Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

exquisite tea posted:

I found most of the treasure that RE8age has to offer and still couldn't upgrade nearly everything. Was able to max out the LEMI, the Sniper and the Max-Tac shotgun but that was with leaving the auto-handgun mostly untouched and the regular shotgun & magnum half-finished. I ended up saving the magnum bullets for what I thought would be some huge werewolf showdown but there are maybe like 4 in the entire game.

Oh, uh i guess this might seem counter-intuitive if you haven't played RE4, but you're absolutely supposed to just ditch the first handgun and the first shotgun when you find the other ones, there is literally no benefit whatsoever to maintaining them, and they just eat up inventory space. You get a % back in the sale of whatever you've spent on upgrades and it factors in the mods. that's like 80-100K right there.

EDIT: make sure to use up all the ammo in the clip before selling them, because there is no way to get it out, and if at all possible save your Ammo Cappacity upgrades (or ammo capacity MODS!!!!) for when youre clip is empty, because the ugrade will always also fill the clip.

Maybe the reason so many people are destroying the game on Standard is because millions of people have beaten RE4 and everyone who remembers these hidden mechanics from the first game is at a huge advantage?

Here's a hot tip: Every crow you see in this game can be killed and every single one has loot.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 17:10 on May 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I own RE4 across 3 systems and you'll never get me to not hoard inventory space.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

VideoGames posted:

I am very sorry everyone but there will not be any streaming tonight or Sunday.

We have had a family member pass away and I need to look after Lady VG. Thank you for understanding.

Take care of yourselves, veeg :love:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

VideoGames posted:

We have had a family member pass away and I need to look after Lady VG. Thank you for understanding.

I'm so sorry VG. Glad you two are there for each other.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

VideoGames posted:

Family first, take care and a big hug.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Bust Rodd posted:

I’ve also cooked every meal going into the 4th zone of the game and feel basically unkillable. I have fully upgraded guns and full ammo and a poo poo ton of crafting components, I really don’t see how I can fail from here.
I thought the same thing.... until I got a bit past where you are.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lucas Archer posted:

This is just my general complaining that both Far Cry 5 and GTA5 have been out for years and they still cost over 30 dollars - FC5 is still listed as $60 on the ps store website. What a bunch of crap.

Digital games don't price drop nearly as fast, or at all, unlike disc games. My theory is they sell more copies overall by keeping the price high, selling almost no copies while it's not on sale, and then getting a big visibility/sales bump when the game goes on sale.

Both of those games have used copies as cheap as $9 on Amazon.

This is why an all digital future is a bad idea.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 17:56 on May 21, 2021

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Sorry to hear that VG. No need to apologize, family always comes first.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

VideoGames posted:

Condolences. Wishing you and yours the best.

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE
Howdy guys. I have been playing sekiro (on my second run up) and i am just passed the horseman. Same place i got to last time and i am again finding myself bashing up against the 7 spears guy/ drunkard man/ the general on the steps. Am really enjoying the game but losing a bit of motivation because im not sure which of these is supposed to be the logical next step skill wise.

Anyone got any suggestions- have i missed a path? No i, in fact, need to suck it up and git gud?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Suck it up! Drunkard is probably your best choice at this point.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Returnal ain't got poo poo on this that I just pulled off last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMDV7csDtBo&t=2838s

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE

Escobarbarian posted:

Suck it up! Drunkard is probably your best choice at this point.

But he is hard 😪

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Stealth and take everyone else out, run away so he’s deaggroed, then talk to that guy hiding in the water and double-team his rear end

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE

Escobarbarian posted:

Stealth and take everyone else out, run away so he’s deaggroed, then talk to that guy hiding in the water and double-team his rear end

Lol cheers took him out first try

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Science_enthusiast posted:

Don't worry, his brother wants to have a word with you soon

He's optional, IIRC

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Also for the record the drunkards are soaked in alcohol so if you had a way to punish someone in that state using a ninja tool you can give yourself an extra edge.

I’m not sure but I believe every enemy of that precise build is considered a “drunkard”, but I know for sure the first guy is.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Howdy guys. I have been playing sekiro (on my second run up) and i am just passed the horseman. Same place i got to last time and i am again finding myself bashing up against the 7 spears guy/ drunkard man/ the general on the steps. Am really enjoying the game but losing a bit of motivation because im not sure which of these is supposed to be the logical next step skill wise.

Anyone got any suggestions- have i missed a path? No i, in fact, need to suck it up and git gud?

All 3 are optional.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Resident Evil Village is flipping great. I finished it this morning on Standard and immediately started NG+ on Hardcore. I don't see myself necessarily doing NG++ because it still has a lot of adventure game elements that are not that fun to keep running through (go here and get this thing then go back and use it on this other thing) but it's a pretty fun ride.

In true RE6 style it looks like it would take an awful lot of replaying to unlock all the optional stuff (I don't think RE7 had any of that stuff but I could absolutely be wrong, my memory of that game is weirdly spotty in general) but I'm glad that stuff exists because I've just used a grenade launcher with unlimited ammo for the first 1/6 of the game and that was pretty fun. Some of the most fun I have with RE games is loving everything up with infinite ammo on repeat play throughs, and I like the requirements being pretty lax about that this time.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Nice! Enjoy Lady Butterfly :cool:

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m not sure but I believe every enemy of that precise build is considered a “drunkard”, but I know for sure the first guy is.

There’s drunkards, the glutton, and the red guard one.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Had a dream I bought final fantasy 7 remake for 20 dollars. waking up with a #hustlemindset

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If you do that you could get a free upgrade to Intergrade next month, Best Value

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Lol if you didn't "buy" it for $0 in March

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

haveblue posted:

Lol if you didn't "buy" it for $0 in March

The PS+ version is specifically barred from being upgraded to the PS5 one

It's going to cause a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth next month

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It is seriously such a weird decision

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

imo the weird decision woulda been not buying the game day one for 60 bux

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

imo the weird decision woulda been buying the game

:hmmyes:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

imo the weird decision woulda been not pre-ordering the game 6 months before release for 60 bux

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I will pay €0 when it comes to game pass :agesilaus:

That’s how goons think ps+ and game pass works

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

redeeming a non-60fps game from ps+? can’t be me

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I started playing Remnant that I got from PS+.

Having a multiplayer game with a huge campaign and then make it so only the host saves the campaign progress is really something.

Apparently the excuse is "otherwise you would skip so much content if you joined someone's game".

Is that such a big deal programming wise? If you are at mission 5 and join a MP game at mission 10 make it so your progress doesn't get saved. If you join a game at mission 3, your progress starts saving once you reach and progress past mission 5.

I am pretty sure there are games that do it that way. At least for the latter case.

Since I don't have a steady crew, I basically have to host my own game to go through the campaign and see the story. Which is probably what everybody does unless they have a coop crew which kinda sucks, because it means there are a lot of people playing what is essentially a SP run of a MP game.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The PS+ version is specifically barred from being upgraded to the PS5 one

It's going to cause a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth next month

meh, just buy it if you want it

I'm on chapter 9 now and I'm glad I waited a year, even if I like it. The voice acting is so much better than I ever thought it would be, I'm so used to terrible JRPG voice acting. You get a much better sense of Aerith's character.

Just beat up a monster house that I don't remember from the original but its been almost 20 years since I played that

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

GoutPatrol posted:

meh, just buy it if you want it

I'm on chapter 9 now and I'm glad I waited a year, even if I like it. The voice acting is so much better than I ever thought it would be, I'm so used to terrible JRPG voice acting. You get a much better sense of Aerith's character.

Just beat up a monster house that I don't remember from the original but its been almost 20 years since I played that

The house was in the original as a regular enemy. It was just an inexplicable big house that would show up during random encounters sometimes. No fanfare and it certainly wasn't a boss.

It's too bad the actual boss fight kind of sucks in the remake because I love everything else about it.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Anybody have any impressions of Chronos: Before the Ashes? Not an insignificant amount of people talk about Remnant: From the Ashes so I'm surprised nobody talks about the prequel that came out after.

I feel like I've asked this before but I don't think I got any bites... weird because it looks okay but as nobody talks about it I'm skeptical.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Akuma posted:

Anybody have any impressions of Chronos: Before the Ashes? Not an insignificant amount of people talk about Remnant: From the Ashes so I'm surprised nobody talks about the prequel that came out after.

I feel like I've asked this before but I don't think I got any bites... weird because it looks okay but as nobody talks about it I'm skeptical.

This might be the first time I’ve heard about it, though I do remember something about a follow up to Remnant. Regardless of quality, I think Remnant got pretty lucky with the word of mouth.

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE

Zinkraptor posted:

The house was in the original as a regular enemy. It was just an inexplicable big house that would show up during random encounters sometimes. No fanfare and it certainly wasn't a boss.

It's too bad the actual boss fight kind of sucks in the remake because I love everything else about it.

I have felt this way about all the bosses so far- i feel like fundamentally dont get the battle system. All of them go on for waaaày too long and feel like there is one solution/ weakness to exploit and you just have to wait your turn and do it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The Hell House boss is annoying because you’re not prompted about it being a magic resistance fight before it starts so if you have only one or two elemental materia equipped it’s gonna take forever.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chronos was actually released back in 2016 as an oculus rift exclusive and then when they rereleased it last year they retrofitted it as a prequel to Remnant. I heard it’s ok

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Chronos was actually released back in 2016 as an oculus rift exclusive and then when they rereleased it last year they retrofitted it as a prequel to Remnant. I heard it’s ok

That makes sense. The trailer looked a little rough and lower budget than Remnant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE

exquisite tea posted:

The Hell House boss is annoying because you’re not prompted about it being a magic resistance fight before it starts so if you have only one or two elemental materia equipped it’s gonna take forever.

Yeah thats the thing- and at any given time you have such a limited amount of slots with 2 party members. Like there are so many quite interesting sounding materias that i will never use because i want to have elemental bases covered because weaknesses are such a thing.

I still like the game though. It is such an interesting mix of jank and triple A