Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

davidbix posted:

...who thinks he's WWE Champion?

Think this is referring to JR's flub a few months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

kind of a weird guy to throw in there

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Pylons posted:

Not sure, I think there was a sub-dirt sheet guy or twitter maniac who believed it. I don't think it's a reference to JR.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

fez_machine posted:

Not sure, I think there was a sub-dirt sheet guy or twitter maniac who believed it. I don't think it's a reference to JR.

I figured JR because JR said recently that Randy Orton is the best wrestler so far in 2021.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Pylons posted:

I figured JR because JR said recently that Randy Orton is the best wrestler so far in 2021.

Holy loving poo poo though, at least offer up an alternate from your own company JR.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
JR loves Spooktacular matches

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Randy Orton isn't even the true successor of the diamond cutter smh

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

fez_machine posted:

Holy loving poo poo though, at least offer up an alternate from your own company JR.

Why? If that’s what he thinks it’s what he should say, he shouldnt name an AEW guy just because he’s employed there

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

dsriggs posted:

Weeeellllll... it's The Bigot Cuuuuck!

:sighs deeply:

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
It really isn't surprising. JR actually hates spotfests - he's just a pro and he'll sell a story even if he doesn't enjoy the match.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
The only Randy Orton match I’ve seen this year was the Fiend match with the box-like-structure. That quote made me worry about JR’s mental health. :ohdear:

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

JR has been through a lot. You all be nice to poor ood JR!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Considering the various forms of abominable poo poo that this thread's namesake has done, "liking Randy Orton" isn't a particularly egregious thing to lay at JR's door.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I just hope he’s ok. It’s been a long time since his rap career fell apart.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Kenny Omega? He looks like a girl. Now Randy Orton, there's a wrestler you can set your watch to!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Kenny is so great they named an entire line of luxury watches after him.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

BGrifter posted:

Kenny is so great they named an entire movie after him.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The Omega Man is a sweet movie.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

TheKingslayer posted:

The Omega Man is a sweet movie.

It's no Last Man on Earth.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Gonzo McFee posted:

Kenny Omega? He looks like a girl. Now Randy Orton, there's a wrestler you can set your watch to!

Please don't be ironic, I set my watch to Orton all the time

Its one of those ones with an alarm clock in it I need something to wake me up when its over

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
How do goons not get a grandpa simpson joke idk idk

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's funny to imagine the above posts as something you heard irl. What would you do?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cornette is gonna stretch that one Omega comment about him to like three months of podcasts and south park drawings

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Pylons posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_QwSHj-pK0

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

I have a baseless conspiracy theory that AEW have been dropping little references to WWE/WWF into their programming trying to goad them into a lawsuit AEW thinks they can win.

So much of the bullshit WWE gets away with goes untested in the courts. The independent contractor stuff is sketchy as hell. Maybe asserting control over ex-WWE performers names and gimmicks wouldn’t hold up.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

BGrifter posted:

I have a baseless conspiracy theory that AEW have been dropping little references to WWE/WWF into their programming trying to goad them into a lawsuit AEW thinks they can win.

So much of the bullshit WWE gets away with goes untested in the courts. The independent contractor stuff is sketchy as hell. Maybe asserting control over ex-WWE performers names and gimmicks wouldn’t hold up.

If it helps I hold this same baseless conspiracy theory. They've at least discussed it and seem brave enough to not play around. They might not be goading but I think they're confident in their chances if a lawsuit came.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

If it helps I hold this same baseless conspiracy theory. They've at least discussed it and seem brave enough to not play around. They might not be goading but I think they're confident in their chances if a lawsuit came.

I've also thought this for a while.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

You all are wackier than Dean Ambrose

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYCuxVVLmDo

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rare instance of that word being used as a legitimate descriptor instead of a generic insult.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
https://twitter.com/IandrewDiceClay/status/1401555819104292872
https://twitter.com/IandrewDiceClay/status/1401557865182212108

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
What the gently caress did he think was happening?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

And I thought him feigning ignorance over Moolah was bad enough.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

What the gently caress did he think was happening?

he thought it was likely to be different from what he personally witnessed or heard about happening to slightly older children w/ the guys he rode and hung out with

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

this loving guy

jake roberts said out loud on the biggest podcast in america that his father raped a 12 year old and he was the result

get the gently caress out of here with the this horseshit

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I’m beginning to have suspicions Jim Cornette may not be a very good person.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
just let him keep talking until he incriminates himself

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

coconono posted:

just let him keep talking until he incriminates himself

"until"

Dude has been saying gross poo poo and burning bridges for clicks for years now he will always have his base of shitheads who listen

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Orange Carlisle posted:

"until"

Dude has been saying gross poo poo and burning bridges for clicks for years now he will always have his base of shitheads who listen

no, we're getting to the part where the FBI has to intervene because suddenly they have leads to missing persons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

We're not lucky enough for justice against Cornette he would just give up details on one of his hosed up friends