Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Atrocious Joe posted:

I wonder if Lightfoot made the announcement because the leak emails showed her staff were only mostly concerned with Fran Spielman and Greg Hinz when it came to reporters, and gave them preferential treatment.

probably. its an entirely symbolic move, it's restricted just to interviews about her 2nd anniversary in office. it looks like it was just supposed to toss a favor to the very few minority reporters in the city for one day, and all the orgs flipped their poo poo about it anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1395762811188436997

It's cool that dems tell you that it's VERY IMPORTANT to vote for them because of the SCOTUS and then act like they don't give a poo poo and are fine with chuds controlling it forever.

don't worry there's a committee to look at expanding the court

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Nichael posted:

don't worry there's a committee to look at expanding the court

4 years later, the report is just a single page with the message "Nah, dawg, that's whack" written in comic sans

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

probably. its an entirely symbolic move, it's restricted just to interviews about her 2nd anniversary in office. it looks like it was just supposed to toss a favor to the very few minority reporters in the city for one day, and all the orgs flipped their poo poo about it anyways

finding out Gregg Pratt was latino is funny

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Manager Hoyden posted:

Haha jesus

I wouldn't have thought objecting to a genocide would be considered antisemitic but here we are

It has been since everytime a genocide is compared to the holocaust a bunch of zionist start screaming about anti-semitisim as if the holocaust was exclusively a jewish genocide.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Manager Hoyden posted:

Haha jesus

I wouldn't have thought objecting to a genocide would be considered antisemitic but here we are

https://twitter.com/StopAntisemites/status/1395733410195427331?s=20

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

That's wonderfully vague of her and I guess I could go down a Google hole of what's contraindicated with janz syndrome but like maybe she just needs to get high and chill the gently caress

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Are all these accounts run by horny hasbara teens?

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Lib and let die posted:

That's wonderfully vague of her and I guess I could go down a Google hole of what's contraindicated with janz syndrome but like maybe she just needs to get high and chill the gently caress

Or maybe just trust that someone with a debilitating condition has worked with their doctor to find the best course of treatment and done their own research? tf is wrong with you

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Asproigerosis posted:

So was that old tora thing about Jews shall never have a country of their own and must live in harmony all across the world just a suggestion or what?
sacred religious texts tend to be a CYOA thing

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Asproigerosis posted:

So was that old tora thing about Jews shall never have a country of their own and must live in harmony all across the world just a suggestion or what?

God was very cool with biblical era jews doing loads of genocides.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

mcmagic posted:

God was very cool with biblical era jews doing loads of genocides.

One time he got mad at them for not doing a genocide

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1395762811188436997

It's cool that dems tell you that it's VERY IMPORTANT to vote for them because of the SCOTUS and then act like they don't give a poo poo and are fine with chuds controlling it forever.
couldnt they simply just have the justice retire right now just like sandra day o'connor did and ---

oh wait it's almost like theyre completely cool with supreme chudges

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

camoseven posted:

tf is wrong with you

hoo boy.

bold and cool of you to presume an epileptic is wholly ignorant about seizures though

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lol

https://twitter.com/AlexeiArora/status/1395784253108101130

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

camoseven posted:

Or maybe just trust that someone with a debilitating condition has worked with their doctor to find the best course of treatment and done their own research? tf is wrong with you

Pretty sure weed cures everything bro

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I mean also I can understand why somebody with two children younger than school age might not want to be dependent on a mind-altering substance which would seriously impact their ability to parent, but yeah we should probably assume that she is more familiar with her own disability than we are and has reasons for her decisions

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

jesus gently caress Lightfoot started this bullshit so she can say she's "anti-racist," while literally no concessions have been made on police reform. I'm not talking about defunding or abolition, Lightfoot hasn't even offered bullshit reforms even after the protests of last summer. Adam Toldedo's killer is still a cop, and I believe is back on the street policing. Same with the killer cop who shot Anthony Alvarez.

bigots are generally too stupid to understand performative opposition

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

PostNouveau posted:

Pretty sure weed cures everything bro

But what if you overdose

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

But what if you overdose

*doctor bees voice* another dose of WEED should solve this problem

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

But what if you overdose

won't happen unless you inject at least three whole marijuanas

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yinlock posted:

bigots are generally too stupid to understand performative opposition

Drawing this distinction would actually run counter to their goals and so they are very invested in missing it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1395790089310064651

shock

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

it hasn't been even 6 months and trump can already be put on "miss me yet?" memes

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Oh I can't believe how could this etc.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

loquacius posted:

Liz's traditional direct response to this one is, unfortunately, a big downer

https://twitter.com/ebruenig/status/1395759790715031552

Me too!

It's called being forced to work myself to death to not starve in the street

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Could you please not be so impatient. He had to solve covid and cut child poverty in half first

These things take time

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My favorite is that legalizing weed wouldn't even cost him any money and his only response to people following up with him about that has been "eh, nah"

like, he just straight-up said "I don't really give a poo poo about that"

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

*Scrapping sounds as brain matter contorts into new configuration*

"This is an excellent move because..."

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

loquacius posted:

My favorite is that legalizing weed wouldn't even cost him any money and his only response to people following up with him about that has been "eh, nah"

Same with student loans. He can do it at any time without any budget impact or vote in congress and the answer is just "gently caress you"

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
reducing inmate numbers would be an economic hardship too far for Biden.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

loquacius posted:

I mean also I can understand why somebody with two children younger than school age might not want to be dependent on a mind-altering substance which would seriously impact their ability to parent, but yeah we should probably assume that she is more familiar with her own disability than we are and has reasons for her decisions

Not gonna sit by and watch you call out wine moms in this backhanded way

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It's gonna be cool when Biden is blamed for everyone starting to have to pay their student loans again in september therefore raising taxes on millions of people and hurting the economy.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

wasn't the child tax credit already in the cares act, what more can i get from this

Verus
Jun 3, 2011

AUT INVENIAM VIAM AUT FACIAM

loquacius posted:

every victim of the war on drugs could be freed by the stroke of Biden's pen

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

If Joe Biden makes drug criminals free

How will Hunter know how lucky he is?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

loquacius posted:

biden's supporters love twisting themselves into knots to explain every non-move as a political masterstroke when the answer is always, always "he doesn't want to"

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Biden just expended his political capital on staying Netanyahu's hand, as the left demanded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

loquacius posted:

Legal weed would make the government so much money too lmao