Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It’s a weird style they keep sticking with. Vendetta looked the exact same.

Also RE movies are just insane bullshit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbcTtbXnOCo

(edit lol I am not importing my page snype skills to CD I promise)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

EXTREME DUCK DUCK GOOSE! (or duck duck grey duck, what the gently caress, Minnesota?)

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/hbomax/status/1395363688249430018

What a loving cast

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

The MSJ posted:

“The books are PG. this is R.” RL Stine knows his audience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyMOBcDMS6c

yeah imma watch these

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

NoneMoreNegative posted:

gently caress I wish I could find the comment in the YouTube thread about this where the guy is going on about the epitome of shooting is going in circles

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I mean, yeah, I'm always down for a Soderbergh heist movie with a great cast that isn't called "Ocean's 12". So I'm in.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

No Cockney Accent

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

mcmagic posted:

I just saw a trailer for a movie "Dear Evan Hansen" that seems to be about a 34 year old who is still in high school?

https://twitter.com/theavclub/status/1395156208537903108?s=21

He originated the role on Broadway but yeah he looks too old for the movie.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

thrawn527 posted:

I mean, yeah, I'm always down for a Soderbergh heist movie with a great cast that isn't called "Ocean's 12". So I'm in.

Yo I loved Oceans 12. Its such a weird movie that really rewards rewatches

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Shageletic posted:

It’s basically Clooney and crew having an European vacation and filming a movie in between. The cast have such fun dynamic and trash talking between them that it’s hard to care about how stupid and pointless the plot is. Scott Caan and Affleck’s sibling rivalry is great.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

its not a very good movie but Vincent Cassel is such a great villain in averything he's in

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrxHZDwLWn0

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

He sucked rear end in Westworld

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Hakkesshu posted:

He sucked rear end in Westworld

Might be more the show sucking rear end after the first season.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Carthag Tuek posted:

its not a very good movie but Vincent Cassel is such a great villain in averything he's in

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrxHZDwLWn0

I was going to make a dumb joke before realizing Vincent Cassel =/= Vincent Gallo

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Shageletic posted:

The cast is interesting as always, but the plot is just painfully stupid. The whole thing was apparently wrapped up before most of the movie happened, so everything else was pointless? And by the time they get to the "Julia Roberts' character looks like Julia Roberts" as a plot point, I am firmly in "gently caress you, movie" mode.

A heist movie should make you care about how the heist goes down, and in Ocean's 12 I feel like the movie is actively telling me that I'm dumb for trying to care.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

thrawn527 posted:

The cast is interesting as always, but the plot is just painfully stupid. The whole thing was apparently wrapped up before most of the movie happened, so everything else was pointless? And by the time they get to the "Julia Roberts' character looks like Julia Roberts" as a plot point, I am firmly in "gently caress you, movie" mode.

A heist movie should make you care about how the heist goes down, and in Ocean's 12 I feel like the movie is actively telling me that I'm dumb for trying to care.

I think it works great as a heist scheme against the antagonist filmed from the antagonist's POV and the Tess is Julia Roberts as Julia Roberts arc is genius as depicting an heretofore unequaled level of embarassment-by-proxy. You can see that everything we see in the movie is Cassel's having had them all under surveillance for months--as seen whenever we see Cassel's character he's got Ocean's crew on multiple cameras.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Thaddius the Large posted:

I was going to make a dumb joke before realizing Vincent Cassel =/= Vincent Gallo

oh man, being vincent gallo must suck a lot

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

Why do people hate that so much? I thought it was kind of fun, in a never been done before kind of way. Like that short cartoon where Mark Hamill gets kidnapped by The Joker and realizes he sounds like all the villains in the car with him. And it's not as if the Ocean's movies are higher art than a Batman cartoon.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Vincent Cassel look-a like-a fish

BiggestBatman
Aug 23, 2018

thrawn527 posted:

Thought that part was hilarious as a fifteen year old and I'm pretty sure i was correct then

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

BiggestBatman posted:

Thought that part was hilarious as a fifteen year old and I'm pretty sure i was correct then

Yeah it's like Spiderman Homecoming when Michael Keaton opens the door, but stretched out for like 10 minutes. It's GREAT.

Bruce Willis as Bruce Willis asking about Tallulah's SpongeBob

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE fucked around with this message at 15:44 on May 23, 2021

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Eternals teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WVDKZJkGlY

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Looks cool, but tells me nothing.

So, I guess, a true teaser.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
SKEETER!

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Both Kit Harrington and Richard Madden are in this movie?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Dillbag posted:

Vincent Cassel look-a like-a fish

He was fantastic in Eastern Promises.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
So that kid is eternally 13? What a nightmare.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Why does the one Pakistani actor have to be put in what is clearly a Bollywood-inspired sequence? Lol.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

teagone posted:

Why does the one Pakistani actor have to be put in what is clearly a Bollywood-inspired sequence? Lol.

From what I've heard about the plot his character is supposed to be a Bollywood star.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Laughing Zealot posted:

From what I've heard about the plot his character is supposed to be a Bollywood star.

Lmao, ok Marvel.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

???

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I don't know anything about the Eternals, but making one of them of Bollywood star is pretty funny. That alone resparked my interest a bit.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I was thinking this for a time before I saw the trailer, but I'm getting "first Marvel flop" vibes from this movie. Like the idea of having a movie with ~10 main characters that are these distant, immortal beings that you're supposed to care for seems like a recipe for disaster. This feels like the Inhumans TV show with a higher budget. A bunch of cold royals who lord over humanity, real down-to-earth characters that your audience will connect with, I'm sure.

Now some fans might point out that Guardians of the Galaxy was an unknown property as well that was a smashing success, but with that movie you only had to care for ~5 characters that were very visually distinct with humorous personalities.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

I’m gonna love it if he’s in a Bollywood production of an ancient story he was actually a part of.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Retrowave Joe posted:

I’m gonna love it if he’s in a Bollywood production of an ancient story he was actually a part of.

Them being around forever and constantly weaving the narrative of their existence as myths and stories and song would be pretty cool.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Wait, is Eternals the same as that really bad ABC series with the big dog?

e: apparently not but maybe the GoT characters and extremely similar premises threw me off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sYF1SXcWqQ

f#a# fucked around with this message at 16:03 on May 24, 2021

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

f#a# posted:

Wait, is Eternals the same as that really bad ABC series with the big dog?
It's not, but it gives me the same feeling, for sure. Large cast of powered ruling-class characters who have been hiding from the world until now.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

teagone posted:

I don't know anything about the Eternals, but making one of them of Bollywood star is pretty funny. That alone resparked my interest a bit.

Oh I thought you were saying this was a bad thing

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

JazzFlight posted:

I was thinking this for a time before I saw the trailer, but I'm getting "first Marvel flop" vibes from this movie. Like the idea of having a movie with ~10 main characters that are these distant, immortal beings that you're supposed to care for seems like a recipe for disaster. This feels like the Inhumans TV show with a higher budget. A bunch of cold royals who lord over humanity, real down-to-earth characters that your audience will connect with, I'm sure.

Now some fans might point out that Guardians of the Galaxy was an unknown property as well that was a smashing success, but with that movie you only had to care for ~5 characters that were very visually distinct with humorous personalities.

It might not be a flop just because its going to be one of the first major movies to come out in theaters with a large percentage of the population already vaccinated against Covid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

JazzFlight posted:

The fact that all the main characters are already big Hollywood stars will probably help.

Collateral posted:

So that kid is eternally 13? What a nightmare.

I had to look up this character's Wikipedia and... yeah... they think so too.