Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

Does North Korea have K-Pop as well

it's differnt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

kinda looks like a cross between john waters and george costanza

so far I have named him Lil Bingo Shepard. Open to other suggestions

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

can you fit Shepherd's Pie Shepard

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I dont think so, but that would be a great name if it could fit

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Baba Booey shepard

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

That's a winner, folks

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I would die for Baba Booey Shepherd

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

we're out here doing it

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

jesus christ i forgot how hosed up the crouch walking animation was. scuttling around like some little eldritch horror of the deep.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
baba booey

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Bluedeanie posted:

Which resolution mode will offer the overall most impressive experience playing Mass Effect on the ps5: "favor quality" or "favor framerate"
Favor Quality is 4K60 with some minor frame rate dips here and there, Favor Frame Rate is (I think) 1440p60 with some settings dialed down to hit a locked 60 fps. I'm playing on the Xbox Series X in quality mode and it's been flawless 99% of the time, so it's probably the mode you want to go for.

On the Series X, the frame rate mode actually runs at 1440p/120 fps, but that's not the case on PS5 because apparently Microsoft allows developers to use more of the system's capabilities in backcompat mode than Sony does.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don't know, but they sure have idols killing themselves or having unfortunate accidents on a regular basis!

Joking aside, I read that kpop is in high demand on the massive black market in NK so life really must be tough there.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DMorbid posted:

Favor Quality is 4K60 with some minor frame rate dips here and there, Favor Frame Rate is (I think) 1440p60 with some settings dialed down to hit a locked 60 fps. I'm playing on the Xbox Series X in quality mode and it's been flawless 99% of the time, so it's probably the mode you want to go for.

On the Series X, the frame rate mode actually runs at 1440p/120 fps, but that's not the case on PS5 because apparently Microsoft allows developers to use more of the system's capabilities in backcompat mode than Sony does.

Hm, I changed to Favor Frame Rate since I care more about that, but I don't have a 120 Hz TV*, so if I'm going to get 60 FPS regardless, I suppose I should switch it back.

*It *is* 120 Hz, but not HDMI 2.1 so it can't actually use it on anything that's not an app on the TV. :rolleyes:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Eat My Fuc posted:

they definitely do hear some kpop in north Korea.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Victoria 3.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

for real???

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Alaois posted:

for real???

My sources watching Paradox Con are confirming it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siZXs4d5Gqg

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I can't believe they finally tracked down the one guy who knew how the Pops programming worked in Vicky 2 and forced him out of his secured bunker at gunpoint to help make a new game

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It loving rules, yeah.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Alaois posted:

I can't believe they finally tracked down the one guy who knew how the Pops programming worked in Vicky 2 and forced him out of his secured bunker at gunpoint to help make a new game

Yeah, I think he's a goon.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Ofaloaf and French Paradox are taunting me in a discord with their hours of pre-release alpha Vicky 3 they've got logged in steam.

So, yeah, goons.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

glad to see paradox gearing up to hurt the last remaining fresh sect of their fan base

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Cavauro posted:

glad to see paradox gearing up to hurt the last remaining fresh sect of their fan base

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Just started Mass Effect 3 Legendary and the Reapers have pissed me off

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

army of the dead is too dark

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

army of the dead is too dark

tonally or visually

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't use that word for tone. doesn't make sense to me

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It quit being too dark. Mighta got used to it

Holy poo poo. there's zombies in it

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 22:15 on May 21, 2021

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Biomutant, do me this one favor:

Please be good

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

i dunno if anyone here watches sportsball but tony larussa is a fuckin idiot and should be run out of the white sox clubhouse

i can't think of anything dumber than telling an athlete to be uncompetitive and then prematurely okaying the opposing team throwing a 95 mph fastball at him the next game

i love me some baseball but it's so, so stupid sometimes

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

baseball should fire every guy over like fifty. just drum them out. let them play beer leagues and complain about sportsmanship under two working lights at an American Legion

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I'm glad my bullying of Paradox's social media to release Vicky3 for several years has finally paid off.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Critical posted:

i dunno if anyone here watches sportsball but tony larussa is a fuckin idiot and should be run out of the white sox clubhouse

i can't think of anything dumber than telling an athlete to be uncompetitive and then prematurely okaying the opposing team throwing a 95 mph fastball at him the next game

i love me some baseball but it's so, so stupid sometimes

Baseball is my favorite sport and it never brings me more embarrassment than when some decrepit good ol' boy piece of poo poo starts braying about the unwritten rules

All the more obnoxious when it's a drunk-driving motherfucker like La Russa doing the braying

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Baseball: I'm glad the Chicago White Sox hired Tony LaRussa because hopefully it will implode and the Cleveland Baseball Team will be in first when I go to a game this summer.

forkboy84 posted:

I'm glad my bullying of Paradox's social media to release Vicky3 for several years has finally paid off.

The outpouring of "finally, my tactic has worked and Vicky 3 is read" rules.

(come watch Vicky 2 MP being streamed in like 20 minutes at 11 pm UTC at https://www.twitch.tv/drkarmicknight)

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Every time LaRussa says something dumb I’d just remind him that he turned a blind eye to a giant mutant injecting horse testosterone (or something) into his biceps to hit more dingers. But, sanctity of the game or whatever.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
The last thing Cerberus' agents sees

Shard fucked around with this message at 00:16 on May 22, 2021

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
d*mn, b*d*rear end

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

MotU posted:

d*mn, b*d*rear end

Hulkamatt, please change my name to this!

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Baseball is my favorite sport and it never brings me more embarrassment than when some decrepit good ol' boy piece of poo poo starts braying about the unwritten rules

All the more obnoxious when it's a drunk-driving motherfucker like La Russa doing the braying

especially when the incident happened while the teams are effectively playing lob ball. hitting a tank 3-0 is awful but putting in a catcher to throw 50mph doesn't somehow make the game suck poo poo immediately? if i wanted to see slow pitch softball i'd throw on a bat bros video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I love Photomode

Shard fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 22, 2021