Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

ThaumPenguin posted:

He also used to be an active goon and made several screenshot let's plays, most notably House Hohenzollern Rising,
:helladid:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

That and he did a DLC or two in EU4 that were also really well received and well done.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

It's a shame that that LP would be impossible to put in the LP archive without having someone write a narrative of the voting sessions (otherwise you miss the story of how that emote happened).

The other thing I remember Wiz doing was making parody mods for EU3, like one that gave whatever country you picked absurd modifiers and cores "to reflect [insert country tag]'s proud national spirit and what almost came to pass!"...unless it was an African nation since according to EU3 no one lived in Africa in the 1400s.

Anyway, why were goons saying that Wiz was racist?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SirPhoebos posted:

It's a shame that that LP would be impossible to put in the LP archive without having someone write a narrative of the voting sessions (otherwise you miss the story of how that emote happened).

The other thing I remember Wiz doing was making parody mods for EU3, like one that gave whatever country you picked absurd modifiers and cores "to reflect [insert country tag]'s proud national spirit and what almost came to pass!"...unless it was an African nation since according to EU3 no one lived in Africa in the 1400s.

Anyway, why were goons saying that Wiz was racist?

Was Wiz who made the mod where every province below Hungary was merged into one single wasteland province called "Balkans"?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Kennel posted:

Which games has Wiz worked on?

He basically saved Stellaris after it launched as a bit of a mess mechanically. He was the one who decided to consolidate all travel to hyperlanes, change all the ethics mechanics to be more sensible, re-worked fleets, etc.

Stellaris would probably be a dead game without that 2.0 patch.

Iirc he also did some work on CK2 prior to being moved to this "secret project". He also is a goon and made an amazing LP with lots of mods and wrote CK2+ which got most of its ideas integrated into CK2 proper.

He's got a good eye for making engaging/fun designs and I trust him to do Vicky justice.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Eimi posted:

I wish that's all it was. :smith:

Like the most concise way I can sum up my feelings on it, it gives you an incredible set of roleplaying tools, while giving you no context or detail on the world you use them in.

ya i feel you. Perhaps in a few years and a dozen dlcs i'll feel different but atm ck2 still feels a lot more fun (and remotely interested in its historical setting) to me

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

not to mention wiz was heavily involved in the transition from eu3 to eu4

basically there's a point for each paradox franchise other than HoI where the quality markedly improved, and wiz was usually on the team when it happened

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

The announcement is about to happen, no? Anyone got a link to the stream?

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Bold Robot posted:

The announcement is about to happen, no? Anyone got a link to the stream?

https://twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Paradox is incapable of directly beaming the announcement to my brain. This is a bad start.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
It's been three minutes. That's 180 seconds! Come on already.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 minutes!
so they're adding VR to ck3??

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Hmm, the stage seems to be medieval themed? Victoria III starts with the Norman Conquest?

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
ck4!!

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm not sure if I laugh or cry if Vic 3 isn't announced.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Lmao if it's vr CK3

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Plot twist: Empire of Sin has replaced Viky 3

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Has anyone actually played Empire of Sin?

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

You know what else was an empire of sin? The British Empire

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Mans posted:

Has anyone actually played Empire of Sin?

i have a few hours in it and it was really bad

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

empire of sin? oh you mean napoleons empire? march of the eagles 2 motherfuckers.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

BOOOOO

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Looks like they announced the CK3 DLC, Royal Court. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvid3edWqcg

Won't lie this is not the expansion I was hoping for :smith:

e: that said the Hybrid Culture thing is so badly needed:

https://www.cbr.com/crusader-kings-iii-royal-court-expansion/ posted:

Paradox Interactive also teased more information on how Royal Court expands on the game's existing culture systems. Hybrid Cultures let players "make the most of a multicultural realm, developing a new way of life that is specifically adapted to your population and geography," while Cultural Divergence involves splitting from traditional culture and "adapting it into something new that better fits your aspirations."

There's no current release date for the Royal Court expansion but Paradox Interactive has promised that it will arrive alongside a free major update that will also include a new culture interface.

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 19:18 on May 21, 2021

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

How is Empire of Sin at PDXcon but Imperator Rome in suspended development? That game is deader than Imperator

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Ebba is trying really hard and I am glad she is gunning the studio

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

DelilahFlowers posted:

How is Empire of Sin at PD con but imperator Rome in suspended development? That game is deader than imperator

They aren't developing it themselves

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Paradox is really into these meaningless trailers that don’t tell you anything.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.

DelilahFlowers posted:

How is Empire of Sin at PDXcon but Imperator Rome in suspended development? That game is deader than Imperator

Is it made my paradox or just published by them?

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

They aren't developing it themselves

Yeah that makes sense. Just a bit antsy rn. Wanna see the new game announcement already!!!

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Mokotow posted:

To be fair, it's hard to make a trailer about something that will mostly amount to a new menu tab.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Demon_Corsair posted:

Just published, it's made by John Romero's newish studio.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist

Demon_Corsair posted:

Only published, it's made by Romero Games and they are about to make you their bitch.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Mokotow posted:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Big fan of HoI4 being made to have a large modding scene.

You succeeded, game director man, beyond your wildest dreams.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

It really doesnt feel like its been 5 years since HOI4s release.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

NO STEP BACK.

Really. That's the name.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
5 years until Soviets got an expansion lmao (at least they are doing it gj).

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Ok, they need to fire whoever is responsible for not naming the new HoI4 dlc "Five Year Plan"

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It only took five years until the USSR got a new mission tree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Well that’s an odd sounding name.