Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
is this still the epstein thread

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1395887790412423172

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
oh it's actually not the epstein theead. nm.

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

Riot Bimbo posted:

ya lets hope our culture generation or something else intangible is nice to them i guess.

I reckon it's like, I don't spend all day clapping my hands about aliens but probably ITT im gonna post as if it's aliens because that's the only way this is interesting in a way that's not singularly distressing, but i'm aware that worse and more boring things are far more likely!~

idk this hellworld would probably find a way to make irl aliens the worse option

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty

Sam Steele sucked and time travelling general Hammond shoulda shot him

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
I've always been skeptical about this kind of poo poo and still am but I am slowly coming around to entertaining the idea that we might actually be on the verge of something truly world-changing, whether that's aliens or new tech or some scientific advancement or what remains to be seen. pretty fuckin cool if we're living through it but I'm also pretty sure we (humans) will manage to ruin whatever it is

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

poo poo I believe it

it’s better to think about than all the other demonstrably true horrors in the world

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

guess that’s why everyone’s talking about it now

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

DirtyRobot posted:

Sam Steele sucked and time travelling general Hammond shoulda shot him

gently caress yeah gently caress mounties hammond of texas owns

anyway ufos are all duranium shadows and thoron fields, theyre chinese drones made of foamboard and aluminum foil that change shape

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

A MIRACLE posted:

this thread is freakin me out man

its definitely starting to feel like the epstein thread when cuppy tea was posting a lot lol

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

really dont get the obsession with cuppy tea...like even a little
but thats fine i like to have a good time its cool

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Spergin Morlock posted:

its definitely starting to feel like the epstein thread when cuppy tea was posting a lot lol

I stayed out of that thread can you fill me in

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the reason the aliens are making themselves known now is because after the recent RIGGED STOLEN ELECTION they just can't keep quiet any longer

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

A MIRACLE posted:

some manic poster came in and did some okay posts general broke brain topic poo poo and a mod thought one was antisemetic and banned him and a legend was born

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

A MIRACLE posted:

no

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

The Saucer Hovers posted:

some manic poster came in and did some okay posts general broke brain topic poo poo and a mod thought one was antisemetic and banned him and a legend was born

yea his ban was bullshit lol

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Shear Modulus posted:

the reason the aliens are making themselves known now is because after the recent RIGGED STOLEN ELECTION they just can't keep quiet any longer

Folks, project serpo- what a great project! 12, 14 scientists, American scientists, the best, went to their planet. A very bad planet by the way, very advanced but very bad, 10 of them came back, 6 stayed behind. Very brave - you know, I dont think I would have stayed there!

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

tokin opposition posted:

Funny... That's exactly what an alien would say to throw us off the trail... Curious...

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

hahaha that harry reid op-ed, jesus

dude's been like barely clinging on to this mortal coil for years now right?

yeah i am now fully convinced something's coming if this media push is so hard that they had to trot out harry

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

just wait till they find out how many guns are in America :clint:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
The aliens were busy reading my posts until I left SA and visited the us leadership in a bid to make me come back and post more

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/1395857527670145026?s=20

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

the Reid op-Ed doesn’t seem too remarkable to me, the man admits to wondering why the sun doesn’t cool down at night for gently caress’s sake

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

the most enduring mystery surrounding government figures and ufos is how deniss kucinich scored so far out of his league. i want to believe!

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

pancake rabbit posted:

hahaha that harry reid op-ed, jesus

dude's been like barely clinging on to this mortal coil for years now right?

yeah i am now fully convinced something's coming if this media push is so hard that they had to trot out harry

Harry Reid has always been into this poo poo. He wants to know as bad as we do, or so he says. Honestly that attitude instead of just "haha aliens sure" and a smug smile is most of what convinces me the government has no clue what these things are.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

to harry reid aliens are a way to funnel lucrative contracts to his eccentric real estate billionaire buddy

Top Gun Reference
Oct 9, 2012
Pillbug

Gravid Topiary posted:

White House press conference, June 1st 2021

Joe Biden: my fellow americans today is-- it's a very special day for me and for uh and for america and for kamala here, say 'hello' to the american people, kammy!

Kamala Harris: *muffled sobbing*

Biden: aliens, man! the kind with the big things on their uh eyes they've got big black eyes and they are real. aliens are real, spaceships are real, intelligent life is perm--perp-- it's all over. it's over. intelligent life is all over the place, man.

Press Gallery: *diverse sounds of disbelief*

Biden: oh and I went ahead and dissolved the DEA, ATF, all those letters. smack, acid, jenkem, reefers, you can have whatever you want, as much as you want! america deserves these freedoms. today is it's uh today is a day that will be history, it will live on, i suppose. this day-- it gets to live on. *biden stands in silence for an extended period of time, staring into empty space above the press, before clearing his throat* oh heck heh i almost forgot, i do believe that vice-president harris has something she'd like to add. kammy?

arris, in a broken monotone: the methane clathrate cannon has fired, months ago. the ozone layer is now gone. clouds no longer exist. the rocks will not hide you. elon musk says he will destroy the sun. nothing awaits us but fire and corruption and the night-whispered ending of the world.

Biden: littlle green men, man! wow wow wow. too bad about the uh the other stuff but aliens!

Harris: domes cannot save you.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

as a mormon, harry reid just wants a head start on finding out what kind of planet he can get

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

"the government admits aliens are real but nobody notices because trump said something that day" was one of the best storylines of the trump presidency

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Riot Bimbo posted:

ya lets hope our culture generation or something else intangible is nice to them i guess.

I reckon it's like, I don't spend all day clapping my hands about aliens but probably ITT im gonna post as if it's aliens because that's the only way this is interesting in a way that's not singularly distressing, but i'm aware that worse and more boring things are far more likely!~

My...alt account??

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Shear Modulus posted:

"the government admits aliens are real but nobody notices because trump said something that day" was one of the best storylines of the trump presidency

I'm still 100% a phosphene truther, I'll never forget waking up from that nap to that poo poo

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Later this year, aliens will introduce themselves through tiktoks and memes.
Hey look! A wormhole to
Coast to Coast with Art Bell here.
http://www.u7radio.org/

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I thought cuppy tea was doing a bit and then i felt bad when it seemed like he just had schizophrenia

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

to my american friends, your former senate majority leader. just amazing stuff, we aren't sending our best folks.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Inspector Hound posted:

I'm still 100% a phosphene truther, I'll never forget waking up from that nap to that poo poo

I don't know what this is. Please share

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

i had to google to jog my memory but it was when they said they detected phosphene in the atmosphere of venus which is a compound that as far as we know can only be produced by organic life

later some other telescope nerds were like "nah no you didn't"

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
goddamn nerds :argh:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Phosphine is a substance that can only be made by living things, bacteria and etc, as far as we know, and they thought they found it in the atmosphere of Venus

This is the cold water

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Delta-Wye posted:

goddamn nerds :argh:

loving honestly

They thought they had verified it too, it was sad

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

there's still those weird UV-absorbing bands they detected on venus beforehand that no one's got an explanation for yet but yeah, the phosphine thing is probably just an artefact

actually finding signs of alien life'll probably require the JWST to finally get spaceborne and at this rate i frankly think they're gonna wheel out the captured roswell saucer before that goddamn thing launches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
also a phosphane truther. at any rate, venus always seemed the most probable place we'd find (extremely basic) life outside earth to me, especially after all the extremeophile bacteria discoveries here.

there's ~evidence~ for extant life on mars too (outside of richard hoagland poo poo). unexplained methane (could be geological), seasonal lichen-like "splotches" (could be subsurface melts darkening the soil), weird fukken puffball spores, some with bendy stalks (probably just straight up rocks).