Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Almost 12 hours later and 722 likes.

They have the worst social media engagement for a project of this "size".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

It's always a good sign when your President/CEO and head of marketing have to make "proof of life" posts.

Deskeletonized
Mar 24, 2021

It looks like a still from a hostage video. Odds Sandi has a knife in his ribs? She genuinely looks unhinged.

“Proof of life.” Jesus.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

sandi scares me

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Deskeletonized posted:

It looks like a still from a hostage video. Odds Sandi has a knife in his ribs? She genuinely looks unhinged.

“Proof of life.” Jesus.

You can't see her hands so Sandi is the one holding the knife.

It tracks with all the other things we know about her behavior.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Hey Jim I had the triple bean chili last night. Just wanted to let you know before we take off.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/eTcBWIq.mp4

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

mkvltra posted:

Will you please post pics / video of what you just described?

Also just wanted to chime in and say that I really enjoy reading your insight about Star Citizen.

This is the thing.

There was also excitement about people falling into this stuff and dying during battles and all kinds of crazy dumbassery.

.random
May 7, 2007

Subscribe to my VanduulsOnly for the uncensored version :byodame:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Thoatse posted:

Why are there 2 wine glasses in my Vanduul sythe :confused:

One for you, one for the man behind you with lust on his mind while he inches his fingertips along your rear end, which is where the HUD for his stuff is being projected.

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 21, 2021

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I love this one.

The other one that made me laugh too much and feel guilty about it was the Chris Roberts thumbs up before hitting the twin towers.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Her profile picture with Gary Oldman looks like it has more love and closeness than she does with her husband. Super sweet. <3

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Did Chris dye his eyebrows

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

.random posted:

Subscribe to my VanduulsOnly for the uncensored version :byodame:

Most ships feature a toilet.

The ones that don't... have a "copilot".

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
crobbo is looking old as gently caress lol

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
he'll be 53 on the 27th

that means he went through his entire 40s working on one (two??) games and releasing fuckin nothing

lol

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

he'll be 53 on the 27th

that means he went through his entire 40s working on one (two??) games and releasing fuckin nothing

lol

The likelihood he cares about that is probably close to absolute zero.

He's in it for the money, not for the joy of making a video game for people.

He's probably annoyed at the one or two meetings he has to attend a week to talk about the dumb video game.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Classic CIG. They based it on old Navy rail launchers but gave it the veneer of a bowling alley.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

skeletors_condom posted:

Quite a few store citizen are pissed that CIG gutted their latest milestone release.

But I bet it won't stop them from scoring JPEGs. In particular, the X wing clone seems to be getting higher than average interest from the faithful.

You're getting it kinda wrong. Before every big sale there is always a large group of commandos that start making GBS threads on the game, not because they are not planning to buy every loving new ships there is but because they think that poo-pooing the game at that moment may cause other commandos to skip buying the limited ships and thus give them a better chance at scoring one.

You can always see it, shortly before the sale they are like "My wallet is closed and we all should try to send a message to CIG blah blah" and then, during the sale, they are like "Yes! I managed to buy 2 krakens! gently caress yeah!"

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

trucutru posted:

You can always see it, shortly before the sale they are like "My wallet is closed and we all should try to send a message to CIG blah blah" and then, during the sale, they are like "Yes! I managed to buy 2 krakens! gently caress yeah!"

I don't think it's strategic, I think they're just idiots with no impulse control

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

TheAgent posted:

crobbo is looking old as gently caress lol

What is the app he's so proudly displaying on his phone? Am I supposed to know what that is

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

mkvltra posted:

What is the app he's so proudly displaying on his phone? Am I supposed to know what that is

Drink Mixing Minigame

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

mkvltra posted:

e: hosed up link

Thoatse fucked around with this message at 21:01 on May 21, 2021

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

I'm the publicly displayed horga'hn indicating they seek jamaharon

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sarsapariller posted:

I don't think it's strategic, I think they're just idiots with no impulse control

Sure, most of them are just idiots, but there are a few whales that do that every single sale.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

That's just dahir insaat making space animations

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

MedicineHut posted:

Rare clip of the Turbulent guys after finding out about the work by CIG in server meshing

This was incredibly uncomfortable to watch and I hated every moment I spent watching it.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flannelette posted:

I'm not sure what it is but looking at the graphics in SC are really starting to feel dated now. I think it's the simple lighting and shadows and the way everything is clean and empty.

Yeah, that's the problem with fiedlity. The more detailed something is, the more it stands out that it's fake, because in real life, the detailed stuff is also clutter and wear and stuff like that. Ideally you'd want to add it procedurally via some noise, but it's really hard to make it believable - and time consuming to place it manually.

Sanya Juutilainen fucked around with this message at 06:41 on May 21, 2021

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i like that they heard people telling them they should be doing grey box stuff and they took that to mean 'show wip shots of us arting everything but dont put the textures in'

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Pixelate posted:

Don't think this is it, but it'll do for now

https://i.imgur.com/dM4rK98.mp4

Stupid, while still being strangely sexually charged

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Pixelate posted:

Don't think this is it, but it'll do for now

https://i.imgur.com/dM4rK98.mp4

I like the little retaining screw holding it together like it;s a giant space tool at the end,

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

Actually I think the best one was the super complex manual loading system in capital ships one.

That was one that probably should have made people reconsider what the heck this project is and what kind of idiot is running it, but here we are almost 10 years now.

Ah, yes, the one where the supposed detailed loading system had a bunch of torpedoes just floating around without being held by anything. That was top tier CIG nonsense :D

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

TheAgent posted:

wonder how crypto being down so much is gonna effect ship sales, since all the sc_trades guys are heavy, heavy into crypto

Hedging their cash in virtual spaceships!

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
:reddit: Invictus and another roadmap gutting

:reddit: posted:

Remember Squadron 42 Briefings? Yeah, we got ONE.

People arguing that "progress has been made": no fkn poo poo!? Did you expect them to take progress away or what??? That does not make the SPEED and CONTENT of the progress any less ridiculous and laughable.

There are basically no new mission types or gameplay loops beyond mining since 5 years ago.

Meanwhile we are getting slammed by minimal features as if they were creating miracles for us.

3D objects such as plants or new textures for rocks are not something to justify a quarter of development.... And they really don't add to the incredibly needed GAME aspect of this GAME.

Meanwhile, every patch brings in more bugs than fixes and every added feature is broken af.

Take the latest docking feature they emailed everyone about to hype us up: there was actually just one ship that had this feature working so to sell it as a "we got ship docking now!" is total bullshit imo. But a step further.. The ship docking actually works great. In 0G the merlin docks perfectly.

But what if you try auto-docking in atmosphere? You get stuck for 5 minutes because the ship can't manage docking and nobody thought of building in a drat abort button. You want to repair or refuel your Connie? You can't. No landing features work because it's perceiving 2 ships instead of one. Nobody thought of or tested this before publishing. You have to undock your merlin to do so. What happens when you repair without the merlin docked into your Connie? You get a new merlin repaired into your Connie. Yeah, I have 6 merlin ready to be retrieved so far. Again, nobody decided to fix this before going main pipeline with this feature. You want to use the advantage of a merlin to fly from your main ship, perhaps down to a planet or whatever? Ha, your Connie just despawnwed.

You would call the addition of docking "progress" but I have to say it's non-functional trash that BARELY works. And the sad thing is, every feature in this game so far is just as broken and does not get fixed for at least a couple of years. It literally took them like 6 years to rework the god drat elevator panels to give some fkn feedback when pressed.

The amount of 0 fucks given either my the devs or managers is staggering within CIG.

The funny thing is OP is getting knocked for reposting this almost a year later.

But no one looked at the comments last year... Or years before. People have been making the same excuses for years, the game is moving at a galacial pace, and outside of arbitrarily saying it's 1.0... this game will be done sometime. But it's not going to be any time soon.

They pitched the Kickstarter back in 2012. I backed in 2015 and the first PU was released in 2016 IIRC. We're approaching a decade of development and we still haven't gotten out of Stanton.

This game has given people countless hours of fun. But the game is what we have now, always has been. The dream that this will be X sometime down the road is just that... A dream.

Just another 10 years guys! Thats all we need. Plus another 350million. Oh in that time keep releasing new ships for people to buy.

poo poo the game isnt even FUN. Its just a tech demo. How many years in ?

Nothing about it is fun at all. How long does it take to achieve anything basic? too fking long.

The state the game is in now, is how CIG want it to be. Money is rolling in. If they release it and its wank there dead. Nows the perfect time for profit, why bother even trying to release anything at all

But there are also apologists, but they're in minority

If CGI only cared about ship sales they wouldn't have gutted the Road Map until AFTER Invictus week.

They are being up front with their content development ahead of their largest ship sale week of the year. They deserve credit for that at least.

The past few weeks people on this sub were speculating that CIG wasn't going to release a "truthful" update on the roadmap because of Invictus Week. Now that CIG released terrible news regarding 3.14 BEFORE the sale, I think it's worth to point out that at least they didn't hold the delays off.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9XRNNMu0no

Looks like an X-Wing with a turret, and wing configuration reminiscent of Mask Crusaders' transforming helicopter.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Dwesa posted:

:reddit: Invictus and another roadmap gutting

How am I only just now noticing the squandered42 logo looks like goatse

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

Thoatse posted:

How am I only just now noticing the squandered42 logo looks like goatse

:staredog:

Groshlak
Jan 9, 2021

Thoatse posted:

I'm the publicly displayed horga'hn indicating they seek jamaharon

I don't really know, I'm not that knowledgeable in the matter but... This totally sounds like a war ritual from the Klingon or something. Are you implying these 2 aliens are on the warpath to raid the whales of Earth?

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Groshlak posted:

I don't really know, I'm not that knowledgeable in the matter but... This totally sounds like a war ritual from the Klingon or something. Are you implying these 2 aliens are on the warpath to raid the whales of Earth?

Right universe, wrong species/ritual: https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Horga%27hn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

Bofast posted:

Ah, yes, the one where the supposed detailed loading system had a bunch of torpedoes just floating around without being held by anything. That was top tier CIG nonsense :D

of course, they still needed the fidelity layering in.