Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
I think Pallister just begged for vaccines from North Dakota?? Ugh wait do we not have enough now? Where the gently caress is THIS coming from now?

CrcleSqreSanchz has issued a correction as of 18:23 on May 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm not going to listen because this is the weekend and gently caress Pallister but I hope they grill him about springs church since there is photographic proof they broke the rules.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

Coxswain Balls posted:

How does seceding even work with all those pesky numbered treaties in place? I don't like going "good, let them leave and suffer" since that ignores the people living there that don't support the cons, but it'd be great if the second they leave they have to renegotiate land use with the original inhabitants telling them to get hosed after a couple centuries of experience with the white man. What Albertan military is going to fight back, the Calgary Police Service?

Albertan secession leading to a fully independent indigenous state supported by smarter management of their natural resources would be the funniest thing ever.

This is delusional optimism. If those people succeeded in an independence vote, then actually left Canada, and the indigenous did not quietly go along with it, very bad things would happen.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Albertan secession is already a fantasy, I'm just saying it'd be hilarious if that went down. Still, the Royal Proclamation is more or less the foundation for the legal validity of our settler colonial nation state so even though people try to ignore natives at every turn its something that would need to be addressed in this hypothetical situation.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Coxswain Balls posted:

How does seceding even work with all those pesky numbered treaties in place? I don't like going "good, let them leave and suffer" since that ignores the people living there that don't support the cons, but it'd be great if the second they leave they have to renegotiate land use with the original inhabitants telling them to get hosed after a couple centuries of experience with the white man. What Albertan military is going to fight back, the Calgary Police Service?

Albertan secession leading to a fully independent indigenous state supported by smarter management of their natural resources would be the funniest thing ever.

if canada allowed indigenous people to form sovereign nations the USA would start up the war of 1812 again

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Coxswain Balls posted:

Emperor Hinman I of Alberta would just get all the yokel fucks who voted him in to gun up and massacre the First Nations people and you know it.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

Coxswain Balls posted:

Albertan secession is already a fantasy, I'm just saying it'd be hilarious if that went down. Still, the Royal Proclamation is more or less the foundation for the legal validity of our settler colonial nation state so even though people try to ignore natives at every turn its something that would need to be addressed in this hypothetical situation.

I dont think any albertan successionist even believes native peoples have any kind of sovereign rights. Theres not much depth of thinking here beyond, "gently caress trudeau."

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The far right would LOVE to just start gunning down natives already, if they got their own country they would be stampeding each other to see who gets to run the rivers red again.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
the part that gets me is why anybody supports the manitoba government at this point. once a map of covid cases per province/state resembles an angry red manitoba blister amid a sea of blues and greens, surely it becomes clear that literally everywhere else has figured out a better way?

even if you think covid is beneath you, wouldn't you be disappointed in your province losing the game?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

pokeyman posted:

the part that gets me is why anybody supports the manitoba government at this point. once a map of covid cases per province/state resembles an angry red manitoba blister amid a sea of blues and greens, surely it becomes clear that literally everywhere else has figured out a better way?

even if you think covid is beneath you, wouldn't you be disappointed in your province losing the game?

conservative are narcissistic murderous pedophiles OP hth

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I'm not going to listen because this is the weekend and gently caress Pallister but I hope they grill him about springs church since there is photographic proof they broke the rules.

I posted a rant about this on Facebook since my worthless MLA is part of the Springs cult and got a comment from someone thinking all the photos might be fake lmao

Imagine being the person giving Springs Church the benefit of the doubt

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Legions of sjw's working on the weekend with the latest photoshop version, just pumping out 'shops of people unmasked at a church to....undermine...a church. And then hacking the system to upload it on their official account.

Man that's a real genius there.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Kazinsal posted:

Emperor Hinman I of Alberta would just get all the yokel fucks who voted him in to gun up and massacre the First Nations people and you know it.

Indigenous nations challenging the hypothetical new state's much weaker monopoly on violence was implied with that CPS comment. Up against the CF the Kanesatake resistance led to RCAP and brought the federal government to the table for modern treaty negotiations; if a bunch of dumb hicks tried to start poo poo First Nations have a history of fighting back.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Coxswain Balls posted:

if a bunch of dumb hicks tried to start poo poo First Nations have a history of fighting back.

I'm sure there'd be enough support to get an International Brigade or two up and running.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guest2553 posted:

I'm sure there'd be enough support to get an International Brigade or two up and running.

Yeah, I suspect that there would be a lot of British Columbian and Saskatchewan rurals volunteering to Foreign Legion that poo poo.

I would like to assume that Canada would intervene, but I earlier accused someone of ridiculous optimism and would not want to appear hypocritical.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

pokeyman posted:

Not if you think the end will be worth it. Speedrun the virus. Let X% of the population die, and then covid will be over and everything can get back to normal. "Everyone is going to catch it eventually, let's just get it over with." Like parents throwing Chicken Pox parties.

People might get mad afterwards when it turns out that without world class medical care more like 5% of patients die rather than the 0.002% they'd convinced themselves would die, but by then it will be too late.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Guest2553 posted:

Yeah, people from First Nations across the US and Canada showed up at Kanesatake so there would no doubt be some solidarity on that front. When push really came to shove they repelled the SQ, and backwoods whites occupy the same rung if not lower as far as I'm concerned.

Anyways I didn't realize that now you have to always be pessimistic even in make-believe scenarios so sorry for even imagining a world that could be better for native people.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Facebook Aunt posted:

Not if you think the end will be worth it. Speedrun the virus. Let X% of the population die, and then covid will be over and everything can get back to normal. "Everyone is going to catch it eventually, let's just get it over with." Like parents throwing Chicken Pox parties.

People might get mad afterwards when it turns out that without world class medical care more like 5% of patients die rather than the 0.002% they'd convinced themselves would die, but by then it will be too late.

I keep having this conversation with people "X place never shut down and their cases are plummeting!" well yeah but they had 3-4x the deaths per capita vs us, a place that already had way too many deaths.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Nobody sane wanted that poo poo and they were right to refuse it :o:
some of these entitled fucks won't even take the Moderna vaccine. My boyfriend watched like 2 dozen people leave his vaccine line because they heard it was Moderna and not Pfizer. only vaccine on earth where anyone cares what the loving brand name on the label is

Juul-Whip has issued a correction as of 17:58 on May 23, 2021

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

did any of them say why? I didn't know there was the slightest difference between the two

or did the trials come out like 95% to 94% effective and "only the best for me"

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

pokeyman posted:

did any of them say why? I didn't know there was the slightest difference between the two

idk but im pretty sure its just because pfizer is the one you hear only good things about on the TV

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

pokeyman posted:

It is this.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

When they started really lowering the age group for vaccination here all the supersites administering the Pfizer shot were booked at least two or three weeks out, but I was able to get next day appointments at the one pop-up that was stocked with Moderna. A lot of people are definitely going by brand name above anything else.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Coxswain Balls posted:

When they started really lowering the age group for vaccination here all the supersites administering the Pfizer shot were booked at least two or three weeks out, but I was able to get next day appointments at the one pop-up that was stocked with Moderna. A lot of people are definitely going by brand name above anything else.

https://twitter.com/CBCNews/status/1396466028096405505

Canadians are acting like entitled assholes lol

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Rebrand J&J as the No Brand vaccine IMO.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Another Bill posted:

Canadians are acting like entitled assholes lol

I was originally trying to book an appointment in my hometown so I could get it done while doing errands for my mom and maybe reduce the load in the city, but the appointments there were also backlogged because of people from the city wanting Pfizer so bad they were driving out there as a "lifehack". At that point I just took the next day appointment and I dunno if it was because of dumb people avoiding Moderna but I was in and out with the only wait being five minutes to speak with a doctor because I checked off the allergies part of the form.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

BGrifter posted:

Rebrand J&J as the No Brand vaccine IMO.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

perfect :getin:

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

The no frills commercial taught me that the reason why we have to wait 4 months for the second dose is because nurses have to spend that long yelling "HYAAAAAAAA!" while powering up before they naruto run across the pharmacy to jab me

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Coxswain Balls posted:

so strange

everything's pretty booked solid around me in halifax for the next couple weeks. only open slots are pfizer, but I think we're just getting way more of it than moderna so I doubt that suggests shopping

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

The Littlest Hobo
Dec 26, 2004

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Literally the only way the NDP will win is if the UCP breaks up into two smaller parties right before the election and split the vote.

That is happening. I am interested in regional breakdown but the ndp gaining a couple percent and the WIP taking a couple percentage points in Edmonton / Calgary starts to flip quite a few ridings. The WIP core strength will be in rural Alberta and i expect that the NDP will sneak in Lethbridge / Banff with like 35% because of rightwing vote splitting.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/thebeaverton/status/1396501230785028099?s=21

you know things are bad when the beaverton starts dunking on you

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
https://twitter.com/jkenney/status/1396587241087062016?s=19

lol

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Hospitals full of sick and dying young people. We did it, folks. High fives all around

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos
Seen on twitter this afternoon, looks like AB isn't doing too badly at reducing Covid back to background noise levels. Not sustainable to zero, although the same people who make "the world will end" projections when it's on the way up also foolishly think it'll hit zero if you just keep it up a little longer.

https://twitter.com/JRMarlow/status/1396587863991472132?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Sassafras posted:

Seen on twitter this afternoon, looks like AB isn't doing too badly at reducing Covid back to background noise levels. Not sustainable to zero, although the same people who make "the world will end" projections when it's on the way up also foolishly think it'll hit zero if you just keep it up a little longer.

https://twitter.com/JRMarlow/status/1396587863991472132?s=19

ICUs are full dude.

That's hardly background noise, overall case count is down but no comorbidities means you stay in the ICU longer.