Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/CGTNOfficial/status/1395595488804499458

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Countdown to NYT article questioning China's motives and asserting they are only doing this to foster goodwill so they can further their inscrutable but no doubt evil schemes.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

will the perfidious celestial stop at nothing to spread their insidious influence

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I wonder how serious this is. China is essentially a mercantile empire building influence around the world and probably won't enjoy Israel loving around with their interests. At the same time I can imagine them doing everything possible to minimize risk and confrontation.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

https://twitter.com/arwaib/status/1395696980823875585?s=19

https://twitter.com/Pales601/status/1395700192171773955?s=19

*Steve Richie Mortal Kombat II voice* Again?

Kunster has issued a correction as of 12:26 on May 21, 2021

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
wow, a whole few hours of ceasefire

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

gently caress

Why can’t these pieces of poo poo just stay out of mosques? How would they feel if they were assaulted in their temples?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

can always count on the IDF to break any agreements and commit war crimes

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
for a second i thought the new thread title was something about bellingcat lol

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

https://twitter.com/QudsNen/status/1395701132962537476?s=20

They run like loving dorks, israeli proud boys confirmed

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ASAPRockySituation posted:

https://twitter.com/QudsNen/status/1395701132962537476?s=20

They run like loving dorks, israeli proud boys confirmed

IDF is basically if you made a military out of the sad Virgin walk meme

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Orange Devil posted:

Countdown to NYT article questioning China's motives and asserting they are only doing this to foster goodwill so they can further their inscrutable but no doubt evil schemes.

How dare Comrade Xi develop soft power overseas while the West solution is to ship more bombs to Israel!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

military police are the most powertripping cops on the planet lmao

It's like a Venn diagram since you have the worst things about cops and military combined into a single job role.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

ironic that this whole thing that started because the mosque was a "red line" in the words of the Jordanian ambassador or whatever ends with Israel making sure it ended the way it started

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 13:01 on May 21, 2021

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Netanyahu is losing his grip on the country. I remember a week ago there were rumors floating around on Arab social media about Netanyahu seeking a ceasefire brokered through the Egyptians - but I didn't want to post about it here since I wasn't sure it was much more than rumor. Netanyahu probably figured very early on that the new war on Palestine was a massive miscalculation and was looking for a way out, and now he has to deal with rogue elements of the IDF and the settler psychos who are going to agitate for any kind of break on the ceasefire they can get.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

oh wow israel immediately resumed violent oppression (that will be ignored by the media) to provoke a response. what a surprising and unforseen development

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Just so loving depraved.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the amount of goodwill china gets from helping out in gaza is going to really help their silk road ambitions leading into pakistan and across the middle east

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

nyt posted:

After a brief exchange of tear gas and rock throwing, the police said they had pulled back.

The clash broke out shortly after the conclusion of midday prayers, as Israeli police officers entered the mosque compound and fired tear gas and sound grenades.

A raid by Israeli police officers more than a month ago at the mosque was a fuse that ultimately ignited the worst violence to rock the region in seven years.

Micky Rosenfeld, a spokesman for the Israeli police, said that rocks had been thrown at officers standing outside the Chain Gate, one of the entrances to the compound. He said the forces had entered the site to pursue the people who threw the rocks. He said he was not aware of any arrests as of 2:20 p.m.

Thousands of worshipers had come to the mosque compound for midday

If only sticks and stones truly could break bones

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jel Shaker posted:

the amount of goodwill china gets from helping out in gaza is going to really help their silk road ambitions leading into pakistan and across the middle east

I know even when Israel did their land grab back in the day the US had big reservations mainly from George C Marshall who recognized that the creation of Israel would create a constant power keg situation in Middle East. Plus he recognized that recognizing Israel would also antagonize all the surrounding nations.

The US still went ahead with it despite the reservations or Israel starting a covert nuclear weapons program.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

If only sticks and stones truly could break bones

link?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/05/21/world/israel-hamas-news/aqsa-mosque-jerusalem

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Netanyahu is losing his grip on the country. I remember a week ago there were rumors floating around on Arab social media about Netanyahu seeking a ceasefire brokered through the Egyptians - but I didn't want to post about it here since I wasn't sure it was much more than rumor. Netanyahu probably figured very early on that the new war on Palestine was a massive miscalculation and was looking for a way out, and now he has to deal with rogue elements of the IDF and the settler psychos who are going to agitate for any kind of break on the ceasefire they can get.

I'm really dumb on this particular topic: so do the settlers just start squatting in people's houses and then call the Israeli police when the homeowners try to fight back? Is that literally the tactic?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

gently caress

Why can’t these pieces of poo poo just stay out of mosques? How would they feel if they were assaulted in their temples?

Very desperate to log in Chrome so I can joke probe you for suggesting antisemite violence!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

oxsnard posted:

I'm really dumb on this particular topic: so do the settlers just start squatting in people's houses and then call the Israeli police when the homeowners try to fight back? Is that literally the tactic?

Seems to be the case in a lot of instances - there are the videos of settler mobs making bucket brigades tossing out people's furniture. Or that fat American expat shithead telling the woman if he hadn't stolen her house someone else would have. I think some have been "formally" evicted by Israeli courts who don't have actual jurisdiction since East Jerusalem is occupied territory.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

oxsnard posted:

In some cases, in others, what'll happen is that some Israeli court or building inspector will go in, declare a Palestinian dwelling to be in violation of code, and do a 'legal' eviction, and it just so happens a family from Brooklyn will move in there. That or they'll declare that the Palestinian owners don't have enough documentation so they don't really own their domicile.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

oxsnard posted:

yes

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I cannot imagine the kind of shamelessness it would take to steal someone's house and tell the inhabitants "this is mine now."

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

crepeface posted:

I cannot imagine the kind of shamelessness it would take to steal someone's house and tell the inhabitants "this is mine now."

Like the photo of the american jewish couple who kicked the elderly palestinian couple out their home.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

gently caress

They want rockets flying because they want a casus belli to commit genocide. They are dogshit

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I'm just... gently caress

lol

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

crepeface posted:

https://twitter.com/ourhiddenhistry/status/1394824085536972800?s=21

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hatebag posted:

They want rockets flying because they want a casus belli to commit genocide. They are dogshit

Plus it's always been a easy simple way to improve polling especially if you are under political pressure like Bibi.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

oxsnard posted:

yeah so there’s a law called the absentee’s property law which basically says if a palestinian leaves the area of their home by, say, traveling to Jordan, the israelis can then claim the home for a settler. My understanding is there is no defined absentee period, the state simply determines it. You can legit come home and your keys don’t work. Palestinians also don’t have the ability to improve infrastructure in area C since those lands have it managed by Israel, so you’ll see that used to shove people out too. Also Palestinians aren’t even allowed in certain areas and have to use special palestinian id cards since they aren’t israeli citizens. Need a passport? Get it from Jordan, bitch.

In a word: nazis

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I'm imagining some native Americans just barging into a Manhattan penthouse and throwing poo poo out of a window saying this is ours now. That would own though

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

etalian posted:

Like the photo of the american jewish couple who kicked the elderly palestinian couple out their home.

I wanna say in that case the Palestinians either had it stolen in the Nakba or some later date and the Brooklyn couple bought it decades later and are shitheads who don't care. Unless there's a write up where they just booted them out and took it.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It's also worth keeping in mind that the Palestinians in the West Bank have no guns, but all the settlers do. So imagine going home and there's some fat New York dipshit standing on your balcony pointing an uzi at you, saying to get off his property.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Remember when the oslo accords forbid Israel stealing and settling the west bank from palestine?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

lol goddamn.

for some reason I didn't have an American dude in my mind, I can totally imagine some fat moron shithead MAGA or Karen do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Asproigerosis posted:

Remember when the oslo accords forbid Israel stealing and settling the west bank from palestine?

It's like the classic great story when the US Supreme Court ruled against Andrew Jackson when he broke the treaty with the Cherokee Indians..