Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

SLOSifl posted:

gently caress i’m sick of jaguar apologists

we get it, you like jaguars

Jaguars have powerful friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

A rat begins pulling on the drool to control the dog

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Heath posted:

"Is Raphael rude or crude" is great

Raphael is cool but rude
Raphael is rule but crude
Raphael is cruel but clued
Raphael is clue but ruled

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Robobot posted:

Ligers shouldn't be protected because they don't exist outside of us breeding them. Maybe that's it?

They’re all captive‐bred now, but the historic range of tiger and lions overlapped significantly in India and in the vicinity of the Caspian Sea and it is probable that there were natural hybrids.

People claimed to have seen them, but there’s no hard evidence.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Dogs are dignified and noble creatures.

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

I smell Sex and
Ba-con here
Who's that cooking
O-ver there

Who's that wafting
Delicious fumes in my direction
Mama this surely is a meat
Yeah

Mama this must be fine meat

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Platystemon posted:

They’re all captive‐bred now, but the historic range of tiger and lions overlapped significantly in India and in the vicinity of the Caspian Sea and it is probable that there were natural hybrids.

People claimed to have seen them, but there’s no hard evidence.

Oh, I never knew there were lions in Asia. That's kinda cool.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Robobot posted:

Oh, I never knew there were lions in Asia. That's kinda cool.

Weebl lied to me :argh:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Prof. Spaceman posted:

I smell Sex and
Ba-con here
Who's that cooking
O-ver there

Who's that wafting
Delicious fumes in my direction
Mama this surely is a meat
Yeah

Mama this must be fine meat

:five:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ak Gara posted:

Weebl lied to me :argh:

There never were tigers in Kenya

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Data Graham posted:

There never were tigers in Kenya

Yeah they probably first appeared somewhere around China and spread throughout Asia and possibly as far as Alaska across the land bridge during the Late Pleistocene, but it looks like their western expansion only reached as far as Turkey and Syria. The lack of large prey animals (mostly ungulates) beyond that point in the region put a halt to any further westward distribution so they never made it to Africa.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caspian_tiger#Distribution_and_habitat

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/reauxpudu/status/1395463612685340673

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

This one isn't landing for me. IDK what croissant (cinnamon roll?) has to do with shrimp, or simplicity? Am I over-thinking it?

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

This one isn't landing for me. IDK what croissant (cinnamon roll?) has to do with shrimp, or simplicity? Am I over-thinking it?

Hakuna Matata. It means: Keep it Shrimple

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

that's, uh, what shrimp look like

e: oh you're just yanking my chain, you cad

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/vectorpoem/status/1396120133815324675?s=20

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think, for me, the headline is "He FINALLY stopped in today"

Like WTF Phil do you want your half-off dip can or not

edit: Right now there’s a rival trucker of Phil’s who thinks the sun never stops shinin’ on that sonnabitch

kiimo has a new favorite as of 19:10 on May 22, 2021

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

kiimo posted:

I think, for me, the headline is "He FINALLY stopped in today"

Like WTF Phil do you want your half-off dip can or not

edit: Right now there’s a rival trucker of Phil’s who thinks the sun never stops shinin’ on that sonnabitch

The uh joke is that is elite athlete Phil Kessel

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Scaramouche posted:

I thought it was weird somebody was holding a can of dip like an important puck.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Scaramouche posted:

Oh, is he a runner?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

He's an extremely athletic hockey player who has multiple rings and was arguably the playoff MVP over Crosby during his most recent win.

He also just happens to look like this (and constantly gets poo poo on in the media for it):

(this is him in his prime as a starting Olympian for the US)

He's a neat dude all around!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Do hockey players not normally look like that? I imagine they are just like rugby players.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

They trend towards tall and lean with huge asses. Phil tends towards hamsterisation.

E: check out Ryan Kessler's ESPN bodies shoot if you're thirsty for elite hockey player tail.

Cocaine Bear has a new favorite as of 23:31 on May 22, 2021

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

OwlFancier posted:

Do hockey players not normally look like that? I imagine they are just like rugby players.

Hockey players in your local beer league? Sure, 100%.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Come for the joke about lovely prizes, stay for the amazing t-shirt. :allears:

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Railing Kill posted:

Always read it to the TMNT theme.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

OwlFancier posted:

Kessel is kind of a throwback to the beer keg body athlete. Like how a lot of the strongest man guys look less like cut body builders and more like man shaped collections of very dense stone. I wonder if there'll ever be a player like him again.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Railing Kill posted:

I think the shirt is a shop? At least when I’ve seen that shirt before, it was in “maize” (neon yellow) and being sold on the way to the big house from campus.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Emily Spinach posted:

I think the shirt is a shop? At least when I’ve seen that shirt before, it was in “maize” (neon yellow) and being sold on the way to the big house from campus.
A quick Google shows it for sale in multiple colors, including heather gray and maize. (Go Blue!)

edit: But apparently the whole thing is a shop, yes, of the guy holding a puck to celebrate 900 career goals or something.

Hirayuki has a new favorite as of 03:36 on May 23, 2021

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Strange fact: I did some science recently that got me into the Japanese press. Several of the articles introduced me as being "from Oklahoma, only a few miles from where The Tiger King was filmed". That is my home state's point of reference for most of the world now.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Trig Discipline posted:

Strange fact: I did some science recently that got me into the Japanese press. Several of the articles introduced me as being "from Oklahoma, only a few miles from where The Tiger King was filmed". That is my home state's point of reference for most of the world now.

well it was either that, the trail of tears, or the tulsa race massacre so take what you can get

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Stexils posted:

well it was either that, the trail of tears, or the tulsa race massacre so take what you can get

I'd still take those over Toby Keith.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Trig Discipline posted:

Don’t lie to me.

They used kilometres or 里, not miles.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Stexils posted:

You're forgetting Timothy McVeigh.

:(

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Isn't the front man for the flaming lips from there, too?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

frogge posted:

Isn't the front man for the flaming lips from there, too?

They all are. My old band was on their little indie label for a bit so we actually hung out a few times waaaay back in the dark ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?