Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

wuggles posted:

Hi! I’m Daisy.

Hi I'm Todd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i love dry bones, daisy, rosalina, and boo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

dry bones is awful. please keep your bones wet, its important

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Speed Racer is a murderer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwP9hUTPt88

Seriously what the hell was going on in the old anime?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Electric Phantasm posted:

He's basically James Bond Jr.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

I do not know how much more clear the opening could be when it states "he is a demon on wheels". Speed Racer kills a guy no question in like the first 3 episodes and goes on to stop coup attempts and gunfight terrorist organizations. If you think Speed Racer is a show about racing with a neat car and not a psychopathic killer who channels his passion into vehicular homicide you need to catch up.

Its actually something I deeply appreciated about the film, if you watch that ending sequence linked before you'll see it reveals the reason why Speed Racer became a driver (its an ongoing conversation in the film not answered till that sequence) wasn't winning or going fast, it was the head to head destruction of his opponents.

Edit: Film status - Still utterly incredible and again, there is not a better edited movie in existence.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 18:41 on May 22, 2021

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Dunno about “best” editing but it is very flashy

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i pick yoshi

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Zaphod42 posted:

Its like the hollywood ghost in the shell or dragon ball evolution in some ways.

It absolutely is not

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Barudak posted:

Edit: Film status - Still utterly incredible and again, there is not a better edited movie in existence.

if youre talking about the matrix speedracer movie it was edited in a truly hypnotic way, ive tried three times to watch that fillum but i always fall asleep. they should hire those editors to cut videos to make babie in crib fall asleep

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Mobile game ads, sometimes, are weird

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
i think thats by design

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Khanstant posted:

if youre talking about the matrix speedracer movie it was edited in a truly hypnotic way, ive tried three times to watch that fillum but i always fall asleep. they should hire those editors to cut videos to make babie in crib fall asleep

Sorry it doesn't work for you, but also Im genuinely envious of people who a) can sleep through films and b) go back to films they slept through once and try again.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

redline is my favorite speed racer movie

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Mix. posted:

gently caress yes

Redline is sooooo good. That animation is insane.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Who do you guys main / who would you main in Super Mario Party

I really love Mario character design

In Super Mario Party specifically I like Daisy/Shy Guy because their dices (dies??) are very low risk (Daisy is all 3s and 4s and Shy Guy is all 4s with one 0)

i like toad/toadette the best but sadly in this one they are doomed to host the party

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Mix. posted:

Wise Blood is my favorite mad max movie

"Nobody with a good car needs to be justified!"

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

wuggles posted:

Hi! I’m Daisy.

Greetings

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jay Rust posted:

Mobile game ads, sometimes, are weird

Are there actual mobile games that do the "Solve this baby puzzle to get the treasure without dropping lava on your character" that all the ads seem to be showing these days

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Are there actual mobile games that do the "Solve this baby puzzle to get the treasure without dropping lava on your character" that all the ads seem to be showing these days

Those are hilariously all scams that end up being a simple puzzle matching game.

I saw an indie dev on twitter said he actually built the lava puzzle, I think he made a tutorial out of it too...

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Reminds me of the fake ads for something called Evertale that makes the game look like some Pokemon creepypasta when in reality it's basically like every other gacha mobile game out there also it costs $1 to download which is the most blatant thing.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ometeotl posted:

I got through the 5th case in Danganronpa V3 RIP Kaito what a bro
I couldn't continue after the 1st case I was so blood-boiling mad.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Alright so results of my big-brain Let It Die idea. I did the farming route twice more and I wasn't getting the item I needed, and runs were taking a while. But, I was able to find a recipe for a high-level weapon and the runs had given me the items I needed to make it. It's a rapier, which required 50 Dex, and I only have 40. To get around this, I bought a decal which halves the Dex requirement for weapons so I could equip it.

Now, apparently the Goto fight on 23 is a notorious stopping point for players online. I read some article from a journalist who spent 23$ on death medals so they could get a free revive mid fight. Granted, that would be like, 30 retries, which is pathetic, but if you didn't know all about the game's mechanics and how stats worked I could maybe see it. I get into the fight and die after doing like 1/3 damage to an attack I didn't know could track you. I didn't want to re-farm all my gold to do the fight again, so I used my free continue for the day. At like 1/4 HP left I died again to getting chainstunned into the wall. I farmed a free Death Metal from the multiplayer yesterday, so I used it here to finish it off. Won the fight, so that's a huge hurdle out of the way.

Now, here's the deal: the fight respawns every time you come back to the floor. So, I can't leave. I have to go up to floor 25, for two reasons. One, that's the next checkpoint, so if I get there I can just warp straight there and skip the 23 fight. Secondly, 25 is when the new tier of fighters unlock, meaning I can buy a character with a higher level cap and higher stats. Imagine BOTW stats, that's kind of similar to how this works. The difference between a level 78 character (my current cap) and a level 125 character would be MASSIVE, meaning I would be able to trivialize any further fights against the 23 boss. I get into 24, and there's a few close calls, but I manage to progress. There was one very scary part where I aggroed two enemies, one with a gun, and I had to jump over a barricade to chainstun them as they hit the ground several times. I get a little farther in and there's a nice little rest point with tons of healing stuff, so I stock up. I'm at full health, I still have my armor, but I'm starting to get worried because I'm running low on weapons. So I see a little doorway and I was like "gently caress I bet there's a dark souls enemy behind that 90 degree angle" so I approach the door while guarding and an enemy hits me with an overhead axe attack and oneshots me

I have to do the Goto fight on 23 and the entirety of floor 24 over

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

I know a lot of people who love it, but for me its too different than the source material which is frustrating. (And in a western adaptation!)

Its like the hollywood ghost in the shell or dragon ball evolution in some ways.

Nah, it's an incredibly faithful adaptation of the source material('s dub)

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

wuggles posted:

Hi! I’m Daisy.

How you doin'? :wink:

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Grouchio posted:

I couldn't continue after the 1st case I was so blood-boiling mad.

lol why

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What are some examples of adaptation changes that you like better than the original?

The things that come to mind for me are the alcohol from Skies of Arcadia getting localized as a special drink everyone loves called "Loqua" that is made from moonstones. It's still obviously booze but the idea of drinks made from magic space rocks and the drinks having different flavors as a result and different tastes is pretty fun and pretty thematic to the world overall.

Another is Phil Hartman in Kiki's Delivery Service. I prefer the original disney dub that had Phil Hartman chatting it up over the later disney edit that cuts a bunch of his stuff to try and be more faithful to the original, plus I just like Phil Hartman Jiji.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

monty mole or shy guy all the way

Today I learned that there's an imposter Monty Mole. From what I can tell, the Mario one appeared first in 1990?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wanted:_Monty_Mole This one's from 1984. I played Auf Wiedersehen Monty https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auf_Wiedersehen_Monty on my ZX spectrum as a kid.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

What are some examples of adaptation changes that you like better than the original?

The things that come to mind for me are the alcohol from Skies of Arcadia getting localized as a special drink everyone loves called "Loqua" that is made from moonstones. It's still obviously booze but the idea of drinks made from magic space rocks and the drinks having different flavors as a result and different tastes is pretty fun and pretty thematic to the world overall.

Another is Phil Hartman in Kiki's Delivery Service. I prefer the original disney dub that had Phil Hartman chatting it up over the later disney edit that cuts a bunch of his stuff to try and be more faithful to the original, plus I just like Phil Hartman Jiji.

I remember the DS version of Chrono Trigger censors the alcohol by calling it skullsmash iirc, which is pretty funny.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oxxidation posted:

the final don (i forgot that there were only four, not five)

your weapons are stripped away and you're forced to fight multiple waves of enemies (including COEN) barehanded, on a stage the size of a postage stamp, with massive damage if you fall off, before the boss fight even starts

He's secretly the easiest because by that point you can just get invincibility shrooms when you get your stuff back after CO-EN.

The worst boss imo is the CO-EN in the MILK area since he can literally one-shot you and you don't have a reliable place to get the invicible shrooms. He's also what gates the fifth tier of fighters.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I've already beaten him I'm on floor 23 now. I didn't actually need any, my armor is actually pretty good and so I just used a damage-up mushroom, wailed on him for 30 seconds, ran away and healed, then did it again.

If you get up to Crowley you can two shot him with a motor psychos rage attack

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Do not play Let It Die ever it's very bad

but it is fun to do the mental math required to figure out how to beat roadblocks that the game clearly intended for you not to be able to do without throwing some money at the game. Like I said, this boss has WAY too much HP to fight in a fair 1v1, and so what the game wants you to do is to spend quarters on extra lives. You can't upgrade any of your weapons to do more damage because the item you need is dropped from the boss itself.

...buuuuuut there is a guaranteed trap room on floor 22 out of the way of the main route that will always drop a floor-appropriate upgrade material, and the boss drop is in this item pool. So, if I just grind trips to this trap room, I can get the item I need to double my weapon damage.

That being said, this would also be an absolute nightmare if it werent for my free premium pass. A death while farming would cost me an hour of additional farming for coins. With the pass, it's about 5 mins of farming per death, plus maybe a little more for new equipment.

I have 56 hours left to beat the game

Honestly the most satisfying part of LID to me was just flipping the bird and never spending money and beating it anyways.

Spending death metal on revives is the singlest worst thing you can do though. If you spend them on decals instead you'll be strong enough it won't matter.

You can also trade skillshrooms for Serial Killer (I think), Barbarian and One Shot Kill and just brrr everyone down with the assault rifle.

I think sometime after I quit playing they nerfed F2P rewards too, so don't take any of this as me saying "its good people should play it" because its not and they shouldnt, I just like it anyways.

Also are you using pillbugs from 11(I think) that respawn near the start? the shrooms they give when stomped are 1ups.

If you don't have Night Scout armor (one of the best in the game) probably better to use something from Candle Wolf since War Ensemble armor is mostly weak to slashing (which Candle Wolf grunts use on swords and axes and stuff) while resisting piercing (which War Ensemble ones use with snipers and shotguns and so on). Priest and Sengoku armor are good because they have good resists, armor value and you can get low tier Candle Wolf metal from just killing the GOTO-9 in Jackson's area (like floor 11 i think)

e: If you're still using that jungle machete or sword you should probably ditch it for an iron hammer or something. steam iron is also good because it basically 100% shatters enemy gear after a few hits + it's rage movie is a huge tear gas effect (faiing that frogshrooms are good) and enemies die in about 2 hits if they have no armor. You can bring slashing weapons back out for the GOTO-9 on floor 23 though since it's weak to slash.

GOTO-9 tips in specific:

the scorpion mushrooms are good because you don't want to eat too many hits anyways and the mount of attack gained vs. defence lost means you'll have less chances to make mistakes before the boss dies anyways.

Slash is good for the boss (axe, sword, machete, butterfly knife,whatever you have that's strongest), ranged attacks are good for the skeletons (esp. the AR since it has a grenade if they cluster).

When it turns red throw a stingshroom for the boss to eat near it, it'll eat it then go berserk and slam into a wall to stun itself. After that rage move it with the axe. Like 3 times and it'll die.

Floor 22 has a chest that can drop Black Metal, which lets you power stuff up to be equal and then stronger than the enemies on the same floor.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 23:16 on May 22, 2021

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Real chads are on the Dry Bones Crew

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
dem bones dem bones

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Acerbatus posted:

Spending death metal on revives is the singlest worst thing you can do though. If you spend them on decals instead you'll be strong enough it won't matter.

Yeah so I didn't realize you got to keep decals so long as you do a kill coin return. I bought two that increased my max HP and stamina by 50% and turns out that was enough to put me over the edge of beating Goto and getting to 25, so now I've got the next fighter tier.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i decided to really jump into no man's sky for the first time (played it for a bit at launch, was not impressed) and drat this game rules now

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Grapplejack posted:

Real chads are on the Dry Bones Crew

if dry bowser is bones that means regular bowser is wet bowser

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

checks out

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

if dry bowser is bones that means regular bowser is wet bowser

WAB

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

This was my first year watching the "Eurovision"... that was pretty fun

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Shadow of Mordor remains sick. God, Mind Control is so stupidly fun. It was smart enough that they let you stealthily turn orcs into sleeper agents you can activate all at once with the press of a button, but I just found out that you can also target orcs individually and activate them one at a time with triangle. Very useful if you want to create a distraction but you have a captain nearby whose cover you don't want to blow.

I keep stumbling into extra captains by accident. I activated a sleeper agent without realizing there was an unbranded captain nearby with "Fear of Betrayal" in his weaknesses, so as soon as orc on orc violence started, I got a cutscene showing him freaking out and running away. Like, I didn't even know he was there, but since he's basically helpless, it would seem rude not to bring him into the fold, right?

Don't worry, buddy. I promise I won't betray you... or at least, I'll betray you in such a way that you won't get a chance to freak out about it. It's the least I can do. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hwurmp posted:

checks out
That's also the weird bowser who talked normal.