Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groshlak
Jan 9, 2021
Thanks for the clarification, I knew I couldn't be too far off!

Also, Sandi has that bad terminator smile and it scares me too.

Groshlak fucked around with this message at 12:21 on May 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

The Titanic posted:

I love this one.

The other one that made me laugh too much and feel guilty about it was the Chris Roberts thumbs up before hitting the twin towers.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

I feel bad, but yes that is hilarious.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/498223647333285888/845288409290244136/trolley_vs_890.mp4

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Idgi, why did you photoshop Elon Musk's face onto Chris'?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:siren: Breaking news Polaris is no longer stock limited! :siren:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/invictus-launch-week-2951-faq/4046303

All you Idris buyers better mark your calendars too!

quote:

Hahaha i paid for Polaris CCU x5 of its normal price bacause it was hull limited, now they tell me its no longer stock limited. Someone pls stop this circus.

Noooooo, my JPEG is no longer artificially scarce! (they really need to begin selling NFTs).

quote:

Will there a price increase to the Polaris with this newfound availability?

quote:

Please yes. We don't want these drat capital deathboats running all over the places! That will make true cap ships like Idris and Javelin paper and too easy to kill.

:laffo:

trucutru fucked around with this message at 15:04 on May 21, 2021

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So what happens if a harbinger of doom ever changes their mind?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

My guilt triples every second I watch this loop.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
I wish Chris would have played his game again at some point during the entire history of the game.

Who'd have thought that he could go for many many years without even pretending to play his game, and people would still think that this is somehow the game he's always wanted to play.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

trucutru posted:

From a casual observer point-of-view, it looks more like a project to see what can't be done. And by that metric, it is an overwhelming success.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

where's the gif of him pretending to code

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Citizens are catching on that the value spread of ships is total bullshit:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

"It's not pay 2 win! Look at how much I'm paying! (CIG pls make the new ship win)"

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
It's almost like it doesn't punch above its weight.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Dwesa posted:

It's almost like it doesn't punch above its weight.

One could say it... Punches down?

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

I wanna introduce a friend to the sc saga. Anyone have a good starter video?

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

UnknownTarget posted:

Bootcha's Sunk Cost Galaxy series for sure https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hPxnBAdbbo

Also this one by Spatial is lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1PgJ_ztFOM

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

UnknownTarget posted:

the old argcasts are really good for a listen through if you just want to hear me stupidly talk about sex parties and priest collars

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

UnknownTarget posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHUbzzKJXBc

Mandalore's video was made in 2016 but it was comprehensive at the time.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Nova Tonk does not damage infantry personel posted:

Did some testing with the TONK and that main cannon is useless against infantry targets.

No aoe splash damage at all. Direct impact is not great either.

Also the dual S2 weapons on top can not depress far enough to keep the Tonk safe from infantry.

Sorry for the low audio on the video, will adjust OBS for future vids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4cIzLBR3dg

Here is the IC report I found on this.

It def needs to be addressed because it should have an effect like the C-788 but much greater.

https://issue-council.robertsspaceindustries.com/projects/STAR-CITIZEN/issues/STARC-5282

Thanks for reading and enjoy.

o7

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

a tank thats only useful against other tanks, of which there is only one model in the first place

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(
Oh dear, human armour may have better stats than vehicle armour :ohdear:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

trucutru posted:

This is nearly a good point. Except for a couple things:

1) Chris didn't pitch it that way
2) Chris is mind-boggling unqualified to explore the boundaries of "what can be done"

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You just have to wait until the anti-infantry tank is released.

It's called game design people.

Scruffpuff posted:

This is nearly a good point. Except for a couple things:

1) Chris didn't pitch it that way
2) Chris is mind-boggling unqualified to explore the boundaries of "what can be done"

Well, there is a difference between seeing what can be done and doing it so I'm pretty sure everything will be ok. They have Tony Z on their side and I hear that he's like some sort of goddamn computer wizard.

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Someone should really make an explainer video that includes the ship prices, but where is that "Where is Squadron 42?" video?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Give me 400 million dollars and I will attempt to push the boundaries of what can be done in video games but not actually attempt to push boundaries with the same level of success as Chris Roberts.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Thoatse posted:

How am I only just now noticing the squandered42 logo looks like goatse

Cannot unsee :aaa:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://twitter.com/thenormal02/status/1395736461123719170
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/1395779425711579142
?

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

UnknownTarget posted:

Someone should really make an explainer video that includes the ship prices, but where is that "Where is Squadron 42?" video?

GORF’s one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33ue0lzVnys

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

It’s my video game from another school. You don’t know her

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

lmao

happy invictus week, dumb-dumbs

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

Oh come on now it's like nobody even watched that video they just put out where they talked about how they definitely always 100% want one ship with multiple crew members to be more effective than multiple ships despite designing their game to be the exact opposite. Did nobody even hear that babyfaced Full Sail grad explain how having a turret gunner is going to become more powerful once multicrew gets out of its early stages???

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

One thing I learned in all the years backing this game... posted:

Majority of people can't handle real development. Not sure if it's a lack of patience/maturity or inability to see the bigger picture, But drat... People complain way too much. Especially when CIG is doing a pretty drat good job at what they are doing.

I honestly think people just enjoy complaining in itself. They enjoy their comfortable pessimistic attitude where they can vent their minor inconveniences... You know, instead of handling it like a real adult. It gives them the illusion of control, or something.

So to those who constantly complain and bring negativity to the forums? Go play something else and stop being a burden to the community. Your whining ruins the forums for the rest of us who actually understand what's going on.

And to CIG: The game is looking excellent. Don't let the negativity of a few sideline coaches get you down. There are those of us who see what you guys are doing and the vision this game looks to achieve.

Those of us who get it; We love what you're doing.

quote:

CIG started off with only 10 people. I don't get why people like to ignore that important fact. Those first 4 years were building a studio and the tools necessary.

If we blindly say "Oh CIG take long time" and take out the important context? Then yeah, maybe we can pretend that's a valid point?

But that's not what happens. People see black and white, not the fine details of why things happen the way they did/do.

Hence why I made this post... For people who really don't understand the development, but insist on whining.

quote:

The reason isn't they can't handle development.

They can't handle their own emotions and see any change or alteration they don't like as a world ending threat... and 'my feelings are not-so-happy right now' so I will vomit them out onto people I think are responsible so I don't have to lean to deal with my feelings internally. Externally processing my emotions is sooooo much better than doing it internally like an adult.

A reply I made in another post sums it up better:

We, The backers ,will NEVAR BE ADULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE WILL Vomit our emotional salt onto the forums at every possible chance we get... even if it makes no sense!!
WHY!? Because we will not learn how to process our emotions internally and will always seek external validation for everything we feel without using any thought or reasoning!
We will NOT EVAR stop being toddlers!
NOW WHERE IS MY SOO-SOO!

Ohh and anyone calling me out on doing that is a Stoopid-head who isn't nice and... "I know you are but what am I!!!!!" WAAAHHHH... but I need to do something other than call them a stoopidhead... so I'll say White-knight or... NO YOU'RE the one who is Emotional I AM NOT... yet I'll continue emotionally ranting about CIG! That will make me feel better!

That's why lol.

CHILL posted:

CIG maybe treading water, while not trying to give the impression they may drown. Which is over dramatic in the extreme but the doomsayers will get my point.

You all hear about
- I Cache
- Server Meshing
- Quantum
- Vulcan improvements coming.

And they will, eventuality!.

Star Citizen is not about 'game-play' or ships promised. It's ALPHA and it's all about lining the ducks up, all that TECH above developing the tools getting it working on your PC and the back-end. The highs and lows, the roller-coaster ride we are all on, is part of the course, getting the most ambitious Space Sim game EVER! , up and running. It's going to be years citizens YEARS! , and the roadmap will change depending what can be done and what can't be done, given the skill needed, the tech, and money available.

Hold the course, citizens!. Steer the bow into any storm on the horizon, grit your teeth, and enjoy the ride. for one day, the future will arrive :slightly_smiling_face:

marumaru
May 20, 2013

well that settles it then

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Star Citizen: Go play something else and stop being a burden to the community

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

The weird proof of life tweet just hit 1k likes, I am so stoked to see their video

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

marumaru posted:

well that settles it then

Bit odd to get a notification that sandi liked my tweet :lol:

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Sarsapariller posted:

Lol. Why even have fighters in the game when haulers are just as good at fighting and can do other things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marumaru
May 20, 2013

mkvltra posted:

The weird proof of life tweet just hit 1k likes, I am so stoked to see their video

only 1 of Sandi's hands are ever visible on frame
chris has the biggest smile and it just won't come off his face