Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

When gog picks her nose is it a booger or a worm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I was expecting a speech. I was expecting rage from Solomon. All it took was him saying "just loving do it" and she's down.

God. I love this comic

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

When gog picks her nose is it a booger or a worm

Yes.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
:kheldragar:

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

It's worms time

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
gently caress Yeah.

Bring on the filth of giving people what they want.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
This is gonna be dope as gently caress.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Brought To You By posted:

I was expecting a speech. I was expecting rage from Solomon. All it took was him saying "just loving do it" and she's down.

God. I love this comic

I mean, someone finally takes her seriously instead of belittling her.

It's all about respect.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Looks like we won't be waiting for the worms much longer. I'm not sure what would be more Gog Agog though: something amazing / horrifying that actually makes a difference, or a "whoops! guess that didn't accomplish anything!" after all this buildup.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I halfway expected her to turn on Solomon and crew.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Schwarzwald posted:

I halfway expected her to turn on Solomon and crew.

The night is still young

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
steadily growing in volume

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf2qOWmKiz0

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

I'm hoping that there'll be a Gog-Agog multiplex narration of whatever comes next, Ring of Power style.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

"Gog-Agog, why did it take so long for you to aid in defeating Jagganoth?"

"Well, nobody asked and you looked like you had it under control already."

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Thundarr posted:

Looks like we won't be waiting for the worms much longer. I'm not sure what would be more Gog Agog though: something amazing / horrifying that actually makes a difference, or a "whoops! guess that didn't accomplish anything!" after all this buildup.

Nah, Solomon just formally Named her by title and asked for aid. Gog-Agog might play a fool, but she knows what is required. This is when she's more likely to show why she plays at being the harmless jester normally; because her being serious is almost certainly horrifying.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Edgar Allen Poe posted:

But see, amid the mimic rout,
A crawling shape intrude!
A blood-red thing that writhes from out
The scenic solitude!
It writhes!—it writhes!—with mortal pangs
The mimes become its food,
And seraphs sob at vermin fangs
In human gore imbued.

Out—out are the lights—out all!
And, over each quivering form,
The curtain, a funeral pall,
Comes down with the rush of a storm,
While the angels, all pallid and wan,
Uprising, unveiling, affirm
That the play is the tragedy, “Man,”
And its hero, the Conqueror Worm.
:getin: :unsmigghh:

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nah, Solomon just formally Named her by title and asked for aid. Gog-Agog might play a fool, but she knows what is required. This is when she's more likely to show why she plays at being the harmless jester normally; because her being serious is almost certainly horrifying.

Solomon David always calls her by her title and acts super formal while the others are yelling at each other https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-4-75/
I mean he thinks they're all idiot children and he's the adult in the room, but taking the pact and their meetings and formalities extremely seriously is his whole deal

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Magnus Manfist posted:

Solomon David always calls her by her title and acts super formal while the others are yelling at each other https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-4-75/
I mean he thinks they're all idiot children and he's the adult in the room, but taking the pact and their meetings and formalities extremely seriously is his whole deal

That's because he is very specifically addressing, formally and officially, The Queen of Worms, ruler of 111,111 worlds. Not Gog-Agog throwing out whatever persona she's trying at the moment for funsies. If he'd asked Gog-Agog for help, she'd be well within her right to play the fool and muck about while claiming to be "helping". As The Queen of Worms, she is obliged to conduct herself accordingly as a head of state, pact-bound and aiding in earnest.

Words have power, meaning, and intent.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
The sky dims

a sudden eclipse

that's no moon

a single giant maggot

Then it falls on top of Jagganoth, rear end-first. That's it, that's the whole attack

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

Renaissance Robot posted:

The sky dims

a sudden eclipse

that's no moon

a single giant maggot

Then it falls on top of Jagganoth, rear end-first. That's it, that's the whole attack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz6yB7l5ZcE

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
Through all of this I can't help but thinking, Incubus really needs to wash his feet, yes I know he was tossed into the sea. He really needs to take some time off go down to a spa and have fishies nibble on his skin flakes until he is all cleaned up. He isn't doing much without his sword anyways.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

MinutePirateBug posted:

Through all of this I can't help but thinking, Incubus really needs to wash his feet, yes I know he was tossed into the sea. He really needs to take some time off go down to a spa and have fishies nibble on his skin flakes until he is all cleaned up. He isn't doing much without his sword anyways.

I don't think that's mundane filth.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

Mr. Lobe posted:

I don't think that's mundane filth.

immediately makes me think Divine filth, then a certain John Waters film, then I gag a bit

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
(inspects the bottom of Incubus’ feet)

Oh yeah, what ya got here is metaphorical filth.

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

Renaissance Robot posted:

The sky dims

a sudden eclipse

that's no moon

a single giant maggot

Hey, don't knock it. A similar technique worked wonders for Frog.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

All I could think of with those middle 2 panels of jag charging up and firing the beam at dave was "begone........thot!"

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

oriongates posted:

I was thinking of Chocomog actually, but that works too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFRbAmXQQDY

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

oriongates posted:

Incredible. What game is this?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

oobey posted:

Chrono Trigger.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

oobey posted:

Chrono Trigger! It's a stone-cold classic of the JRPG genre, being a collaboration between Hironobu Sakaguchi of Final Fantasy fame and Akira Toriyama, the author of Dragon Ball.

e: AND Yuji Horii, the writer of every single Dragon Quest game, I forgot he was involved too.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Begemot posted:

Chrono Trigger! It's a stone-cold classic of the JRPG genre, being a collaboration between Hironobu Sakaguchi of Final Fantasy fame and Akira Toriyama, the author of Dragon Ball.

e: AND Yuji Horii, the writer of every single Dragon Quest game, I forgot he was involved too.

Also, music by Nobuo Uematsu and Yasunori Mitsuda!

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Really a joyful thing that it's possible to introduce people to Chrono Trigger for the first time.

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

feels like someone with a super metroid crystal flash av might be sarcastic when they ask what game that gif is from

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

GunnerJ posted:

Really a joyful thing that it's possible to introduce people to Chrono Trigger for the first time.

I'd certainly be thrilled if posting a gif gets someone else into chrono trigger. (available on steam, by the way).

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

oriongates posted:

I'd certainly be thrilled if posting a gif gets someone else into chrono trigger. (available on steam, by the way).
Is the Steam version any good? Usually those things are just lazy ports of the mobile version (and the mobile version of Chrono Trigger was a loving travesty).

The definitive version is probably the DS port, which has the cutscenes the PSX version introduced, but without the horrible load times. (It also adds a pretty good bonus dungeon, and some minigames that give you OP equipment, if you want to make an already easy game even easier.)

Edit: Definitely :filez: it if you're gonna play anything but the Steam release, though. Chrono Trigger is right up there with Mega Man X3 and Earthbound in "ridiculously expensive SNES games", and even the DS version is "only" going for like $80.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 05:08 on May 23, 2021

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

girl dick energy posted:

Is the Steam version any good? Usually those things are just lazy ports of the mobile version (and the mobile version of Chrono Trigger was a loving travesty).

The definitive version is probably the DS port, which has the cutscenes the PSX version introduced, but without the horrible load times. (It also adds a pretty good bonus dungeon, and some minigames that give you OP equipment, if you want to make an already easy game even easier.)

Edit: Definitely :filez: it if you're gonna play anything but the Steam release, though. Chrono Trigger is right up there with Mega Man X3 and Earthbound in "ridiculously expensive SNES games", and even the DS version is "only" going for like $80.

The steam release is actually good now, they really fixed it up after the initial release. The UI is still a little bit mobile game-y, but it's not nearly as bad as, say, the Final Fantasy ports on steam. Just be sure to turn off "HD Graphics" and you're good to go.

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

Yeah, playing on DS/3DS is probably the ideal mode, especially because of portability, but with that price...

Conversely, the steam version is 15 and there's a version for android/iOS for 10 bucks. Both have cutscenes from what I understand and the bugs that plagued the PS version have been dealt with. The only thing they don't have is the post-game arena from the DS version, which honestly wasn't particularly thrilling.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Begemot posted:

The steam release is actually good now, they really fixed it up after the initial release. The UI is still a little bit mobile game-y, but it's not nearly as bad as, say, the Final Fantasy ports on steam. Just be sure to turn off "HD Graphics" and you're good to go.
Was it the Chrono Trigger port that originally had the font as Comic Sans?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

girl dick energy posted:

It was originally so bad it caused a big enough outcry that Square was actually shamed into fixing it, which is saying something considering how lovely their other ports have been that they just let languish. But it's decent now, much better than the other FF SNES ports. As long as you turn off the terrible texture scaling mode, but at least that's an option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Eh.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 15:55 on May 23, 2021