Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
just spent 30 minutes doing a d20 break with tainted jacob on greeedier and the game crashed. sick. time to do it all over again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Another unproductive day full of almost killing hush and ultra greed over and over :smith:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

END CHEMTRAILS NOW posted:

Sure.

Isaac now holds the D6! -- Defeat Isaac as ???
Cain holds Paperclip -- Donate 68 coins to the Greed Donation Machine
Eve now holds Razor Blade -- Donate 439 coins to the Greed Donation Machine
Lost holds Holy Mantle -- Donate 879 coins to the Greed Donation Machine
Laz Bleeds More! -- Complete Backasswards (challenge #31)
Maggy Now Holds a Pill! -- Complete Aprils Fool (challenge #32)
Samson holds Child's Heart -- Complete Ultra Hard (challenge #34)
Keeper now holds... A Penny! -- Defeat Hush as Keeper
Keeper holds Wooden Nickel -- Defeat Isaac as Keeper
Keeper holds Store Key -- Defeat Satan as Keeper

I believe that's all of them.

Edit: Added Ultra Hard. Thanks No Wave

Thank you!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Sharkitten posted:

Another unproductive day full of almost killing hush and ultra greed over and over :smith:

goonspeed youre gonna get them.

i jsut got to beast as tainted az with 14 damage and i died on death. the hitboxes on the harbinges is impossibnle to tell and because i got 0 range up the whole run my sneezes kept whiffing. good stuff

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Someone please make a mod to make mom's stomp explosion damage again so I can unlock forgotten without tearing out my hair tia.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Note to self: CURSED EYE SUCKS IN SHEOL, gently caress IT AND ITS BIRTHER. Almost had my Normal Sheol mark for Judas done. Then Satan was a bit too happy with bullets and I should have just Bible'd right then and there to save myself the trouble.

That said, I got Samson's Boss Rush AND Sheol unlocks done at least. And now my game's Everything Is Terrible.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

Someone please make a mod to make mom's stomp explosion damage again so I can unlock forgotten without tearing out my hair tia.

i managed it without any major issues as tainted maggie, highly recommended over azazel

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

It only took me 3 tries with Azazel, just never stopped moving and it worked out pretty well v:shobon:v

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Well, the first run I did after complaining about it, I got it with Azazel. The system works.

Zedlic
Mar 10, 2005

Ask me about being too much of a sperging idiot to understand what resisting arrest means.

Sharkitten posted:

Now that you've posted about it here I'm sure you'll get them the next run.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

widespread posted:

Note to self: CURSED EYE SUCKS IN SHEOL, gently caress IT AND ITS BIRTHER. Almost had my Normal Sheol mark for Judas done. Then Satan was a bit too happy with bullets and I should have just Bible'd right then and there to save myself the trouble.

That said, I got Samson's Boss Rush AND Sheol unlocks done at least. And now my game's Everything Is Terrible.

You pretty much shouldn't take Cursed Eye unless you already have Black Candle(removes teleport effect) or you're some sort of master dodger. It drives me insane. But if you remove that teleport effect it's pretty solid

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

There's a few other instances where the teleport effect is disabled, for instance I think Lilith won't be teleported. If you already had high tears though it kinda still just sucks to use

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Marked disables the teleport, it's how I got a win on Mother with Tainted Judas.

Also just beat Mother with Jacob and Esau, real question but every run with them has them with like... no HP up until after the depths/mauso and then suddenly a metric poo poo ton of soul hearts/hp ups spawn and they both can take a hit safer. Is it just me or what because that's how most of my runs wind up going. Got Satanic Bible in a crawl space and PHD was on the other was spawning Health Up pills super often.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

God there has to be something I'm missing with the mega satan void portal... fought him 15+ times since starting repentance and the portal has not spawned a single time. worst feeling to have a J&E that would actually beat delirium easily just end

watho
Aug 2, 2013

my last two mega satan kills have me the portal so it’s just random drops spawns being random like usual

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Add me to the list of people who have lost a run to a Black Market actually being an I Am Error room. Mausoleum 2 on a Beast run for me. I wonder if they massively upped the rate in the last patch or something. or maybe they hosed up black markets some how and going to the error room is the result of a real error, has anyone seen an actual black market recently?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

yeah that seems to be a bug where all black markets dump you into an error room

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
Has the encyclopedia mod been fixed so it doesn't show the description of hidden items?

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

yorkinshire posted:

Has the encyclopedia mod been fixed so it doesn't show the description of hidden items?

Yep, the only questionable thing it does now is show you what cards on the floor are before you've picked them up (but not the ones for sale in shops), and you can turn that off anyway.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

got an utterly broken run going with lillith, picked up the R Key while doing the ascent, got the Tainted unlock and then used the R Key to go after a Mother kill, picked up suicide king from a fortune teller machine, meant to swap it out for a joker card on the ground and then use the joker card, accidentally used suicide king instead. Run over, no Beast kill, no Mother kill, no Anything kill, gently caress me.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Emong posted:

Yep, the only questionable thing it does now is show you what cards on the floor are before you've picked them up (but not the ones for sale in shops), and you can turn that off anyway.

I didn’t know it did that when I installed the mod but I think I like that it does that.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Just messed with some settings and realized that the analog stick on my steam controller was calibrated incorrectly and wasn't moving Isaac around at full speed. I've been playing the game with permanent .8 speed or so this entire time.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

goferchan posted:

Just messed with some settings and realized that the analog stick on my steam controller was calibrated incorrectly and wasn't moving Isaac around at full speed. I've been playing the game with permanent .8 speed or so this entire time.

Ultra Instinct training complete

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

goferchan posted:

another point for keyboard

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Marked disables the teleport, it's how I got a win on Mother with Tainted Judas.

Also just beat Mother with Jacob and Esau, real question but every run with them has them with like... no HP up until after the depths/mauso and then suddenly a metric poo poo ton of soul hearts/hp ups spawn and they both can take a hit safer. Is it just me or what because that's how most of my runs wind up going. Got Satanic Bible in a crawl space and PHD was on the other was spawning Health Up pills super often.

I got my J+E mother win with placebo and a health up pill. Health generation seems way more important for them.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

i really enjoy bullet hell bosses in this and other games but man is it lacking a focus key for fine movements

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

PostNouveau posted:

I got my J+E mother win with placebo and a health up pill. Health generation seems way more important for them.

After struggling with those two jackasses for a while, I had a run that started with book of revelations floor one, then an unbelievable shop floor three that had both car battery and diplopia for sale. Felt real good running around with full soul hearts on both of them the rest of the run.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Mylan posted:

After struggling with those two jackasses for a while, I had a run that started with book of revelations floor one, then an unbelievable shop floor three that had both car battery and diplopia for sale. Felt real good running around with full soul hearts on both of them the rest of the run.

seems like all my good runs with them involve a library with revelations/satanic bible

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Dodging with them sucks so bad you basically either need a powerful enough offense that you don't have to dodge or a way to generate lots of hp. Or just get lucky and have the game give you lots of hp.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Eclipse12 posted:

I'm trying to remember if it's possible for the portal to spawn twice...

The portal can in fact spawn

After The Heart
After Hush
After Isaac/Satan
After ???/The Lamb
and then not mega satan why would there be a portal there

ask me how I know :shepface:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I don't know if there was an item quality system before Repentence, but now that there definitely is one, the Void portal should spawn if you reach a certain power level. Like keep it 50-50 otherwise, but it's a bummer to be balling out of control and not get the option of melting Delirium.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

egg tats posted:

After The Heart
After Hush
After Isaac/Satan
After ???/The Lamb

I'm pretty sure it can spawn after Mom even.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It can (5% chance), but you need either 10+ damage or over 20 items.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Zedlic posted:

Now that you've posted about it here I'm sure you'll get them the next run.

Actually it was yet another death with Hush at like 2% hp

I only go try to fight him when I really think I have a chance, it appears I should have a chance +1 in the future to actually get victories

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

hell yes gently caress this character

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Just gave an electric bum 78 coins for no item in return :geno:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
And Delirium on Tainted Lost DOWN!!!! Twisted Twins, Birthright, Oculus Rift, 6.50 rate of fire, Huge range, homing tears. Got another Holy Card and got the D-1, duplicated the thing many times on every floor. When I got to Delirium(via Hush) I made the play to drop the card and duplicate it in there. Managed to successfully do it and Oculus Rift kept his nasty projectiles away from me. Just kept moving and let my massive range and homing tears do most of the work and go in on him when he got trapped in a rift. WHEW.

Tainted Lost is a lot of fun in my opinion. Especially since they changed boss trap rooms back to what they were in Flash Isaac...a change in Rebirth that never made a bit of sense to me.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Getting Uranus in a second-floor planetarium breaks the game wide open. I might just skip the 1st floor treasure room completely going forward.

As ??? my Beast-busting build was Uranus + Monstro's Lung + Godhead + late Polyphemus. I open the door and the room freezes like it's Edmonton in wintertime. Using Diploplia to double the Polaroid helped, since the strange door only takes one of them.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

egg tats posted:

After The Heart
After Hush
After Isaac/Satan
After ???/The Lamb

Is that why the Always Void mod breaks Mega Satan unlocks? I never knew that... I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
So Shard of Glass just ruins your run now? Why did they do this?

This was a viable J+E Greedier run, Edmund! :argh: