Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I still can't beat Hush (more than the one time I've already beat him that is), but I do feel like I'm getting way better at general Isaac play than ever before. I remember when I first started I felt Challenges like "Head Trauma" and "Solar System" were nigh impossible to beat, but I managed to do both of them tonight fairly painlessly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I beat Tainted Eden's Level of Random with Tainted Bethany

Converter + D100 I had infinite wisps effecting me and mashing D100 so I'd never know what the gently caress was going on. I beat mother but don't ask me what items I had.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Actually I was misremembering challenge names: Solar System is hell

I did it, but barely. I chaos carded It Lives and I dont even know how the gently caress I got through both womb stages with those restrictions.

Never again.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

PostNouveau posted:

So Shard of Glass just ruins your run now? Why did they do this?

This was a viable J+E Greedier run, Edmund! :argh:

It's pretty good if you have a lot of health containers or any sort of red heart synergy-- every time you take damage it has a 25% chance of spawning a red heart, including the ticks while you're bleeding. I had it with old bandage and fanny pack in one run and I was just able to stand next to bosses and tank their hits while picking up the hearts that dropped, up to and including Delirium. It's not an item that you want to pick up 100% of the time though

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I think it's the actual worst item in the game most of the time.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Sharkitten posted:

I still can't beat Hush (more than the one time I've already beat him that is), but I do feel like I'm getting way better at general Isaac play than ever before. I remember when I first started I felt Challenges like "Head Trauma" and "Solar System" were nigh impossible to beat, but I managed to do both of them tonight fairly painlessly

apparently hush is broken right now so don’t feel too bad about it. it attacks way more often than its supposed to so it’s way harder than intended

watho
Aug 2, 2013

it feels pretty discouraging that two of the super bosses are broken right now and a third one is poorly designed enough to warrant an overhaul. the game still owns but doing those three things feels real bad rn

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
I can't find the post but Edmund said he's gonna nerf Psy Fly

Goddamnit Edmund you fun hating rear end!!

Edit: https://i.redd.it/m3i47kzqif071.jpg

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
AND!

No more special locusts for Tainted Apollyon

https://i.redd.it/hjqipatnsf071.png

"What was added was basically what we wanted to do"

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Edmund, You litte F**ker
You made a poo poo of piece with your trash Issac it’s f**King Bad this trash game I will become back my money I hope you will in your next time a cow on a trash farm you sucker

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Greenplastic posted:

AND!

No more special locusts for Tainted Apollyon

https://i.redd.it/hjqipatnsf071.png

"What was added was basically what we wanted to do"

I was expecting a Psy Fly nerf but this is a real drat shame to hear about. I'm really not a fan of Tainted Apollyon in his current state. He's so dull.

Maybe mods will finish that mission statement.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
I give it an hour after the nerf goes live before there's a "Psy Fly unnerf" mod.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

To be fair Tainted Apollyon can use items and attack normally if he wants to and has a normal hitbox. That means he isn't even in the top 5 worst characters introduced in this expansion.

Speaking of which getting Birthright made the Hot Potato challenge infinitely better. I still wish they'd put these active items in the active item slot so you don't accidentally use poo poo you pick up in the room but it at least makes the character a fun one-note gimmick rather than an awful one.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2491666917

This mod makes picking up an item as Tainted Lazarus give a random item from the same pool to his counterpart and it singlehandedly makes him way more fun. Having no control over what item you're giving the other Lazarus is the perfect amount of zaniness to keep things interesting. There's another T-Lazarus rework mod lets you see the other item and choose whether or not to take it but imo that's giving too much control over it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I downloaded the pog for good items because I'm a bad person.

Also hey finished all the hard mode checks as Jacob and Esau. Goodbye you two! Forever!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I used a mod to clear bloody mary. Got killed by a surprise pin spawning under me in womb II in the first room and just couldn't take it. I don't like one-touch death in Isaac, it makes a fun game into something I find unfun.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
If you don't play with sounds on or don't have good hearing, there's a visual tell mod that adds visual cues to Mom hands and Dog Tooth audio cues.

Also a separate visual hint mod alerting you if Needles and Pasties (mini Pins and mini Frails) are in the room.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I managed to get a Hush/Delirium run down as Tainted Forgotten. I went into Delirium with full hp, the Polaroid, the Wafer, charged Book of Rev, and a strength card I Endless Namelessed twice so I had a massive pile of hp. Still ended with around 6 hearts left.

Offensively I had the Knife, Brimstone, Godhead, and Fruitcake but aside from Fruitcake it barely felt like it mattered other than giving me a pile of damage. My tears rate was trash so Brimstone took 4 actual seconds to charge making it more or less useless against Delirium. Nothing homed or had an aura so I think Godhead's only effect was a damage up. Would have been pretty awesome on any other character but if you're playin Tainted Forgotten I sure hope you like the one playstyle he has.

It was also another run where Duality straight up didn't work half the time. I didn't have The Stairway or red chest teleports or anything to mess with it so I think it was just the alt path entrances screwing it up or something.

Shout out to the Map allowing me to clear floors 6-8 in under seven minutes or I would have been too late for Hush.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
I was just going to get Sheol/Dark Room clears as Tainted Judas to fill out that part of the note, but since I found a half-price Converter on the first floor I just went ahead and knocked out the boss rush, Hush, and Delirium. Beautiful synergy, you just love to see it.

What the hell is the Converter supposed to be, anyway?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

This is really nice. The dog tooth in particular is def hard to hear over any music you're playing outside of Isaac (or even just the game turned down low)

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

goferchan posted:

It's pretty good if you have a lot of health containers or any sort of red heart synergy-- every time you take damage it has a 25% chance of spawning a red heart, including the ticks while you're bleeding. I had it with old bandage and fanny pack in one run and I was just able to stand next to bosses and tank their hits while picking up the hearts that dropped, up to and including Delirium. It's not an item that you want to pick up 100% of the time though

I had candy heart and shard of glass was still a loving disaster

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

so long you shits of piece

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Here's a fun bug, using Genesis as Tainted Forgotten in Greedier mode apparently turned me into the lost. My hearts appeared to be three soul hearts, but picking up items like breakfast or whatever didn't increase them. Then when I exited the genesis room I died to the first damage I took. Cool! I totally would have won that run but whatever. Tainted Forgotten seems to be especially lovely at Greed mode imo.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Coming back to this after last really playing on Vita. Is there any way to unlock real platinum god quickly? I've looked around online and the best I've found of the downloadable saves are
- kinda suss looking
- dead mediafire links
- have Afterbirth+ done, which I don't want, I just want to catch up to where I was on Vita, which I believe was real platinum god.

Is there a cheat to unlock poo poo or does anyone have a save with that and no or little afterbirth or later stuff unlocked?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

A Sometimes Food posted:

Coming back to this after last really playing on Vita. Is there any way to unlock real platinum god quickly? I've looked around online and the best I've found of the downloadable saves are
- kinda suss looking
- dead mediafire links
- have Afterbirth+ done, which I don't want, I just want to catch up to where I was on Vita, which I believe was real platinum god.

Is there a cheat to unlock poo poo or does anyone have a save with that and no or little afterbirth or later stuff unlocked?

Here's a 100% Afterbirth+ save file. They might have one for Rebirth on the same site.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

oh my GOD Jacob and Esau are trash, but have some of the best unlocks tied to them. How on earth do you use this piece of poo poo character.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

Here's a 100% Afterbirth+ save file. They might have one for Rebirth on the same site.

Funny thing, I saw that, saw the Afterbirth save (which was actually a zip files with a readme telling me to download a exe from github lol no), but didnt look for a separate Rebirth section. That sorted things.

Edit: Okay now getting to work is a problem.

Edit2: think I got it. Thanks all.

Edit3: coming back to Isaac after all this time is like a comfy if thoroughly disgusting pair of old slippers.

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 21, 2021

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

lol what the hell is this Edmund

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Is there a mod somewhere to make the red tinting from T. Azazel's blood sneezes more visible? I legit cannot tell the difference between the red tint and normal enemies and it's really frustrating. Searching the workshop came up empty.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

a funny joke that should make you laugh. why aren't you laughing???

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Jazerus posted:

a funny joke that should make you laugh. why aren't you laughing???

laughing all the way to Mother on my first lost run in repentance aside from the one I did to unlock tainted lost in fact. getting guppy on floor 2 basically sealed the deal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8lF-XcPRQo

crazy rear end run

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Evil Eagle posted:

Is this loss

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
How the heck are you supposed to do greed mode with tainted Cain without using a walkthrough?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

How the heck are you supposed to do greed mode with tainted Cain without using a walkthrough?

look up recipes for steam sale. make 3 or 4. if you have birthright unlocked craft that but it’s not crucial, i made it without it. at this point every item will give you more money than it costs so you can see where it goes from here

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
I love the angelic spoils trinket. Just got 5 angel room items from one sacrifice room.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Delirium down as Tainted Eden now. Worst fight in the game with my 2nd least favorite character...most stressful thing I did in this. But I made it with one HP left. Somehow I ended up with a Hierophant card with one HP left and it gave me 3 hearts cause I guess I had tarot. Very glad to never play that character anymore.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

My favorite item rooms are the beggar ones or the ones with like a few cards and pills that hurt you gently caress ofF

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Beat Hush/Delirium with Tainted Lost. Gotta agree with the folks saying Tainted Lost isn't as bad as you'd think. The better items thing seems to really make you ball out of control. Glitched crown is also really broken once you get good at timing the item you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

More challenges down today, Cat Got Your Tongue and The Guardian

I had a lot of fun with The Guardian but I'm sure it was horrible before Isaac's Heart was buffed