Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Biplane posted:

In order to make you a better worker we have removed your dick and balls

they will be returned to you upon your retirement if your performance was adequate, like a security deposit. work will make your dick and balls free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

aphid_licker posted:

Someone worried about having their launchers empty when the actual rockets show up because you wasted all your rockets on balloons, for example

I don’t think Israel is running out of rockets anytime soon

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.

Biplane posted:

Finally. It's about time.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

aphid_licker posted:

Someone worried about having their launchers empty when the actual rockets show up because you wasted all your rockets on balloons, for example

Not sure the planets helium supplies are going to outlast the bombs that the USA gives Israel.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

aphid_licker posted:

actually stopping rockets is second to iron domes actual purpose, which is to make the threat of rocket attacks scarier to the israeli populace and foster terror to generate more support for fascist government action.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Muscle Wizard posted:

actually stopping rockets is second to iron domes actual purpose, which is to make the threat of rocket attacks scarier to the israeli populace and foster terror to generate more support for fascist government action.

yeah, i mean look at that spectacle of all those things arching up into the sky, it's like a fireworks show.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Half-wit posted:

Finally. It's about time.

:same:

Slice n dice em baby I never wanted em

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

smooth like a doll

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Biplane posted:

Heavens Gate-Punk

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

doesnt surprise me but it also wouldnt if it overheated into limp home mode. no cites but I remember a track review where a model s could do one lap before poo poo got too hot

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Muscle Wizard posted:

The thing I never got about this kinda system is like if you gotta shoot multiple interceptor rockets per missile you wanna intercept, like.... those all land somewhere. Sure they don't have a HE warhead the same way or whatever but at a certain point "a buncha rockets keep falling outta the sky" is a fire hazard in large enough areas it doesn't even seem worth it vs. just eating the damage from an occasional katyusha made outta sewer pipe

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Would not be surprised at all if the Iron Done made things more dangerous for Israeli citizens there than not having it would.

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

Zerilan posted:

Would not be surprised at all if the Iron Done made things more dangerous for Israeli citizens there than not having it would.

I guess that would make it dual purpose, to create the problem then solve it, like the CIA things we do?

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

chairface posted:

The thing I never got about this kinda system is like if you gotta shoot multiple interceptor rockets per missile you wanna intercept, like.... those all land somewhere. Sure they don't have a HE warhead the same way or whatever but at a certain point "a buncha rockets keep falling outta the sky" is a fire hazard in large enough areas it doesn't even seem worth it vs. just eating the damage from an occasional katyusha made outta sewer pipe
If it's anything like other interceptor systems, they should detonate in the air after a set amount of time. In reality, of course,

https://twitter.com/Jtruzmah/status/1194885107267461120

edit: found a video and they do. Better than the alternative, I guess.
https://twitter.com/PressTV/status/978019965591785479

GWBBQ has issued a correction as of 06:36 on May 23, 2021

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

GWBBQ posted:

If it's anything like other interceptor systems, they should detonate in the air after a set amount of time. In reality, of course,

https://twitter.com/Jtruzmah/status/1194885107267461120

edit: found a video and they do. Better than the alternative, I guess.
https://twitter.com/PressTV/status/978019965591785479

I found this guy in the replies to that and I think he may have the best Twitter Bio I've ever seen :allears:

https://mobile.twitter.com/cozocaru/status/1194885679253270529

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
yeah if only they had one they could figure out how to make sci fi weapons spring forth from piles of junk and trash and rubble and really get back into this war

it takes literally 5 seconds to use some comprehensive deductions and know that hamas and iran and whoever else has what these are and understands all of the underlying concepts that go into it lmao, but you don't want to think about WHY someone loses a war, maybe GOD isn't on their side, that's easy, surely all of the advanced machining and computer power created in the last 2000 years singularly honed into weapon form and given to them freely by the world's last super power isn't the deciding factor!

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Welcome to the new future, same as the old future.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

galenanorth posted:

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/2021/may/robotic-third-thumb-use-can-alter-brain-representation-hand

This isn't exactly cyberpunk dystopia and the other applications are interesting, but is the factory worker going to get any of that money? Oh, I see, no, because the factory owner still considers it "unskilled labor"? Then why should anyone give a poo poo about that example? bunch of people smart enough to build these prosthetics but dumb enough to think we should feel happy for corporations making more money, and possibly using the enhanced efficiency to fire workers, because it surely must trickle down

Implications aside, I do think it's cool that the brain sees that you suddenly have an extra thumb and is just ready to loving roll with it.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

christmas boots posted:

Implications aside, I do think it's cool that the brain sees that you suddenly have an extra thumb and is just ready to loving roll with it.

I think this fits in pretty well with prior research that shows our brains more or less treat tools that we hold in our hands as an extension of our body. I like the idea of having an extra thumb. Seems pretty useful, both inside and outside the bedroom.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

christmas boots posted:

Brains are incredibly malleable via input stimulus and repetition all through your life, you can lose a chunk or even a hemisphere and what's left will figure out how to do the poo poo you need to do to live, it's basically magical

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

3rd thumb is just a tool, ya know those things we love adapting to use

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

smarxist posted:

Brains are incredibly malleable via input stimulus and repetition all through your life, you can lose a chunk or even a hemisphere and what's left will figure out how to do the poo poo you need to do to live, it's basically magical

dig down far enough and it's all the logical consequence of physical laws and entropy and it's not magic at all and that's what's so god drat cool about it :goonsay:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

World War Mammories posted:

dig down far enough and it's all the logical consequence of physical laws and entropy and it's not magic at all and that's what's so god drat cool about it :goonsay:

Gee, I wonder what's telling you that it's the "logical consequence"? Could it be the very same brain that insists it isn't magic? Wake up, people. You're being lied to.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

christmas boots posted:

Gee, I wonder what's telling you that it's the "logical consequence"? Could it be the very same brain that insists it isn't magic? Wake up, people. You're being lied to.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Cum is stored in the brain

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Cogito ergo cum

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

meio is "i cum" in latin.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/bransonreese/status/1396325635396567041?s=21

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

World War Mammories posted:

actually its the tao. and the tao is really cool

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Can you imagine how many dudes it would take to fill a glass?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Zil posted:

Can you imagine how many dudes it would take to fill a glass?

How big is this glass and how much time is there to fill it? The logistics change drastically between a shot glass (determined dude and an afternoon if you're wondering) and a pint glass.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Gods_Butthole posted:

Welcome to the new future, same as the old future.

Did that gasoline speed-pass poo poo ever take off?
Cuz that was a thing for a hot second.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Did that gasoline speed-pass poo poo ever take off?
Cuz that was a thing for a hot second.
Mostly for fleet vehicles.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

aphid_licker posted:

Doubt the Palestinian balloon thing works, filtering out contacts by speed is a pretty basic measure to get rid of false ones and a balloon won't be as fast as a rocket.

The baloon pops and the falling mass of metal has sufficient velocity to trigger a valid alert.

commie kong
Mar 7, 2019

https://youtu.be/67sfZfreOrU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

there we go, that's the good poo poo

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
lol

lmao