Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

Memento posted:

Just another day at the marina, no big deal.

https://i.imgur.com/UdwzUDZ.mp4

Ghostride the ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Antigravitas posted:

Two questions that immediately come to mind:

Why is that person filming vertically?
Why is that person filming instead of getting the gently caress away?

Who complains about vertical filming still in TYOOL 2021? That's some boomer poo poo now.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Who complains about vertical filming still in TYOOL 2021? That's some boomer poo poo now.

Vertical filmer spotted

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'm just curious where it's at. There's a volcano loving up the Congo right now.

it's pretty likely to be Nyiragongo, the lava flows just reached the outskirts of the nearby city.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:hmmyes:

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

You're just outing yourself here mate.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkBuWmi-bJM

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

all the vertical filming haters are outing themselves as never having seen anything exciting irl to film, and so don't understand the logistical compromise of keeping a firm grip on your phone while recording while in a dynamic situation

geez

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
More like you're outing yourself as having weak, uncoordinated hands. What's up crap hands?

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Serephina posted:

You're just outing yourself here mate.

Nope, he's right, you're An Old if you care about vertical filming. Or have you never heard of TikTok?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
People who complain about vertical filming are probably watching the movies on a desktop computer like some old fart instead of on their phone like cool people do.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

KoRMaK posted:

all the vertical filming haters are outing themselves as never having seen anything exciting irl to film, and so don't understand the logistical compromise of keeping a firm grip on your phone while recording while in a dynamic situation

geez

Quibi owner spotted.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
how about a compromise:

you can complain about vertical filming, but only to the person who actually recorded it.

no one else wants to hear about it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Compromise: Film diagonally

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Plastik posted:

Nope, he's right, you're An Old if you care about vertical filming. Or have you never heard of TikTok?

All the cool kids are in Only Fans now, boomer.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

It's wild to think that the best runners probably had the lowest body fat percentage and so those were the folks who couldn't survive.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Nenonen posted:

All the cool kids are in Only Fans now, boomer.

Matt Gaetz account spotted.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
https://youtu.be/wKiIroiCvZ0

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Memento posted:

Just another day at the marina, no big deal.

https://i.imgur.com/UdwzUDZ.mp4

The thing about hanging like that is the longer you hang the less strength you’re gonna have to pull yourself up. If you don’t have the strength to do it right now, just save yourself the trouble and let go.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

It's wild to think that the best runners probably had the lowest body fat percentage and so those were the folks who couldn't survive.

They would probably also be carrying the least amount of gear possible, so no jacket, space blanket, or other cold weather gear.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

So people hanging around the current eruption in Iceland started noticing a slight issue with their hair.

Not quite related, I had very long hair when I was in high school ; during physics class our teacher brought out a van de graaff generator and I got to be the 'what happens to statically charged hair' demo. I stood on a plastic five gallon bucket and held the plate on the top, and when my hair got charged up enough it started finding ground through my rubber soled shoes, past the bucket, and into the linoleum floor

The OSHA is that I jammed my ribs into a table panic jumping off the bucket

I want to do some math to figure out what the voltage would have been roughly now

EvenWorseOpinions fucked around with this message at 18:27 on May 23, 2021

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
250,000 to 400,000 volts for a classroom-scale van de graaff generator.

i don't know what you mean about your "hair finding ground." was your hair so long it was dragging on the floor?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Antigravitas posted:

Two questions that immediately come to mind:

Why is that person filming vertically?
Why is that person filming instead of getting the gently caress away?

It's lava. It flows very slowly. You could outrun it on a tricycle.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Place your bets before you click play:

https://i.imgur.com/FwkoQHd.mp4

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Cartoon Man posted:

i lost

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
Huh, I guess the weight in the back gave the wheels enough traction to keep driving?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

haveblue posted:

Compromise: Film diagonally

Normalize starting filming vertically, but rotate to horizontal once you start so everything is sideways and when someone flips their device to compensate, the video starts flipping, too.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKzpGllcfxA

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Uthor posted:

Normalize starting filming vertically, but rotate to horizontal once you start so everything is sideways and when someone flips their device to compensate, the video starts flipping, too.
Normalize a 1:1 video format so it doesn't matter which way you hold your phone.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/iKxbCkg.gifv

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

I have to assume this is a training situation

I will also assume that it's riot police training, not rioter training

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah it looks like a training scenario to me.

of course a cop can't even throw a bottle without lighting himself on fire

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

prob get that dipshit in the back of the group there for the next round holy poo poo

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

if I picked up an open, capsized bottle of water and held it above myself, I would instinctively know that I will get wet

I guess the same instinct doesn't work when the bottle is full of liquid fire

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Nightmare stuff.

quote:

Fourteen people including a child have been killed, and another child is seriously injured after a cable car fell on a mountain near Lake Maggiore in northern Italy on Sunday.

The accident happened on a service transporting passengers from the resort town of Stresa up the nearby Mottarone mountain in the region of Piedmont.

Images from the scene show the wreckage lying in a steep wooded area.

The victims included foreign nationals, the local mayor said.

"We are devastated, in pain," Marcella Severino, mayor of Stresa, told broadcaster RAI.

Two children aged five and nine were airlifted to hospital in Turin. The nine-year-old later died. The five-year-old was conscious upon arrival and was undergoing surgery for multiple fractures, the hospital said.

The death toll steadily rose in the hours after the accident as the wreckage was searched.

The cause of the incident remains unclear, but local reports suggest the cable carrying the vehicle may have failed about 300m (984ft) from the top of the mountain.

The cabin fell about 20m to the ground and rolled over several times down the slope before being stopped by trees, Mayor Severino said.

Nearby hikers heard a loud hiss before the accident, she added.

According to other reports the cable car had been shut down for a year because of COVID.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Leave the audio off
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qtjzg5rdNn1r0uzl6.mp4

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

haveblue posted:

Compromise: Film in 1:1

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Deteriorata posted:

Houses tend to contain things you don't want to be near when they get heated by lava, and the smoke isn't exactly healthy either.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Deteriorata posted:

Interestingly Mt Nyiragongo's lava is very thin so it flows extremely quickly in areas, like speeding car fast, so there's often no chance of outrunning it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Nenonen posted:

Nightmare stuff.

According to other reports the cable car had been shut down for a year because of COVID.

Is there a marine base nearby?