Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi
All the foma critique is valid but I gotta say I love the look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I'm out shooting foma right now

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

i'm planning a roadtrip in a few weeks and struggling to not just go after the same photos i've been taking for a series i want to be finished with

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

bellows lugosi posted:

i'm planning a roadtrip in a few weeks and struggling to not just go after the same photos i've been taking for a series i want to be finished with

Why not both?

My landlord recently sold the place (they are a political refuge who fled CA to TX) and fortunately the new owner is cool with me staying. It is surprising how much the local wildlife has changed since the switch. There are more snakes and I've seen chipmunks for the first time in my life.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

I really need to plan a good 2 week road trip this summer.

bobmarleysghost fucked around with this message at 03:07 on May 17, 2021

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
posting about the graflok instax back in the other thread got me thinking about instant film again (lomo got me actin' unwise). instax wide is wider format that doesn't quite map cleanly into a LF equivalent (it's basically 3.9x2.4 actual image size) but 3x4 lenses should cover no problem.

what would have been the contemporary options for a wide-angle on 3x4 format? kodak 80mm wide-field ektar seems like one option, but it seems relatively rare compared to the 100mm and other lengths (I don't think 3x4 ever sold well). is there a 75mm angulon (non-super) or something like that, or is the super angulon style the next step after that?

anyone know of a place that does good service on Crown Graphics and other LF cameras? not sure if there's any go-to places these days. I have a really nice top-RF Crown Graphic (with a decent set of cams for it) but a while ago the cable guide for the follower popped loose (I think) so the rangefinder isn't working anymore. It's probably a trivial fix but it's in nice shape and I'd rather just have it fixed up nice.

and I guess a related question but if I wanted to pick up a repaired/refurbed CLA'd side-RF speed graphic or similar press camera with adjustable RF and rear shutter, is there any place that specializes in repairing and selling those anymore? someone like certo6 but for large format?

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 18:33 on May 17, 2021

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Speaking of Instax, does anyone have tips on metering for it? It's supposedly iso 800 but I imagine it's not that consistent

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Google Butt posted:

Speaking of Instax, does anyone have tips on metering for it? It's supposedly iso 800 but I imagine it's not that consistent

I mean, it's not like it's going to vary significantly on a shot-to-shot basis. Storing it incorrectly can ruin it in general of course.

if it's like peel-apart film, dynamic range and latitude are pretty limited and you'll want to pretty much nail the exposure. for all positive films (or digital) under is better than over but you want to be within maybe a half stop of the correct exposure, there is not a lot of room for error.

couple random articles I turned up:

https://emulsive.org/reviews/investigating-fuji-instax-mini-monochrome-color-and-the-fuji-sp-2-printer

https://shootitwithfilm.com/instax-film-hack/ (says meter for 800 and don't miss exposure)

https://www.photrio.com/forum/threads/image-quality-of-fujifilm-instax-wide.177802/ (5500K balance, i.e. flash, 10 lp/mm)

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Man I'm glad I learned shooting Instax using film holders is a thing. I took a long break due to covid and whatnot shortly after getting my Chamonix, and now I'm getting the reps to nail down the muscle memory and metering. Using an ND2 filter so that I can meter as I would with portra 400.

Can't wait for my lomograflok back to ship.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

3 x 6x12 shots and one 4x5, all ektar. Shot last night and developed + scanned today. Pretty happy with them , the 6x12 camera has a big light leak somewhere I need to sort though.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

^Nice. I really dig the aspect ratio.

This should be the final entry in my Foma bitchfest. To recap, I bought 5 rolls of Foma 100 and all boxes said "100" on the outside. Inside one of the boxes, one wrapper said "400", and I think the seal also said "400". After I finished the roll, that seal at the end most certainly said "400", but now that the developed negatives are back, I notice that the rebate border says "100". :negative:

Oh well, the doomy results actually work well enough.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Digging the first 2 but this especially.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

yeah i don't even know what i'm looking at and that's fun

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Thank you both.

It's just a large slab of metal that I zoomed in on because the texture was far more interesting than the context.

This one is probably more obvious.

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

eggsovereasy posted:

yeah i don't even know what i'm looking at and that's fun

Looks like the crystals that form with zinc when you hot dip galvanize steel sheet. I always thought it was pretty.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
Have re-entered the world of LF this morning with the purchase of a Toyo 45G kit from Japan :toot: Was hoping to find something in Australia but was finding the selection/price pretty wanting, and even after postage and GST this thing came in well under budget and with some handy accessories (macro rail, bag bellows, ground glass protector, Linhoff lensboard adapter). Should get here in a couple weeks.

Curious what people's experiences are fixing pinholes in bellows - that's the one issue with it. I know I could drape a darkcloth over it in the meantime (or buy a replacement for another ~$130 or so), but if it looks salvageable I'd like to try and fix it. Have seen a few different greybeard home remedies in searching, ranging from gaffer's tape to a mixture of glue, black paint, and a dab of dishwashing liquid.

I also still need to decide on a lens; looking for something I could use for some semi close-ups with a reasonable bit of movements. Trying to keep it under AUD$200 if anyone has any recommendations.

I'm looking to use this mainly for experimenting with wet plate - a beater 4x5 seemed like the ideal entry point in terms of keeping costs down and not worrying about staining a pretty wooden camera. Would ideally like my main lens to have a shutter but if there are any places/types of cheap barrel lenses to look for I'm all ears.

Ethics_Gradient fucked around with this message at 08:33 on May 26, 2021

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Are the Hasselblad "C"-lenses annoying to use? The ones with the coupled speed/aperature?

I imagine it would be fussier than the CF where you can lock the two rings together if you want. But they're also cheaper than CF-lenses.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
Toyo arrived today; the seller kinda undersold how bad the bellows were (when I cranked it out and shone a light from inside, could see tiny pinholes along every crease, not to mention the corners). It did come with a nice darkcloth that I can throw over it in the meantime, but will probably just order a replacement from HK for AU$130. The old one might be useful down the track for a DIY project or as a macro extension at least.

One of the plastic knobs for front tilt is mostly broken off - I do have its intact mate on the other side, but can't see it being worth the time to get scanned and 3D printed (I have no experience with either, and trying to keep this thing low budget). Might just bodge something together out of Sugru or something.

Other than that though, pretty darn nice and totally serviceable. I forgot how darn cool LF cameras are.

On the lens front, I picked up a Schneider Componon 180mm f/5.6 (5x7 enlarging lens) since it was available locally and not too expensive. I think mounting it is gonna be a challenge though - threads seem to be 58-59mm and weight of it may make an epoxy-based solution (was originally gonna epoxy a same-sized filter to a lens board to mount it) precarious.

I later decided to YOLO it on a cheap Yamasaki Congo lens (also from Japan, but still less than $70 after shipping) - seller reports it has some fungus but probably not an awful job to sort. Embarassingly it's another 180mm lens (f/4.5, to be fair) but it may take me some time to figure out something satisfactory with the Schneider.

Pondex posted:

Are the Hasselblad "C"-lenses annoying to use? The ones with the coupled speed/aperature?

I imagine it would be fussier than the CF where you can lock the two rings together if you want. But they're also cheaper than CF-lenses.

Some people don't like it, while it was kind of a "huh." moment when I first started using my Hasselblad, I actually grew to like it. It's handy for being able to adjust settings in the same light, which is probably 90% of the time I'm adjusting my aperture anyways.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Pondex posted:

From what I've read C lenses are harder to repair (and getting pretty old now), so it may be worth spending more in the long run.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Ethics_Gradient posted:

On the lens front, I picked up a Schneider Componon 180mm f/5.6 (5x7 enlarging lens) since it was available locally and not too expensive. I think mounting it is gonna be a challenge though - threads seem to be 58-59mm and weight of it may make an epoxy-based solution (was originally gonna epoxy a same-sized filter to a lens board to mount it) precarious.

Are you using a Packard shutter or just doing long exposures?

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

MrBlandAverage posted:

Are you using a Packard shutter or just doing long exposures?

Wet plate, baby :getin: At some point I do want to pick up another Speed Graphic or RB SLR with working focal plane shutter so I can use my growing collection of barrel lenses on film, but I'm happy to wait until a deal comes along.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited
Why do I have the urge lately to put together some obscenely large ULF rig?
What dead and careless gods do I pray to, to save me from my own worst impulses? I don't think I burned a single frame of film in any size between April 2020 and April 2021.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Yond Cassius posted:

Why do I have the urge lately to put together some obscenely large ULF rig?
What dead and careless gods do I pray to, to save me from my own worst impulses? I don't think I burned a single frame of film in any size between April 2020 and April 2021.

Yeah I haven't shot a single frame of film in 2 years but I still encourage you to build that ULF rig :unsmigghh:

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

alkanphel posted:

Yeah I haven't shot a single frame of film in 2 years but I still encourage you to build that ULF rig :unsmigghh:

The really stupid thing is that I mostly do "people" photos. You get up to 600mm+, and at "people" ranges your depth of field is only going to be a few to maybe ten inches, even at f/64.

e: This is to say, I'm not sure how well it works; ULF prints are jawdropping but the ultra-thin depth of field might make everything look overbokeh'd, like those pictures where someone bought a Noctilux and seems like they glued the aperture ring wide open?

Cassius Belli fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jun 11, 2021

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

what problem are you trying to solve for that would require ulf gear?

if you haven't shot a frame in 2 years i don't think buying more gear is going to fix the underlying issue.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

bobmarleysghost posted:

what problem are you trying to solve for that would require ulf gear?

I had a whisky-induced (I think) dream of making ENORMOUS alt-process prints. I admit and agree that besides the "only even more so!" it's a ridiculously expensive upgrade relative to 8x10. And taking it places becomes a project unto itself - the old joke about nothing photogenic being more than 500 yards from the car sounds about right. I have hiked an 8x10 and all its accessories up a small mountain before but even I'm not crazy enough to lug anything bigger.

bobmarleysghost posted:

if you haven't shot a frame in 2 years i don't think buying more gear is going to fix the underlying issue.

It's only been one year, because of the pandemic. Alkanphel's the one up to two years. :) And because of the soul-crushing work-life balance, mostly driven by the pandemic (I do at least have an exit plan if it doesn't get better). Over that year I can count on my fingers the number of times I got to spend face-to-face social time with anyone, and probably have enough left over to measure myself a drink. I am picking the pieces back up, slowly; I shot most of a roll of 35mm in May, and I have some ideas for some medium/4x5 macro stuff later this month once I get some apartment chores done. It'll be a longer-term project; first I have to get my motions and rhythm back, you know?

Cassius Belli fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jun 11, 2021

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Yond Cassius posted:

The really stupid thing is that I mostly do "people" photos. You get up to 600mm+, and at "people" ranges your depth of field is only going to be a few to maybe ten inches, even at f/64.

e: This is to say, I'm not sure how well it works; ULF prints are jawdropping but the ultra-thin depth of field might make everything look overbokeh'd, like those pictures where someone bought a Noctilux and seems like they glued the aperture ring wide open?

You could go to a super tiny aperture (f/256?) and use flash. That’s how they’d do those life sized Polaroids.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Paul MaudDib posted:

You could go to a super tiny aperture (f/256?) and use flash. That’s how they’d do those life sized Polaroids.

Yeah, it's definitely... possible. I just have to figure out whether I can get the kinds of pictures that I want out of the deal, and then whether the cost is something I'm willing to slam down on the negotiating table.

For example, I like having a little sense of 'place' in my photos, even if it's only impressionistic. A white-walled studio is definitely the straightest line to making the big pictures happen, but the price is high. It might be that 8x10 is about as big as I can go and still get tick all the boxes.

Dreams are hard to kill though. :)

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Finally managed to reshoot an old favorite with :pcgaming:Astia:pcgaming:

Some new stuff:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

its_happening.gif

Well, probably not for a week or two until work quiets down, but exciting to have the chemistry turn up nonetheless.

I actually have a second Toyo kit that will be on its way to me tomorrow (fingers crossed) after a very tiresome weeklong runaround between seller, courier company, and booking agent. It'll be worth the hassle though; I stumbled across it looking for spares for mine on eBay and won with a ludicrously low bid since it was poorly described/advertised. Even if the bellows are no good and I wind up having to buy new, it'll be coming with a 90mm Super Angulon, 210mm Symmar-S (both f/5.6 versions), and a third mystery lens that might be a telephoto (couldn't read the lettering, but making an assumption based on the extended lens board in the kit), for less than the cost of my original kit.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Welp, it's Christmas:

Home sick today and waiting on covid test results, so this definitely brightened my afternoon!

This thing is a museum piece - bellows are immaculate (originally all I was searching for), can hardly find a scratch on the finish of camera or lenses. I tend to beat on my gear so I feel a little guilty owning it now. Gonna try and get some foam inserts cut to keep things orderly on the road.

It turned out the little lens I suspected was a slow telephoto is actually a 75mm enlarging lens - a decent Rodenstock one that's probably a nice upgrade from the Meopta and Seagull ones I got at the junk shop, so not mad about that. What I had thought was a lens cone for it is actually a loupe for the rear ground glass.

On the bright side, I had thought two other lenses were actually one from the pictures, so I've now got a 150mm f/5.6 Symmar-S I wasn't planning on. It also came with what feels like a mostly full box of 50 year old Tri-X.

The shutter speeds seem a little suss (only the Super Angulon's speeds seemed plausible), but they started to improve with more exercise so I'm hopeful servicing them won't require sending them out. Another downside is it lacks the clamp for the rail to mount to a tripod, but I can probably get one for under $100 shipped from Japan if I want two complete cameras.

All in all pretty thrilled to get these before my trip - don't know if I'll get the rest of the chemistry set up and be confident enough to warrant bringing the LF kit on the road next week, but nice to at least have the option!

Also, because I'm a huge idiot with no self control, I might be buying an 8x10 Tachihara with my tax refund...

Ethics_Gradient fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jun 29, 2021

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Ethics_Gradient posted:

its_happening.gif

Well, probably not for a week or two until work quiets down, but exciting to have the chemistry turn up nonetheless.

I actually have a second Toyo kit that will be on its way to me tomorrow (fingers crossed) after a very tiresome weeklong runaround between seller, courier company, and booking agent. It'll be worth the hassle though; I stumbled across it looking for spares for mine on eBay and won with a ludicrously low bid since it was poorly described/advertised. Even if the bellows are no good and I wind up having to buy new, it'll be coming with a 90mm Super Angulon, 210mm Symmar-S (both f/5.6 versions), and a third mystery lens that might be a telephoto (couldn't read the lettering, but making an assumption based on the extended lens board in the kit), for less than the cost of my original kit.

Nice.

I have a bottle (unopened?) of Scharlau collodion that expires 2023 I think. Life has thrown some spanners in my photography the last year and I can't shoot plates for a while until I can turn my new ute into a mobile darkroom. I really miss shooting plates.

Did you do Ellie's course?

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Sludge Tank posted:

Nice.

I have a bottle (unopened?) of Scharlau collodion that expires 2023 I think. Life has thrown some spanners in my photography the last year and I can't shoot plates for a while until I can turn my new ute into a mobile darkroom. I really miss shooting plates.

I was visualising a converted horse float or something like that as my ideal setup, but that'd necessitate buying something big enough to pull it. I've decided to just do the mobile darkbox thing for now - I made a fairly crude one out of mostly cardboard and other bits of trash or cheap stuff:

The red LED strip lights run off a USB battery bank on the outside, I spliced in a toggle switch so I could turn it on/off from inside the box, and used some cut up old milk jugs for the diffusers. The dip tanks are acrylic water bottles from AliExpress I sawed the tops off of, the stands are just more cardboard with bluetack to seal up light leaks on the corners (got the water bottle idea idea from this guy's blog). It's all held together with hot glue and packing tape.

I don't think I'd be happy doing anything bigger than 4x5 in this particular setup, but should work OK for some initial experimentation. I wanted to make something low effort/cost first to get an idea of what kind of size/features I'd want before I invested in building a more permanent setup. As luck would have it I scored this big plastic case for $14 at the tip last week that fits perfectly in the boot of my Yaris:

Planning to use some hooks on the inside of the hatch to hold up the blackout cloth, although I'd like to also be able to use it as a freestanding thing so I'm not completely tethered to my car. Not sure how long it'll take me to get operational but happy to let you borrow it once it's up and running.

quote:

Did you do Ellie's course?
I did a one on one workshop with Phillip England (Tasmania Tintype) about two years ago which was good but I can't claim to remember too much of what he taught me, have been going off the recipes he gave me for developer, etc though. Mostly it's been YouTube and other resources - LFF is good for some stuff but like most things the FB collodion group is where most of the discourse seems to be now. I did correspond with Ellie when I was ordering all the chemicals, she's super helpful and I'm hoping to pay a visit to Gold Street Studios when travel to the mainland is a little less fraught.

Ethics_Gradient fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Jul 9, 2021

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Ethics_Gradient posted:

I was visualising a converted horse float or something like that as my ideal setup, but that'd necessitate buying something big enough to pull it. I've decided to just do the mobile darkbox thing for now - I made a fairly crude one out of mostly cardboard and other bits of trash or cheap stuff:

The red LED strip lights run off a USB battery bank on the outside, I spliced in a toggle switch so I could turn it on/off from inside the box, and used some cut up old milk jugs for the diffusers. The dip tanks are acrylic water bottles from AliExpress I sawed the tops off of, the stands are just more cardboard with bluetack to seal up light leaks on the corners (got the water bottle idea idea from this guy's blog). It's all held together with hot glue and packing tape.

I don't think I'd be happy doing anything bigger than 4x5 in this particular setup, but should work OK for some initial experimentation. I wanted to make something low effort/cost first to get an idea of what kind of size/features I'd want before I invested in building a more permanent setup. As luck would have it I scored this big plastic case for $14 at the tip last week that fits perfectly in the boot of my Yaris:

Planning to use some hooks on the inside of the hatch to hold up the blackout cloth, although I'd like to also be able to use it as a freestanding thing so I'm not completely tethered to my car. Not sure how long it'll take me to get operational but happy to let you borrow it once it's up and running.

I did a one on one workshop with Phillip England (Tasmania Tintype) about two years ago which was good but I can't claim to remember too much of what he taught me, have been going off the recipes he gave me for developer, etc though. Mostly it's been YouTube and other resources - LFF is good for some stuff but like most things the FB collodion group is where most of the discourse seems to be now. I did correspond with Ellie when I was ordering all the chemicals, she's super helpful and I'm hoping to pay a visit to Gold Street Studios when travel to the mainland is a little less fraught.

Oh are you down in Tasmania? I live in Hobart.
That darkbox you have in your car could quite comfortably do 8x10 even 11x14 potentially once you nail your workflow. You only need silver and developer in the darkbox. Fixer and washing can happen in daylight.

If youd like to meet up id be more than happy to impart some wisdom pro bono and id love to go shooting again. I shot wet plate for about 5yrs. I have some materials and chems i cld donate for the time. Maybe even bring my 11x14 and see if we can get it working in your box.

A horse float is way overkill and super impractical if you want to go off the beaten path to shoot, say in the bush or lakes like I do. I know of a few people who went down that path and spent shitloads on a horse float and never ended up using them. A cleverly constructed use of a sedan or hatchback is more than enough. My hiace was awesome but i found hunching down in the back of it a little uncomfortable and developing big plates is awkward on your knees. My dream is just a small isuzu truck like Luther Gerlach uses or even just a high top Hiace that you could stand in. Craig Tuffin's ran a few sweet rigs up in Qld. Phillip England was using a little tiny tool shed strapped to the back of his Hilux.

I crashed the hiace and have since bought a Ranger, when i get some money together i'l get a large tradesman's toolbox for the back tray and see if i can turn it into a darkbox. A little while off yet but i do miss the smell of collodion. The collodion i have expires in 2023, so i should get back up before the because at $500+ a litre its way too expensive to let go to waste.

E: that box you scored looks awesome/perfect. Do you know what brand it is/what it's for. I could absolutely do something with something like that

Sludge Tank fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jul 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Sludge Tank posted:

Oh are you down in Tasmania? I live in Hobart.
That darkbox you have in your car could quite comfortably do 8x10 even 11x14 potentially once you nail your workflow. You only need silver and developer in the darkbox. Fixer and washing can happen in daylight.

If youd like to meet up id be more than happy to impart some wisdom pro bono and id love to go shooting again. I shot wet plate for about 5yrs. I have some materials and chems i cld donate for the time. Maybe even bring my 11x14 and see if we can get it working in your box.

A horse float is way overkill and super impractical if you want to go off the beaten path to shoot, say in the bush or lakes like I do. I know of a few people who went down that path and spent shitloads on a horse float and never ended up using them. A cleverly constructed use of a sedan or hatchback is more than enough. My hiace was awesome but i found hunching down in the back of it a little uncomfortable and developing big plates is awkward on your knees. My dream is just a small isuzu truck like Luther Gerlach uses or even just a high top Hiace that you could stand in. Craig Tuffin's ran a few sweet rigs up in Qld. Phillip England was using a little tiny tool shed strapped to the back of his Hilux.

I crashed the hiace and have since bought a Ranger, when i get some money together i'l get a large tradesman's toolbox for the back tray and see if i can turn it into a darkbox. A little while off yet but i do miss the smell of collodion. The collodion i have expires in 2023, so i should get back up before the because at $500+ a litre its way too expensive to let go to waste.

E: that box you scored looks awesome/perfect. Do you know what brand it is/what it's for. I could absolutely do something with something like that

I was thinking the horse float wouldn't necessarily be my daily driver, but would be particularly nice to use at home as part of a studio setup; since I rent (and will for the forseeable future, seeing as the median house here outearned me last year...) I can't do anything too permanent to where I live, and be nice to be able to drag it to my next place. But definitely want some more portable options - if I'm not happy with the bigger darkbox the next move is to import one of those 3 man ice fishing tents and lightproof it.

It is kinda funny the two (AFAIK) wet plate goons both live in the same regional Australian city. I am off all next week so if you're free and the sun's out, let's make it happen! The cardboard darkbox is just enough space for 4x5, not sure how long it'll take me to get the bigger one together but happy to let you shoot on my Toyo if your don't have a 4x5 of your own. I also get back issues if I'm carrying too much heavy stuff or contorting the wrong way, but have got a little three-legged camping chair to sit in which makes working out of the car boot not bad.

Don't have PMs here but you should be able to find me pretty easily on LFF (same username, have a recent thread in the wetplate thread). I could definitely use some pointers on pouring technique for sure:

Best of three this arvo, which isn't saying a lot. I am pretty happy to have gotten at least something visible though!

Ethics_Gradient fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jul 10, 2021