Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019
https://twitter.com/Ettin64/status/1395367616298946562?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Ettin should work for The Hard Times.

Is this riffing on some project or just being funny?

Dave Brookshaw
Jun 27, 2012

No Regrets
Probably this;

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rosspayton/ludonarrative-dissidents-a-ttrpg-analysis-podcast-series

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Mostly recent Twitter discourse + remembering past discourse + I've been reading The Routledge Companion to Cyberpunk Culture for Hard Wired Island reasons :v:

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Probably late to the party, but it’s because I’ve been drinking these…

6 parts Edinburgh gin
3 parts Stoli blue
2 parts Lilet blanc
2 dash angostura bitters

Shake well with ice, strain into glass, garnish with a piece of lime peel, wonder why everyone thinks you’re a total drunk.

I call it a "Scottish vesper", or a "bad day"

DigitalRaven fucked around with this message at 12:05 on May 21, 2021

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oh my goodness thanks for that summary. And by "thanks" I can offer you:

French 75 (modified)
1 part gin
1 part lemonade
3 parts Champagne

This version eliminates the traditional simple syrup and freshly squeezed lemon juice, replacing both with lemonade. It improves the taste and uses ingredients a reasonable person might have.

The best lemonade is the over-sugared stuff made by your local diary. It's sold in gas stations next to the chocolate milk.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
For current work Zak is still working on his delayed horror game KS, posting to the comments how it will be out soon, be the greatest have ever, humble his enemies, and the other usual stuff.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
When did Justin Alexander change his name to Theodore Quigley-Smythe?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Pithhelmet Muldoon is an A+ name

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

neaden posted:

For current work Zak is still working on his delayed horror game KS, posting to the comments how it will be out soon, be the greatest have ever, humble his enemies, and the other usual stuff.
*reprints a 5e beta doc but with all the damage types replaced with synonyms for sexual assault*

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

Hedningen posted:

It would shock me, because there’s no way he’d willingly do anything anonymously unless it involves harassing people.

I can see him agreeing to it, because then he could pull a SURPRISE! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG! later. Wasn't he threatening Raggi over non-payment for something a year or so ago? Or Raggi was complaining about how much he owed Zak? I don't remember the specifics but he is clearly getting under-the-table work, probably from people who are certain that this is all an overreaction and it will blow over, and there's no way their friend could possibly do such things.

Antivehicular posted:

In my experience, this sort of Spreadsheet of Grievances is a pretty common abuser tactic, both in number and in expectation of "you apologize for every itemized slight and tell me how great I am, forever." The idea is that you present it as a solution, and then when your victim declines, you can say they're being so unreasonable, when you offered a solution!!

It's also so even if he does force an apology, he can justify "punishing" his target for not addressing sub-paragraph 28 lines iv-xvii clause 10(a).

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
at this point I'd be surprised if he's doing any work at all right now, his strategy seems to be to concentrate on his court cases in order to force all his haters to submit to his rhetorical judo in court and recant their horrible lies, then return vindicated to the community and rake in all the new collaboration requests

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Splicer posted:

*reprints a 5e beta doc but with all the damage types replaced with synonyms for sexual assault*

Morningstars deal Grope and Penetration damage. Greatswords deal Slap damage.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I cast Bigby's You Fell Down The Stairs

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Mordenkainen's Sketchy House In The Woods With No Cell Service

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Froghammer posted:

Also, for the record, I'm not sure what Zak thinks harassment is?
To give you an idea...I've had little personal contact with him, and what I had was all just arguing about D&D. The last contact I had with him, he called me a "serial harasser" and posted what he thought was my real name. The "proof" that I am a serial harasser was a link to a TG Chat thread...where I quoted another poster and agreed with them...and I think that person was just criticizing one of his products or something.

I dislike when someone just posts a tweet about some conflict or scandal in the business, without any context or commentary. Twenty minutes later, I'm down a rabbit hole of Twitter threads and links to blogs with screenshots of posts...and it's usually about people I didn't know existed twenty minutes ago. For all that he complains about the public screaming matches and labyrinthine squabbles on social media, he lives for that poo poo.

Ettin posted:

Mostly recent Twitter discourse + remembering past discourse + I've been reading The Routledge Companion to Cyberpunk Culture for Hard Wired Island reasons :v:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

90s Cringe Rock posted:

I cast Bigby's You Fell Down The Stairs
I walked into a Dimension Door

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

moths posted:

French 75 (modified)

Named after this artillery piece:

neaden posted:

Is Far West out yet?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Cessna posted:

Is Far West out yet?

No, but Skarka is certainly trying to be Twitter's main character of late in matters of RPG design and philosophy! It's great.*

*It is not great.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

“(Maga)zines? More like (AntiMaga)zines.” - A modern CyberPunk?!?

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Loxbourne posted:

It's also so even if he does force an apology, he can justify "punishing" his target for not addressing sub-paragraph 28 lines iv-xvii clause 10(a).

As a side note, Sean Patrick Fannon did captlitulate and post a public apology to Zak about five years ago and Zak continued to use him as a target whenever it became convenient. Appeasement is not a winning strategy here.

(Then SPF turned out to be some sort of sex pest I think and got ejected from the industry.)

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Dawgstar posted:

No, but Skarka is certainly trying to be Twitter's main character of late in matters of RPG design and philosophy! It's great.*

*It is not great.

Still crazy a guy only famous for never finishing his work is even considered to be someone to talk to/about.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Loxbourne posted:

I can see him agreeing to it, because then he could pull a SURPRISE! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG! later. Wasn't he threatening Raggi over non-payment for something a year or so ago? Or Raggi was complaining about how much he owed Zak? I don't remember the specifics but he is clearly getting under-the-table work, probably from people who are certain that this is all an overreaction and it will blow over, and there's no way their friend could possibly do such things.

Raggi wasn’t talking about new work. He’s one of if not the only RPG publisher who pays royalties, and those were outstanding to Zak.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Still crazy a guy only famous for never finishing his work is even considered to be someone to talk to/about.
There are plenty of people who have run off with the money from failed Kickstarters, but they quietly slinked away. Ken Whitman just wants to make a few grand off of undelivered Kickstarters a year, not be famous for it. Skarka, on the other hand, cannot shut up.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lord_Hambrose posted:

It does beg the question what wisdom, precisely, does he have to hand down? Regale me, GM, on how to not put a game out with a hook that was kind of dated when you started it.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

potatocubed posted:

As a side note, Sean Patrick Fannon did captlitulate and post a public apology to Zak about five years ago and Zak continued to use him as a target whenever it became convenient. Appeasement is not a winning strategy here.

(Then SPF turned out to be some sort of sex pest I think and got ejected from the industry.)

More or less. (The ejection, not the alleged sexpestery.)

Sean Patrick Fannon posted:

About Sean Patrick Fannon

UPDATE! April 19, 2021

As you've all been following along, you know so well the major changes that have come along in my life, turning me this way and that. My world turned upside-down pretty significantly, but I am also looking at some incredible new opportunities and pathways.

The novel, The Walker Between the Ways, calls to me from the shadows, and I truly want to get back to it, but first I need to establish a firmer personal stream of revenue. The pandemic provided a new opportunity, one that is already proving to be something I probably should have done a long time ago. 

I have undertaken the vocation of a Professional Game Master. Moreover, I am working with Evil Beagle Games to elevate the entire concept under the banner PORTALIS - "Open the Door, Hero - Your Story Awaits!" A service - featuring many top-flight GMs and many compelling games, all set in our magnificent Omniverse meta-cosmic concept.

I've significantly updated this Patreon to include benefits directly related to PORTALIS, enabling patrons at higher levels to get significant discounts when purchasing tickets for Events or Series.

"But why are you not just offering free game slots, Sean?"

That had been my original plan, but PORTALIS isn't strictly mine - it's Evil Beagle's. And my poor-but-growing company needs to generate more revenue to keep growing. "Crossing the streams" between my Patreon and the EBG accounts would make a real hash of that; hence, the deep discount codes instead. 

The usual assortment of previews, freebies, random musings, and more remain part of the picture. If you look closely, you may discover some new creative opportunities to add your own ideas to lots of things I am producing.

As always, thank you so much for helping me contiue to create the art and entertainment you enjoy.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I like a little gin in my vermouth and olive juice

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

Halloween Jack posted:

Also, Olivia Hill is a horrible person. Zak has talked to all of the industry's most vaunted greybeards (he uses Robin Laws as an example of the caliber of people he's talking about) and claims every single one of them has bad things to say about her.

Halloween Jack posted:

The series ends with a list of malefactors who never suffered any negative consequences for being mean to Zak. This includes Robin Laws, for some reason. As far as I can tell, Laws is guilty of not using his industry pull to defend Zak, even though Zak knows his friend Ken!

A little late on this, but can I just say how beautifully these work as bookends that illustrate just how out of touch with reality Zak's attempts to cover up his history of abuse are?

"So Robin Laws can vouch for your stupid nonsense claims about Olivia Hill?"
"Oh yes...But anything else he says is a filthy lie."

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree

Halloween Jack posted:

This includes Robin Laws, for some reason. As far as I can tell, Laws is guilty of not using his industry pull to defend Zak, even though Zak knows his friend Ken!

This is actually another fun Zak hobby as well, where failure to defend him with enough enthusiasm puts you into the enemies column. Telling him "I think all the people you hate suck poo poo too, but maybe we should take a step back here" will cop you a blog post specifically calling you the world's greatest imbecile.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Ettin posted:

Where did you get it? I've only ever seen it in hardback textbook, and they want $250 for it. :smith:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Liquid Communism posted:

Where did you get it? I've only ever seen it in hardback textbook, and they want $250 for it. :smith:

The kindle version is $40

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/JohnNephew/status/1395702521130373122

I figured that the shipping crunch was having an impact on the industry, but it's interesting to see a professional's perspective on it.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Well, the failure to properly value the environmental impact of intercontinental shipping was a world historical fuckup, after all.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Took a brief look at Zak's latest nonsense and have little to add beyond a) apparently Troika/its fans are on his enemies list (I expect because Melsonian Arts Council stuff do his sort of aesthetic better than he did and without his baggage) and b) the comments on recent posts include the joy of him deleting Jim Desborough's comments due to Desborough being a gamergater, and wow I love it when lovely people focus their shittiness at each other instead of the wider public.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Warthur posted:

apparently Troika/its fans are on his enemies list (I expect because Melsonian Arts Council stuff do his sort of aesthetic better than he did and without his baggage)

What does Troika have to do with this company? Or is this a different Troika than the one who developed Arcanum/VtM: Bloodlines?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Troika is a weird OSR game using the rules from the Advanced Fighting Fantasy line of CYOA books.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Warthur posted:

Took a brief look at Zak's latest nonsense and have little to add beyond a) apparently Troika/its fans are on his enemies list (I expect because Melsonian Arts Council stuff do his sort of aesthetic better than he did and without his baggage) and b) the comments on recent posts include the joy of him deleting Jim Desborough's comments due to Desborough being a gamergater, and wow I love it when lovely people focus their shittiness at each other instead of the wider public.

The Troika crew that he refers to as being trolls are very much being a harasser crew on Twitter. It's Zak being the broken clock that's right twice a day, his guesses about what the gently caress is up with them are all wrong, but he's right to call them out because they've very much been trying to establish themselves as the in-crew for the OSR and related circles and shutting down anything and anyone they don't like.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Arivia posted:

The Troika crew that he refers to as being trolls are very much being a harasser crew on Twitter. It's Zak being the broken clock that's right twice a day, his guesses about what the gently caress is up with them are all wrong, but he's right to call them out because they've very much been trying to establish themselves as the in-crew for the OSR and related circles and shutting down anything and anyone they don't like.

Yeah they do pile-ons. Some of them are ridiculously angry people. I followed Axes and Orcs but after a month of him having some kind of rage meltdown every single god drat day over stupid and trivial poo poo I gave up. They've all poo poo on Zak(naturally).

Warthur posted:

This comment from one of his bootlickers is very telling.

I'm sure the site he was banned from was some pro-police, anti BLM website, obviously. :)

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Honestly, the fact that Zak S only communicates in online spaces where he, personally, has the ability to delete posts and comments he doesn't like tells you everything you need to know about him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
He’s been tossed out of just about everywhere else.