Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Mirror isn’t even a type of tree, I’m questioning his credentials

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I liked blitzball but I wish it were also better

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Forgot about this from EO4

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

FirstAidKite posted:

Forgot about this from EO4

Ehyyyy Im forgin hear!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Holy poo poo why did they even bother putting a weapon other than a sniper in BFV? They can one shot you from any range, without recoil, through heavy armor, with infinite bullets. Anyone who is not a sniper is actively sabotaging the game

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Okay I am finally back home and able to pay the cat tax

This is my cat, Jack. He has one eye, I took him in as a stray when he was so sickly looking the vet asked me if I wanted to put him down. He's FIV positive, but he's a trooper and has really pulled through. He's put on a lot of weight and lives a pretty happy life now, I think.

This is the new mystery cat. He's a big boy, very nice coat, although some patches I'll need to get looked at. He's so extremely affectionate its hard to get good pictures of him, if you're near him at all he'll start charging you down for head boops and doesn't understand the idea of posing for a camera. These are the best pics I've got.

I gave them some time apart, then decided to give them a shot and see what happened. They hissed at first, but then calmed down some, and looked like they were maybe getting along until new cat swatted at Jack, so I had to take them back to separate rooms for now. Two boy cats is a tough situation, if I keep him I'll definitely want to get him fixed (for other reasons too) and that can help the aggression. I also have some friends I could try to re-home him with if it doesn't work out and I can't find the owner.

Talked to my neighbors some more about him today, they've definitely seen him around a lot and were worried about him too. Posted on the neighborhood message board about him and will put up fliers in the neighborhood tomorrow.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I have that exact same red blanket and I love it

Also the cats are very cute I guess

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

drat, Jack rules

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I got through the 5th case in Danganronpa V3 RIP Kaito what a bro

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i paid $10 for cat content and it took 12 years but finally zaphod is here for me

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jay Rust posted:

drat, Jack rules

Thanks, I think so too :3:

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I remember EXACTLY why I stopped playing Let It Die now

So up until this point when a character dies, you have three choices: you can either play as another character and kill an NPC version of your own guy, but dying in the process means you're now down two characters. You can pay coins to instantly get them back and keep their whole inventory, but its a ton of money. Or, you can do a freebie retrieval, which means your character comes back for free, but you don't keep any items.

Obvious solution, looking at those, is to just never take items with you so you don't lose them on death and always do a freebie retrieval.

But, once you hit floor 21, freebie retrieval disappears! So now you have no choice but to pay money to get a character back, and it's a lot. Like, 80,000 gold. For reference, at the start of the game, you can only carry 50,000 gold max. My max after 15 hours is 90,000. So, I would have to pay ALL my gold to get my character back. Now, because Im using the free premium trial, that cost is dropped to 10k. Like I said, this game attempts to wrest money from you by being unplayable otherwise.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

RBA Starblade posted:

Holy poo poo why did they even bother putting a weapon other than a sniper in BFV? They can one shot you from any range, without recoil, through heavy armor, with infinite bullets. Anyone who is not a sniper is actively sabotaging the game

I saw that BFV was up on gamepass so i downloaded all hundred and some loving gigabytes and let me tell ya something

it was not worth the time, bandwidth or ssd space. my god, what a shambles. i thought BF4 at launch had to be the low point but at least that turned into a good game by the end of it. it's apparent that not a soul working at dice cares about that series anymore.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i dropped let it die when i first saw what the fifth boss fight entailed

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Oxxidation posted:

i dropped let it die when i first saw what the fifth boss fight entailed

When you say "fifth," which floor do you mean? There's a bunch of minibosses so far but each real boss has just been a dumb minigame level followed by a souped up miniboss

Also I thought the pattern was a boss on each 10 floors but the "final boss" is floor 40

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

When you say "fifth," which floor do you mean? There's a bunch of minibosses so far but each real boss has just been a dumb minigame level followed by a souped up miniboss

Also I thought the pattern was a boss on each 10 floors but the "final boss" is floor 40

the final don (i forgot that there were only four, not five)

your weapons are stripped away and you're forced to fight multiple waves of enemies (including COEN) barehanded, on a stage the size of a postage stamp, with massive damage if you fall off, before the boss fight even starts

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

I remember trying Let It Die back when it first came out on PS4.

I dropped it after I tried to save up some coins, called it a night, then came back to all my coins gone because I got raided while I was asleep.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Oxxidation posted:

the final don (i forgot that there were only four, not five)

your weapons are stripped away and you're forced to fight multiple waves of enemies (including COEN) barehanded, on a stage the size of a postage stamp, with massive damage if you fall off, before the boss fight even starts

Hmmm. I've been grinding up my barehanded skill so I'm not sure how horrible this will be, but it sounds probably pretty loving bad.

My current problem is killing Goutou on 23. I do so little damage that I obviously need to R/D some new weapons. But, to make any of the new gear I've gotten recipes for in the new zone, all of which is more than twice as strong as any of my other gear, I need Black Metal. Which...you get from killing Goutou.

BisbyWorl posted:

I remember trying Let It Die back when it first came out on PS4.

I dropped it after I tried to save up some coins, called it a night, then came back to all my coins gone because I got raided while I was asleep.

This is slightly less of an issue now because hardly anyone else is playing, but you should have just spent five dollars on a Platinum Premium Battle Season Pass because it means you dont lose any gold when you get multiplayer raided! It's only 4.99!!!!!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
if you keep at it then make sure to pack lots and lots of transparungus before you challenge the second don

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Oxxidation posted:

if you keep at it then make sure to pack lots and lots of transparungus before you challenge the second don

I've already beaten him I'm on floor 23 now. I didn't actually need any, my armor is actually pretty good and so I just used a damage-up mushroom, wailed on him for 30 seconds, ran away and healed, then did it again.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

I saw that BFV was up on gamepass so i downloaded all hundred and some loving gigabytes and let me tell ya something

it was not worth the time, bandwidth or ssd space. my god, what a shambles. i thought BF4 at launch had to be the low point but at least that turned into a good game by the end of it. it's apparent that not a soul working at dice cares about that series anymore.

Right? It's awful.

I miss bf3, wonder if anything is going on in there if I get it on origin

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Just finished rewatching the live action speed racer movie.

It's still good, folks.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

It's still good, folks.

Friend, let me offer a counterpoint, its still great and the best edited film of all time

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S18Hm1q0srE

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

FirstAidKite posted:

It's still good, folks.

Hell yeah.

I could seriously watch that ending forever. Just absolute sensory overload, it's great.

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 09:31 on May 22, 2021

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Goddamit now Im gonna go home and watch it again. Absolutely incredible film, just, flawless

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Gonna finally play Prey (2017) with it being on the upcoming watch out for fireballs

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Do not play Let It Die ever it's very bad

but it is fun to do the mental math required to figure out how to beat roadblocks that the game clearly intended for you not to be able to do without throwing some money at the game. Like I said, this boss has WAY too much HP to fight in a fair 1v1, and so what the game wants you to do is to spend quarters on extra lives. You can't upgrade any of your weapons to do more damage because the item you need is dropped from the boss itself.

...buuuuuut there is a guaranteed trap room on floor 22 out of the way of the main route that will always drop a floor-appropriate upgrade material, and the boss drop is in this item pool. So, if I just grind trips to this trap room, I can get the item I need to double my weapon damage.

That being said, this would also be an absolute nightmare if it werent for my free premium pass. A death while farming would cost me an hour of additional farming for coins. With the pass, it's about 5 mins of farming per death, plus maybe a little more for new equipment.

I have 56 hours left to beat the game

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Had to look up what that is, I completely forgot Grasshopper made that weird F2P game.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
drat. I missed cat chat because Imgur was being rear end. Here's a late entry

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Spergatory posted:

which is very problematic when said mission took place in a stronghold full of orcs who are not yet loyal to the cause.

Well there's your problem. Once you get the mind-control powers you should essentially never, ever kill any orc ever again. Orc on orc violence cannot be stopped, but that stronghold should be 100% loyal to you before you think of dipping out.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Gonna finally play Prey (2017) with it being on the upcoming watch out for fireballs

It's great. I went in expecting something a lot more system shock-ish than it turned out to actually be, but it does mostly great things with its premise.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

RBA Starblade posted:

Right? It's awful.

I miss bf3, wonder if anything is going on in there if I get it on origin

peak players on steam is 234 :(

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Who do you guys main / who would you main in Super Mario Party

I really love Mario character design

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Where's Toadette

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
monty mole or shy guy all the way

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

homeless snail posted:

Where's Toadette

She hands out the stars (cost: 10coins)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

It's still good, folks.

I know a lot of people who love it, but for me its too different than the source material which is frustrating. (And in a western adaptation!)

Also, the car physics in the cg is just nonsense (intentionally) which just doesn't look cool to me.

Its like the hollywood ghost in the shell or dragon ball evolution in some ways.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC0YAJR6xQQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Hi! I’m Daisy.