Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

OnimaruXLR posted:

That Lois design by itself has me more excited for this Superman show than every single bit of news about the Batman show

What do you even do with Batman at this point? You've got balanced Batman in TAS, action-focused The Batman, team-up focused Batman on Brave and the Bold, and ongoing narrative over in Young Justice. Well, I guess technically that last one could probably be done a bit better, with an actual focus on the Bat family, but the fact that it's the golden age design in the illustration gives me doubts that we're going to see a lot of the expanded cast.

I want a loving Nightwing series.

Or Supersons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

I want a loving Nightwing series.

Or Supersons

:amen:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I miss the days when people’s pant legs went down to the tops of their shoes. Must be getting old.

To be consistent there really should be cuffs on the blue leg part of Superman's costume with skin showing just above the red boots.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

hiddenriverninja posted:

Beware the Batman did pair Bruce with Katana who you didn't really see anywhere (I believe this was before SS) and had Agent 47 Alfred.

I would love for Alfred to be done like Agent 47 from the latest games. Particularly with a dry sense of humour, with barely contained menace behind his words.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Agent 47 in the latest games is hilarious because he comes across like he thinks he's being very good at blending in and very subtle with his pun-threats, but he's always stone faced and scowling and saying like "Enjoy this beverage... TO KILL YOU" and it's a goddamn miracle no one suspects him of anything.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

OnimaruXLR posted:

That Lois design by itself has me more excited for this Superman show than every single bit of news about the Batman show

What do you even do with Batman at this point? You've got balanced Batman in TAS, action-focused The Batman, team-up focused Batman on Brave and the Bold, and ongoing narrative over in Young Justice. Well, I guess technically that last one could probably be done a bit better, with an actual focus on the Bat family, but the fact that it's the golden age design in the illustration gives me doubts that we're going to see a lot of the expanded cast.

The dream is a Dickbats and Damien series.

Barring that I’d be happy with a Batman series that goes all in on the Batfamily. All the Robins, Oracle, both Batgirls, appearances by the Birds of Prey, even bring in the Batman, Inc members.

Just give me a series showing how large Batman’s web of Batfamily and Gotham based allies is and go wild with that instead of going back to THE DARK LONER KNIGHT SERIOUS MAN again.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Well, since we're talking things we want to see and I'm apparently more positive on this than most, I would love it if we got Golden Age style designs for some slightly more modern characters. The Batman '66 comics did that with some characters and it was a delight.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Jason Todd '66

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Inkspot posted:

Jason Todd '66

I could see a '66 version of Jason Todd Robin working, Dick goes off to college and Adam West Batman adopts a kid trying to steal his hubcaps. But I don't think any of the villains ever actually succeeded in killing someone. So I don't know how you do Red Hood without completely loving up the vibe.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Skwirl posted:

I could see a '66 version of Jason Todd Robin working, Dick goes off to college and Adam West Batman adopts a kid trying to steal his hubcaps. But I don't think any of the villains ever actually succeeded in killing someone. So I don't know how you do Red Hood without completely loving up the vibe.

Honestly now I'm just picturing '66 Jason Todd just being a total psycho and him getting killed by one of the villains happens completely by accident as an act of self defense

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Still played by Burt Ward, but he smokes now.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Inkspot posted:

Still played by Burt Ward, but he smokes now.

Okay, now I'm into it.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Has anyone seen Invincible? The animation is loving awful,it’s like newgrounds 2008 levels of characters sliding in and out of frame and cg shots of crowds from 1996.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Has anyone seen Invincible? The animation is loving awful,it’s like newgrounds 2008 levels of characters sliding in and out of frame and cg shots of crowds from 1996.

Yeah I kinda loved it

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

The animation definitely looks very cheap and offputting at times, but the overall production was pretty enjoyable.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I'm hoping the apparent success allows them to get more budget for the animation because, though I enjoyed it a lot, the animation could be rough

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Taken from TheFwoosh (toy) forums:

What an absurdly idiotic take. But then, only a sith deals in absolutes.

I responded with: “That’s a heck of a hot take in a world where Avatar, Korra, Ducktales 2017, She-Ra, Adventure Time, OK KO, Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, Star Wars Rebels, Clone Wars, The Bad Batch, Regular Show, etc. etc. all exist—many of which make a very strong push for representation of all kinds of people and are enjoyable to people of all ages AND all got multiple seasons.

The Superman show looks cute, and if making Jimmy Olson a person of color and giving Lois Lane a cool haircut is “pushing an agenda” then I’ll get in line to help push.”

Just a bunch of lovely arrested development, closed minded chuds that are into superhero poo poo. :smith:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Lois Lane would absolutely have that haircut.

I want to see her gently caress somebody up.

You can't see it in this but she takes that gun off a dead body.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

I love the Fleischer Superman (though, I have the collection and haven't watched the wartime ones yet 'cause... uh... those're gonna be a bit rough), I hope the new Batman series take inspiration from it like B:tAS did. Or more, even.

Fleischer Lois kicks rear end. I mean, besides her grabbing a tommy gun and letting loose, in the very first one she took a plane straight to the villain's lair for an interview, and The Mechanical Monsters has "you'll read about it in tomorrow's papers!" just immediately after being caught by the villain with zero hesitation.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Nanigans posted:

Taken from TheFwoosh (toy) forums:

What an absurdly idiotic take. But then, only a sith deals in absolutes.

I responded with: “That’s a heck of a hot take in a world where Avatar, Korra, Ducktales 2017, She-Ra, Adventure Time, OK KO, Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, Star Wars Rebels, Clone Wars, The Bad Batch, Regular Show, etc. etc. all exist—many of which make a very strong push for representation of all kinds of people and are enjoyable to people of all ages AND all got multiple seasons.

The Superman show looks cute, and if making Jimmy Olson a person of color and giving Lois Lane a cool haircut is “pushing an agenda” then I’ll get in line to help push.”

Just a bunch of lovely arrested development, closed minded chuds that are into superhero poo poo. :smith:

Talking about how 90s cartoons were enjoyable for both kids and adults is either remembering the cartoons you liked as a kid and pretending your parents liked them too or admitting you are in your 50s.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lol at episode 3 of MODOK with Master Pandemonium and his demon baby hands.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
modok was...decent..i guess? i dunno it wasn't actively bad enough that i wanted to turn it off but it wasn't really that funny most of the time and it doesn't have a strong supporting cast to carry it like harley does. i found myself watching it more out of inertia than anything by the halfway point

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
IN TIME YOU WILL LEARN THAT MODOK LIKES THEM BIG 'OL JUICY BUTTS!

this poo poo is hilarious

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
did you guys know that there's a Scooby Doo direct to video animated movie that ends with the implication that the main antagonist was murdered offscreen by real actual Batman villain Scarecrow?

because I saw it the other day and I can't stop thinking about it

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blockhouse posted:

did you guys know that there's a Scooby Doo direct to video animated movie that ends with the implication that the main antagonist was murdered offscreen by real actual Batman villain Scarecrow?

Said not Scarecrow villain has also shown up in recent Scooby Movies sabotaging the Scooby gang and trying to get them to quit. This movie just revealed he was a villain and was doing it on purpose.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

I did not, but the Scooby gang has teamed up with Batman multiple times. And there was an incredibly violent crossover with the Winchester brothers from Supernatural, so it doesn't surprise me.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

MonsterEnvy posted:

Said not Scarecrow villain has also shown up in recent Scooby Movies sabotaging the Scooby gang and trying to get them to quit. This movie just revealed he was a villain and was doing it on purpose.

Wow I thought the scarecrow was a hero. This is huge news

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

site posted:

Wow I thought the scarecrow was a hero. This is huge news

Was talking about the Villain that’s not Scarecrow. Scarecrow is an ally of the Scooby Gang for most of the movie (along with Elivra Mistress of the Night, and Bill Nye) after he is revealed as a red herring.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Was talking about the Villain that’s not Scarecrow. Scarecrow is an ally of the Scooby Gang for most of the movie (along with Elivra Mistress of the Night, and Bill Nye) after he is revealed as a red herring.

What the gently caress is this movie?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

MonsterEnvy posted:

oh, sorry i misunderstood. the rest of that is suitably batshit

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Blockhouse posted:

lol I heard about it because a podcast I follow did an episode about it after the host saw it with his son and was floored at what he was seeing. I've been meaning to see it just because of how weird it sounded.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

I need to pick it up since seeing the trailer with Elvira, Scarecrow, and Bill Nye I decided I absolutely need to own it at some point. I am so glad Elvira finally showed up in Scooby-Doo.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TwoPair posted:

lol I heard about it because a podcast I follow did an episode about it after the host saw it with his son and was floored at what he was seeing. I've been meaning to see it just because of how weird it sounded.

What Podcast?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Sometimes Scooby Doo direct-to-dvd movies are just batshit. Like the one where Metallica are for real dimensional wizards, or the one where John Cena smashes a rock to save the scooby gang.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

What is the name of the Bill Nye, Elivira, Scarecrow for Batman, Scooby-Doo mash up?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Skwirl posted:

What is the name of the Bill Nye, Elivira, Scarecrow for Batman, Scooby-Doo mash up?

Happy Halloween, Scooby Doo!

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Invincible’s quality is a function of the amount of footage they had to get through. I’m not necessarily expecting the visuals to improve by leaps and bounds in subsequent seasons but I expect the first did well enough that the next ones will be a bit more polished.

Anyway yeah the new DC shows looks good, though something about groundbreaking animation techniques in an article about Batman made me worry they’re gonna try cgi to get texture on the characters and it’s gonna look all janky.

Anyone seem that Zima Blue short from Love Death Robots? A Batman series that looked sort of like that (appears to be traditional animation but with a lot of texture on the faces somehow) would be amazing. Might be bank breaking though.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

What Podcast?

The Flop House (and I was wrong, it was not a normal host but guest Justin McElroy)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

muscles like this! posted:

Happy Halloween, Scooby Doo!

It's also directed by the creator of The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, which is actually pretty obvious in some respects(for one thing it borrows the whole pumpkin monsters bit from that show's Halloween special)