Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

JordanKai posted:

He's 5'9" which is about average.

Lol manlet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

HELL YEAH

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

JordanKai posted:

It's weird to see such a cheesecake-y cover still feature one bit of """ugly""" anatomic reality in the form of a double chin appearing when holding your chin up to your chest.

What

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

The skin around her chin is bundled together because she has her chin up against her chest, which makes a double chin form. I think it's kind of interesting that such a particular detail made it into a cover that is very much meant to be sexy, because that sort of thing would normally be omitted. And I think it's a positive thing too, just to clarify.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
perhaps the rhetorical nature of my post didn't come though but that post was exactly what i was very implicitly trying to second guess potential authors against

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

site posted:

perhaps the rhetorical nature of my post didn't come though but that post was exactly what i was very implicitly trying to second guess potential authors against

I noticed a discordant detail in the art and posted about it. I don't see the issue here.

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor
https://twitter.com/zk0xx/status/1395509079288647680?s=20

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

JordanKai posted:

I noticed a discordant detail in the art and posted about it. I don't see the issue here.

bruh you're spending a whole post on a slightly not conventionally attractive flab of skin on a woman's chin

please, and i mean this in the sincerest of ways, gently caress off

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

site posted:

bruh you're spending a whole post on a slightly not conventionally attractive flab of skin

please, and i mean this in the sincerest of ways, gently caress off

I never said that it's a bad thing, that I think it's unattractive, or that it's some kind of fatal flaw in the art. I just thought it was worth noting that a detail like that was present in this kind of cover. I even said that I think it's a welcome detail. You are reading things into my posts that are not there and being needlessly combative about it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
it was more that you called a basic part and barely noticebale of facial anatomy to anyone other than 4chan people who complain about elbow sharpness a double chin and then decided to honry post about it that i thought was strange, and my second post was just reiterating that i thought posters would think twice about making weird reddit posts about things like the thickness of a fictional character's chin skin

site fucked around with this message at 03:28 on May 21, 2021

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

This conversation isn't heading in a productive direction, so I'm going to let it rest.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Maybe we should all just... take it on the chin and move on.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Best chins in Marvel: Thanos, Super Skrull... Bi-Beast?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Cartridgeblowers posted:

The Red Ghost, because who else could have trained a gorilla to fly a spaceship?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I don't know about chins but I know the best 'jaw.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

How Wonderful! posted:

Maybe we should all just... take it on the chin and move on.
"Chin up", if you will :haw:

radlum
May 13, 2013

Gripweed posted:

HELL YEAH

I'm both excited at having a Sisters of Battle comic and Torunn writing it; I'm glad Marvel's 40K comics didn't end with Marneus. Hopefull we can get an Imperial Guard miniseries later.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I can’t believe they gave Dan Slott another anniversary book for one of their flagship titles.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Yvonmukluk posted:

I can’t believe they gave Dan Slott another anniversary book for one of their flagship titles.

What now?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

BrianWilly posted:

I am reading it but it's not my fault the character named Black Cat has white fur :saddowns:
The Earth-based book is decent enough for sure, but I'm completely hooked on the types of stories being told with the Omega Rangers in space right now. Not only do we get to see (in a hella retconned way) what Jason Zack and Trini were doing after the show unceremoniously booted them off to Switzerland or wherever, but it's also a series about these, y'know, formerly cookie-cutter characters having to compromise their cookie-cutter ideals to deal with a greater threat, having ends that justify their shady means...except, well, they're not really doing that. They're still heroic young characters, they're still Power Rangers. And the story, even with the latest issue, will vindicate them for still behaving like Power Rangers should even in the face of very bleak choices. It's hard to explain. But I'm loving it.

I'm just mad the SPD detour didn't feature Doggie. I want my space dog man with his rad-AF sword and armoured Ranger suit.

I actually think the tone of that space based book was kind of set in one of the annuals or specials ages ago, where they had a story about Karone/Astronema standing trial for her crimes (I believe it was supposed to be just after she lost the Pink Galaxy Ranger powers) and Andros basically faked her death to get her out of her punishment, against her will because she actually wanted to be held accountable.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

radlum posted:

I'm both excited at having a Sisters of Battle comic and Torunn writing it; I'm glad Marvel's 40K comics didn't end with Marneus. Hopefull we can get an Imperial Guard miniseries later.

The three factions that got a big push in the new edition were Space Marines, Sisters, and Necrons. We've got the first two, therefore we can conclude that the next series will be about Trazyn the Infinite

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Cartridgeblowers posted:

RIP Bi-Beast. Last seen in a grave being shoveled full of dirt in the first few pages of Beyond #1. Hulk foes just get done dirty.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

BrianWilly posted:

The Earth-based book is decent enough for sure, but I'm completely hooked on the types of stories being told with the Omega Rangers in space right now. Not only do we get to see (in a hella retconned way) what Jason Zack and Trini were doing after the show unceremoniously booted them off to Switzerland or wherever, but it's also a series about these, y'know, formerly cookie-cutter characters having to compromise their cookie-cutter ideals to deal with a greater threat, having ends that justify their shady means...except, well, they're not really doing that. They're still heroic young characters, they're still Power Rangers. And the story, even with the latest issue, will vindicate them for still behaving like Power Rangers should even in the face of very bleak choices. It's hard to explain. But I'm loving it.

My only gripe with the PR series, and it's not enough of one that I've stopped reading them so who cares, was I really dug Go Go when it was half or more about the group's personal day to day lives and the secret identity side. It's still fine and good and worth reading, etc.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Lord_Hambrose posted:

RIP Bi-Beast. Last seen in a grave being shoveled full of dirt in the first few pages of Beyond #1. Hulk foes just get done dirty.

I have great news for you, he's alive and well. He was a minor antagonist during Greg Pak's run, and he showed up as part of a team of bad guys in Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Nice. The best resurrections are the ones where everyone forgot you died.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Worked for me!

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Doing research into characters to dig up, it's amazing how many have died on panel only to show up a couple years later in a crowd scene with the wiki editor's notes amounting to "I guess they're alive again??? Idk???"

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

How Wonderful! posted:

Worked for me!

Honestly, this is how I handled Steve Rogers coming back to life. Captain America Reborn was nonsense, so he was just suddenly OK in an issue of New Avengers and I never thought about it again.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Doing research into characters to dig up, it's amazing how many have died on panel only to show up a couple years later in a crowd scene with the wiki editor's notes amounting to "I guess they're alive again??? Idk???"

using the wiki is a mug's game. discerning researchers dig thru marvunapp

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

While I appreciate the scrappy, obsessive nature of that one, it's incomplete and out of date for a lot of entries- and unless I'm missing something, Black Cat doesn't even have an entry (despite Lydia and Walter Hardy having their own, hell, even Scar the fuckin' Stalker has one)

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Honestly, this is how I handled Steve Rogers coming back to life. Captain America Reborn was nonsense, so he was just suddenly OK in an issue of New Avengers and I never thought about it again.
Sonic the Hedgehog did it right:

https://twitter.com/poisonjams_/status/1392152675752419328

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

While I appreciate the scrappy, obsessive nature of that one, it's incomplete and out of date for a lot of entries- and unless I'm missing something, Black Cat doesn't even have an entry (despite Lydia and Walter Hardy having their own, hell, even Scar the fuckin' Stalker has one)

that's because it's specifically an appendix, I think their intent was to cover characters that never got an OHOTMU entry otherwise.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Ah, that would be what I'm missing.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i know marvel is tight-lipped about malibu/ultraverse stuff, but i wonder if you (or any creator) would have to jump thru hoops to use crossgen stuff in the marvel universe

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Speaking of Malibu, put The Ferret in Black Cat you coward.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

I had no idea marvel owned Malibu, let alone Crossgen. Wait, if Marvel owns Malibu, and Malibu owned Aircel... I can use the Ravening Man!

https://twitter.com/jedmackay/status/1333074437206368257?s=19

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
does this mean we can have will smith in the 616 now

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

I mean it's about time

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
It blows me mind that Malibu had the street fighter license for 3 issues and in that time they scalped Ken and spent the remainder introducing the Ferret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Nilbop posted:

It blows me mind that Malibu had the street fighter license for 3 issues and in that time they scalped Ken and spent the remainder introducing the Ferret.
The first 2 1/2 issues of Street Fighter comics are pretty baffling, but I have to admit that if you've pissed off your licensor bad enough to know that you'll have to publish a "we've lost the license because Capcom doesn't like how we're portraying their property" in the back of the third and final issue, you might as well spend most of that issue trying to get people interested in the Wolverine ripoff your company is already publishing comics about. It's not like Capcom could double-cancel the book.