Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
It was definitely an "I'll never reach this level" comment. And I know that, it was said jokingly. It was just like, holy poo poo, there are people in the game, some of them streamers, some of them not, who i'll run into who can identify what I'm doing at the slightest sound and react to it perfectly. It was kind of magical, in an uber nerd kind of way.

But i'm not quitting, I was joking. I'm just gonna spend all my money on ridiculous setups and then quit until the wipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

ShowTime posted:

Have you ever like, really watched Pestily? Like watched him for several hours to catch those special moments? I just watched him do something i'll never be able to do, which was enter the dorms at Shoreline, hear a key from the 1st floor (as he entered) and identify which key it was, then go to the 3rd floor and prefire a player that ran to intercept him because he knew what key they used. It was kind of magical in a way. Keep in mind, all this happened in 15 seconds. It wasn't like he crouched and waited, listened, contemplated, then made the decision. Nah, he had just got to dorms, heard the key, went there, did that, killed a dude with prefire and kept on.

So, this is me quitting Tarkov. See ya everyone.

I've been telling you people for a long time this streamer poo poo is a sickness.

Look what it has done to this poor guy

It's also true that the "twitch" "TTV" site all the streamers use is a major source of money for the most despicable kind of people:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/27/technology/twitch-livestream-extremists.html

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Speaking of Twitch/Pestily: he hit tier 2 of the PC giveaway yesterday, so signups for PC # 2 should be going out soon. Check this twitter, probably tomorrow. I think the first one is being given out today.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

ShowTime posted:

Have you ever like, really watched Pestily? Like watched him for several hours to catch those special moments? I just watched him do something i'll never be able to do, which was enter the dorms at Shoreline, hear a key from the 1st floor (as he entered) and identify which key it was, then go to the 3rd floor and prefire a player that ran to intercept him because he knew what key they used. It was kind of magical in a way. Keep in mind, all this happened in 15 seconds. It wasn't like he crouched and waited, listened, contemplated, then made the decision. Nah, he had just got to dorms, heard the key, went there, did that, killed a dude with prefire and kept on.

So, this is me quitting Tarkov. See ya everyone.

Some of this insta-movement will hopefully be diminished once the implement the inertia system - I hate how the game plays like Quake or UT2k4 but that is now delayed until 12.12. :smith:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

hakimashou posted:

It's also true that the "twitch" "TTV" site all the streamers use is a major source of money for the most despicable kind of people:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/27/technology/twitch-livestream-extremists.html

this has the same energy as 90s parents not letting their kids play DnD because it's satanic and summons demons

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
also i discovered a cool zero recoil bug in tarky, gonna abuse it and make a montage.

as far as i know zero people know about it so

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

hakimashou posted:

Capitalists?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

also i discovered a cool zero recoil bug in tarky, gonna abuse it and make a montage.

as far as i know zero people know about it so

I heard both Pestily and Klean talking about it separately. Klean kind of accidentally showed it off on stream but I wasn't paying attention. I'm assuming what you are talking about is what they are calling the ergonomics glitch.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

ShowTime posted:

I heard both Pestily and Klean talking about it separately. Klean kind of accidentally showed it off on stream but I wasn't paying attention. I'm assuming what you are talking about is what they are calling the ergonomics glitch.

no it's completely separate, it's straight up an animation glitching zero recoil/weapon sway thing

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

no it's completely separate, it's straight up an animation glitching zero recoil/weapon sway thing

Best way to get it fixed is to make it absurdly public, so put that poo poo up on Youtube.

Either it gets fixed quick or wreaks havoc upon the game, but either way we win.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Scav bois best bois

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Heck yea. Was that from moonshine? I sold mine for a THICC Weapon and THICC Item, basically the best deal you can get for one. Unfortunately the fees on it are like 95% of what you list it at.

At this point in the wipe you can get a Blue keycard and something else for it too, but I think the Red one is still too expensive in most peoples eyes. Would be curious to see if you can get one though. Of course you could always wear it and become an instant chad.

Orv
May 4, 2011
It's out of date now, those powers are expired.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

ShowTime posted:

Heck yea. Was that from moonshine? I sold mine for a THICC Weapon and THICC Item, basically the best deal you can get for one. Unfortunately the fees on it are like 95% of what you list it at.
It was, sold it for a THICC Item, and now I don't know what to put in it. So much roooooooooom :coolspot:

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

giZm posted:

It was, sold it for a THICC Item, and now I don't know what to put in it. So much roooooooooom :coolspot:

And now you can sell the one you get from the quest and make some money, assuming you don't want 2 of them. Thats what I did when I found mine, then eventually re bought as the price dropped. I will probably keep my thicc weapon case when I get it though, since I have so many weapons floating around, but my original plan was to sell the ones I got via questing.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I am shocked that putting special nazi web site armbands into a 'gamer' game would result in the nazi armbands being super duper coveted by gamer nazis who would pay fortunes for them

Just flabbergasted!

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

hakimashou posted:

I am shocked that putting special nazi web site armbands into a 'gamer' game would result in the nazi armbands being super duper coveted by gamer nazis who would pay fortunes for them

Just flabbergasted!

It's like there's one rusty hinge just a hangin on...

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

hakimashou posted:

Just flabbergasted!
Aww man if I would've know that it's a Nazi thing I would've kept it for myself. Gotta show them colors, ya know?

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Hey guys I was watching Lvndmark on Twitch and now I have strong feelings about invading Poland, is that normal?

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there
If you subscribe to him for X amount of time you get to join him on the front lines and use one of his rifles as a premium Twitch militia member

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

hakimashou posted:

Just flabbergasted!

What’s the site? I assumed it was stupid soccer poo poo

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
I watched two minutes of AquaFPS on twitch.tv and he reached through the screen and shaved my mustache into a toothbrush and made me download Mein Kampf from Audible.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Cage Kicker posted:

Hey guys I was watching Lvndmark on Twitch and now I have strong feelings about invading Poland, is that normal?

If you watch landmark, yeah. That's normal.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Cage Kicker posted:

Elelelelelelelebensraum!

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

Dr. Clockwork posted:

I watched two minutes of AquaFPS on twitch.tv and he reached through the screen and shaved my mustache into a toothbrush and made me download Mein Kampf from Audible.

Pretty POG!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:ducksiren:

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Threads been quiet. People still playing or we waiting on the wipe? It could come any day now, but on Kleans podcast yesterday Nikita did say the next patch has been delayed. It was slated for beginning of June but I feel that its gonna come mid June and there will be a wipe. He also confirmed a main profile and a seasonal profile, which is good to hear (not for next patch, just that it's the plan).

But I don't really play right now if anyone would like something to try out. If you want a gear set, a key, whatever, just message me here or on Discord ( Headshock#7342 )and i'll hop on to pass you some stuff. I have a ton and am happy to bring enough for you and a friend if necessary. No reason you can't have some fun for a bit if you are just starting out.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin
I'm basically waiting on the wipe. I played a bit too much the beginning of this one and was burnt out after about six weeks. Pretty excited for streets though. And sledgehammer boss.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I still enjoy the odd zero to hero run and if Hardcore was a mode, i'd do it without hesitation. I get that I could impose the rules on myself, but I'd love if they made it a profile choice when you make your character and impose the rule sets in-game. Things like being unable to heal end of the raid just not being an option, the flea market disabled, all that. I personally find the best way to play is just zero to hero and scrapping by. Such satisfaction when you kill the other players with superior gameplay.

I hope they explore like a prestige system or something. Or add options that just take gobs of roubles that chads would want. Just something it eat up or erase a ton of roubles so that players aren't able to just run constant S-Tier gear from the first week.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
I just want mtx outfits. BSG take my money to rock cutoff jean bootyshorts on Hudson already.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

ShowTime posted:

Threads been quiet. People still playing or we waiting on the wipe? It could come any day now, but on Kleans podcast yesterday Nikita did say the next patch has been delayed. It was slated for beginning of June but I feel that its gonna come mid June and there will be a wipe. He also confirmed a main profile and a seasonal profile, which is good to hear (not for next patch, just that it's the plan).

But I don't really play right now if anyone would like something to try out. If you want a gear set, a key, whatever, just message me here or on Discord ( Headshock#7342 )and i'll hop on to pass you some stuff. I have a ton and am happy to bring enough for you and a friend if necessary. No reason you can't have some fun for a bit if you are just starting out.

yeah I basically just log in to collect bitcoins, make green gunpowder and refuel my generator

this is basically the mid-late-wipe lull before the minor content patch that tides people over for the remaining couple of months until the larger patch + wipe (when I'll probably start playing again)

I very much doubt they'll be wiping in mid June, the last few wipes have been very consistently just over 200 days and that'd leave them well short

good to have confirmation on seasons - everybody assumed that was the case because it's what makes sense for the game, but it's Tarkov so v0v

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

I'm waiting for the wipe and new content. Or some kind of re-balancing. Seeing the inertia feature delayed until 12.12 is disappointing but whatever.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I admittedly did play more yesterday and today than I have in awhile. I've discovered why everyone uses the DVL and it's a fun gun. 100K for a quick little sniper rifle that shoots M61? No wonder it's so popular.

I do kind of want to find a Red Keycard too, just to say I finally did, but gently caress Shoreline. I think I'm just gonna farm Reserve and try and get one from Gluhar.

Orv
May 4, 2011
So Yaeger is remaking The Cycle, their weird janky MOBA-cum-Hunt-cum-competitive sportsball game into a sci-fi Tarkov-alike. It's super janky right now and frankly while I expect that to get tightened up, if people from this thread try it most of you probably won't be interested. And that's fair, Tarkov's greatest strength is its shooting and basic gameplay and right now The Cycle is still pretty rough on that. I'd honestly wait until it fully releases to try it but I know there are at least a few other people in here who like seeing how the sausage is made, in order to feed that poisoned sausage to some poor idiot.

It makes a cool change to Tarkov's systems though, among a few others, in that servers are full persistent. They restart every six hours but until that time any time someone leaves or is killed they are shortly after replaced back up to the player cap of the map (which I think is about 12-15 right now?) The maps are loving huge and it's way easier to hide and avoid people than even on Tarkov's biggest maps, meaning you can wander around, snipe people, extract camp, do a PvE quest and extract an hour later instead of Tarkov's whole "Alright bus's leaving, everybody on" poo poo.

Again, the game is hyper-rough right now and even when it's finished it's not remotely going to be a "Tarkov killer" or some poo poo like that. But I thought some people might enjoy it. They're doing a test right now today through Monday and will be doing other ones over the next few months, targeting Q3/4 to launch. You can sign up for access through Steam and they'll give it to you when they do the next wave/test.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Orv posted:

But I thought some people might enjoy it.
Well it caught my attention now, so thank you for posting about it. Signed up, hopefully next wave will be soon.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

ShowTime posted:

I admittedly did play more yesterday and today than I have in awhile. I've discovered why everyone uses the DVL and it's a fun gun. 100K for a quick little sniper rifle that shoots M61? No wonder it's so popular.

I do kind of want to find a Red Keycard too, just to say I finally did, but gently caress Shoreline. I think I'm just gonna farm Reserve and try and get one from Gluhar.

Buy a military power filter off the flea for like 40-50k and you can barter it for the silenced version of the DVL.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Shannow posted:

Buy a military power filter off the flea for like 40-50k and you can barter it for the silenced version of the DVL.

Yea I figured this out a little after building them. I just had barters hidden. I have like 20 power filters I was using them for a bit but haven't really played much lately.

Such a good deal and gun.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

nikitia give wipe

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Been enjoying a duo hardcore experience lately while waiting for the next wipe and it actually feels very refreshing. Never before have I been happy to find food or small menial items which I wouldn't have given any thought about on normal runs. Every loss hurts way more, but also helps with the Tarkov mindset where you can't be attached to anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CH Science
Sep 11, 2019

https://twitter.com/summergamefest/status/1402346722232193025