Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Indecisive posted:

eh as far as I'm concerned, berserk starts + ends with the golden age stuff establishing the world, everything after that should just have been anime fight of the week stuff with no plot throughline. guts big strong he kill the baddies the end. oh no his tortured soul who cares. there was never going to be a satisfying arc or conclusion which is why it was never made

yeah I too like when stories mean nothing and things just happen arbitrarily

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Indecisive posted:

eh as far as I'm concerned, berserk starts + ends with the golden age stuff establishing the world, everything after that should just have been anime fight of the week stuff with no plot throughline. guts big strong he kill the baddies the end. oh no his tortured soul who cares. there was never going to be a satisfying arc or conclusion which is why it was never made

go watch something more on your reading level, like the conan cartoon

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Marvel films have ruined an entire generation :cripes:

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

beep by grandpa posted:

This is always the dumbest take. Wow, one person said something I think is stupid, guess their entire generation is hosed, and it's all because of this one film series I don't like!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Calm the gently caress down goon sir

What is hyperbole/exaggeration

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

beep by grandpa posted:

Rene Arnoux is that you?

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
The only thing that Marvel movies have really demonstrably ruined is dialogue in TV/film. I'm so sick of terrible Tony Stark-style punchup lines being in everything, now.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Pennsylvanian posted:

The only thing that Marvel movies have really demonstrably ruined is dialogue in TV/film. I'm so sick of terrible Tony Stark-style punchup lines being in everything, now.

That was way before Marvel, Joss Whedon infected that decades before with Buffy

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Tae posted:

That was way before Marvel, Joss Whedon infected that decades before with Buffy

Yeah, you're right. I think it's just become even more prevalent since Marvel. A guy in the DnD group I DM for described Whedon dialogue as "that one line from every mid-90s action movie they would use for the trailer, except it's written to be every single line of dialogue."

Pennsylvanian fucked around with this message at 18:57 on May 22, 2021

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Pennsylvanian posted:

Yeah, you're right. I think it's just become even more prevalent since Marvel. A guy in the DnD group I DM for described Whedon dialogue as "that one line from every mid-90s action movie they would use for the trailer, except it's written to be every single line of dialogue."

Funny, that's exactly how I describe Chris Nolan except in a different genre.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

beep by grandpa posted:

more like post by grandpa!!!

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

goons: endlessly complain about a story that hasn't had anything interesting happen in years

also goons: HOW DARE YOU INSULT THIS MASTERPIECE

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

We literally just had Rickert slap out Griffith and Casca returned to sanity you fuckin idiot.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Indecisive posted:

goons: endlessly complain about a story that hasn't had anything interesting happen in years

It's almost like your idea for Berserk was the worst idea in the world

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Indecisive posted:

Keep doubling down, woolie

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Indecisive posted:

You're stupid as gently caress and should also eat a dick.

Like a million fuckin cocks for trying to facetiously play "masterpiece" in the face of the incredible art and narrative that Miura slaved over his entire career.

Just goddamn people like you suck infinite poo poo.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 20:36 on May 22, 2021

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Maybe movies weren't that great if all it took was one sex pest 10 years to ruin them

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
As thread OP I now declare that Berserk was kinda overrated; dope art but too rapey and meandering after Golden Age, unfortunately Miura died now that it was getting good. This is the only valid opinion, nay, definitive analysis of the manga. Thank you for your attention.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

You're stupid as gently caress and should also eat a dick.

Like a million fuckin cocks for trying to facetiously play "masterpiece" in the face of the incredible art and narrative that Miura slaved over his entire career.

Just goddamn people like you suck infinite poo poo.

you sound a bit angry about your very mediocre animes that never paid off

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Indecisive posted:

You're pretty dense aren't you. Sorry you are being oppressed by this video game you haven't actually played, but not everything referencing trans people is meant solely for consumption by trans people. Maybe other people can learn something since you cannot

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Not a good history in this thread

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Only the Best Discourse in the Best Friends thread.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah maybe just don't interact with the poster whose only other comments of note in this thread were getting huffy that transpeople didn't like something in noted mediocre sequel Deadly Premonition 2 he clearly doesn't actually have anything of value to say

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

loving whatever, I'll admit maybe my hot takes on this manga I quit reading years ago aren't the best but thats no reason to dig up some probe from last year that is completely unrelated (and not transphobic, simply a personal attack). Sorry you get so offended by someone's opinions on manga but maybe you are the one being an rear end in a top hat.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Indecisive posted:

loving whatever, I'll admit maybe my hot takes on this manga I quit reading years ago aren't the best but thats no reason to dig up some probe from last year that is completely unrelated (and not transphobic, simply a personal attack). Sorry you get so offended by someone's opinions on manga but maybe you are the one being an rear end in a top hat.

You have always been the stupidest fucker in this thread where I and Grouchio post, so it's easy to remember you constantly making GBS threads your pants.

Shut the gently caress up. Maybe just post normal when someone disagrees with you instead of immediately jumping to weird goon hyperbole poo poo

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You have always been the stupidest fucker in this thread where I and Grouchio post, so it's easy to remember you constantly making GBS threads your pants.

Shut the gently caress up. Maybe just post normal when someone disagrees with you instead of immediately jumping to weird goon hyperbole poo poo

i havent seen real proof that hes stupider than you

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

The Winter Soldier was really good tho, I should have put that in my post

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

im sorry, are we in the Good Opinions Good Posts Only thread, or the thread about Woolie and Pat?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Why am I always singled out as the stupid poster again?

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

you guys are really going Berserk

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Grouchio posted:

Romany curse

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Regarde Aduck posted:

Romany curse
What the flying gently caress

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Grouchio posted:

Funniest post you've made

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

sirtommygunn posted:

This is always the dumbest take. Wow, one person said something I think is stupid, guess their entire generation is hosed, and it's all because of this one film series I don't like!

After ten years, people are getting sick of the Marvel Method. Sorry that upsets diehards still clinging to the brand.

Wait, I think its been eleven years actually.

RareAcumen posted:

Maybe movies weren't that great if all it took was one sex pest 10 years to ruin them

No, I'm pretty sure it's one film studio gaining absolute dominance over the industry that's doing that.

Also, don't be mean to Grouchio.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

You just don't have to watch them, a lot of people don't.

Like for something "gaining absolute dominance over the industry" I've managed to watch probably a whole two modern marvel movies and they were the most divorced from the overall thing at that. (Guardians of the Galaxy 1/2)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
grouchio is generally just oblivious or naive instead of actively malicious like a bunch of folks on the forums so he's at least a rung up from those sorts

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Yardbomb posted:

You just don't have to watch them, a lot of people don't.

Like for something "gaining absolute dominance over the industry" I've managed to watch probably a whole two modern marvel movies and they were the most divorced from the overall thing at that. (Guardians of the Galaxy 1/2)

I haven't watched a Marvel movie since Thor 3, but they're so omnipresent in the culture I know what's happened in all of them. That screams cultural dominance to me. Geek culture generally won't shut up about them.

Other than Uncut Gems, it feels like most of the movies I have watched recently have been pre-2014.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The only reason I know more than gently caress all about marvel or the new star wars movies is because people on SA keep arguing about them in unrelated threads

Andrast fucked around with this message at 10:26 on May 23, 2021