the pale. Glad we're restoring the soul of the nation. 💅

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

don't know what else to say because "death to israel" doesn't feel like enough

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/status/1395236749689999361

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
https://reductress.com/post/signs-y...ed-territories/

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
finally, someone says it
https://twitter.com/RJ_Macnaughton/status/1395250128940716035

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yikes. For dogs (IDF members) to enjoy the outdoors, you must apply frontline (white phosphorus) to protect it from fleas (open air prisoners)

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
that article is literal nazi poo poo..gently caress

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

drat that dudes a straight up nazi

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I for one am extremely happy that the Israelis are now speaking English the same way they have spoken to Arabs for decades so that people can see how they truly are and that every body who raised a weapon in Israel’s face was 100% justified and correct and Israel has no right to exist. Every rocket and bullet sent in Israels direction is 100% justified.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
has the rhetoric always been this transparently... fascist? I feel like in the past it was always given the liberal spit shine but it might just be how my perception and understanding of the world has evolved

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Like literally I had once a zionist tell me the Palestinians are like rats, they aren't smart enough to govern themselves, feel bad for them. Like 70 years of telling Zionists they are right and not challenge them on anything, they wound up being the fascist planetary army in the Starship troopers film.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
you can download this app to defend israel online for points that you can trade for gift cards.

israel is literally paying people for upvotes lmao. apparently it's a joint venture between a private israeli university and a sheldon adelson foundation. how did i never hear about this

https://imgur.com/a/dJ3P7PL

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

oxsnard posted:

has the rhetoric always been this transparently... fascist? I feel like in the past it was always given the liberal spit shine but it might just be how my perception and understanding of the world has evolved

It was always this fascist when Israelis spoke to Arabs and when Arabs tried to communicate this to the west the west wouldn’t believe it.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Al-Saqr posted:

It was always this fascist when Israelis spoke to Arabs and when Arabs tried to communicate this to the west the west wouldn’t believe it.

oh ok, that makes me feel slightly less dumb. I've been against Israeli actions for a long time but the words I'm reading feel different and I'm glad someone who knows the situation better than I do confirms it

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

oxsnard posted:

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1990-06-22-mn-431-story.html

quote:

June 22, 1990 12 AM PT
Reuters
TEL AVIV —

An Israeli colonel accused of ordering soldiers to break the limbs of Palestinians testified today that beatings were “part of the accepted norm in that period” of the Palestinian uprising.

Testifying in his own defense, Col. Yehuda Meir told three military judges that his superiors did not question the beatings because “there was nothing special in it. . . . There was nothing out of the ordinary.”

Meir testified Thursday that former Defense Minister Yitzhak Rabin gave orders in January, 1988, to break the bones of Palestinian inciters as punishment.

Rabin rejected Meir’s contention in an interview today on Israel Radio. He said he ordered the army to beat rioters only to bring them under control.

Meir admitted ordering beatings but said he now feels abandoned by Rabin and by Maj. Gen. Amram Mitzna, the former military commander of the West Bank and Meir’s former commanding officer.

“I feel like they abandoned me and threw me to the dogs,” Meir told the judges. He began to cry minutes later and asked for a recess.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I mean yeah that's both disgusting and unsurprising but I'm referring more to taking heads and op eds in western media

For the record, even back in 09 when I was a feckless liberal, I told my wife (we weren't married at the time) that I didn't want her to go to Birthright because it seemed like a really weird thing for the Israeli government to do and a ripe ground for propaganda

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
ah yeah, netanyahu says the quiet part loud more often than some of his predecessors i guess

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

Wasn't Rabin supposed to be the "good" Israel MP? Kind of shocked to read that, but I know very little about him.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

I'm very here for this poo poo. Turns out organized labour might just be the strongest weapon in the Palestinian arsenal, I wonder if anyone else can learn any lessons from this?

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Orange Devil posted:

I'm very here for this poo poo. Turns out organized labour might just be the strongest weapon in the Palestinian arsenal, I wonder if anyone else can learn any lessons from this?

that's about 10% of the Palestinian population too.

Israel's GDP is 1 billion dollars per day, that 40 million bucks adds up to 4% so a month of full general strike could easily plunge the country into full economic recession

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
let's not kid ourselves though, they'll throw Palestinians into labor concentration camps if push comes to shove

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Wasn't there a ceasefire in like 2005 where Israel bombed and killed a Palestinian who declared the unilateral ceasefire?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

oxsnard posted:

that's about 10% of the Palestinian population too.

Israel's GDP is 1 billion dollars per day, that 40 million bucks adds up to 4% so a month of full general strike could easily plunge the country into full economic recession

Just the fact that there's real unrest among Arab Israeli's at the same time and in solidarity with the people in Gaza is different from the last 15 or so years and it does not seem like Israel is in any way prepared for it.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Notwithstanding the horror of such a "solution" people like this will of course be sitting safely in their homes while delighted that teenage Israelis are being sent out to die. Motherfuckers like this should be on the frontline if they want this Nazi poo poo implemented.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

oxsnard posted:

I mean yeah that's both disgusting and unsurprising but I'm referring more to taking heads and op eds in western media

For the record, even back in 09 when I was a feckless liberal, I told my wife (we weren't married at the time) that I didn't want her to go to Birthright because it seemed like a really weird thing for the Israeli government to do and a ripe ground for propaganda

The Christian cult Children of God (now The Family International) used a tactic they called "flirty fishing," which was having their members use sex as a way to show new recruits the love of God and hook them in to the group. So yeah, it's pretty "weird" that Israel gives free trips to awkward Jewish kids so they can lose their virginities in the homeland and have that association for the rest of their lives.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

shitsock rabin

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

crepeface posted:

you can download this app to defend israel online for points that you can trade for gift cards.

israel is literally paying people for upvotes lmao. apparently it's a joint venture between a private israeli university and a sheldon adelson foundation. how did i never hear about this

https://imgur.com/a/dJ3P7PL

o poo poo... time to shill israel. Amazon giftcards here i fuckin come

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Anyone have a link to the newsweek Nazi poo poo?

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

quote:

In the Middle East, Give War a Chance | Opinion

ABRAHAM MILLER , DISTINGUISHED FELLOW, HAYM SALOMON CENTER
ON 5/19/21 AT 6:30 AM EDT

AD Loading

Only when it involves Jews can a simple real estate dispute precipitate a war and be turned into a symbol of ethnic cleansing. The property in the Jerusalem neighborhood long named after Simeon the Righteous was purchased by Jews in 1870. In 1948, Jordan's military took over that part of eastern Jerusalem, ethnically cleansed the Jews and resettled Arabs in the property.

Those Arabs' descendants refuse to recognize the legitimate Jewish claim to the property—something their forebears not only recognized, but put into formal writing. Today, the underlying Palestinian-Arab residents in the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood refuse to pay rent to the rightful Jewish owners.

In any country where a neutral rule of law prevails, the squatters would be evicted. It would be a simple, straightforward legal action. But in the Middle East, nothing is simple.

So, the mantra of ethnic cleansing filled the streets of Jerusalem as stones rained down from atop the Western Wall on Jewish worshipers. Palestinian rioters once again found an excuse for violence against Israeli Jews.

BEST OF NEWSWEEK VIA EMAIL 

Not to be outdone by the incited mob, Hamas, whose existence depends on its commitment to the destruction of the Jewish state, launched indiscriminate rockets and missiles into Israel's populated areas. Hamas knew full well that Israel would respond with a devastating aerial bombardment of its political and military infrastructure—and that there would be inevitable civilian casualties in tightly packed Gaza City, where Hamas interweaves itself within the noncombatant population. The internationally recognized terror outfit then showcases these civilian deaths for an anti-Israel media eager for dramatic visuals to exploit.

Thus, the ritual of violence once again takes place. Let us be clear: Hamas knows it cannot defeat Israel. It can, for a limited number of days, inflict pain on Israel's civilian population. It can rejoice in the misery it causes Israelis. And it can ignore the misery of the civilian population of Gaza—Hamas operates as a conqueror in its own putative land, beholden to no one.

Hamas knows that, inevitably, it can count on the international community to spare it by advocating for a ceasefire. The Europeans will then rush money into Hamas' coffers to rebuild the destruction—and some of it will be diverted for Hamas' continual war efforts.

The scenario has existed before. It will be repeated again. Hamas wages its war of attrition—or, as observers of asymmetrical warfare have called it, the war of the flea. The flea is small and the dog is large, but over time enough attacks by enough fleas will bring down the dog.

Make life unbearable for Israelis and the most skilled, educated and marketable among them will probably leave. This is Hamas' method to assuage the obvious reality that its attacks from the sky will never destroy Israel. Its attacks are instead designed to merely make Israel vulnerable.

The virtue-signaling peace crowd is already demonstrating. But there is no virtue in enabling a devout enemy to regroup for its next inevitable war. Extremism in defense of one's own nation and the lives of one's own children is not a vice, but an act of righteousness.

An intractable enemy must be destroyed. The cost of the war must be so great that Hamas will not be able to repeat its periodic foray of violence, its continual mobilization of wars of attrition. If the dog is to survive, then the fleas must be destroyed in their earliest stages.

There is no giving peace yet another chance. For Israel, only war will solve its problem with an intractable enemy hell-bent on its destruction. It is time for Israel to ignore the international community that will rebuild Hamas' military capacity and to give war a chance.

Abraham H. Miller is an emeritus professor of political science, University of Cincinnati and a distinguished fellow with the Haym Salomon Center. Follow him on Twitter: @salomoncenter.

The views expressed in this article are the writer's own.

don't give them their clicks

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

oxsnard posted:

don't give them their clicks

imo people should try to get this dipshit fired from his professorship

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

ah so now cancel culture comes for academics who propose genocide

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
yeah but good luck. Israel and its supporters are allowed to parrot nazi propaganda, it's just the way things are

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The Christian cult Children of God (now The Family International) used a tactic they called "flirty fishing," which was having their members use sex as a way to show new recruits the love of God and hook them in to the group. So yeah, it's pretty "weird" that Israel gives free trips to awkward Jewish kids so they can lose their virginities in the homeland and have that association for the rest of their lives.

sounds a lot like the IDF propaganda with hot IDF tiktok girls recently and i distinctly remember a period where hot IDF girls were plastered all over imgur and reddit too

also the IDF LGTBQ and vegan postings are propaganda too

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Death By The Blues posted:

Like literally I had once a zionist tell me the Palestinians are like rats, they aren't smart enough to govern themselves, feel bad for them. Like 70 years of telling Zionists they are right and not challenge them on anything, they wound up being the fascist planetary army in the Starship troopers film.

It's pretty hilarious how the modern day Zionist blatantly crib so many ideological concepts from the Third Reich, our right to lebensraum and "race theory thinking".

Arabs are dumb, lazy and should be glad to be ruled by superior Israelis.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
IDF is LGTBQ friendly so you should support IDF doing war crimes and genocide y'all

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
the thing that really pisses me off about all this is how unnecessary it all was. establishing a jewish ethnostate in palestine was doomed from the beginning. it would have been so simple to carve off a luxembourg sized chunk of germany right after the war to use as a jewish homeland. and the germans would have been sensible enough of its necessity to make it flourish. this whole mess is pretty much down the the allies being too anti-semitic to establish a jewish ethnostate in europe.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

No surprising the recent crisis has helped to recover popular support for Bibi.

One of the oldest tricks in the politics playbook to save a failing administration that has been plagued by multiple scandals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Stringent posted:

the thing that really pisses me off about all this is how unnecessary it all was. establishing a jewish ethnostate in palestine was doomed from the beginning. it would have been so simple to carve off a luxembourg sized chunk of germany right after the war to use as a jewish homeland. and the germans would have been sensible enough of its necessity to make it flourish. this whole mess is pretty much down the the allies being too anti-semitic to establish a jewish ethnostate in europe.

just give them New Jersey