Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Life is getting real god damned weird for sure.

No matter what happens, never let anyone take away your empathy for fellow humans, never knowingly permit the death of your soul, either literally or metaphorically depending on your beliefs, and be ready to fight and die to shield the weak against the cruel!!

If it's disinfo on this scale, it means bad poo poo is on the horizon. If it's disclosure, life's about to change forever for everyone, and is possibly an even worse outcome lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Bideo James posted:

in the summer of 1999 i saw a ball of lightning come into my home.

i was laying on my bed which was also formerly a porch, now enclosed. My bed faced long ways, to my left and right were doors into the house and onto the new porch, beyond that a chair facing a television on a wooden center and beyond that half a pingpong table and a desk chair used for our house computer, i could see out the far window

as i laid off trying to drift off on an extremely hot summer night, i was startled up standing on my bed suddenly as every hair on my body stood up and my heart began to race and in front of me, from the back side of the wooden entertainment center a bright blue and white light emitted from the back of the television and like a ghost a pulsing glowing blue orb began to form in front of it, it slowly traveled from one side of the room, vanishing into the wall. i rushed towards my door to open it into the kitchen and dining room but there was nothing there. i realized then the power was out in the entire house and the microwave beeping to life when suddenly powered again made me flee back to my bed.

i still lay awake at night wondering what that was, but i believe it was either a real ball lightning or swamp gas. i did live in a swamp.

Holy poo poo

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The Saucer Hovers posted:

god loving drat it if i have to sit through bluebeam

Project Bluebeam is such a stupid and impractical plan that it is has to have been a real consideration.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Mythical Moderate posted:

My experience was pretty much the same as the guy in video below except I was on the other side of valley in one of Phoenix's suburbs. Given how light polluted Phoenix is, they were easily visible from 20ish miles from downtown Phoenix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvKLeaPWPyw

thats a good video, thats the stuff i remember from day of or so.

ive seen some other videos since that looked different than i remembered, and some stories talking about how there were actually two events that night but it always felt very revisionist.

Riot Bimbo posted:

Life is getting real god damned weird for sure.

No matter what happens, never let anyone take away your empathy for fellow humans, never knowingly permit the death of your soul, either literally or metaphorically depending on your beliefs, and be ready to fight and die to shield the weak against the cruel!!

If it's disinfo on this scale, it means bad poo poo is on the horizon. If it's disclosure, life's about to change forever for everyone, and is possibly an even worse outcome lol
:hai:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

My experience was pretty much the same as the guy in video below except I was on the other side of valley in one of Phoenix's suburbs. Given how light polluted Phoenix is, they were easily visible from 20ish miles from downtown Phoenix.

so in his video, the lights appeared to be below the mountain line. from your perspective, you'd be able to tell they weren't actually on the mountain i guess?

i gotta admit, that video does kind of look like someone is flying right-to-left dropping flares or skydivers (a new thing i see regularly now) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvKLeaPWPyw&t=47s

neat though, it takes me back and i feel like it needs narration by the unsolved mysteries guy

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ball lightning is real and there are some crazy stories about it that go way back

Czar Nicholas II posted:

During the service there was a powerful thunderstorm, streaks of lightning flashed one after the other, and it seemed as if the peals of thunder would shake even the church and the whole world to its foundations. Suddenly it became quite dark, a blast of wind from the open door blew out the flame of the candles which were lit in front of the iconostasis, there was a long clap of thunder, louder than before, and I suddenly saw a fiery ball flying from the window straight towards the head of the Emperor. The ball (it was of lightning) whirled around the floor, then passed the chandelier and flew out through the door into the park. My heart froze, I glanced at my grandfather - his face was completely calm. He crossed himself just as calmly as he had when the fiery ball had flown near us, and I felt that it was unseemly and not courageous to be frightened as I was . . . After the ball had passed through the whole church, and suddenly gone out through the door, I again looked at my grandfather. A faint smile was on his face, and he nodded his head at me. My panic disappeared, and from that time I had no more fear of storms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_lightning#Great_Thunderstorm_of_Widecombe-in-the-Moor posted:

One early account reports the Great Thunderstorm at a church in Widecombe-in-the-Moor, Devon, in England, on 21 October 1638. Four people died and approximately 60 were injured when, during a severe storm, an 8-foot (2.4 m) ball of fire was described as striking and entering the church, nearly destroying it. Large stones from the church walls were hurled onto the ground and through large wooden beams. The ball of fire allegedly smashed the pews and many windows, and filled the church with a foul sulphurous odour and dark, thick smoke.

The ball of fire reportedly divided into two segments, one exiting through a window by smashing it open, the other disappearing somewhere inside the church. Because of the fire and sulphur smell, contemporaries explained the ball of fire as "the devil" or as the "flames of hell". Later, some blamed the entire incident on two people who had been playing cards in the pew during the sermon, thereby incurring God's wrath.[1]

A older relative of mine said he saw ball lightning several times at Greatful Dead shows lol

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

If aliens don't respect cats they can gently caress right off back to space though

Also your uncle was just very high

Like incredibly high

Flooger
Dec 26, 2004

Delta-Wye posted:

its hilarious - alien rollout is making me doubt the reality of cv19 lmao

whats even real :psyduck:

covid 19 is an alien disease

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Also your uncle was just very high

Like incredibly high

Yeah no kidding. I've done a lot of acid and never seen poo poo like that though. It doesn't make you see anything that isn't there, it just "embellishes" it.

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

sad that I just discovered ufo thread, happy to be here now

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Eleven Eleven posted:

sad that I just discovered ufo thread, happy to be here now

Share some compelling poo poo. I feel like there's so much I havent seen even this far in

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

they were a set of flares dropped by an air force jet. they disappeared as they dropped behind the estrella mountains. move along citizen

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Share some compelling poo poo. I feel like there's so much I havent seen even this far in

All I know is that the only way that 2021 can top 2020 in terms of batshit insanity is aliens, so it is going to be aliens.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I've gone from heavy skeptic like drat near certain we are alone to drat near believer in record time thanks to this thread

I don't even care if I am wrong I just won't broadcast it to strangers no one will ever know

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

My bet is that the report is going to be "Yeah we have proof that these are physical objects and no we have no idea how that's possible" which is revolutionary by itself and yet stops short of ALIENS.

This will simultaneously:
- be interpreted as proof of aliens
- be interpreted as proof the government is using aliens as disinfo
- be interpreted as proof that [parts of the government the commenter doesn't like] are loving crazy idiots that believe in aliens, those dumbasses, I can't believe we're spending our tax dollars on this instead of helping people/bombing people I don't like
- be interpreted as proof that anyone that is actually interested is an idiot that can't recognize a bird, as everyone knows birds fly at supersonic speeds and look like tic-tacs the size of an F-18

nothing will actually be done to try and figure out what these things are

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

the most respected elder statesman of the field, a man who spielberg himself portrayed as the french indiana jones of ufos, the sexy grey fox science early vc richman himself...

is a devoted rosicrutian magician whos theory on what the saucers actually are is functionally inseparable from angels and demons

and hes probably right

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I actually had a conventional UFO sighting. I know for a fact I sent video to my dad, he may have it

Over the skies in north-central Texas, around 2016 (Sherman for anyone that cares), a few objects were in the sky, moving around at dizzying speeds, seemingly quite far above the ground, seemingly capable of changing direction on a dime, more or less at-will.

My sister was witness to it as well, and anyone in the apartment complex that happened to be outside.

Was really weird.

Most conventional explanation I can propose, is that they were incredibly well-lit drones or something, and the apparent distances and speeds were an optical illusion or something. It did happen right as the sun set.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
since work is saying we’re back in the office in july im taking the time to binge watch the x-files

the first season has some 90s cringe but it actually holds up well

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Delta-Wye posted:

posting is the only thing that is real

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Delta-Wye posted:

i have somehow never heard of this, or don't remember at least. what did it look like in person? the handful of youtube videos ive found are pretty odd, but its all vhs grainy poo poo

they look like little spheres or circles of light flickering in and out at a certain spot on the horizon, quite low to the ground, of varying colors of green or yellow or reddish orange. a light will appear and move around a bit in seemingly random directions and then wink away. sometimes there's just one, sometimes several, all seemingly unpredictably.

there's a viewing platform built now so it's easy to know where to go to see them. if you ever find yourself in Marfa, and you should try to sometime, there's an observatory about an hour north that does a cool "star party" where you look at constellations and stuff and they have telescopes set up to look at Saturn, Andromeda galaxy, and a bunch of other celestial stuff. do that and on the way home stop at the lights platform and have a grand old space-themed evening.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

BeefThief posted:

Somehow aliens being real will make things worse for people who aren't disgustingly wealthy

take a look at the documentary They Live

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

take a look at the documentary They Live

"I'm giving you a choice: either put on these glasses or start eatin' that trash can" is a great line. I need to give that one another watch

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

the most respected elder statesman of the field, a man who spielberg himself portrayed as the french indiana jones of ufos, the sexy grey fox science early vc richman himself...

is a devoted rosicrutian magician whos theory on what the saucers actually are is functionally inseparable from angels and demons

and hes probably right

And lol Spielberg said that Vallee's interpretation wouldn't make a good movie and so we got friendly space brothers instead.

I still wish Spielberg had gone thru with his Night Skies treatment ...

Mythical Moderate
Jul 5, 2002

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded. They are all those of 'Justice'.

Delta-Wye posted:

so in his video, the lights appeared to be below the mountain line. from your perspective, you'd be able to tell they weren't actually on the mountain i guess?

I don't recall them being near the mountain.

quote:

neat though, it takes me back and i feel like it needs narration by the unsolved mysteries guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj1X3IndR6U&t=649s

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

and hes probably right

one of my favorite "land of contrasts" UFO people is chris white, who put together an incredibly lengthy and well-researched documentary refuting the claims of ancient astronaut theorists through a deeply skeptical and sectarian lens, but who also just happens to believe that angels and demons are real and are contacting people on the earth plane

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

WEH posted:

I've been hearing that disclosure is around the corner for so long that even this unprecedented poo poo doesnt move me much. On the other hand, if the relatively mundane (for the subject matter) and old footage coming out is enough to get the gears turning publicly I would bet that whatever hypothetical agency exists to compartmentalize this poo poo got properly freaked out by something changing in the last few years.

Or it's just running cover for something else lmao

the ufo disclosures were part of epstein's dead man's switch

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

:blessed:

Shear Modulus posted:

all of the threads combine into one and fade away as the dmt runs out and my brain shuts off

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

this neatly explains why he spelled his own name wrong on the chalkboard of that one photo, gently caress!! always thought that dude had a weirdly shaped head

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

WEH posted:

this neatly explains why he spelled his own name wrong on the chalkboard of that one photo, gently caress!! always thought that dude had a weirdly shaped head

aaaayoooo :awesome:

edit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7yKKnS3X00

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Turns out when you make it okay to talk about UFOs lots and lots of people have personal stories.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

lol i'm only seeing now that's tailor-made to appeal to the people that think compression errors are evidence of lizard people. also good joke but holy poo poo!!

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I am once again plugging NUFORC and to look through the archives for each state. People have never stopped seeing things, gently caress da skeptoid wannabes

e: the site helpfully notes which sightings are probably starlink or whatever; its not always true but the highlighted entries are usually more in depth. I don't understand the criteria to being highlighted but I assume its some old dude who doesn't understand computers filing poo poo

WEH has issued a correction as of 04:33 on May 21, 2021

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

noooope

Riot Bimbo has issued a correction as of 14:51 on Mar 4, 2022

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
i was in phoenix when 1997, unfortunately i was 2. were the aliens giving me the largest, smartest brain in the world? time will tell

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Vermain posted:

one of my favorite "land of contrasts" UFO people is chris white, who put together an incredibly lengthy and well-researched documentary refuting the claims of ancient astronaut theorists through a deeply skeptical and sectarian lens, but who also just happens to believe that angels and demons are real and are contacting people on the earth plane

I didn't know that about that dude but he can believe whatever he loving wants cos I've easily gotten 8+ hours of entertainment over the years laughing at his ancient astronaut vid

If you happen to make a deeply skeptical and sectarian refutation of whatever he believes about angels and demons I promise to watch at least that amount of it

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Here's a ufo sighting my friend sent me last year. It's probably a drone but I'm surprised it was that bright during the day

https://youtu.be/TBMM9yyq7GE

I actually submitted it to that nuforc site and it doesn't list it as starlink or whatever that I assumed it was

mastershakeman has issued a correction as of 04:47 on May 21, 2021

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Ok, this thread has been officially taken over by Galaxy brain true believers.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Someothing happened to me last Thursday when I was driving home. I had a couple of miles to go -- I looked up and saw a glowing orange object in the sky, to the east! It was moving very irregularly... Suddenly, there was intense light all around me -- and when I came to, I was home. What do you think happened to me...?

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

LRADIKAL posted:

:byewhore:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

LRADIKAL posted:

You might be happier with the gbs ufo thread.