Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cage vs Sydal 3 2.78%
Ogogo vs Gunn 2 1.85%
Deeb vs Velvet 74 68.52%
Bucks vs Blonds 21 19.44%
Wild Things vs Acclaimed 8 7.41%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Reminder that Deeb had multiple MotNs last second thrown together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
here's the problem with eddie and mox being "wild thing": tone loc "wild thing" exists and is better

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

smarxist posted:

here's the problem with eddie and mox being "wild thing": tone loc "wild thing" exists and is better

He's even more problematic then Castor. The forum would explode if they paid the man who wrote Funky Cold Medina!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So I got clickbaited into the Scorpio Sky podcast (thumbnail promised Kenny Omega and the big mommy vampire from RE8) I click it and he's explaining why he tapped out to sting. How did SCORPIO SKY out of anyone in the roster land a podcast??

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

MorningMoon posted:

So I got clickbaited into the Scorpio Sky podcast (thumbnail promised Kenny Omega and the big mommy vampire from RE8) I click it and he's explaining why he tapped out to sting. How did SCORPIO SKY out of anyone in the roster land a podcast??

Being injured and wanting something to do, pretty much.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

he’s the only one on the roster who knows how to operate a sound card

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Suleman posted:

Being injured and wanting something to do, pretty much.

fair, but still.

Co-host is... not great or anything, so far. But he sounds like he's playing ball and trying to draw blood from a stone. There was a third guy all along?! Is-is this the guy that lost to the yugioh game? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp4fxe75810
Co-host talks about the Bucks' sneakers. Sky goes "I'm gonna tag myself in on this one. I'm not trying to go over, but I started sneaker culture in AEW"

god, the gimmick whenever someone starts talking is "gonna tag in"

They're proud about how they're unbiased and do not put Sky over lol (they're kinda legit on that so far, which lol, he can't get over in his own fuckign podcast)
I like being a canary.
Co-host "I'M GONNA HOT TAG ON THIS ONE" and his frame is on fire.

Overall all the hosts are heels, pretty much. Just full on taking the heels' sides on everything.

huh, strict on the time for segments. They're barely covering half of Dynamite. They got an allotted time for it and if they don't get to talk all the bits of the show then that's that. Sky putting Ogogo and Cody over. The co-hosts love Austin gushing blood. "Where do you put hte bandaids for that??" lol
yeah okay i wouldn't LISTEN to these roosterteeth dudes again, but they're fun, they're fine.

They talk about Darkside of the Ring. Sky's seen most of it, co-host saw a couple. Co-host just has a lot more charisma.

Sky explains the TBS move. "James, what do you think about it?"
I'm probably being way too harsh on Sky, but, this is *his* workplace. Shouldn't he be putting opinions on such a big shakeup first? James explains why he's excited. Sky says this should answer the criticism that they got too much talent. Sky is just excited to be back on the road. Keep referencing Clash of the Champions for the 4 tv specials. "I wanna take Rampage and make it my show" "it should be AEW Ethan and Sky Do Fridays"

Talking about the NBA. James doesn't follow it, so Sky is giving the rundown.
Sky: *4 minutes of stats and context*
James: so, if a player makes 3 shots in a row, do they still get lit on fire?

...their guest segment is called... *Sigh* ... The Run In
Kenny is very smooth. First question was if he ever thought he'd be a big star in america during his run in japan. Kenny goes on to say how he was thinking he would retire in japan and live there before AEW was starting to become a thing.
Explains how he managed to squeeze time for Resident Evil Village in his tight AF schedule. Playing it slow, he wants to enjoy it rather than finding a "day off" to beat it. Got 4 hours and killed the big lady.
Sky hadn't played videogames until a year ago. Now he plays NBA 2K thanks to the pandemic. Laughing and confused as the others joke about the Big Lady and James explains how the knife just bounces off her "back"
Kenny's bit is done, was like five minutes. Audio version has a longer interview, with stuff about the videogames and Kenny tells us what's the most underrated Capcom IP.

"15 seconds with james" uh. james just talks about something he did for fifteen seconds. he watched Invincible.

they go into the goodbyes, James says we can @ him whenever his friend is being attacked by Sting. Sky laments that they didn't get to talk about the new batman trailer.

Mystery Third Guy: how many years of prison should Darby get for assaulting our co-host Scorpio Sky?!
Sky: none, it's not a strong enough punishment [yadda yadda]
James: i'm gonna say 16 years, one for each year he's been alive!

and that's wrestling with the week. I might hunt down the actual Kenny interview, this James guy is fine, i'm not like "oooh i gotta listen to all his stuff!" or anything but he's a good host and he got nice chemistry with Kenny. Sky is just really flat. The whole thing was 45 minutes or so, i'd say there was like five minutes of legitimately good content. Like almost worth doing a supercut of ten episodes to get a nice chunk of content. But yeah, besides interviews, I don't see myself ever caring to check this show again.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 17:49 on May 20, 2021

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

CARLOS IS BACK!

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Gaz-L posted:

Ogogo wa mou... shinderu
Ogogo is already dead? That's awful! :ohdear:

edit: has anyone called him Monster O-Go-Go yet

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 17:21 on May 20, 2021

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
what a brilliant move it is to steal the rich man's fancy sneakers

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

cams posted:

max should just do lazy song parodies, goons love that poo poo

Someone post the TNA parodies please.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Vandar posted:

Someone post the TNA parodies please.

Requesting the all Star one.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rarity posted:

There's 6 of them

According to Mark Watson, Greed and Gluttony are the same thing, really.

"The O.E.D. describes Greed is an excessive desire to possess more than one needs or deserves. And Gluttony as similar, but more with pies and stuff."

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

mooseinfants posted:

Everytime I watch one of her matches I wonder if Serena is one of the best in the world

I think she's the best non-flippy wrestler AEW has. Just insanely good at putting together a compelling match without needing any build to get you sucked in

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

All Deeb has needed for a while now is a character. And a no nonsense woman who will viciously take you apart piece by piece, limb by limb, like she's trying to really rub a match of No Mercy or something is fantastic for her.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Heel Deeb could be very exciting and i really think she'd pair well with Allie

They'd have that poison ivy / Harley Quinn thing

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

You're telling me there's been 3 hosts on this podcast all along?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Next Wednesday is going to be weird without Dynamite

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

explosivo posted:

You're telling me there's been 3 hosts on this podcast all along?

Looks like only for the Dynamite recap.

enigmahfc posted:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MorningMoon posted:

He's definitely the guy on the roster with the most 'hey guys, I started a podcast you should check it out' energy

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

MorningMoon posted:

Looks like only for the Dynamite recap.

Ah okay. Still though you think they'd mention this guy once. I guess when you get one commercial per year for your podcast you really gotta make it count.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Has Scorp got a PS5 yet?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Is it weird that I kinda want Young Bucks vs. Mox / Kingston to main event Double or Nothing? That's the money match IMO.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

explosivo posted:

Ah okay. Still though you think they'd mention this guy once. I guess when you get one commercial per year for your podcast you really gotta make it count.

Yeah at least like a frame of that guy in a commercial so we'd expect him. Though that surprise was probably the most exciting thing in the whole show.

Rarity posted:

Has Scorp got a PS5 yet?

Hard to say. Apparently he only plays NBA 2K, so who knows if he was motivated ot keep trying.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

enigmahfc posted:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Anyone else feel like Taz is going to get kicked out of Team Taz?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pylons posted:

Anyone else feel like Taz is going to get kicked out of Team Taz?

Hook will throw him into a pit

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Hook will throw him into a pit

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Does ethan get to be on Scorpio's pod?

It's not confidence, it's all content?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

enigmahfc posted:

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

explosivo posted:

He's the producer, so he is there all the time technically

He was mega64's podcast producer forever too

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

didn't know how much I needed PnP to be aligned with Mox and Kingston til now. MUCH better fit for them so I'm hoping to god Inner Circle dies this month

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

DLC Inc posted:

didn't know how much I needed PnP to be aligned with Mox and Kingston til now. MUCH better fit for them so I'm hoping to god Inner Circle dies this month

Big agree, even if PNP ultimately goes another direction.

At this point Jericho/Hager feel like an albatross around Sammy and PnP’s necks.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DLC Inc posted:

Eddie already worked with them in Impact as well

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
With all of the virtue signaling going on ITT over Platinum Max's "homophobic" rap lyric I'm surprised Hager has yet to be called out for throwing a gendered insult at the Pinnacle.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Imagine using the phrase "virtue signalling" in 2021.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Nick Jr. Face posted:

With all of the virtue signaling going on ITT over Platinum Max's "homophobic" rap lyric I'm surprised Hager has yet to be called out for throwing a gendered insult at the Pinnacle.

The difference might be that we actually want to like Max and we already know we don't like Hager.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

He has history with them. I still want PnP to split off with Sammy, and I don't automatically view Sammy as a natural fit with Mox/Kingston, but they've shown some real weird energy lately and Sammy is a total weirdo so I can see it working

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Vince MechMahon posted:

Requesting the all Star one.

https://youtu.be/ErIZ56ojcgE

https://youtu.be/7BMnv4mv7Ag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Lamuella posted:

Imagine using the phrase "virtue signalling" in 2021.
u dont have to imagine it i just did