Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Hmmm, gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I want to print a run of thin blue line flags with the stripes a brown-based black and the canton an indigo black

Because it's the only way I can think of to make that poo poo any uglier in my eyes

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp
The only thing you should do to a thin blue line flag is deface it into being a slightly out of order rainbow flag.

Or burn it.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

90s Cringe Rock posted:

That's red, white & black.

This was kinda slept on, but it's a grade a post

VV: Germany's flag in the late 1930s to mid 1940s

Serperoth has a new favorite as of 22:44 on May 20, 2021

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I didn't sleep on it, I just don't get the joke.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Splicer posted:

Oh, I thought we were doing a word order joke, not a lolsurrender joke. Yeah the confederate flag would have been way better then.

Yeah, dammit. That would have been a much better joke.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Acute Grill posted:

The only thing you should do to a thin blue line flag is deface it into being a slightly out of order rainbow flag.

Or burn it.

Get retroreflective safety tape, tape over the blue line, declare that it’s a flag honoring garbage collectors, whose job is many times more dangerous than policing.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

PittTheElder posted:

Nah, blue white black is where it's at

Those some pretty flags

Why are you all posting white and gold flags?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

So the US flag is right at the cusp of clay, silty clay, silty loam and silly clay loam.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

MrUnderbridge posted:

So the US flag is right at the cusp of clay, silty clay, silty loam and silly clay loam.

It's called the Midwest

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Platystemon posted:

Get retroreflective safety tape, tape over the blue line, declare that it’s a flag honoring garbage collectors, whose job is many times more dangerous than policing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/notlikethesoup/status/1339706771775086595

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

KozmoNaut posted:

It's missing the obvious joke of putting the French flag right at the top.

The Bourbons have been out for a while tho

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

come on, nobody likes potatoes

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Mescal posted:

come on, nobody likes potatoes

Counterpoint: Potatoes are a huge part of breakfast, which is the only reason to visit Taco Bell while sober.

Also they're back already.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Brawnfire posted:

I want to print a run of thin blue line flags with the stripes a brown-based black and the canton an indigo black

Because it's the only way I can think of to make that poo poo any uglier in my eyes

Here's a good way to make it uglier:

No, it doesn't make any sense. Yes, our cops still wear it.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

It seems odd to me that seemingly patriotic, flag-waving types would desecrate their own flag like that.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Plastik posted:

Counterpoint: Potatoes are a huge part of breakfast, which is the only reason to visit Taco Bell while sober.

Also they're back already.

If you want potatoes go to Taco Cabana or move to an area with a Taco Cabana. As a bonus, you can get a 2 buck frozen marg to go in select states!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Count Roland posted:

It seems odd to me that seemingly patriotic, flag-waving types would desecrate their own flag like that.

its only desecration when the lefties do it

[img-fat_maga_in_starspangled_banner_tracksuit.jpg]

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Carthag Tuek posted:

its only desecration when the lefties do it

[img-fat_maga_in_starspangled_banner_tracksuit.jpg]

Make flag code violations felonies imho.

I mean, I know it would only be enforced against flag burning protestors and black people who might possibly have been close to a flag, but the idea of the star spangled idiot getting thrown in jail for not respecting the flag is very funny to me.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Actually the greatest honor a flag may be given is being displayed on my pale obese patriotic body :911:

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

Actually the greatest honor a flag may be given is being displayed on my pale obese patriotic body :911:

4 U.S. Code § 8.Respect for flag posted:

(d)The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker’s desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

(g)The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.

Here's a handy link

And also burning the flag is respectful and dignified.

quote:

(k)The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

burning flags is right and proper

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

The only good sermon I ever heard at the crazy rear end Apsotolic church I went to as a child was one in which the pastor was talking about the evil and sin of worshiping symbols and saying burning flags and even the Bible could be cool and good.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Nenonen posted:

They only lost one war, though.

Given reconstruction, I'd say it was a tie.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

MrUnderbridge posted:

I was thinking 'Milan lemon'

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Unperson_47 posted:

The only good sermon I ever heard at the crazy rear end Apsotolic church I went to as a child was one in which the pastor was talking about the evil and sin of worshiping symbols and saying burning flags and even the Bible could be cool and good.

now thats a sermon i could get into!

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

BonHair posted:

Here's a handy link

And also burning the flag is respectful and dignified.
It's also a handy apolitical way to stay warm while camping.

https://youtu.be/rvtPKjHSCRs

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

tag yourself, I'm the Hawaiian blizzards

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Poopelyse posted:

I'm Floridian earthquakes

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Poopelyse posted:

I'm irrationally angry at whoever looked at weather and was like "the Rockies and much of the Plains? Eh, probably no blizzards there"

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I’m progressive Yellowstone National Park.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Platystemon posted:

I’m progressive Yellowstone National Park.
scp-2000 technically does... naw I can't even make this joke work

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

The famous mojave nondesert.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
Mmm, good old Alaskan tacos.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Is the progressive dot supposed to be Denver? They can't possibly be saying Salt Lake City, right?

Though my favorite is using border indicators for fill colors, just edging out using the wrong color for hurricanes.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I was a little off on Yellowstone, but it doesn’t overlap SLC, either. It’s centered NNW of the Idaho–Utah–Wyoming tripoint, roundabout the town of Cokeville.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Kantesu posted:

Mmm, good old Alaskan tacos.

Progressive Alaskan tacos.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
I'm Hawaii being neither desert nor not desert.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
The amount of Oregon covered as “progressive” is…generous.

I don’t think people realize that if you go more than 15 miles outside of the I-5 corridor, it gets awfully red (well, other than Bend anyway, but it’s just full of Californians and rich city folk).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Blue Moonlight posted:

The amount of Oregon covered as “progressive” is…generous.

I don’t think people realize that if you go more than 15 miles outside of the I-5 corridor, it gets awfully red (well, other than Bend anyway, but it’s just full of Californians and rich city folk).

That and the “not desert” is amusing.