Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MervBushwacker
Jun 18, 2018

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Remember VIP for Vicky 1? They added a ton of african tags instead of the dumb "empty land" system. But also represented colonization by just picking France or Britain and occasionally you'd get an event like "one of your dudes just signed a bullshit treaty, you annex Wolof"

surprisingly accurate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I usually check out of Vicky after the second or third world war. By that time I'm usually so dominant the only fun is to see just how badly I've destroyed my rivals.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
My Megacampaign group has restarted our megacampaign, again we're using Crusader Kings II but now we're using the After the End mod, a mod that has CK2 take place in a post-apocalyptic nuclear wasteland version of North America. Is it alright if I crosspost AARs I post to the CK2 thread here?

Gaius Marius posted:

I usually check out of Vicky after the second or third world war. By that time I'm usually so dominant the only fun is to see just how badly I've destroyed my rivals.

Wait a second, are you the same Gaius Marius from the Blood and Iron V2 forums? :aaa:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Remember VIP for Vicky 1? They added a ton of african tags instead of the dumb "empty land" system. But also represented colonization by just picking France or Britain and occasionally you'd get an event like "one of your dudes just signed a bullshit treaty, you annex Wolof"

Lol that this is more accurate than the system as designed

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

Wait a second, are you the same Gaius Marius from the Blood and Iron V2 forums? :aaa:

I am not. I just had the article for him open when I chose my username

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
I dream of the mega campaign that starts with CK2, goes to HOI4, and then converts to After the End

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Sampatrick posted:

I dream of the mega campaign that starts with CK2, goes to HOI4, and then converts to After the End

We usually play Stellaris as a palate cleanser. :D

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Sampatrick posted:

... and then from After the End to Long After the End to (the yet uncreated) Long Long After the End and finally to the (really not yet created) Long Long Long After the End.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

By the way, thanks to everyone who pointed out LPs to me. I've been meaning to piece together the history of megacampaigns for a while, but was particularly motivated. I've gone and recorded a community segment for PDX Con about Converters and Megacampaigns. It's on the schedule and everything.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

idhrendur posted:

... and then from After the End to Long After the End to (the yet uncreated) Long Long After the End and finally to the (really not yet created) Long Long Long After the End.

Thats just called coop Project Wingman.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Every single campaign of V2 I've had turned into a slog after like 1910. That's about the point where I'd want the game railroaded into a singular massive war closer to HoI than the 19th century vicky gameplay. Then after that war it should end.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

YF-23 posted:

Every single campaign of V2 I've had turned into a slog after like 1910. That's about the point where I'd want the game railroaded into a singular massive war closer to HoI than the 19th century vicky gameplay. Then after that war it should end.

My games nothing happens the entire period because everyone is busy trying to play Factory-Clicker before the economy collapses.

e: Although its been getting better as we've been taking measures; like cutting down on the Human population.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 13:31 on May 11, 2021

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
I've talked about how mods are bad recently and now I'm enjoying Star Trek Horizons for Stellaris. Feels much better than the original game not just because of familiar faces but also woth basic things like exploration and expansion speed. Waging war is important even early cause a lot of parts of space havehostiles you won't be able to kill till midgame. In vanilla Stellaris you have very few systems like that and you still can expand a lot.

The economy is built on getting access to new resources and UI has problems supporting it. Still it's more fun than eternal juggling of global energy, food, minerals, alloys and consumer goods balance. Districts provide bonuses and no jobs so you actually feel the pressure to expand and find new jobs for your people.

There are bugs and unfinished stuff, like missing or wrong strings. Sometimes tooltips go mad and say something like "to upgrade this building you need one of following 30 buildings" and lists each type of lvl 2 planetary capital. And devs definitely thought more is better so even simplest ship designs can hace 10 weapon slots ensuring that I will only touch them to remove components relying on resources I have no access to. It's a bad strategy game but a fine chill experience.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
I'm actually pretty excited to find out what the new game is tomorrow lol

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

fuf posted:

When is the announcement supposed to be made?

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

the cycle begins anew

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
I can't wait for them to announce the game they've spent the last 20 years training and prototyping for. A combination of Crusader kings, hearts of iron, stellaris and vicky.

Battletech Grand Strategy. I can't wait to lead House Liao and crash their economy trying to build more mechs than they can afford.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Vicky 3, exclusive to the Epic Games Store.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Anno posted:

Vicky 3, exclusive to the Epic Games Store.

Honestly I'd be fine with this.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

fuf posted:

Crusader Kings mobile edition

Anno
May 10, 2017

Raenir Salazar posted:

Honestly I'd be fine with this.

It wouldn’t be the end of the world to me either, but I can think of a whole other forum that would have one hell of a time with it.

In other news, at least one PDS-fluent press member seems excited.

https://twitter.com/TilFolkvang/status/1395382396313169924

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Anno posted:

It wouldn’t be the end of the world to me either, but I can think of a whole other forum that would have one hell of a time with it.

In other news, at least one PDS-fluent press member seems excited.

https://twitter.com/TilFolkvang/status/1395382396313169924

lol its going to be stellaris 2

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Fantasy IP but in a shock move, it's steampunk and has pops. Can't wait for the airship designer.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
Please. It's obviously going to be either Svea Rike or Diplomacy 2.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Fantasy IP but in a shock move, it's steampunk and has pops. Can't wait for the airship designer.

I’m fine with this. I’d rather Paradox move on from historical contexts if they’re serious about creating interesting and balanced scenarios, not to mention their spotty history with things like genocide and atrocities.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Kangxi posted:

Please. It's obviously going to be either Svea Rike or Diplomacy 2.

Sengoku 2: this time CK was the prototype!

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Beamed posted:

I’m fine with this. I’d rather Paradox move on from historical contexts if they’re serious about creating interesting and balanced scenarios, not to mention their spotty history with things like genocide and atrocities.

The biggest examples of genocide and atrocities are in Stellaris though, history was holding them back

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

OddObserver posted:

Sengoku 2: this time CK was the prototype!

This would actually be cool

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol its going to be stellaris 2

This time they can actually fix the core problem with the design and make a good game.

Wildcard option. They bought the rights to the Imperialism series and are making a third game

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

OddObserver posted:

Romance of the Three Kingdoms: this time CK was the prototype!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's actually a strategy game about bedouin tribes in the desert.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
I'm putting my money down on Victoria III.

Pretty confident.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

HoI VR.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Fintilgin posted:

I'm putting my money down on Victoria III.

Pretty confident.

there’s no way these games journalists would give two shits about vicky3. it’s something big and flashy

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
It’s a in-depth simulation of a small Swedish village between 467-487.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

SlothfulCobra posted:

It's actually a strategy game about bedouin tribes in the desert.
I... I would actually like this. I think?

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Star posted:

It’s a in-depth simulation of a small Swedish village between 467-487.

Featuring pops! Twelve in total, until 471 when baby Ditte is born, then dropping back down to twelve in 480 when grandpa Karl dies.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

So, Banished: Sweden?

Anno
May 10, 2017

Raskolnikov38 posted:

there’s no way these games journalists would give two shits about vicky3. it’s something big and flashy

If you were referring to the tweet I posted I’m pretty sure she has 1000s of hours in most PDS games and likes Vicky second only to CK.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

That's one of the 3MA people, I dunno if you can find any bigger strategy game fans anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anno
May 10, 2017

Also NoCB, a podcast almost entirely about Paradox games, frequently with Paradox developers. If she’s excited so am I, though I hope it’s for a fantasy GSG over Vic3.