Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The trashfuture guy they have on sometimes sucks too.

He's British so that tracks, shame when Joe from Lions Lead by Donkeys also has dumb politics, but he's an outright anarchist, so that's to be expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Euphoriaphone posted:

She's Ian Miles Cheong but in Australia rather than Malaysia

the most pathetic thing was when she claimed to have hosed nick mullen

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/thetrillbillies/status/1395465291249901570

The trillbillies put a good episode about the power of unions.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the most pathetic thing was when she claimed to have hosed nick mullen

:lmao:

Paffgen
Jul 13, 2009
This is the greatest bit of Aimee lore.
https://twitter.com/helpfindacrook/status/7013597196

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://washingtonbabylon.com/which-side-are-you-on-the-answer-is-clear-for-todays-useful-idiots-for-the-right/

quote:

What’s Left? a podcast hosted by prolific Twitter troll, paralegal and amphetamine connoisseur Aimee Laba, better known as Aimee Terese. She is perhaps the most enthusiastic disseminator of the PMC canard and other crypto-Claremont propaganda.

She’s also a head case. When she’s not reflexively defending Neo-Nazis engaged in anti-PC demonstrations in her native Australia (she deleted that tweet) she’s dunking on the libs, accusing everyone of being a secret Democrat and refashioning conservative talking points with ultraleft gibberish. She also uncritically platforms conservative think tank figures like Manhattan Institute fellow Oren Cass, who, friend to the working man that he is, wants to cut overtime rates and bar public sector unions from supporting and donating to political campaigns. Despite her professed advocacy on behalf of the real working class against the wily PMC, Laba, occasionally gives the game away:

Personnel wise, you need loyal footsoldiers to make populist campaign work, but you also need hungry/class traitors in upper echelons of movement [sic]. The difference between Sanders & Corbyn in 16/17 vs 19/20 is their upper echelons now too well entrenched professionally [sic]. On the ground the working class people doing the grunt work/canvassing etc they’re loyal in both cases. But if the pmc layer will be fine professionally regardless of electoral outcome, they’re worse than useless (unless you have a legit vanguard of hardcore class traitors).

This quote betrays her genuine contempt for the working class. In her imagination, she’s in charge and the hoi polloi are the boots on the ground doing the “grunt work.” It’s all very understandable when you stop to consider that Laba grew up in Sydney’s posh North Shore. She attended Loreto Kirribilli, one of Sydney’s most exclusive and expensive private schools, where students are inculcated with a “born to rule” mentality. She’s also the daughter of a wealthy Lebanese émigré, which makes her contempt for working people quite a bit easier to understand.

https://washingtonbabylon.com/aimee...d-girl-and-boy/

quote:

Several days ago we exposed a corner of the internet inhabited by odious trolls, sketchy “independent” journalists and dilettante, third-positionist hipster douchebags all with dodgy connections to conservative think tanks. Now that the story has had some time to settle, they’re up in arms and asking to speak to the manager.

In true “Karen” fashion Aimee Laba went over my head to speak directly with Ken Silverstein in a hysterical exchange that almost made me pity her. Then I remembered that she’s a racist.

Out of courtesy to Laba and to extend the olive branch, we will not publish that unhinged exchange. But we have a few more things to say about her. First, I suspected she would play the victim and turn her background into some “immigrant success story”. Perhaps her father did come over with nothing. It’s possible. I’m sure it was just like that scene in The Godfather Part 2 where the haggard, yet determined immigrants longingly gaze at the Statue of Liberty for the first time. (Only this time it’s the Sydney Opera House.)

For the record, there are people from wealthy backgrounds with progressive views who don’t abandon them or become toxic right-wing trolls, but whether or not she is stinking rich or well-to-do petit bourgeois is immaterial. She is not what she represents herself to be. The private school she attended is in the same suburb where the Australian prime minister resides.

I can only guess that it takes some serious cash to live there, yet that won’t stop her from cosplaying as a soot-covered, overall bedecked proletarian. She’s a proven liar so anything she says must be taken with a metric ton of salt.

There are a lot of other signifiers of wealth I could have mentioned in Monday’s piece and there’s a lot more that we can mention in the future, but I just want to make it clear that we don’t really care about Aimee. She’s small-time and a has-been. We’re more interested in how propaganda works and we’re much more interested in going after the big fish like Glenn Greenwald. Just for fun, though, here’s a clip from a post-election seven-hour stream she did. Yes, seven-hours, where among other things she talks about how her brother lost a couple thousand dollars betting on a Trump victory per her instructions. Where I come from most people don’t have a couple grand to flush down the toilet like that. So, I’m sticking to my original hunch that they’re a bunch of loaded Lebanese wiping their asses with dollar bills.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i saw someone linking those articles and absolutely everyone involved, including the person writing them is loving insane.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/aimeeterese/status/1133146425414393856

https://twitter.com/aimeeterese/status/1133170876747210752

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Dreylad posted:

i saw someone linking those articles and absolutely everyone involved, including the person writing them is loving insane.

oh for sure - the reason why I only cherry-picked those sections is because the author goes off on just about everyone else in online that they seem to have a beef with, Glenn Greenwald, Matt Christman, whatever, but Aimee Terese deserves no mercy even when the slander comes from unscrupulous sources

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

How has no one posted this gem

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KuPzjyWeow

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Funny stuff that on the topic of platforming, the washington babylon decided to have Paula Schmitt on to attack GG. Her main argument is that the intercept revelations had no embarassing information about Lula and the left, and as such must have been selectively leaked because odds are that there would have been something there that would be bad for Lula. So apparently because the people out to get lula and selectively leaking to hurt him didn't keep some bad news for Lula hidden, the reports must be biased.

Most recently, this Paula Schmitt has been on a tear defending the Bolsonaro's government decision to push choloriquine to treat covid rather than buying vaccines.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Nick Mullen definitely doesn't gently caress women

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I remember when twitter personalities had style
https://twitter.com/RedKahina/status/1328013082283618307?s=20

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Aimee Therese, u r the Copecast Thread Smokeshow of the Week

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Atrocious Joe posted:

Nick Mullen definitely doesn't gently caress women

I remember when twitter personalities had style
https://twitter.com/RedKahina/status/1328013082283618307?s=20

why is she bothering with the censoring still, doesn't everyone already know who she is and hasn't she like been up on stage and poo poo speaking

oh wait, that's a paranoid schizophrenia thing isn't it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

stavvy solves your problems is back next week!!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ngl, this summary kinda makes me think "lol gently caress off"

There's something about that sort of perspective that really irks me. Like it's all about the personal journey.

It kind of feel like Amber wants to be a Brace Belden but without having to actually go through all the poo poo he did

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

i say swears online posted:

Hell yes. I hope the art stream will continue too at some point.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

ngl, this summary kinda makes me think "lol gently caress off"

There's something about that sort of perspective that really irks me. Like it's all about the personal journey.

It kind of feel like Amber wants to be a Brace Belden but without having to actually go through all the poo poo he did

Brace would never betray us by writing a book, a pursuit for absolute nerds

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

oh hell yes. is this supposed to be the grand finale? stavvy was supposed to do a big sendoff back in august when eh cancelled the show and then that got postponed. i really miss it. it was a great show

Grevling posted:

Hell yes. I hope the art stream will continue too at some point.
double hell yes

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

oh hell yeah

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
chapo admits they're a cia op and then says the correct course of action is to just chill and do nothing.

wait up sheeple!!!

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Ringo Roadagain posted:

being an unacknowledged chapo reply girl broke her brain

that video of someone scrolling through blacked_com_pilled's replies to felix with dido's part in stan playing in the background is poetry in motion

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Felix and Matt remembering 00s bloggers is the best poo poo, just massive nostalgia

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

why is she bothering with the censoring still, doesn't everyone already know who she is and hasn't she like been up on stage and poo poo speaking

oh wait, that's a paranoid schizophrenia thing isn't it

only recently i realized that paul klein of @paulkleinfancam fame is her old man

has he fixed his own dental problem yet

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/keithjohnstack/status/1395363689851625478?s=20

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

some plague rats posted:

Brace would never betray us by writing a book, a pursuit for absolute nerds

Fr? They're both literally the same class of grifter. I will bet a million dollars he writes a book. It's just the usual progression of things.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

xtal posted:

Fr? They're both literally the same class of grifter. I will bet a million dollars he writes a book. It's just the usual progression of things.

can i be on your podcast

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

tokin opposition posted:

where's my chapo slop

i demand my slop

this is violence

Doesn't the hour and half interview with the Al Jazeera guy count?

Bad: Mild bemoaning of "tumblr refugees" despite the fact that tumblr is being filled again and is way more chill, Cracked did do the "The American LGBT community is too unfair to Israel" poo poo years before media commodified such language.

Good: Interviewer getting Felix to spin that around and admit that those crowds are way, way less likely to buy their propaganda and that they're a bit more wise to stuff like this than he gives credit for.

Kunster has issued a correction as of 12:31 on May 21, 2021

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
fighting isis for the clout to parley into a podcast and then a book. the ultimate grift.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
xtal which episodes of Pod Save the World did you guest on?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

MeatwadIsGod posted:

xtal which episodes of Pod Save the World did you guest on?

"if the faux leftist podcast isn't left enough for you maybe you would like the legitimately centrist podcast?" lol

Although to their credit Pod is at least consistent across their theory and practice, they just have lovely theory.

xtal has issued a correction as of 13:10 on May 21, 2021

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

xtal posted:

"if the faux leftist podcast isn't left enough for you maybe you would like the legitimately centrist podcast?" lol

Although to their credit Pod is at least consistent across their theory and practice, they just have lovely theory.

post your podcast or gently caress off

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

oh come on that’s clearly a cumtown style “I hosed her” joke

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

xtal posted:

“grifter” lol anarchists are so fuckin stupid

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I think it's more likely Adam hosed her, tbh

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

xtal posted:

brace did write for mrr but that is when he was high as gently caress all the time

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

xtal posted:

You still haven’t posted your podcasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
BtB Dulles-watch:

a narrative has been put forth that there is a "good" Dulles brother

Cracked guy compared China to Nazi Germany in the context of "how will we explain how chill we were with them in 50 years" when 1) we are not chill with China and 2) Israel is such an obvious Nazi Germany analog that i have to assume he was intentionally avoiding it