Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cage vs Sydal 3 2.78%
Ogogo vs Gunn 2 1.85%
Deeb vs Velvet 74 68.52%
Bucks vs Blonds 21 19.44%
Wild Things vs Acclaimed 8 7.41%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the biggest problem with the miro/lance short promo segment was that, after miro thanked jesus christ for making him big and strong, lance archer did not come out and tell him that jesus christ actually made HIM the biggest and the strongest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lamuella posted:

The big problem with Miro facing Archer is that it's not possible for both of them to be champ at the same time and I want both of them to be champ.

Maybe by the end of the match they'll understand the importance of friendship and sharing and be the inaugural TBS Hearts of Joy Co-Champions. The belt is extended so that both can wear it at once.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I want Lance Archer to be the first trios champion.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Mirowns and I’m so hype for him and Archer to have a monster smash fight. :allears:

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Max saying Mox/Eddie exchange valentine's gifts is less problematic than Archer telling Miro he's going to make him his Bulgarian bitch IMO.

But I also think they're both fine for a TV-14 wrestling show.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Maybe by the end of the match they'll understand the importance of friendship and sharing and be the inaugural TBS Hearts of Joy Co-Champions. The belt is extended so that both can wear it at once.

make it like a heart necklace where they each get one side and can combine it when they are together to show they are BFFs

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I do agree that the All Talk video was probably good enough that they could've just played that for the Acclaimed's intro. (That line about beating Mox so bad he'll need a Shield is mwah!)

Lamuella posted:

Andrade would be a fun Joker, just to build the Triplemania match
This would be great, especially if during the match he busts out the Naito fake dive spot and Omega and Callis lose their goddamn minds.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Spears as an insecure psychopath who takes everything as a personal slight against him and reacts... Poorly... Is the best idea they've had for him since he showed up.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I think Acclaimed needs a new intro song that isn't just a bunch of open bars for Max to rap during. The pre-recorded ones are so drat good but I imagine playing that and then having them come out to rap some more because they have to for their song would be too much.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

enigmahfc posted:

make it like a heart necklace where they each get one side and can combine it when they are together to show they are BFFs

Didn't LayCool do that with the divas title once?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

cams posted:

the biggest problem with the miro/lance short promo segment was that, after miro thanked jesus christ for making him big and strong, lance archer did not come out and tell him that jesus christ actually made HIM the biggest and the strongest

Lance should have thanked Satan for sending another delusional believer into his den.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Vince MechMahon posted:

Spears as an insecure psychopath who takes everything as a personal slight against him and reacts... Poorly... Is the best idea they've had for him since he showed up.

Does he post here?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

For those with AEW Plus, do they rotate out the free PPV replays you get as part of the package? Right now they have Fight For The Fallen and I think Fyter Fest.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Vince MechMahon posted:

Yeah PSP poster is a solid gimmick

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

enigmahfc posted:

Does he post here?

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Yeah PSP poster is a solid gimmick

Lmao :discourse:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
very telling Jesus wouldn't give Miro the power to over come the Best Friends

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

MotU posted:

He could destroy any wrestler in a boxing match but Cody is gonna remind him this is a wrestling ring not a boxing ring

Cody is gonna spend 45 minutes lying on the ground like an upturned turtle

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

flashy_mcflash posted:

For those with AEW Plus, do they rotate out the free PPV replays you get as part of the package? Right now they have Fight For The Fallen and I think Fyter Fest.

iirc it's always just been those two.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Those weren't 'true' PPVs, they were on BR Live for free in the US, so presumably that's why they're on Fite. I assume the TNT Clash of the Champions or whatever will be done that way too

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Kunabomber posted:

Cody is gonna spend 45 minutes lying on the ground like an upturned turtle

one punch to the gut then 16 minutes of peter griffin "aahhhh *hiss*"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

smarxist posted:

Cornette gives it 6 stars, would've gone 7 but no Brian.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

yea ok posted:

he should rap more like deltron3030 or aesop rock imo

just upgraded my retinal scanner on mars, total recall
ran a bio report news flash yo your dick's small

*beat continues, spoken word part*

your balls are small, too

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Vince MechMahon posted:

Lance should have thanked Satan for sending another delusional believer into his den.

i thought my pitch would be more true to his character

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
People are fine to dislike Max Caster but every week there's an instant overreaction to his entrance and I'm just gonna tune it out.

There were about two weeks where it wasn't working for me, it's grown on me, meanwhile people have called him Donald Trump for calling someone a cuck. This week people are more irritated about him saying Mox and Kingston celebrate valentines day together than they are him making a joke about Mox's wife going down on him. One is barely a diss, the other is gosh darn disrespectful!

Hate whoever, but the hate is weirdly overblown.

Edit: if he rapped about mox going down on him that wouldn't be a diss so much as a stunning revelation. In any case, I've fixed my post.

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 16:02 on May 20, 2021

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I know I am alone on this, But Ogogo is still just not working for me at all. Not as a person; he seems like a good dude, but in the ring.

This weird America/Britain feud is dumb, and I am still not sold on his Tummy Punches. Like, I know in real life that a punch like that would hurt and wreck my poo poo, but on a show where people are thrown off cages, have their legs crushed with steal chairs, and then put through tables, a punch to to tum tum doesn't impress me. People kick out of power bombs, piledrivers, and slams onto a stack of steal chairs, but one Belly Boop makes people's inside explode, it seems.

I know that's just me and my weird hang up and suspension of disbelief and all, but still, every segment he is in leaves me so cold. It doesn't help that he hasn't actually...you know, wrestled yet, but we are still going to get an overly long Cody match out of it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So, is this it for IC or are they gonna drag it out?

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

smarxist posted:

I just realized that Cody has the Rhodes uppercut in his arsenal

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

enigmahfc posted:

I know I am alone on this, But Ogogo is still just not working for me at all. Not as a person; he seems like a good dude, but in the ring.

This weird America/Britain feud is dumb, and I am still not sold on his Tummy Punches. Like, I know in real life that a punch like that would hurt and wreck my poo poo, but on a show where people are thrown off cages, have their legs crushed with steal chairs, and then put through tables, a punch to to tum tum doesn't impress me. People kick out of power bombs, piledrivers, and slams onto a stack of steal chairs, but one Belly Boop makes people's inside explode, it seems.

Forget about that, when will anyone remember that closed fists are illegal! Refs, you need to ban this cheater!!!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

enigmahfc posted:

I know that's just me and my weird hang up and suspension of disbelief and all, but still, every segment he is in leaves me so cold. It doesn't help that he hasn't actually...you know, wrestled yet, but we are still going to get an overly long Cody match out of it.

That just means that his punches have to be the hardest goddamn punches in the world.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So, is this it for IC or are they gonna drag it out?

There's no way they end the feud here, IC vs Pinnacle is money and they know it.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

enigmahfc posted:

I pretty much hate the USA vs Britain stuff, but I'm 100% sold on the gut punch after last night. The blood did a LOT to sell it for me, especially seeing the blood on Ogogo and realizing (along with commentary) that it was Gunn's blood.

To me it's like a Fist of the North Star thing, this punch does so much internal damage to important organs that it WILL shut you down. If he tells Cody that he's already dead I'm gonna cheer Ogogo forever.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Ogogo’s punches are devastating because they’re being delivered by Olympic boxing medal winner and British national hero Anthony Ogogo.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

A Fancy Hat posted:

I pretty much hate the USA vs Britain stuff, but I'm 100% sold on the gut punch after last night. The blood did a LOT to sell it for me, especially seeing the blood on Ogogo and realizing (along with commentary) that it was Gunn's blood.

that was deftly done and incredibly loving cool for getting this angle over, also ropey was the perfect innocent beloved dope to feed to Ogogo

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Ogogo's punches have the weight of the entire British people behind them. Which, given how dense many of them seem to be, must be great indeed.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

That just means that his punches have to be the hardest goddamn punches in the world.

Exactly. The entire idea of a finisher is that it's a move you can do better and deliver more devastatingly than anyone else. If Brandon Cutler does a OWA it's probably not gonna end the match.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Reminds me of Tall Paul finishing matches with a punch too...

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

"cody...the injuries you've sustained from these punches...they're...too english...we can't treat you in the united states"

he's then shipped off to the uk where he awaits judgment from an nhs death panel, great way to write him off for a few months

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cerebral Bore posted:

Ogogo's punches have the weight of the entire British people behind them. Which, given how dense many of them seem to be, must be great indeed.

Feeling very attacked by this post

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the few precious seconds Ogogo vs Gunn moved around the ring i was pleasantly surprised to see Ogogo drop into a boxing stance a couple times and try to throw punches, i think they're going to lean on the Balrog from street fighter thing a bit which would be cool

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

:lmao:

Gaz-L posted:

Ogogo wa mou... shinderu

also lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ogogo wa mou... shinderu