Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Thank you Improbable Lobster I think that's the correct response.

Please end the multipage derail about wet pallets. If IL doesn't get to it first, I'll re-open the thread some time tomorrow (sunday May 23rd) and hand out probations for further endless hand-wringing about the absurd expense or reasonable utility of manufactured wet pallets. Thanks. This is a pretty casual thread with a pretty open-ended topic to talk about, but there's got to be limits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Please resume posting terrible miniatures, thank you for your patience.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Please resume posting terrible miniatures, thank you for your patience.

your wish, my command

:nws:other side:nws:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Not sure if the rear end cannon or the sculpted scrotum is more disconcerting

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Winklebottom posted:

your wish, my command

:nws:other side:nws:

it looks like his huge scrote has a lil nutsack of its own??

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

boxcarhobo posted:

it looks like his huge scrote has a lil nutsack of its own??

Balls are stored in the balls.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Scrunt elemental

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

A mutated scrunt. Would that be a mrunt or a scruntate.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Midjack posted:

Balls are stored in the balls.

Cannonballs are stored in the balls

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Mutant Headcrab posted:

A scrutant (scrunt mutant)

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Mutant Headcrab posted:

I appreciate the effort to be sensitive but you can just call an Australian an Australian.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

Scrun'thulu

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Nunes posted:

Scrun'thulu

Bless you

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I've often asked why a line of GWAR minis for a chaos list has never been offered.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Scratch Monkey posted:

I've often asked why a line of GWAR minis for a chaos list has never been offered.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/12313/gwar-rumble-antarctica-miniatures-rules

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I want those.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Wow where’d they get that Vinny Caravella miniature??

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

1999! Thanks for making me feel old

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

TotalHell posted:

Holy poo poo it's uncanny lol

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I was at DragonCon that year when Gwar was there to promote it. Their concert was something stupid like 3 hours behind schedule.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

KozmoNaut posted:

I want those.

They're the original 4 HeroQuest player figures with UPGRADES if you want to do them yourself!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

BaronVanAwesome posted:

They're the original 4 HeroQuest player figures with UPGRADES if you want to do them yourself!

It was bugging me why that dwarf looked so familiar!

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

BaronVanAwesome posted:

I know, a significant part of my childhood was based around playing DIY HeroQuest adventures ;)

I've got two almost complete sets of HQ minis, but I don't want to ruin my precious originals, so I was hoping maybe somebody would make them as STLs or something.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

TotalHell posted:

You can get your own on eBay based on your Sea of Thieves character, just £200!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Gold Leader, standing by!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ugleb posted:

Not everyone has the courage to do this when they play X-Wing/Armada, but in their heart of hearts this is what everyone wants to do.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Ugleb posted:

Who the gently caress put a brownshoe in charge of big ships?

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

AndyElusive posted:

Not everyone has the courage to do this when they play X-Wing/Armada, but in their heart of hearts this is what everyone wants to do.

I remember when I was playing Flames of War (ww2 wargame) and was moving one of my tanks. I was apparently making engine noises, and my opponent asked what I was doing. After explaining, we both had fun making engine noises and explosion sounds whenever we moved and fired our units. Wargames are games, and toys are toys no matter how you dress it up, and toys are meant to be fun

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Kaza42 posted:

I remember when I was playing Flames of War (ww2 wargame) and was moving one of my tanks. I was apparently making engine noises, and my opponent asked what I was doing. After explaining, we both had fun making engine noises and explosion sounds whenever we moved and fired our units. Wargames are games, and toys are toys no matter how you dress it up, and toys are meant to be fun

Back when a few of us picked up warmachine in 08 or 09 a localish goon told me about his store and how they had a warmachine tournament coming up. We were looking for a place to play since the actual local scene didn't exist

The guy that owned the store had a Troll army painted up like clowns. My friends try hard little brother got so mad that he got demolished by the clown trolls. Apparently they weren't "serious" enough

I do want to point out that his army was unpainted and just primed

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Apparently this is Glamorous Mech Pilot Brandi

Apparently mech cockpits are very cramped and not in any way ergonomic.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Bucnasti posted:

Apparently this is Glamorous Mech Pilot Brandi

Apparently mech cockpits are very cramped and not in any way ergonomic.

....Infinity? Relic Knights?

Edit - I googled 'mech pilot Brandi' and this was the first result:

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 09:00 on May 27, 2021

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

That torso looks less 'sculpted' and more 'carved' to me. Face is kinda characterful...

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Ugleb posted:

That torso looks less 'sculpted' and more 'carved' to me. Face is kinda characterful...

I assumed that was someone's amateur attempt at sculpting, but then I saw the base and it looks like an actual model you would pay money for????!

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Still better than old Nagash

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

smug jeebus posted:

Still better than old Nagash

:wrong:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Len posted:

Back when a few of us picked up warmachine in 08 or 09 a localish goon told me about his store and how they had a warmachine tournament coming up. We were looking for a place to play since the actual local scene didn't exist

The guy that owned the store had a Troll army painted up like clowns. My friends try hard little brother got so mad that he got demolished by the clown trolls. Apparently they weren't "serious" enough

I do want to point out that his army was unpainted and just primed

Over 20 years ago during 2nd Ed 40k I was in a little hams tournament at my local game store and the first round had me go up against a Space Wolf player. My Chaos Marines were all fully painted, a good 75% had some form of conversion or kitbashing done, including my daemon-possessed Dreadnaught and a scratch built Lord of Change made from two WHFB Great Eagles and the body of old Nagash (no pics, unfortunately).

His army was not only unpainted and unprimed, most of them weren't even fully assembled. The ones that were had weird poo poo like auto pistols which aren't even used by Space Marines.

While I normally wouldn't judge him on his hobby progress, his attitude definitely earned it. He went on this rant about how painting was a waste of time, only fools painted their minis, painting minis doesn't win games, etc. He's also telling me how much he thinks that my army isn't that special and how badly I'm gonna lose to him.

The game lasted three rounds with me completely tabling him. The only model I lost was the Aspiring Champion that I sacrificed to summon my LOC. He loses big time even though he's been cheating during his turns, and on round two his Wolf Dreadnaught magically turns into Bjorn the Fell Handed despite the tournament rules stating no special characters (he dies quickly, tho). After the short game he's gotten really silent as he angrily dumps his models into the plastic bin he stored them in and leaves the store.

That night I'm painting a new banner for my Chaos Lord, showing a Lord of Change holding a severed wolf's head in it's claws. A Space Wolf helmet topping the banner pole. This is the only pic I have left of it, a thumbnail after the original was lost. The next week at the game store for round two of the tournament I made drat sure that I showed it to the Space Wolf player.