Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Sadly no one on SA made or lost a lot on bitcoin

That's my Ted talk, you have to get your own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

eth is tanking again. down 40% in a day. :toot:

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Diva Cupcake posted:

eth is tanking again. down 40% in a day. :toot:

i think you haven't heard that eth is the stable crypto buy the dip

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
my crypto story is that the Oh The Huge Manatee NFT I made two weeks ago is now more affordable than ever to bid on, thanks to ETH crashing

only 15 days left, gonna get that first bid any day now and be rich, NFT hype definitely hasn't evaporated

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/TikTokInvestors/status/1395123870173106177

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006

he looks like a cro-magnon

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/KateAronoff/status/1395110931806441475?s=20

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

pandemic boyfriend is 2021's hottest dating sim

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I had about fiddy quiddy worth of safemoon which is still a really good investment and everyone should get in on

And about fiddy quiddy worth of old bitcoin I turned into shitcoins. Both of which plummeted in value

The only good coin I saw was dogina which went to 5x value about 30 mins after I bought it but I was going to the moon so only got out at 2x when it crashed.

Thankfully I was too cowardly to put 1000 quid into ethereum but I did tell everyone it was a sure thing and good investment lmao

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.
not gonna lie, i didn't buy any ethereum because i kinda just don't like the name or its vibe in general.

i didn't lose any money because my shitcoins kinda just went back to the price i bought them at? oh, actually safemoon's still up. nice. i heard it was gonna go to the moon, but safely?

i did just buy another like... 13 bucks of zeppelin dao and now i have over a billion of those. so, if that's ever a thing: :yaycat:

oh yeah, and then there's this chucklefuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN0c4AxRWs4

note: if he put $40k in at the time of the video, then he has, in fact, lost money on safemoon so far. so be happy, madgoons.

Alobar has issued a correction as of 13:33 on May 20, 2021

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Communist Thoughts posted:

I had about fiddy quiddy worth of safemoon which is still a really good investment and everyone should get in on

And about fiddy quiddy worth of old bitcoin I turned into shitcoins. Both of which plummeted in value

The only good coin I saw was dogina which went to 5x value about 30 mins after I bought it but I was going to the moon so only got out at 2x when it crashed.

Thankfully I was too cowardly to put 1000 quid into ethereum but I did tell everyone it was a sure thing and good investment lmao
can we get marquee flashing bold text in the OP that investing in cryptocurrency is investing in a ponzi scheme and akin to investing in tulips or beanie babies tia

(even if this particular post is a bit)

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

comedyblissoption posted:

can we get marquee flashing bold text in the OP that investing in cryptocurrency is investing in a ponzi scheme and akin to investing in tulips or beanie babies tia

Yea maybe something that starts like "wanna get rich??..."

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

im okay with degens degen gambling i do it myself but there are crazy insane people on this website that should be informed this is extreme degen gambling lol

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Alobar posted:

note: if he put $40k in at the time of the video, then he has, in fact, lost money on safemoon so far. so be happy, madgoons.

i can believe portnoy lost money. he also announced he was going to begin day trading on 3/23/20, which was shortly after the absolute bottom of the market last year and right as it was rebounding. he could have just printed out the tickers for a bunch of S&P 500 companies and thrown darts at them and made money, but he still somehow bought at the bottom and lost.

although i think that may have been just when he announced he was day trading. it would be even funnier if he got in on 3/20 and still lost

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

just need DOGE to fall back to .35 and the game begins again

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
were some gains erased? yes. will there be even "phatter" gains in the future? absolutely. Looking forward to some triple, quad, hell maybe even hex baggers.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Mods can we get rid of this fudster?

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

im okay with degens degen gambling i do it myself but there are crazy insane people on this website that should be informed this is extreme degen gambling lol

*wipes tear away* you...you really care, don't you? :)

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

there was someone in the predictit thread that seemed to have bet way more money than they should have and was asking for tips to go deeper so it is a legit concern lol

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

So glad I cashed in 5 figures right before the crash. Feels good man

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Yossarian-22 posted:

So glad I cashed in 5 figures right before the crash. Feels good man

i was this close to cashing out my doge and buying a cool electric motorcycle but then i didnt and now i dont got a motorcycle worth of doge. probably for the best anyways lol.

might still buy this little thing tho... looks cool. yolo https://cscmotorcycles.com/city-slicker-black/

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Smythe posted:

i was this close to cashing out my doge and buying a cool electric motorcycle but then i didnt and now i dont got a motorcycle worth of doge. probably for the best anyways lol.

might still buy this little thing tho... looks cool. yolo https://cscmotorcycles.com/city-slicker-black/

drat. could have just bought a single graphics card instead.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Homeless Friend posted:

drat. could have just bought a single graphics card instead.

and use the card to mine more coin. a much better plan to be honest.

e: and that coin gets more cards.... wait a minute....

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

My bag is very similarly sized to what I started with a week ago. Doge remains the only *coin that I've lost measurable amounts of money to.

E: Deservedly so.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Smythe posted:

The blockchain is a computer generated ledger, built to keep us under control, in order to change a human being. . . into this.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

All Crypto has completely recovered in less than 24 hours.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Homeless Friend posted:

The blockchain is a computer generated ledger, built to keep us under control, in order to change a human being. . . into this.

my god...

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

Smythe posted:

*youth preacher walks into the room, sits backwards on a chair*

so you guys are trying to accumulate some coins, huh? let me tell you about a dude who knew everything about accumulation. his name was karl marx

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Nonsense posted:

So, who was it? Who bought the dip? Who?!?!?

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

The entire crypto market is doing a dead cat bounce on the way down the stairs

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The Fed is making their own crypto, TO THE MOON

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Nonsense posted:

The Fed is making their own crypto, TO THE MOON

i hung out with a bank of canada economist a few times and he was part of a group that was researching how palatable a digital currency would be to people. wouldn’t be surprised if we see some government issued coins crop up over the next few years.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

when americacoin comes out im gonna make bank buying fuckamericacoins

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nonsense posted:

Not really.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

it just crashed again lol

BTC 10,000 is coming!!!

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

h...hodl the door! hodl the doooor!

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Communist Thoughts posted:

h...hodl the door! hodl the doooor!

Please put trigger warnings before reminding us of dumb Game of Thrones moments. lmao @ that ham-fisted backstory.

Fame Douglas has issued a correction as of 16:06 on May 21, 2021

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I'm so happy crypto is having a hard time. The content it is generating is top tier.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)
I need a thread like “post people realizing they will die under trump”, but for crypto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

I can see where the hodl mindset comes from, when the alternative is cashing out like a chump lmao