Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carillon
May 9, 2014

Hagfish?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
No thank you, I'm full.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Hagfish.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

Hi five, bro!

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

God, I wonder how you locate stuff under water. And mark it.
On the ground, I know they use paint, flags, stakes etc.. but on water?

Magnetic tape, surveyor buoyies and installation plans.

The loop wasn't on the plans and the surveyor assumed the cable went in a straight line.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Wet rear end Prius

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

The ground is clearly marked danger, not sure what other result they were expecting.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

What if our rotors touched?

Haha jk

...unless?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

It's not chopperfuckling if the rotors don't touch

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Just the blade tip.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

axolotl farmer posted:

When you burn a candle, the wick melts the wax and only the tiny amount of melted wax in the wick will reach the temperature where the wax burns, i.e. the flash point.

If a candle melts completely, and it's in a container where the wax keeps getting heated, the entire liquid mass of the candle will reach the flash point and start smoking. Explosions could happen when the vapors from the smoking melted wax catch fire, or when someone sees the entire candle burning and douses it with water.

I had this happen with a glass candle. It burned all the way down for several hours until there was no wax left and just loving exploded. I got pelted with glass but fortunately no cuts.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

and from the schadenfreude thread:
https://i.imgur.com/X32bKDo.mp4

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I want a large-caliber rifle as a coworker.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

It's early and I'm not functioning rn...goddamn.
didnt keep you from going for the throat tho did it! lol, no worries anyway, plane people are automatically rich so whatever

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

fun fact: this is why the san francisco police aren't allowed to have helicopters any more.

quote:

The SFPD "Aero" Squadron was at its peak in the mid-1970s, with the number of helicopter and small plane flights rivaling the frequency of the Los Angeles Police Department. After several accidents (one of which a helicopter crashed in Lake Merced, killing Officer Charles Logasa in 1971) and complaints about the "Eye in the Sky" program, the unit was disbanded. The helicopter unit was featured prominently in the first Dirty Harry film, identifying a sniper on a roof top before a murder was committed. The unit was reactivated in the late 1990s, but after another fatal crash (which killed two SFPD officers, Kirk Bradley Brookbush and James Francis Dougherty) the Aero unit was put into an "inactive" status indefinitely. In times where it needs air support, the SFPD contacts the California Highway Patrol who has a Napa air base.

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

ekuNNN posted:

and from the schadenfreude thread:
https://i.imgur.com/X32bKDo.mp4

Snek Water Park rides coming together nicely

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The candles I am familiar with do not involve glass. What is its purpose?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The Lone Badger posted:

The candle can be capped and its scent contained.

The wax can all burn without either wasting a cylinder around the edge or leaking onto the furniture as the edge melts.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I can hear a police helicopter right now and I wish the San Jose police suffered a similar fate.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
It's not too late to replace the cover art on that F Plus episode, is it?

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

The Lone Badger posted:

Sometimes you need some extra help winning the loteria. (But after years of burning these religious candles, I’ve never had one explode or even crack. Because these are built to be burned for days at a time and thus don’t cheap out on their glass.)

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Cat Hatter posted:

This happened to the Osbournes, specifically Sharon and Ozzy trying to put it out like the keystone cops.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgVV9DCLFKU

Remember always that Sharon Osbourne is human loving trash.

quote:

Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash for Firing an Assistant After He Saved Her Dogs from a House Fire

“So then outside there was a fountain,” she explained. “I pushed Ozzy out and then the arm and his hair stopped. And then I think ‘Right, where is that assistant?’ So I go into the guest house and he’s going, ‘Everything Alright?’ and I’m like ‘No, house is on fire. Get out, help. Go in and get the paintings out.’ ”

“There were dogs, and I said ‘You must go in and find the dogs,’ ” she recalled telling the assistant. “So he did get the dogs, and the fire engines arrive. Very lovely people. They came and they had this oxygen for the assistant. So then I said to him ‘How very dare you, you work here, and you get more paintings out right now.’ ”

“I took the mask and I put it on my dog,” Sharon said, which earned applause and laughter from the judges and audience. She then explained the moment she decided to fire her husband’s assistant.

“After this terrible night, he was not talking to me,” Sharon recalled. “And Ozzy and I were counting everything and we were laughing and laughing and he goes ‘I don’t see what’s funny about any of this. I think I am going to have damaged lungs.’ “

“So then, I just said ‘If you don’t think that’s funny, do you think this is funny?’ And he said, ‘What?’ And I said, ‘You’re fired,’ ”
Sharon said, again receiving applause and laughter from the studio.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Squinting through the low res and the rain, this could be a case of the first pilot parking too far over - the box shaped area is double-wide and has two danger signs as if to accommodate two aircraft, and it looks like the centre marking of the space he should have landed on is visible next to the chopper, but the res is too low to tell for sure.
Second pilot has to then try and improvise a new landing site without using the anticipated points of reference, right on the boundary between the clearly boxed area and the irregular shaped area tacked on the side.

Of course working with a competent marshaller on the ground you can stick a helicopter almost anywhere, but doesn't seem to be one present here.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
Looks like an Elon Musk fanboy was watching SNL in his car

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

https://i.imgur.com/oiudD30.mp4

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Great model. Although, I'm 50/50 about what'll explode first, my back or my knees

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Ak Gara posted:

Great model. Although, I'm 50/50 about what'll explode first, my back or my knees
When I'm explaining to coworkers how to lift with their legs, and they say "I don't know how to tell if I'm doing it right" I tell them if their knees hurt, they're doing great.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Memento posted:

Just another day at the marina, no big deal.

https://i.imgur.com/UdwzUDZ.mp4

Remake of Joe Don Baker's Mitchell looking Mitchelly.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

A pipe shooting out an endless stream of poo poo at high volume is indeed a good metaphor for The Sun.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://news.yahoo.com/20-runners-dead-extreme-weather-015013647.html

This is some hosed up poo poo.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 13:22 on May 23, 2021

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Just gonna cross "ultra-marathon running" off the list of things I'll ever bother trying to do, oh wait it's already crossed off.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
*looks back at last night's 1AM Youtube history of 'beginner ultramarathoning'*

drat.... i'm already in too far to turn back now

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Mozi posted:

*looks back at last night's 1AM Youtube history of 'beginner ultramarathoning'*

drat.... i'm already in too far to turn back now

:ohdear:

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Thank god I stopped at hypermarathons.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/fBT15KS.mp4

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Two questions that immediately come to mind:

Why is that person filming vertically?
Why is that person filming instead of getting the gently caress away?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm just curious where it's at. There's a volcano loving up the Congo right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014