Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

pangstrom posted:

This is total outsider speculation but I always got a vibe from Virgil that he is the sort of person who likes to run their own show, and he wasn't as comfortable being in an ensemble situation. Sometimes the conversation would start in (or travel to) a place he wasn't interested in, it seemed to me. Not that Briahna isn't an equal partner but he presumably has a lot more say in where Bad Faith goes than where Chapo did.

Thats wild because I've listened to a bit of Bad Faith here and there, and drat its not good, but there are stretches where you could easily forget Virgil was there and its a 2 person show. It might as well be the BJG show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

no more Call of Cthulhu episodes is the even bigger loss

these are the best things chapo has ever produced.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

pangstrom posted:

This is total outsider speculation but I always got a vibe from Virgil that he is the sort of person who likes to run their own show, and he wasn't as comfortable being in an ensemble situation. Sometimes the conversation would start in (or travel to) a place he wasn't interested in, it seemed to me. Not that Briahna isn't an equal partner but he presumably has a lot more say in where Bad Faith goes than where Chapo did.

what a D.Va

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I don’t understand why people are annoyed by Virgil leaving a podcast lmao. He just stopped wanting to do it since he’s clearly more interested in doing Bad Faith podcast. Dudes a wonk and this is his poo poo it totally makes sense. Jesus Christ lol

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Le Saboteur posted:

Thats wild because I've listened to a bit of Bad Faith here and there, and drat its not good, but there are stretches where you could easily forget Virgil was there and its a 2 person show. It might as well be the BJG show.
So it’s exactly like his Chapo appearances from like last summer until whenever it was he was last on an episode?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I wonder if they’ll ever bring on a new regular to replace him, especially with Amber being in LA and focused on her real job.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Bad Faith has cool guests sometimes, and there was a really good episode I liked that had Dave Anthony on it. I would say as a whole it's just kinda there for the most part. Also like, still talking about Force The Vote is pretty weird

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I don’t understand why people are annoyed by Virgil leaving a podcast lmao. He just stopped wanting to do it since he’s clearly more interested in doing Bad Faith podcast. Dudes a wonk and this is his poo poo it totally makes sense. Jesus Christ lol

yeah. plus it’s not like he’s banned from future appearances. he’s just off doing his own thing.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Henchman of Santa posted:

I wonder if they’ll ever bring on a new regular to replace him, especially with Amber being in LA and focused on her real job.

With Virgil having essentially just created a “where’s poochy?” situation and Amber’s increasingly likely extended absence becoming semi-permanent I feel like they’ve learned their lesson about trying add heads to the Dry Bois Hydra

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Lookin’ at you Chris

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Virgil will be on MSNBC by the end of the decade.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I mean, they've been around like 4 years. They've been around for longer than the OG dry boys were solo!

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

*Adam leaves to start his own DJing podcast* "Nick's learned his lesson, a third chair just doesn't work"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Nothus posted:

Virgil will be on MSNBC by the end of the decade.

Not sure the MSNBC green room's drink supply is up to his standards.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Le Saboteur posted:

Well, I guess I am off base. I assumed it was all about electoral politics and lanyard strategy stuff and he would be super interested.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

pangstrom posted:

Well, I guess I am off base. I assumed it was all about electoral politics and lanyard strategy stuff and he would be super interested.

sometimes the thing that you wanted is one of the worst things for you to receive

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

You could try reading the posts that explain why.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

You could try reading the posts that explain why.

Oh I read them and the guy annoyed he’s leaving a paycheck is lame. Who gives a gently caress, why does that matter to anyone lol.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Lol cum town has done more to change the world than any podcast Virgil has and will be a part of. I’m referencing Bam here but there’s probably other examples

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
When Obama was president we just had the dry boys, when Trump was elected they adapted to add Virgil and Amber, now Obama is president again so we can go back to the old formula

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Danger posted:

Lol cum town has done more to change the world than any podcast Virgil has and will be a part of. I’m referencing Bam here but there’s probably other examples

Cumtown is far less predatory than breadtube as well.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Oh I read them and the guy annoyed he’s leaving a paycheck is lame. Who gives a gently caress, why does that matter to anyone lol.

Because leaving a <3 hour a week job you get paid 5 figures a month for because you're bored is lame. If you can find me one I'll gladly take it ponchis no matter how boring it is.

Also he tended to have the best lines so that's a bummer too.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Virgil claims to be a gamer but he doesn't have a WoW raid boss named after him, which the Cum Town boys do

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Virgil was sick of Will hogging all the donziger

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

When the overwhelming majority of your fan base are literally millenials whose lives have been destroyed by capitalism and your entire platform is about fighting capitalism so the poor working class people can have some hope you kind of have to expect this reaction. The central premise of the show from 2016 to 2020 was building and rebuilding on themes of class literally the entire time, money/capital are central themes of the program, or they were, so of course that’s going to be a sticking point. Virgil is walking away from a year’s salary every month to go do a wonk podcast for normies? What is that, some CIA poo poo?

And spare me your bullshit about artistic integrity, any artist whose ever had to use food stamps will tell you that poo poo is Hollywood fantasy.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I guess we should've bet against a D.Va main.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Groovelord Neato posted:

I guess we should've bet against a D.Va main.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
a lot of people itt need irl friends

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Seams posted:

a lot of people itt need irl friends

This is like one of the only places online besides Twitter you can post about Chapo, chill out and don’t be a cop dude

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

When the overwhelming majority of your fan base are literally millenials whose lives have been destroyed by capitalism and your entire platform is about fighting capitalism so the poor working class people can have some hope you kind of have to expect this reaction.

Most of those people are too busy caring about things that actually effect them.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
honestly the only reason I can think of leaving Chapo short of some kind of drama is that he wanted to go in different direction

there was a recent Chapo spell which I thought was pretty dire (movie eps).

just lol at yelling at virgil not appreciating his good fortune because there are starving artists (?!?!)

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Dear anybody else who still has a couple brain cells left despite being a reader of this thread, just ignore it for a couple days while the people who keep spreadsheets and annotated timecodes about every episode get this poo poo out of their system

also it's not unique to this thread it happens in basically every parasocial podcast thread on here and is 10x worse on every other social media platform

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Bust Rodd posted:

When the overwhelming majority of your fan base are literally millenials whose lives have been destroyed by capitalism and your entire platform is about fighting capitalism so the poor working class people can have some hope you kind of have to expect this reaction. The central premise of the show from 2016 to 2020 was building and rebuilding on themes of class literally the entire time, money/capital are central themes of the program, or they were, so of course that’s going to be a sticking point. Virgil is walking away from a year’s salary every month to go do a wonk podcast for normies? What is that, some CIA poo poo?

And spare me your bullshit about artistic integrity, any artist whose ever had to use food stamps will tell you that poo poo is Hollywood fantasy.

bust rodd

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

GNU Order posted:

Dear anybody else who still has a couple brain cells left despite being a reader of this thread, just ignore it for a couple days while the people who keep spreadsheets and annotated timecodes about every episode get this poo poo out of their system

also it's not unique to this thread it happens in basically every parasocial podcast thread on here and is 10x worse on every other social media platform

Thanks for keeping us all posted, oh great observer of parasocial fandoms

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'll miss Capone Speakeasy.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

GNU Order posted:

Does "parasocial" mean the same thing as "bad"?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I honestly think it’s weirder to not have personal opinions about a show you consume 2-4 hours of a week than to have opinions on it.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

prefect posted:

In this case it does

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

I honestly think it’s weirder to not have personal opinions about a show you consume 2-4 hours of a week than to have opinions on it.

My opinion is that it's a bummer that one of the funniest members left, not that I'm enraged because he betrayed the cause by not getting that paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Bust Rodd posted:

Thanks for keeping us all posted, oh great observer of parasocial fandoms

You're welcome, Bust Rodd

prefect posted:

We don't have a great language to describe the more familiar relationship between modern media creators and their fans, and I wouldn't always call it bad but I would say it's usually unhealthy.

But right now people ITT seem really focused on an "easy paycheck" (?), and I would describe getting mad over financials of a creative work you like to be weird, considering how little we know other than the patreon $.