Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Lube Enthusiast posted:

lol you don’t get xp in the new power grab warzone mode

e: correction, you don’t get xp in any warzone mode. gj devs
Confirmed.
MW just went from getting Double XP since this season started to absolutely gently caress-all now.

Also, the patch wiped out every setting I fine-tuned at least on PS4.
Fantastic, because of course I have every single controller/audio/visual setting memorized and can easily put them back to a workable way. :bahgawd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Y'know, with this patch especially, I have to wonder how much animosity Activision has for the whole mess they've created with Raven/Treyarch/Infinity Ward, and vice versa.

Every single patch is more of a disaster than last.

But hey at least we got John McClane and Nakatomi Plaza out of it. Power Grab is actually pretty fun.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Two days later I think I’ve finally got everything installed to play this dumb game again

Does anyone else have the issue with high res text pack 2 being downloaded and installed but the game says it’s not there??

I deleted it and installed it again but it says the same thing.

Edit : gently caress! Now it’s saying 2 is installed but 3 isn’t? What kinda garbage is this? I’m just not going to deal with it.

It also said the multiplayer wasn’t installed so I had to quit the game and reboot it for that to work.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 20:00 on May 20, 2021

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
As a Zombies mode player the giant stomping around the outbreak mode is pretty awesome. Takes a lot to bring him down and drops some sweet loot when you do!

Some nice QoL improvements, the guns feel a bit more punchy and the map highlights the various mission things in orange now so they stick out better. Cranked on Firebase Z is intense as well!

One of the event goals is to win 3 maps on the "80s playlist" but I don't see an 80s playlist on multiplayer, anyone know what's up with that?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FYI

https://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/t/15040117

Edit you can buy multiple I guess.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 23:59 on May 20, 2021

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Lmao watched a bit of a jackfrags stream and the random mcclane quotes sound so bad.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Gonna take the advice and reinstall this poo poo. I'm just going to go through the trouble of moving the loving thing next to my modem and plugging in directly. gently caress doing all that mess wirelessly.

I've never had such a fear that I wouldn't be able to reinstall something I've owned before. Maybe it's the missing 4k CP that did it to me.

They might actually get some money out of me. A ridiculous skin pack for $10? I can handle that. $24? Hell naw.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

MarcusSA posted:

Does anyone else have the issue with high res text pack 2 being downloaded and installed but the game says it’s not there??.

Yep. Right down to the “reinstalled everything but now 3 apparently isn’t installed” issue.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Yep. Right down to the “reinstalled everything but now 3 apparently isn’t installed” issue.

I just give up. My old rear end eyes probably can’t tell the difference anyway.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I dunno if MP is just extra sweaty lately or I am having a slow motion stroke or something because holy poo poo it is loving brutal now and I am not having any fun at all.

Why can’t I just play the shoot mans game and have fun :sigh:

Even getting clowned on in matches repeatedly it puts me in with 360 noscopers, gently caress this poo poo.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Was able to make this work using my cell. $20 turned into 4800CP? That's an exchange rate I can live with.

But I will sure as gently caress not load them onto my account until I'm drat well ready to use them.

Time to find the most garish thing possible. Ooooh, I might get to have finally have tracers!!!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I installed the hires packs and only the guns look any better to me which is ludicrous for 20gb or whatever the gently caress. Am I blind?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

priznat posted:

I dunno if MP is just extra sweaty lately or I am having a slow motion stroke or something because holy poo poo it is loving brutal now and I am not having any fun at all.

Even getting clowned on in matches repeatedly it puts me in with 360 noscopers, gently caress this poo poo.

Modern warfare? The low hanging fruit players move with the latest titles so you end up with saunas after a few months.

Basically can't win a match unless we are 50+% of the team.

Lots of short SPR builds, rose skins and slide/jumpers.

Orv
May 4, 2011

priznat posted:

Like Laserface says, the only people still playing MW are nightmare creatures made of pure aim and salt. CW is a lot chiller, though that's scheduled to go out the window in a few months here too.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

No this is CW and I think I was just real tired and moving in slo mo last night. I do wish after getting rocked for a couple matches it would drop me in a toddler lobby where I would be a little competitive though :haw:

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I wouldn't be surprised if Warzone being good again has cannibalized CW's player base as well

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

I've had no problem getting full lobbies of the right skill level in CW right now. I think the thing may be the event just started so everyone is playing the event playlist which has thinned out the others.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

municipal shrimp posted:

I've had no problem getting full lobbies of the right skill level in CW right now. I think the thing may be the event just started so everyone is playing the event playlist which has thinned out the others.

Where is the 80s action hero event playlist, I was trying to figure that out!

Does it only open up if I buy the die hard or rambo pack?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

priznat posted:

Where is the 80s action hero event playlist, I was trying to figure that out!

Does it only open up if I buy the die hard or rambo pack?

The specific 80's playlist is called, "Die Hardpoint." It wasn't appearing for me until an update happened, so I'd double check any pending updates.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’ve been trying to play a gun fight match for like 15 min now and it keeps timing out….

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Are there any good new plunder like (ie respawning) modes in warzone with this update?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The menu says there is a free bundle in the war zone section but I’ve scrolled like 10 times and I don’t see the drat thing.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

priznat posted:

Are there any good new plunder like (ie respawning) modes in warzone with this update?

Yes

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

MarcusSA posted:

The menu says there is a free bundle in the war zone section but I’ve scrolled like 10 times and I don’t see the drat thing.

I saw a new thing under the weapons tab called "purchase locker" or something, check there

Or the store

priznat posted:

Yeah, Power Grab is kinda like Kill Confirmed, you pick up people's tags to get rewards, including respawn tokens.

You start the game with one, and chests drop tags too.

It is a pretty baller mode.

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.

priznat posted:

There is rebirth resurgence trios in the playlist right now. My favorite mode is the deathmatch mode with the constantly moving circle.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I was playing a plunder match earlier and why don’t the quests update when as you do them?

This is on the series x so I dunno if it’s different on other platforms.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I somehow already had the free bundle offered today.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

RCarr posted:

Maybe that’s what it is because I looked 15 times and didn’t find it.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

MarcusSA posted:

MarcusSA posted:

Maybe that’s what it is because I looked 15 times and didn’t find it.

Happens to me all the time.

With all the poo poo they have in the game, you'd think they would toss around free bundles more often. Keep people logging in.

At least MW has daily quests that occasionally have a cool charm, unlike CW. Points don't mean poo poo when the pass is maxed out and the Prestige Icons look like they were designed by an edgy ten year old.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

RCarr posted:

Free bundles are weird. There's a fixed number but not everyone gets offered a free bundle at the same time and often different people get offered different bundles. So sometimes you get offered a bundle you already have and it just never shows up in the store. It definitely feels like an after-effect of trying to make everything in the store feel artificially limited so you feel compelled to buy it when it's available rather than wait.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Is the ballistic knife worth getting? The unlock requirements aren't that tough, but warzone seems a little shakey on what it considers a "1 shot 1 kill"

It'd also looking like plunder wants me to play out the whole match for it to count.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

It's only a 1 shot kill on headshot so no

sean_bateman
Feb 27, 2012

glug.gif
Not worth unlocking. Pick Tactical Knife for your loadout lethal option, get way more out of it.

Orv
May 4, 2011
It is if you play HC! :yayclod:

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Robnoxious posted:

Confirmed.
MW just went from getting Double XP since this season started to absolutely gently caress-all now.

Also, the patch wiped out every setting I fine-tuned at least on PS4.
Fantastic, because of course I have every single controller/audio/visual setting memorized and can easily put them back to a workable way. :bahgawd:

Could be worse, I have to stay on one very specific version of the driver for my 980ti or else Zombies (and only Zombies) crashes.

Warzone and MW are a completely different engine, too. CoD's technical debt is worse than loving Frostbite.

Orv
May 4, 2011
It's possible to have an old, continually upgraded engine be good and honestly what IW et al have accomplished with a twenty year old engine is really impressive. It is really goddamn funny how often stims keep breaking though.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea the problem is every patch there’s 3 game breaking bugs that are intoduced, as well as 3 guns that will beat every single other gun in a firefight.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

RCarr posted:

Yea the problem is every patch there’s 3 game breaking bugs that are intoduced, as well as 3 guns that will beat every single other gun in a firefight.

Unlocked the Gold X13, which looks better than the Gold Fennec. But I'm not going through that Obsidian slog again.

I still cannot wrap my head around unlocking Damascus, or even Platinum. Even if they had a "Nothing but Container Level Hardpoint" 24/7 it would take so much time. I don't think I had that much time to burn when I was twelve.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Captain Log posted:

Unlocked the Gold X13, which looks better than the Gold Fennec. But I'm not going through that Obsidian slog again.

I still cannot wrap my head around unlocking Damascus, or even Platinum. Even if they had a "Nothing but Container Level Hardpoint" 24/7 it would take so much time. I don't think I had that much time to burn when I was twelve.

ehh I finished damascus recently, but I've been playing since the beginning.

I had 90% of it done just by playing, the only things that took any effort were mount/no attachment kills and then launcher/shield/knife; mount/no attach I started doing while leveling guns a while ago so it wasn't bad.

Launchers are a bitch and took actual concerted effort to gold, shield isn't bad because someone will be nice and feed you kills, knife is fairly easy.

Damascus just requires you to gold every base gun, not every gun in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Damascus wasn’t that bad, the worst part was getting longshots. Getting owned over and over on shoothouse grew old.