Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

cage-free egghead posted:

Haven’t people been waiting for BTC to implode for like 10 years now?

yes, but to be fair it has imploded multiple times in those 10 years, with one of those implosions being directly caused by a goon's post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Ad by Khad posted:

yes, but to be fair it has imploded multiple times in those 10 years, with one of those implosions being directly caused by a goon's post
You mean the post about

:siren: BITCOIN CRASHING - SELL IT ALL NOW :siren:

? Or was it another post?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

xtal posted:

Has anyone ever noticed that this thread loves to celebrate oppressive regimes when they're on their side? Even if it's for totally different purposes?

Good things are good, even when they are done for bad reasons.
Bad things are bad, even when they are done for good reasons.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Facebook Aunt posted:

Good things are good, even when they are done for bad reasons.
Bad things are bad, even when they are done for good reasons.

Ignore xtal and move on. He doesn't actually have any beliefs he'll ever try to defend here, which basically makes his posting indistinguishable from pretty much anyone on the alt-right.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Is there a reason people are referring to a certain east Asian superpower as a seed or am I just too high

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

titty_baby_ posted:

Is there a reason people are referring to a certain east Asian superpower as a seed or am I just too high

Chia like the chia pets

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

I orphaned his children. I widowed his wife.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Nessus posted:

You mean the post about

:siren: BITCOIN CRASHING - SELL IT ALL NOW :siren:

? Or was it another post?

it was "BITCOIN IS CRASHING SELL SELL SELL", yes

scopes
Jun 5, 2004
That's hilarious, when was that and what was time price drop?

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

It was the very first peak at $31, in 2011. The selloff that triggered the plunge was caused by a goon going from this thread, to the bitcoin forum, and making a thread with that title

The lowest point it plunged to after that crash was two bucks

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Then that goon hoovered up $2 dollar bitcoins and grew up to be Seraph.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Hello Sailor posted:

Ignore xtal and move on. He doesn't actually have any beliefs he'll ever try to defend here, which basically makes his posting indistinguishable from pretty much anyone on the alt-right.

^
That's bait

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Ad by Khad posted:

It was the very first peak at $31, in 2011. The selloff that triggered the plunge was caused by a goon going from this thread, to the bitcoin forum, and making a thread with that title

The lowest point it plunged to after that crash was two bucks

As I’ve said previously, goons think too highly of themselves and their importance. That Post was made when the price was already declining, and there was no immediate selloff to correlate with that post.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

ymgve posted:

As I’ve said previously, goons think too highly of themselves and their importance. That Post was made when the price was already declining, and there was no immediate selloff to correlate with that post.

Indubitably.

As I’ve said previously, butt. And coins. Butt coins.

Again, as I’ve said previously.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

tehinternet posted:

Indubitably.

As I’ve said previously, butt. And coins. Butt coins.

Again, as I’ve said previously.

I appreciate you clearing that up!

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

goodog posted:

Attempts to crack down on bitcoin mining in the United States are going to resemble their other culture wars.

There'll be an aftermarket in ways to disguise your rig and exploit loopholes, and some people will start mining just to spite liberals and the government. There'll be custom rigs with smokestacks that waste more electricity for no reason. You can buy GPUs with the Bill of Rights engraved on them. Red states will advertise their cheap electricity prices and bitcoin-friendly policies. California will ban internet cafes. A bitcoin farm will catch fire and burn down a suburban tract, and nothing will be done about because that's the price of freedom.

Just like making meth!

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Lol

the last signal...
Apr 16, 2009

elon how could you

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

the last signal... posted:

elon how could you

The 1-year chart is pretty hype, too...

A whole lot of the folks who bought in with their stimmies are underwater now.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
You know whose really getting cucked rn? Chuds living in Chud states like Texas where they took away benefits so they can’t buy the dip

It’s okay the dip was from New York City anyway

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

Sorry, I was testing liquidity

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
BITCOIN IS CRASHING SELL SELL SELL

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

xtal posted:

BITCOIN IS CRASHING SELL SELL SELL

This but unironically

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Guys is this a good time to buy in

the last signal...
Apr 16, 2009

busalover posted:

Guys is this a good time to buy in

last chance before 100k!!!!

*sells bitcoin*

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

https://twitter.com/Zesty_Fedora/status/1395763041963282435?s=20

:lol: "Hodl and buy the dip(s) even if its painful." :lol:

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

"They want to take your coins from you!" while talking about no coiners. :allears:

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

ymgve posted:

didnt ask.

the previous time someone tried to interject this someone in this thread broke down the events of that day and it looked pretty true to me

you know what goons had an indisputably important role in, you buzzkill? knocking the phone off the couch.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Phone off the couch...?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

The Bruce "Pattaya is a perfectly reasonable place to have a buttcoin conference" Wagner saga should never die.

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
how long does it have to drop like this for it to be considered hyperinflation? I'm imagining some guy buying a loaf of bread with a wheelbarrow full of cold storage coins and lolling

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

*taps head* how could bitcoin have inflation when you can't buy things with it

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
It's not that Bitcoin is losing value, but the dollar is getting stronger. Thanks OBiden

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

It looks like another 500 million Tethers got printed today. Any chance that plays into the crypto slump/correction/crash? Or is that just a daily thing now?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Normally a tether print like that is meant to rescue the bitcoin price, but Xe.com is still showing it down ~10% over 12h. How long does it usually take for tether to convert their number into hot air?

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

Orvin posted:

It looks like another 500 million Tethers got printed today. Any chance that plays into the crypto slump/correction/crash? Or is that just a daily thing now?

It will be used to try to stop today's slide. I would say stop the panic, but running for the exits screaming full tilt is the only rational thing to do at this point.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

dick wizard posted:

how long does it have to drop like this for it to be considered hyperinflation? I'm imagining some guy buying a loaf of bread with a wheelbarrow full of cold storage coins and lolling
It can never be hyperinflation or unstable, because of my ideological priors.

lol, number go down.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I would really like to see the distribution for average miner fee vs buttcoin price. If miners cover price drops by upping the minimum fee Q they'll accept, that leads me to believe there's a price P where if a wallet has less than Q BTC it can never sell out.

Is that the Frisbee on the roof scenario, or some variant of it?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

china banning bitcoin is, you guessed it, actually good for bitcoin

https://twitter.com/michael_saylor/status/1395794942295953410?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
I need someone who is good at technical analysis to help me identify this pattern