Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Empty Sandwich posted:

not strictly relevant but I feel as though we've got something of a garf clearinghouse here

what the heck happened to jim davis' hand? Did garf chop it off with the hatchet he's holding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
indeed

and ill ship a big cow lasagna/e to whoever paints nathen'!s beard and jacket over he jim davis statue

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Meat Wagon posted:

what the heck happened to jim davis' hand? Did garf chop it off with the hatchet he's holding?

The left hand was stolen by Nathen a Garfield fetishist for tuggin' puposes.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
#wood2wood stranger

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

steinrokkan posted:

Jim Davis is extremely good and talented at his life's passion - it jus happens to be marketing, not cartoons, which is sommething he will readily admit himself.

Also, it wasn't made by the kids, the children just chose Garfield as the biggest local celebrity they could think of.

Thanks for explaining, I definitely mistakenly believed that a bunch of 9 year olds carved that and thankfully now I know better, I can only imagine the horrors that might’ve occurred if I continued on in my bumbling way.

Also, no, he is poo poo at marketing, he’s just lucky.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

pseudanonymous posted:

Thanks for explaining, I definitely mistakenly believed that a bunch of 9 year olds carved that and thankfully now I know better, I can only imagine the horrors that might’ve occurred if I continued on in my bumbling way.

Also, no, he is poo poo at marketing, he’s just lucky.

No problem, you are welcome.

On the other hand, Jim Davis turned world's worst cartoon into a global phenomenon, that's not just random luck.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Reminder that Jim Davis lives very close to the studio where Bob Ross filmed all his shows, demonstrating that the universe is simultaneously kind and deeply cruel.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

steinrokkan posted:

Jim Davis is extremely good and talented at his life's passion - it jus happens to be marketing, not cartoons, which is sommething he will readily admit himself.

So he's the boomer predecessor to the Oatmeal guy

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

BigBadSteve posted:

What is the penis-like object mutant Garfield is holding?

A tomahawk for scalping meddling grocers

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

steinrokkan posted:

Also, it wasn't made by the kids, the children just chose Garfield as the biggest local celebrity they could think of.

Indiana's very own David Letterman gets the shaft yet again!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I don't believe this for a second

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1395828156146257927

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
Looks like daddy gave Nathan some fun money.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
And this is why we must never stop relentlessly mocking this man.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

This reads that Garfield deserves to tel Ewan Gotfryd's story.

necroid
May 14, 2009

didn't watch but lol if it's a big budget production in the hands of nathen

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Has anyone heard of this Ewan Gotfryd guy? According to IMDB, he won a regional Emmy award in 2015 for “Best Director - Live or Recorded Live”. However, when I go to NATAS Michigan’s site, their 2015 award winner for that category doesn’t list him at all. Even to account for off-by-one errors, he’s not the winner in 2014 or 2016 either.

I’m not sure what the “etiquette” is around listing yourself as a winner of a production you’re an extremely small part of, but it seems like that’s what he does. For example, I don’t know that I’d list myself as the winner of a regional Emmy for a concert recording when my involvement didn’t even warrant an IMDB credit, or a Sundance award winner for some uncredited relationship to a documentary about Elmo. He was a credited field producer for a Michael Moore film that picked up a few awards, and he seems to have a short film that generated some buzz, but that regional Emmy is doing a lot of heavy lifting.

Possible this guy has a lot in common with another fabulist we know.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Blue Moonlight posted:

Has anyone heard of this Ewan Gotfryd guy? According to IMDB, he won a regional Emmy award in 2015 for “Best Director - Live or Recorded Live”. However, when I go to NATAS Michigan’s site, their 2015 award winner for that category doesn’t list him at all. Even to account for off-by-one errors, he’s not the winner in 2014 or 2016 either.

I’m not sure what the “etiquette” is around listing yourself as a winner of a production you’re an extremely small part of, but it seems like that’s what he does. For example, I don’t know that I’d list myself as the winner of a regional Emmy for a concert recording when my involvement didn’t even warrant an IMDB credit, or a Sundance award winner for some uncredited relationship to a documentary about Elmo. He was a credited field producer for a Michael Moore film that picked up a few awards, and he seems to have a short film that generated some buzz, but that regional Emmy is doing a lot of heavy lifting.

Yeah I think all these words might be why you're not an emmy winner and why you're not about to be the.. star? Producer? Somehow involved? In a feature film that's never going to exist.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ha, I went on the exact same path you did the second I saw 'Emmy winning' thrown around in his bio a whole bunch. Nothing he's even listed as directing in 2015 looks remotely considerable for that award.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Blue Moonlight posted:

I am impressed that Nathen found a man who clicks so well with the Garfield Eats brand.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
When I saw the post, I figured this must be a documentary about Garfield or something. And then I watched the video:

“Nathen Mazri, who’s kept the brand alive for so long”…?

Does Ewan know anything about Garf? Does he know his source material? Or is this just the slapdash-worst type of work-for-hire finding?

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
I assume Ewan, much like Nathen, has access to a large amount of father's money and is eager to shove it in the garf pit

Their ship name would be Nathew or Ewthen.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

BigBadSteve posted:

What is the penis-like object mutant Garfield is holding?

The sign says 'Jim Davis'.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Honestly though it looks like a crude Lombardi Trophy but I have no idea how or why that'd be involved.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Thread never dies.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Here's a pretty scathing article about Nathen Mazri's cartoon character food businesses, written in early March. "The immensely stupid story of Garfield EATS and the founder who learned little." Not much in it we didn't already know, but it's a good read:
https://medium.com/fan-fare/garfield-eats-dumb-business-meme-marketing-nathen-mazri-lessons-in-ego-2ecd25dccb7c

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 12:56 on May 22, 2021

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I love how the author spends the entire article dunking on Nathen and then inexplicably closes with

quote:

If he applies this talent to the food market again, he may damage his business reputation permanently. If he uses it wisely, he can become a figurehead in his niche, revolutionize the industry of collectibles, and have a functional business for years to come.

:psyduck:

Also lol that the article constantly refers to Garfield Eats as “they”. It’s just Nathen.

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD

Frank Frank posted:

Also lol that the article constantly refers to Garfield Eats as “they”. It’s just Nathen.

Nathen and his best friend Garfield, obviously. None of this could have happened without him

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

"About a year ago, [Nathen Mazri] penned an article for Medium titled “Google Reviews Destroy Young Entrepreneurship” in which he goes off about his potential to be the next Steve Jobs"

Can't, like, anyone write and publish something on Medium? That sentence makes it sound like it's an actual publication with editorial oversight, when it might as well be "Nathen Mazri posted something vaguely think-pieceish to his LiveJournal."

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

Pastry of the Year posted:

Can't, like, anyone write and publish something on Medium? That sentence makes it sound like it's an actual publication with editorial oversight, when it might as well be "Nathen Mazri posted something vaguely think-pieceish to his LiveJournal."

Yeah, Medium is a site where anyone can sign up and just start writing unvetted articles. :shrug: There are some folks like Barack Obama who post there which might lend it a veneer of legitimacy to Nathen

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pastry of the Year posted:

Anyone Can Write Anything On Medium.com So Please Consider My Opinion.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Frank Frank posted:

I love how the author spends the entire article dunking on Nathen and then inexplicably closes with

:psyduck:

Sounds like Nathan is a land of contrasts

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

congratulations and god's blessings to goku from all of us here at the something awful forums

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

This is from a reddit thread making fun of Nathan:

quote:

TAKE IT FROM ME... FOLLOWED NATHEN FOR 3 YEARS. EVEN MET HIM ONCE. AHHHHH-MAZING BRAND GURU...oh, crazy funny too 😆

Wow ... never knew Nathen Mazri was also mentioned underground...My god this guy has effect on people from Hollywood executives to lunatics and idiots hiding away. Loooooooove this guy ... I mean you gotta give it to him ... first father money is BS. Father gave him experience and Pascal is his cofounding investor. Its in every article and i watched them together and its in the Incorporation files. Yup i know.

Pascal is Austrian not arab. Nathen is half quebecois ... racist much 🙄😒 who gives a gently caress... love em both... both hot too. Pascal looks like Armie Hammer. 😉

Screenshot from his IG stories. Follow and love

NATHEN started a brand new concept helping Hollywood licensing managers get a foot in the food industry in a big way and bringing Garfield back after more than 12 years. Nathen started an amazing restaurant but i admit he had a bad location and evil landlord as i read from his IG stories and Narcity and his Indian operations manager who flew to India and cared less about service and consistency when Nathen did... he's OCD afterall...he had bad people around him. But he did close because He decided to close and go retail. Better! He showed us his statements on his stories... paid and never overdue like BLOGTO liars... never trusted them for even my brunch. Hahaha

He always said death to QSR and brick and mortars not only due to Covid19 but years ago on Entrepreneur magazine. Read it on Communicate Magazine also. He takes risks. He is sooo wise. BlogTO lousy reporter Amy Loves bashing new restaurants with no 2nd chance which gives her highest readership unless they pay $3000 plus for advertising ... I worked in PR in the food industry all my life. I read his amazing article Google Reviews destroy young entrepreneurship where GE resto goes up to 4.5 then down to 3 because of rats and haters who gave 1 star and wrote it should be bugs bunny eats. Jeeez. Not relevant at all. This guy had pressure and death threats in postcards from USA (he showed us on IG) but he still kept going and sold sold sold and landedfranchisees in London in 6 months(naturally it takes 6 stores to land 1 franchisee). I even saw his manuals at his restaurant (sooo detailed) and i went there to london ... lovely family 👪 but COVID really hurt everyone. Same amazing taste. But Now i can actually get my lasagna from nearest grocery for pickup not having to drive miles away...

Retail and grocery store and grocery app like Instacart... that's the future. Closing was a great business decision for success because he knew how to save the brand and bring revenue from drop shipping quickly on https://www.garfieldeats.com

I followed this guy for 3 years and booked him on Cameo. I love this guy. He is honest cares about farm2plate with no funny business ingredients like gelatin gum and preservatives and poo poo in our food. Farmers love him in Ontario especially in Orangeville. He cares and has a huge heart. His food is delicious . I have it on my couch his GarfieldEATS lasagna and netflix ...omg 😋 addictive. Easy to put in oven and its all fresh natural ... 30mins my dinner is ready. 🤪🤪🤪🤪

Strange Aeons always has been a BITCH to men especially Nathen who gave her tons of gifts to her parent's mansion in Mississauga for her tricky order for her videos with his own driver (he posted about it) but she is soo dumb she cant even bake hahahha 😂 unappreciative and lives on evil attacks... saw most of her videos.

Craving attention from Nathen but he never lowers himself and I think because he never replied to her attacks. He is tooo noble. He works with Emmy award directors, he wont lower himself to that. Some will hate and some will love. Its fineeeeeeee.

Want a real review by a foodie... watch Ken Domik GarfieldEATS on youtube

Scooby-Doo EATS even better. Smoky hotdogs. Omg yummmm ... also back of box no ingredients because nothing added or tampered with... get your facts straight... jealousy is fatal. Say truth or die now. Hahaha

One thing i can say is I LOVE HIS IG STORIES. MOST ENTERGAGING EVER. Once he appears its a must seeekeepi swear hahah anyeays keep digging, you'll find nothing just risks and businesses and more to come... he is young. until now no failures and if you think they are, you aren't an entrepreneur just living in mama's basement ... any business book or even Elon Musk will tell you...you must fail to succeed. But none for him. GarfieldEATS still alive and lasagnas and merch deliveries still on

Scooby is Disruptive to the Frozen aisle. Coolest packaging for angus burgers. I even met his farmers BTW at his launch. I DMd him and told him ill be there. He had security 1 big man. You feel safe and secure around Nathen though... positive and loving... I wish I loved what I did... fukin hate my job... i did apply though to his company and waiting actually. Ill be mad if he didnt reply though like Strange Aeons ... fuk ... im becoming like the witch. He has an effect to crave for his attention hahah i guess that's why fans say poo poo and he says Hi... people become nice like Odies haha ... nathen shows us screenshots of his DMs that he gets also. He does Like... he may reply . He has a TXT number too on his IG

Cant wait for his 2nd episode love me feed me dont leave me reality show.... OMG funny crazy better than Below the Deck hahahah 😂

I have a hard time believing it's not from the enterganger in chief himself.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

pseudanonymous posted:

This is from a reddit thread making fun of Nathan:
I have a hard time believing it's not from the enterganger in chief himself.

Only narcissists trying to sock puppet themselves have this much to say about anyone. When I want to write about someone I truly admire, it's "she saved my son's life, " or "they worked hard to provide for me what their parents didn't" or "they have amazing children and do so much for our community."

Not, "here's 18 paragraphs about how amazing I they are." A few sentences is all I have to say about people who are saving kids lives, much less people trying to make a buck off of frozen lasagna.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Imagine writing that much about your favorite sports star, video game, or whatever. In that tone. Just try it. No duh it's him.
That's amazing.

"Actually it's totally normal for a person to fly to london and meet the family of the guy you buy your cartoon themed frozen dinner from".

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Definitely NOT Nathen posted:

lovely family 👪 but COVID really hurt everyone. Same amazing taste.

Did Nathen eat a family?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Nathen is still young and figuring it out. Give him a break, everyone!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Escape From Noise posted:

Nathen is still young and figuring it out. Give him a break, everyone!

I don't think I will, actually.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

I don't think I will, actually.

Google Reviews Something Awful destroy young entrepreneurship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I love that not-Nathan remembers the specific details of where in Canada the minor side player Strange Aeons' parents' mansion is (he posted about it, you see)