Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Potrzebie posted:

First weak rear end non-handling of the scandal, then trying to hide/downplay it and now the pants are all the way down. Way to go public broadcast!

Indeed, and they are directly feeding into SDs view of public broadcast as biased (ie what if it was a Nazi instead).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Any ICA Swedes around?

I just walked into a major ICA store and this old lady in full ICA regalia was standing just inside the point-of-no-return gates like "You're very welcome to the store" and I just froze. And then she said it again and I snapped out of it and and walked around her and did my shopping.

I saw other people come in and they all had the exact same reaction of just freezing up when she approached them.

Is she there to guard against something?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Feliday Melody posted:

Any ICA Swedes around?

I just walked into a major ICA store and this old lady in full ICA regalia was standing just inside the point-of-no-return gates like "You're very welcome to the store" and I just froze. And then she said it again and I snapped out of it and and walked around her and did my shopping.

I saw other people come in and they all had the exact same reaction of just freezing up when she approached them.

ICA Basic bitch here and I’ve never had that.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

teen witch posted:

ICA Basic bitch here and I’ve never had that.

Oh! I have to ask.

What's the deal with when a customer needs help with something and the cashier calls out a name in the speakers and then that person just.... Never shows up most of the time?

Are they "on call" or busy with other things? Is it some shortest straw list they read names from?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Feliday Melody posted:

Any ICA Swedes around?

That sounds like what the yanks call a "greeter". A person who's there to make you feel superior welcome in the store. If so, that's absolutely terrifying and you should write a strongly worded letter saying that you will avoid the store if they keep it up.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Feliday Melody posted:

Any ICA Swedes around?

Could be someone who's counting the people entering and leaving due to, you know, the pandemic and what's not.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Yeah I'm guessing she's there so she can sometimes say "sorry, we're at capacity right now."

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I'm 90% sure it's that.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The ICA's I've visited just put up signs saying how many customers are allowed in the store at the same time and then smugly sat back basking in a job well done.

Feliday Melody posted:

Oh! I have to ask.

What's the deal with when a customer needs help with something and the cashier calls out a name in the speakers and then that person just.... Never shows up most of the time?

Are they "on call" or busy with other things? Is it some shortest straw list they read names from?
Barely related but I once worked a super lovely praktik (internship?) at an appalling cleaning firm *cough*samhall*cough* which involved cleaning a larger ICA store and one time they used the speakers to call out for us to report to a person. Not saying who that person was or even where they were. We did stumble across them by randomly going to locations they were likely to need quick cleaning at.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Love samhall because otherwise I'd have to clean my own office and I don't want to do that.

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
Yeah in my local ICA yesterday there was a line outside with employees guarding the entrances and acting as bouncers (friday afternoon). So in your case probably employees on standby if they go over the allowed limit of people, usually happens in peak days/hours.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Feliday Melody fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Nov 1, 2021

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
My ICA has, since at least half a year ago, a display that counts how many people go inside with a big counter telling how many more customers can enter currently. If there’s less than a hundred spots left I know it’s crowded, so the calculated customer per square metres is probably bullshit.

Samhall employs a lot of people that would have a hard time to find employment, so I always try to be friendly to them. The samhall cleaners at my ICA (to stay on topic) do a great job. And yes, a samhall outfit would be the ultimate disguise, who the hell knows if your employer has a temporary deal with samhall or not?

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 21:18 on May 22, 2021

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

lilljonas posted:

My ICA has, since at least half a year ago, a display that counts how many people go inside with a big counter telling how many more customers can enter currently. If there’s less than a hundred spots left I know it’s crowded, so the calculated customer per square metres is probably bullshit.

A lot of stores cheat and count the entire facilty (counters, shelves, warehouse and deli) which makes the law a bit of a joke.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Feliday Melody posted:

I hope the KGB never manages to infiltrate Samhall.

I have bad news for you. Also cleaning staff should really be regarded as the biggest threat vector for a lot of organisations. Imagine how many keyloggers they could install in a financial institution. Or in a military facility.

Esran
Apr 28, 2008
Rich fucks one year ago:

https://www.danskerhverv.dk/presse-og-nyheder/nyheder/2020/april/sammenhold-er-det-starkeste-hold--en-nation-kan-stille-med/

Rich fucks today:

https://finans.dk/erhverv/ECE12998221/dansk-erhverv-afviser-at-erhvervslivet-er-blevet-hjulpet-under-coronakrisen/?ctxref=ext

I wish Denmark had a Siberia to exile these people to.

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Yeah, you’re right of course. I was very involved in an international climate organisation at the time, and I do feel like Lomborg was the one who made being a climate sceptic a mainstream position. It’s less about his credentials, but he had more charisma than most of the boring suits and he was one of the first to very credibly pretend to actually care tremendously about the environment. That is, the pretence of taking climate change seriously, and then convincing the every-man that we didn’t need to do anything about it because that the: “oh so complex, don’t worry your little head about it, economic incentives”, would take care of it. Certainly in Denmark that was his role, Bush wholesale copying that approach to his policy made resistance extremely hard.

I think Danish politicians were less willing to outright contradict scientists than US politicians were at the time. Open climate change denial wasn't really popular as I recall.

15 years ago when I was in high school, we were presented to Lomborg as one voice in the discussion on what to do about climate change. I don't remember anyone bothering to point out that he was not a scientist. I belive his argument boiled down to "reducing emissions would hurt growth, the pro strat is to keep emitting, and spot welding the problems as they pop up. The extra growth will easily pay for any problems caused by climate change". Even as a dumb libertarian high schooler, this argument seemed ridiculous. Having a well-spoken presentable scientist-if-you-squint disagree with the consensus let the politicians pretend that there was an ongoing debate, and therefore we should just wait for the scientists to hash it out.

If Lomborg hadn't existed, I'm sure capital would have invented one. Political science departments seem happy to stamp out this kind of concern troll.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

I literally almost; first choke on my coffee, then halfway pull my hair out, as I read this story earlier today. I guess I'm triggered. Dansk Erhverv is one of the most vile and abhorrent political organisations in denmark, and there is both actual nazis, actual ayn rand libertarians, and the wonderful mixture of both, 'stram kurs' to compete with. There is almost no political issue, where they're not supporting the absolute worst policies. From chemical waste dumping, social dumping, investing in landmines, mink torture compensation, cutting down on welfare, diplomatic or trade pressure on china (and/or any other human rights violators), using the unemployed as soylent green, ritually sacrificing every other poor baby to profit-satan, etc.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Esran posted:

I wish Denmark had a Siberia to exile these people to.

Well, we sorta do.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/WC7dQWGqLLQEZCYk8

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Thought this was going to be Greenland

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

We could probably do something in central Greenland too if we really wanted.

Dansk Erhverv: please spend more public money on businesses.
Also Dansk Erhverv: do not under any circumstances generate any revenue for the state.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I say we don't inflict our worst dregs on the people we colonized.

Let's just humanely tax them until they have to depend on all the social programs that have been gutted at their urging.

Esran
Apr 28, 2008

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Dansk Erhverv is one of the most vile and abhorrent political organisations in denmark, and there is both actual nazis, actual ayn rand libertarians, and the wonderful mixture of both, 'stram kurs' to compete with.

Yes. You would think that if nothing else, they would be smart enough to know that this is bad PR. I guess when you wear a suit and speak in a calm tone, you can say any vile poo poo, and the centrist dogbrains will just nod along.

The article posted:

Flere skatter er ifølge skatteminister Morten Bødskov ikke »det rigtige svar« til at få virksomhederne gennem krisen. »Nu gælder det om at få dansk økonomi helt op i gear igen.«

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

david_a posted:

Thought this was going to be Greenland

Thought of Hans Island, which is a part of Greenland (maybe).

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Rincewinds posted:

Thought of Hans Island, which is a part of Greenland (maybe).

That would actually be a power move on Denmark's part. You want to say this island is Canadian? Alright, then these refugees we sent here are your problem now.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

BonHair posted:

That would actually be a power move on Denmark's part. You want to say this island is Canadian? Alright, then these refugees we sent here are your problem now.

Greenland might take issue with housing Danish refugees as well.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Rust Martialis posted:

Greenland might take issue with housing Danish refugees as well.

Well, the danish refugees are not actually danes so no worries!

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

I would like to wish Maud Oloffson a very happy gently caress off forever

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

She for real claims that S and MP have moved to the left. Her brain is mush.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

anatomi posted:

She for real claims that S and MP have moved to the left. Her brain is mush.

Never forget that she's behind not one, but two of Sweden's worst deals in history. Her brain has always been mush.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

lilljonas posted:

Never forget that she's behind not one, but two of Sweden's worst deals in history. Her brain has always been mush.

Out of the loop - what are those two deals?

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

teen witch posted:

Grensetraktaten av 1751
Lappekodisillen

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

teen witch posted:

Not sure about the second one, but one is the all-time classic Nuonaffären

quote:

År 2009 köpte Vattenfall det nederländska företaget Nuon, vilket gjorde Vattenfall till ett av Europas största energibolag. Vattenfall betalade 89 miljarder för Nuon, den största kontantaffären i Sveriges historia. Affären har kritiserats och bland annat kallats Sveriges sämsta affär – någonsin.[5] Köpet orsakade en politisk storm[6] när det 2013 stod klart att förvärvet var ett fiasko som redan kostat 37,5 miljarder kronor,[7] och VD fick avgå.[7]

När politiskt ansvar skulle utkrävas, hävdade dåvarande statsminister Fredrik Reinfeldt först att frågan var "helt hänvisad till ansvarigt statsråd"[6] och försökte lägga skulden på näringsminister Maud Olofsson, som då sedan ett par år varit borta från politiken, och Per Bolund (mp) KU-anmälde Olofsson för hennes hantering av affären.[8] Senare kunde TV4 publicera ett internt dokument som visade att statsministern godkänt affären[9] och diskuterade Nuon med övriga partiledare i Alliansen den 11 februari 2009.[6] Någon oberoende granskningskommission har inte tillsatts.[10]

Make sure to remember this next time a liberal complains about the lefties' waste of taxpayer money.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Beeswax posted:

Not sure about the second one.

Posten.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

got a Very Fun email this week telling me that my rent was gonna go up after about a year of negotiation with hyresgästföreningen that got overruled. it doesn’t affect me that much personally but it still loving sucks and also fits into the greater picture of renters’ rights getting more and more stripped away. also this city is getting gentrified to all hell

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

watho posted:

got a Very Fun email this week telling me that my rent was gonna go up after about a year of negotiation with hyresgästföreningen that got overruled. it doesn’t affect me that much personally but it still loving sucks and also fits into the greater picture of renters’ rights getting more and more stripped away. also this city is getting gentrified to all hell

This current apartment search I’ve been on is night and day worse than when I did it 3 years back. Absolute garbage selection and the outright lack of communication is appalling.

Like right now we applied for an apartment via the kommun over a month ago, we had the points, I think we were either first or second in line. The access date is the first and we STILL don’t know if we got it. My partner did the first förbesiktning today, and they checked my credit, we’ve given them all info possible…and nothing confirming anything. It seems like we’re getting our prole mansion but we truly don’t know. Would kfast run a credit check for fun?

I understand being kommun it takes time but this isn’t something minor, this is something requires coordination, double rents, taking time off from workplaces.

The other two places we looked at wanted us to make a decision within 24 hours on a Friday to sign a contract Monday, if not then on the spot.

It feels just a wee bit rigged on the side of rental companies. Prey on the competitiveness to find rental housing at a fair price, prey on the fact that even with combined incomes, the working class could never afford bostadsrätter, and especially when they’re being favored in new builds, so stock of rentals are limited. God loving forbid if your Swedish sucks.

I’m hoping that this search is just been a bad situation but reading more about it doesn’t give me hope.

E: and yeah anything on renters rights being hosed please do send my way, as with this experience I’m more radicalized.

teen witch fucked around with this message at 14:34 on May 27, 2021

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

if your swedish is good brand has done some good reporting on renters’ rights, especially wrt ikano

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

watho posted:

if your swedish is good brand has done some good reporting on renters’ rights, especially wrt ikano

I’ve liked what I’ve read from them so I’ll keep an eye out

Also lol we just got the apartment. Hahahah

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Congratulations :)

fnox
May 19, 2013

I'm hearing this repeatedly being said in SFI but what's this about immigrants to Sweden not wanting to be vaccinated? It's not hard to believe considering how Folkhälsomyndigheten has handled things, but what is actually causing this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i can't speak for sweden specifically, but i'm pretty sure i read somewhere that how much people trust the goverment is a big component in how likely they are to get vaccinated, and almost nowhere do people trust their governments as much as in scandinavia