Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
This is something probably few people have noticed about crystalflies.

On the PS5, crystalflies move about as you approach but it's stochastic and there's little change in height. I can do a little run near the Petra and Noblesse domains and grab 12-14 crystalflies in a couple minutes.

I also have a mobile/pc farm account to try out characters like Razor, Yanfei, Childe. But on the PC, as I approach the dumb bugs immediately start flying away in different directions. And they fly up up up and don't come back down. It's GD impossible to grab more than one or two.

I don't play the 2nd account much, so it almost always surprises me and I wind up cussing and desperately trying to climb rocks to get the stupid things. It's a gigantic pain in the rear end to get enough for a day or two while on the PS5 grabbing them is like picking flowers.

Now you know my pain. Not sure it does it on mobile because chasing stuff on mobile is like trying to play the piano with oven mitts on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
The most painful crystalfly thing is trying to get the two that spawn on the anemo statue near the winery without opening the statue blessing menu.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

i just grab them when i see them and always have 40+

have never run out and always dump all my resin into condensed unless i'm bossing

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i have more than 700 and play on pc

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The cave with the jade on the mountain overlooking Liyue Harbor is easy to grab plenty in. You enter from above and there aren't many places for them to go.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

One of them had Crit DMG for the main stat and a Crit Rate substat. :cheers:

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Anno posted:

Thanks! GENSHINGIFT looks to be working currently.

There’s also this one:

https://games.crucial.com/promotions/466863643/genshin-impact-50-primogems-v15-giveaway

You have to sign up for an account to get the code but it’s not tied to your GI account in any way.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Today I had a Pyro Damage % goblet with Energy Recharge, Crit Rate, and Crit Damage roll Defense % x3 and CD x1 while leveling up to 16.

Top 10 anime betrayals

Selane
May 19, 2006

brainwrinkle posted:

Today I had a Pyro Damage % goblet with Energy Recharge, Crit Rate, and Crit Damage roll Defense % x3 and CD x1 while leveling up to 16.

Top 10 anime betrayals

'betrayal' implies that you weren't expecting it to happen

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Is there any good guide out there to artifacts/leveling artifacts? Every once in awhile when I level one up a new stat appears and I can’t really tell why/when/what to expect.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Bought a Claymore Billet from the smith in Liyue. Should I make Whiteblind or Prototype Archaic?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SlimGoodbody posted:

Bought a Claymore Billet from the smith in Liyue. Should I make Whiteblind or Prototype Archaic?

Depends on who you're using. Noelle will benefit more from the Whiteblind boosting her defense at higher constellations, but pretty much every other claymore user besides Chongyun will prefer the Archaic in the long run.

Also as far as I can tell, Noelle and maybe Xinyan are the only ones who would use the Whiteblind.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

SlimGoodbody posted:

Archaic unless you really like Noelle

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I do have a Noelle I should probably use more, but apparently she already has a Whiteblind. I guess I could refine it up a level if I smith a WB? Only other claymore friends are Razor and Chongyun so far.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

SlimGoodbody posted:

I do have a Noelle I should probably use more, but apparently she already has a Whiteblind. I guess I could refine it up a level if I smith a WB? Only other claymore friends are Razor and Chongyun so far.

I'd go Archaic even if you don't intend to use Razor right away. Billets are stupid rare, and Archaic is a very good f2p weapon.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Anno posted:

Is there any good guide out there to artifacts/leveling artifacts? Every once in awhile when I level one up a new stat appears and I can’t really tell why/when/what to expect.

Here's a handy chart:

Anno
May 10, 2017

Bloody Emissary posted:

Here's a handy chart:

Perfect. Thanks.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
I keep this open in a tab so I can be sad at probabilities.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.

The Crusher posted:

I'm so glad Zhongli got a rerun. I just got him to 55k HP and I've never felt more unkillable. I only wish I could have one for each abyss team. I'm hoping that the next Ganyu re-run isn't for a while because I need to save like 80k primos between now and then to C6 that goat. That is unless they end up releasing a 5 star that out DPS's her before then, would love it if the electro buff rumors made Baal into a fun monster (And Keqing by proxy, pleeeease make her useful).

The brilliant thing about Ganyu is that her skill and burst are barely relevant to her damage. She's all about that normal attack talent, so the only constellation that is very important for her damage output is C1. Once you have C1, any further investment is almost pointless.

She managed to drop as the best DPS unit in the game and there was nothing important gated behind constellations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i hope they give her a skin by the time a rerun rolls around, her normal look is very blah

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

On the topic of claymore users, I threw a 10 pull and got both Beidou and Eula :hehe:

No longer need to envy my wife constantly wrecking shop with Bei counterattacks, but now I have 5 claymore users and that's just a lot of big sword friends. Looked at Eula's talent tree and she looks like she could be a real Phys Dam monster with the right dial tweaking.

I'll grab the Archaic as well, thanks for the advice!

Oh, btw, what does it mean for a character to be 5 stars instead of 4? And what IS a genshin?

SlimGoodbody fucked around with this message at 09:59 on May 23, 2021

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I like how the Misty Dungeon melee trial specifically mentions a damage boost to polearms and they don't give you a single polearm user to pick in the lineup. Also the requirement of killing enemies with "normal and charged attacks" 12 times is weirdly worded I think because I'm sure I got at least that finishing mobs off with Noelle but it only counted 9 in the end.

Whatever, got my primos.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Five stars are one more than four stars.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I was hoping each day would have a different set of characters for the new trials so I'm a little disappointed

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Stare-Out posted:

I like how the Misty Dungeon melee trial specifically mentions a damage boost to polearms and they don't give you a single polearm user to pick in the lineup. Also the requirement of killing enemies with "normal and charged attacks" 12 times is weirdly worded I think because I'm sure I got at least that finishing mobs off with Noelle but it only counted 9 in the end.

Whatever, got my primos.

I'm pretty sure the explosions that proc from melee attacks are not Normal or Charged attacks, which means that the event bonus is working against you here.

In other news, doing the ranged challenge taught me the important lesson that all the ranged characters they gave you suck (except maybe Sucrose) and other than for getting the achievement I'd be better off just using Keqing and Albedo to kill everything from melee range.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
5 stars are rarer and generally intended to be more powerful than 4 stars, at least at zero constellations.

That word "intended" is important, though. Bennett being probably the strongest healer in the game, Fischl being the best off screen DPS, and a lot of 4 stars being better carries than Keqing, dps wise, demonstrates pretty well that we're still pretty early and the devs don't have a full grasp on how stuff interacts and how big of a downside certain problems are.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Extrapolating weird bullshit about dev competency is a bit much.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Yeah I don't think they have some official rule stating that all 4 stars are supposed to be bad or whatever.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I can guarantee that the devs didn't realize how powerful bennett's stuff is when they made the character.

Devs releasing characters that are low-key strong as gently caress without realizing it early in a game's lifespan happens all the time in games like this

Andrast fucked around with this message at 11:35 on May 23, 2021

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
My guess is that Bennet's ridiculous numbers were meant to be balanced out by the fact that he can't top you off above 70%, but that sort of neglects the fact that there are literally zero places in the game where that would be a problem. And then it turns into an attack buff, which is even better.

Similarly, Keqing's dps is actually quite good as long as she stays in range and has stamina, but those are two huge ifs that in practice make her a lot weaker than she should be on paper (and exacerbated by Electro reactions being bleh compared to Pyro ones). It's sort of a weird fact about this game that characters who rely on stamina to deal damage are just flat-out worse than ones who don't, and don't seem to have been given anything to compensate.

So I agree with Captain France that these balance issues likely stem from the devs not fully understanding how all their systems would interact when they first launched the game.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 11:37 on May 23, 2021

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

The single situation where Bennett's cap on healing is a problem is Albedo with Harbinger of Dawn, because he's one of the few that wants a wacky-rear end weapon like that. But if Albedo gets hit in the .5 seconds he's on field laying down his flower that's your own drat fault.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Clarste posted:

My guess is that Bennet's ridiculous numbers were meant to be balanced out by the fact that he can't top you off above 70%, but that sort of neglects the fact that there are literally zero places in the game where that would be a problem. And then it turns into an attack buff, which is even better.

Similarly, Keqing's dps is actually quite good as long as she stays in range and has stamina, but those are two huge ifs that in practice make her a lot weaker than she should be on paper (and exacerbated by Electro reactions being bleh compared to Pyro ones). It's sort of a weird fact about this game that characters who rely on stamina to deal damage are just flat-out worse than ones who don't, and don't seem to have been given anything to compensate.

So I agree with Captain France that these balance issues likely stem from the devs not fully understanding how all their systems would interact when they first launched the game.

I have no idea why one of Keqing's constellations isn't a stamina reduction like instead of...

Keqing C2 posted:

When Keqing's Normal and Charged Attacks hit opponents affected by Electro, they have a 50% chance of producing an Elemental Particle.
This effect can only occur once every 5s.

It was a stamina reduction or stamina refund on kills it's not even a guaranteed chance it's 50% this is a 5 star on the standard banner 540 pulls just lmao

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I’m pretty sure Bennett is fine and that there are tons of reasons to use other characters besides him.

XQ is slightly questionable tho.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
If there is one thing where I think the devs didn't really worry too much about it before release, then I'd argue it's elemental reactions.
Vaporize and Melt are flat multipliers, others deal static (and at high levels fairly insignificant) damage. Crystallize shields are tiny, boring, sometimes difficult to pick up and they disrupt all other elemental reactions. Even superconduct is more about the debuff than anything else.

They clearly had their priorities straight, since these damage numbers can easily be fixed in time and it certainly didn't take away from the games popularity, but the static numbers are so pitiful in comparison to everything else that it just seems like a lack of attention.
It works well enough and probably isn't a major issue. I mean the game is doing really well for itself. It's just that the "meta-game" is largely informed by the disparity in ERs. If they eventually fix that disparity and bring these things in line, then maybe XQ and Bennett wouldn't be the same oddities that they are.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Trying to get a better handle on some of the other characters I’ve picked up early on now that I feel pretty comfortable with Razor.

For Noelle, it seems nice that I can use all these DEF artifacts that, as far as I can tell, aren’t super useful on anyone else I’ve found. Is there any reason not to just stack DEF completely if I mainly use her for shielding and healing? I gave her a Favonious claymore I pulled in one of my beginner draws and it’s nice that when my other characters are getting low I can just switch to her, shield up and attack a lot to heal up and generate ult energy for everyone. She doesn’t really do damage except for in her ult because of the DEF -> ATK buff, but as far as I can tell that doesn’t matter for healing and she does okay enough damage during that time.

Any other hot Noelle tricks?

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
I've never used Amber. I've used phys damage Fischl as my main carry until I got Ganyu. Then, obviously, I used Ganyu. And after attempting to use Amber in this event as main carry, all I can say is, holy poo poo Amber, why are you so bad. It feels so terrible playing as her. Baron Bunny sucks, her aim shot damage sucks, her normal attack damage sucks, her burst sucks. What the hell Mihoyo, this is the main character of your official comic. She's literally the character used the most to promote this game Pre-release. I almost feel a duty now to ask for an Amber buff on every survey.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Trihugger posted:

I've never used Amber. I've used phys damage Fischl as my main carry until I got Ganyu. Then, obviously, I used Ganyu. And after attempting to use Amber in this event as main carry, all I can say is, holy poo poo Amber, why are you so bad. It feels so terrible playing as her. Baron Bunny sucks, her aim shot damage sucks, her normal attack damage sucks, her burst sucks. What the hell Mihoyo, this is the main character of your official comic. She's literally the character used the most to promote this game Pre-release. I almost feel a duty now to ask for an Amber buff on every survey.

Her personality is so fun but everything about her kit is trash. Even getting her to c6 just makes her usable instead if amazing.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Anno posted:

Trying to get a better handle on some of the other characters I’ve picked up early on now that I feel pretty comfortable with Razor.

For Noelle, it seems nice that I can use all these DEF artifacts that, as far as I can tell, aren’t super useful on anyone else I’ve found. Is there any reason not to just stack DEF completely if I mainly use her for shielding and healing? I gave her a Favonious claymore I pulled in one of my beginner draws and it’s nice that when my other characters are getting low I can just switch to her, shield up and attack a lot to heal up and generate ult energy for everyone. She doesn’t really do damage except for in her ult because of the DEF -> ATK buff, but as far as I can tell that doesn’t matter for healing and she does okay enough damage during that time.

Any other hot Noelle tricks?
For your use, DEF>everything because healing and shield strength both scale with it, and you can only heal when the shield is up.

C1 will make every hit heal when both skill shield and burst are running instead of just ~50%.

She will need help with energy to keep her burst available since she doesn't generate any on her own. Fav Claymore works, and so does running her with another geo user.

If you just want to heal with her, spin (charged attack) to win. It hits faster, and heal is dependent only on hitting with shield up, not damage.

When you get to the point where you're farming artifacts, Retracing Bolide 4pc is great on her whether you're using her as a healer or DPS. The shield strength buff keeps your shield up for healing friends and all your hits will do more damage.

Keep collecting her constellations. They're all pretty good, and C6 Noelle can be built as beast carry with a massive shield, solid though not amazing DPS, and the ability to heal your whole party.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Trihugger posted:

I remember before Ganyu released, so many people were saying she was just going to be Amber, but cryo.

Now if only they could bring Amber herself a bit more up to speed...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Pulling new characters and building teams is fun but holy poo poo fighting bosses for mats takes forever. I keep bouncing between the water boss and the ice cube for XQ and Eula. I nearly have enough resources to get them both to 80 (which is on par with the rest of my team) but then I need to spend a week fighting them to prep for 90. I'm halfway through AR46 - I have about a month before I hit 50 without serious grinding or something, right?

I need to spend some resin on Eula's 5* claymore too, not to mention Talent books.