Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

The Hell House boss is annoying because you’re not prompted about it being a magic resistance fight before it starts so if you have only one or two elemental materia equipped it’s gonna take forever.

I died during the Hell house battle when it had like 2% health left. I've never switched a game to easy so fast, gently caress doing that grind again. Most of the major battles take way, way too long. The entire game has a lot of padding in general. I'm still enjoying it overall, I missed FFVII first time round and have somehow missed all spoilers except for the big one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Science_enthusiast posted:

I have felt this way about all the bosses so far- i feel like fundamentally dont get the battle system. All of them go on for waaaày too long and feel like there is one solution/ weakness to exploit and you just have to wait your turn and do it.

jrpg.txt

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
So I guess Biomutant reviews drop tomorrow and the game is out Tuesday. It’s lovely that one of the classes is locked behind preordering because the game definitely has a “could be good, but definitely wait and see” vibe.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I was hoping for a Ghosts of Tsushima/Horizon/TW3-lite but it’s looking more like a Days Gone/Feenyx (sp?).

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Don't know what the crossover is with people in this thread maybe owning PCs good enough to play it, but Biomutant is going to be on EA Play Pro day 1, so you could play it for 15 bucks.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Zinkraptor posted:

The house was in the original as a regular enemy. It was just an inexplicable big house that would show up during random encounters sometimes. No fanfare and it certainly wasn't a boss.

It's too bad the actual boss fight kind of sucks in the remake because I love everything else about it.

The House was amazing and I loved the commentators also and all the amazing voice acting makes me thing the game loving sucked on the PS1

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Midjack posted:

jrpg.txt

jrpg.jpg

Only registered members can see post attachments!

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Spalec posted:

I died during the Hell house battle when it had like 2% health left. I've never switched a game to easy so fast, gently caress doing that grind again. Most of the major battles take way, way too long. The entire game has a lot of padding in general. I'm still enjoying it overall, I missed FFVII first time round and have somehow missed all spoilers except for the big one.

Chip Cheezum’s let’s play is great for learning all the quirks and techniques the game doesn’t teach you in the tutorials. I also got wrecked on that fight because I didn’t have all four elements equipped though

boz
Oct 16, 2005

jrpg.gif

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

That loving Sned posted:

Chip Cheezum’s let’s play is great for learning all the quirks and techniques the game doesn’t teach you in the tutorials. I also got wrecked on that fight because I didn’t have all four elements equipped though

Do people like that? Maybe it’s my fault for not experimenting enough, but it felt to me like the game was obfuscating too much.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

boz posted:

jrpg.gif

:yeshaha:

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Do people like that? Maybe it’s my fault for not experimenting enough, but it felt to me like the game was obfuscating too much.

I guess I’m used to it from Capcom and SEGA action games, which can be much more enjoyable if you understand how they’re meant to be played from watching videos by people who are really good at them.

However, none of these are quite as bad as games like Minecraft and Team Fortress 2 that pretty much require a fan-made wiki open on a second monitor.

I really like replaying my favourite games, especially if they have harder difficulties, so I don’t mind this kind of design.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I can't believe a popular game series would not explain its mechanics 100%

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sakurazuka posted:

i;m think' about that adaptability

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Sakurazuka posted:

yeah that's what i meant. almost forgot i was on the internet. :rolleyes:

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
That "game" SUCKS!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Games nowadays don't obfuscate enough tbh

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
if there’s one thing I like, it’s not video games!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Games nowadays don't obfuscate enough tbh

i hate how nearly every game assumes it's the only game you've ever played.
i get onboarding new people but come the gently caress on, you could give a goldfish a controller and they'd know to press X to jump or whatever

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
confirmed. no loving mustache. movie is DOA

https://twitter.com/screenrant/status/1396836264574345217

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I feel like it would be best to mentally disconnect this film with the actual Uncharted game series, and just go into it as an Uncharted-clone. Might make it a little more enjoyable.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Breckin Meyer should be Nathan Drake imho and I’ve thought this for a while

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Clearly that's a pre-effects image and they're just waiting to drop in the latest CGI mustache tech

Weedle
May 31, 2006

haveblue posted:

Clearly that's a pre-effects image and they're just waiting to drop in the latest CGI mustache tech

wahluigi

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
the only way its any good is if its an origin movie for the 'tash

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Watching Biomutant reviews and it’s getting loving shredded

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Wahlberg seems like an odd casting choice for sully

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah it seems to be overly ambitious eurojank but without the charm and originality that can make that tolerable

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Bust Rodd posted:

Watching Biomutant reviews and it’s getting loving shredded

Oh well :sigh:

What's the next thing we can try to get excited about?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You can play Knockout City today, which owns.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

fridge corn posted:

Ratchet & Clank will actually be a good video game, I'm pretty sure.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fridge corn posted:

Shin Megami Tensei V for the Nintendo Switch

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Attitude Indicator posted:

Wahlberg seems like an odd casting choice for sully

Very much so

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I had thought they'd try to age him up a little when his casting was announced. Or I guess have him look his age, Sully was only a few years older in UC1 than Mark Wahlberg is now. Nope, I guess they're making Uncharted Babies. Can't let the steroids and hair treatment go to waste.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

fridge corn posted:

elden ring

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bold move to make Sully be more racist

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rinkles posted:

I'm a weird little freak that'll go into a boss fight just to Assess them and immediately restart it out of the fight to plan around their weaknesses now that I don't need the materia anymore.

But that's a lot of strategy to ask of people. Most people who play the game don't even find out about Cloud's berserk buff in Punisher stance until like 22 hours in.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Deathloop is the next big game I'm excited for and I only read about it this week but its still a few months away. that's fine though I've still got most of Prey to get excited for :cheers:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Shin Megami Tensei V for the Nintendo Switch

I dont have a switch

That's more like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
When I heard Wahlberg/Uncharted I thought he was going to be Nathan.

Sully? Hahahahahah. Too many studio fingers in the pot hosed this poo poo up already.

And Breckin Meyer does look like Drake. A tad tiny, though.

I could see Clooney as Sully. But Marky Mark? LOL.