Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cage vs Sydal 3 2.78%
Ogogo vs Gunn 2 1.85%
Deeb vs Velvet 74 68.52%
Bucks vs Blonds 21 19.44%
Wild Things vs Acclaimed 8 7.41%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's not the dragons that screw you besides that one that breaks the bridge. it's those stinking leaper guys who jump at you and have yellow stuff coming off of them and they break your equipment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

MJeff posted:

Hypothetical situation.

We dunno how well Ogogo can work. Let's say his training goes well enough, either now or in the future, for him to be able to generally work the AEW house style in an all-around good, solid manner.

Should he do that or, regardless of his talent level in-ring, should he just continue working matches where if he hits you once, you're loving dead.

You do it until the punch is no longer over, then you phase the punch out by guys targeting it in matches and managing to dodge or block the punch or doing an injury angle where when he comes back you say his punch is only so much as effective as it was originally, but he’s balanced out that loss of sheer stopping power with (whatever else he’s gotten good at) and get that over.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

if the Punch stays over I think you run with it as a kill shot till at least the end of this year/start of next year. Some quick matches even in a high profile spot wouldn't hurt AEW and in fact will help give the big matches an unpredictable air. If you want to give him some seasoning as a wrestler you can do it in Tags where he can have a gimmick of not using the punch to save it for the big singles matches too

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

The Cameo posted:

You do it until the punch is no longer over, then you phase the punch out by guys targeting it in matches and managing to dodge or block the punch or doing an injury angle where when he comes back you say his punch is only so much as effective as it was originally, but he’s balanced out that loss of sheer stopping power with (whatever else he’s gotten good at) and get that over.

Anthony Ogogo has rerolled his talent points and is now running Demonology instead of 0/0/61 destro

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

smarxist posted:

Anthony Ogogo has rerolled his talent points and is now running Demonology instead of 0/0/61 destro

This is an entirely possible situation if Ogogo teams with Brandon Cutler at some point

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I can easily see them doing a spot where the match immediately ends up out of the ring, and Ogogo goes for punch, the other guy ducks, and he hits the ring post.

Or better yet, some one lifts Q.T.'s "Throne", and Ogogo hits the stairs

https://twitter.com/ontheairalex/status/1396227987297783809?s=20

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 00:48 on May 23, 2021

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I'm actually wondering if they'll use the Ogogo match to write out Cody for a bit. I imagine Brandi is due soon and he'd want to spend some time with her.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

If Mox wins the Tag Titles with Eddie, he'll be the first person to win two separate titles in AEW, right?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Ganso Bomb posted:

If Mox wins the Tag Titles with Eddie, he'll be the first person to win two separate titles in AEW, right?

Kenny Omega was tag champs with Adam Page.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I haven't actively watched wrestling for over a decade but I still follow the news on and off. Today I randomly clicked the latest Dark Elevation on youtube and can someone please explain the absurdly high bear count in AEW in general, and JD Drake in particular.

Thank you and god bless

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Beeswax posted:

I haven't actively watched wrestling for over a decade but I still follow the news on and off. Today I randomly clicked the latest Dark Elevation on youtube and can someone please explain the absurdly high bear count in AEW in general, and JD Drake in particular.

Thank you and god bless

AEW is a rich tapestry.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Writer Cath posted:

I'm actually wondering if they'll use the Ogogo match to write out Cody for a bit. I imagine Brandi is due soon and he'd want to spend some time with her.

Given that Brandi is doing vlogs I am guessing that Cody, Brandi and Mox are taking like 3 hours off work for their respective children. Who knows maybe Fuego and Sammy will be in the hospital for the delivery.

But I hope that Cody bites down on some bloodpacks and oozes blood all over the ring to take some time off for the birth.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
If there were some way for Cody to carry a child, he would probably give birth in the middle of the ring

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

RealFoxy posted:

If there were some way for Cody to carry a child, he would probably give birth in the middle of the ring

what an overbooked mess Cody's Newborn In An Incubator match turned out to be

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Cody won't take time off. Instead for the duration of the taping after Brandi gives birth, he'll dress as Rafiki and stand high above the entrance stage, presenting his baby who's going to solve racism to an adoring crowd while "Circle of Life" plays on a loop. I'm sure TK can afford the licensing fee.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
The obgyn was finally able to roll the figure 4, finish dilating Cody and get that baby delivered

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Cody will hook himself up to that machine that simulates childbirth for men and end up with a crimson mask

e: It's this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A8khC6pM-Q

Daniel Bryan also no-sold the One Chip challenge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs9VtWT6euU

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 01:36 on May 23, 2021

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Lol, I can totally see Cody stashing a blade in his wristband in the waiting room just in case

I might have to gig in there if we lose the crowd!!!

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

smarxist posted:

what an overbooked mess Cody's Newborn In An Incubator match turned out to be

yeah, but I’m intrigued by the ending where QT Marshall disguised himself as an anesthesiologist and stole the child in order to train it to become the ultimate Rhodes-destroyer

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

smarxist posted:

Lol, I can totally see Cody stashing a blade in his wristband in the waiting room just in case

I might have to gig in there if we lose the crowd!!!

Brandi forces him to leave all his blades at home. But then, when he's allowed in the room, he spots a surgical blade in the corner of his eye...

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

bartok posted:

Kenny Omega was tag champs with Adam Page.

Derp, I'm an idiot

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
In the movie Roadhouse Wade Garrett (Sam Elliot) does a big hook to a guys knee region.

Ogogo should consider adding that punch to his arsenal, as it looks gnarly has hell.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Beeswax posted:

Thank you and god bless

There weren't really any at the start and Tony found it to be a key deficiency

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Malcolm Excellent posted:

In the movie Roadhouse Wade Garrett (Sam Elliot) does a big hook to a guys knee region.

Ogogo should consider adding that punch to his arsenal, as it looks gnarly has hell.

is this movie where they got Wade Barrett’s name from lol

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

He got Barrett from some Call of Duty game he liked, I don't know about the Wade part

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

The Penta Says gimmick was executed perfectly the first time by doing it three times in a row, with increased glee and sarcasm with each iteration. Since then they've only done them as smarmy one-offs that don't work nearly as well.

Also the Lucha Bros don't open every Dynamite and I feel that is an oversite.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Seams posted:

is this movie where they got Wade Barrett’s name from lol

I think it was.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

edit: wrong thread.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

magiccarpet posted:

The Penta Says gimmick was executed perfectly the first time by doing it three times in a row, with increased glee and sarcasm with each iteration. Since then they've only done them as smarmy one-offs that don't work nearly as well.

Also the Lucha Bros don't open every Dynamite and I feel that is an oversite.

It's great when they're actually cutting a promo. The first time he interrupted a match to say "I just remembered something Penta told me in the back" was great too, but then they did the exact same thing in a couple more matches, and it didn't work. They need to figure out better ways to do it, or just stick to promos outside of matches.

Semi-related, I thought the stinger at the beginning of Death Triangle's theme was some sound bite they recorded in a studio, but I went back and rewatched their formation and Penta & Fenix actually sounded like that when they first said it on the mic. There are still some warping effects for the entrance theme, but they just happened to do a perfect take in front of the live crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmRFWHwyxSU&t=210s (~3:35)

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

sticklefifer posted:

It's great when they're actually cutting a promo. The first time he interrupted a match to say "I just remembered something Penta told me in the back" was great too, but then they did the exact same thing in a couple more matches, and it didn't work. They need to figure out better ways to do it, or just stick to promos outside of matches.

Semi-related, I thought the stinger at the beginning of Death Triangle's theme was some sound bite they recorded in a studio, but I went back and rewatched their formation and Penta & Fenix actually sounded like that when they first said it on the mic. There are still some warping effects for the entrance theme, but they just happened to do a perfect take in front of the live crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmRFWHwyxSU&t=210s (~3:35)

this is why sibling tag teams are the best tag teams

(seriously tho lol hell of a take on that read guys, bravo)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hope it goes well

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Hope it goes well

thanks

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Praying for the Honk but i know the wingmen got his six

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Episode 7 is excellent. Everybody's brawlin' and throwin' shade.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Eat The Rich posted:

Episode 7 is excellent. Everybody's brawlin' and throwin' shade.

Is that the Dippin’ Dots one? That was such a fun early moment on Dynamite

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
NOT THE drat DIPPIN' DOTS :bahgawd:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The dippin dots brawl is still maybe my favourite dynamite segment yet

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I love backstage brawling where the camera follows them

who was Mox beating up with the potato, Blade? that was really good

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
mox potatoed KENTA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the potato brawl was very good too, but dippin dots had crowd members just milling around the concourse while it was going on and god i miss crowds and such :smith: