Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

juggalo baby coffin posted:

its very impressive looking, when i saw the first pic i wasnt sure if it was gonna actually transform because the robot mode is so much neater than tarn's, but she does.
There's a good stop motion video of her on youtube, the toy looks really slick.

I preordered it but it's been bumped back almost a full month so it'll be here sometime in like, June, maybe.

And yeah I have no affection for the DJD. I own the IF Tarn, it's really nice, but didn't even finish the combiner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Personally while I do think they have cool designs as characters I LOATHE the DJD since they basically only exist to be shallow edgelords who kill off more interesting characters to show off how "cool and menacing" they are

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Spiderdrake posted:

And yeah I have no affection for the DJD. I own the IF Tarn, it's really nice, but didn't even finish the combiner.

The combiner is pretty dang good.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i guess the advantage of that sixshot i bought being in tarn colours is i can enjoy his colour scheme without having the crappy character around

i like that he can fit the shurikens between his fingers

edit: i do need to find a different place for him because right now he occludes my beloved grimlock

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 12:37 on May 24, 2021

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
https://twitter.com/joshles/status/1396780769109057536

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Knormal posted:

Also an unfertilized/dud reptile egg! :eng101:

Really I think the best soundalike name for Slag would have been Slog, it avoids the awkward gastropod connotation while still fitting a Dinobot's character. But for some reason they decided to use that to rename movie Sludge, who didn't need a rename in the first place.

While a good idea, there's already a Slog in G1 so I don't think they'd do that. (nothing is sacred in the Bayverse however).

I kind of want to see more new Dinobots get added to the crew in the G1 style, POTP Slash was a nice lil bot even if she didn't turn into a sword for Volcanicus.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

he also kinda comes off as a mary sue sometimes,

Can't be. Rang is James Robert's self-insert.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The DJD's purpose is to be massacred by Megatron.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

"Its not the size of the sword, it's how you use it"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The MSJ posted:

The DJD's purpose is to be massacred by Megatron.

And that was a hell of an arc. There will never be anything as well put together as Megatron's quest for redemption in TF media ever again.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

tarn himself suffered from major gimmick pileup

- transforming addict
- magic epic hannibal speeches that kill people
- busted up face covered by cool mask
- spanish inquistion leader
- 'cultured' villain
- huge special gun

i get that he was trying to make himself into a cooler, edgier version of megatron, but the story obliged him in that a little bit too much. he didn't need the magic voice powers or transforming addict elements at all.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

My problem with Tarn as a character is that basically he has no character outside of his purpose in the plot, which was to be the big mean super-decepticon who all the other decepticons are ascared of because it was his job to grotesquely murder them because the writer sure does like characters getting murdered.

In the one issue where you're supposed to get an insight into his inner life, it's more of a joke about these vicious sadistic murderers being also in a lovely office job. And then later when you hear his origin story, it doesn't really add to his motivations or anything, it just turns out that he was some background schlub who had even less personality.

But it probably doesn't matter because that continuity is dead and the gimmick of his face being the decepticon insignia is superfluous because Soundwave exists.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hasbro should really make a Tarn toy. I mean, he's a tank. They could even retool a Megatron to have two fusion cannons. Vos can be his targetmaster partner.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Rhyno posted:

And that was a hell of an arc. There will never be anything as well put together as Megatron's quest for redemption in TF media ever again.

Wow we could not be more directly opposite in our opinion of all that

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

The MSJ posted:

Hasbro should really make a Tarn toy. I mean, he's a tank. They could even retool a Megatron to have two fusion cannons. Vos can be his targetmaster partner.

Or... IT COULD BE ROLLER.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

:)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The MSJ posted:

It’s surprising Hasbro didn’t do a figure for the Perfect Decepticon from Cyberverse.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Zark the Damned posted:

While a good idea, there's already a Slog in G1 so I don't think they'd do that. (nothing is sacred in the Bayverse however).

I kind of want to see more new Dinobots get added to the crew in the G1 style, POTP Slash was a nice lil bot even if she didn't turn into a sword for Volcanicus.
I had to look him up.

Yeah those guys shouldn't count as Transformers. BRB, starting a change.org petition to get them demoted to Happy Meal tie-in.

I'd love to see more Dinobots, Slash was great but I'd really love to see an Ankylosaurus. We got a beast-era one and one of Dino-Pope's limbs, but nothing really in the G1 style and I think it'd fit in well.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

The_Doctor posted:

It’s surprising Hasbro didn’t do a figure for the Perfect Decepticon from Cyberverse.

They are almost certainly doing one for Cyberverse S4 (The TV Movies), seeing as one of them is titled "The Perfect Decepticon".

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK6uFtGmNGw

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Knormal posted:

I had to look him up.

Yeah those guys shouldn't count as Transformers. BRB, starting a change.org petition to get them demoted to Happy Meal tie-in.

I'd love to see more Dinobots, Slash was great but I'd really love to see an Ankylosaurus. We got a beast-era one and one of Dino-Pope's limbs, but nothing really in the G1 style and I think it'd fit in well.

Don't you dare say bad things about monstructorbots you jerk

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

masterpiece monstructor when?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I think there might have been a single third-party monstructor ever, I dunno if it even ever came out

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Big Convoy's backpack cannon is so absurd and over the top but darn if he doesn't almost make it work.

Bummed they never did an encore Lio Convoy so getting a decent toy of him will cost me near 2.5x what this mammoth mofo did

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Homora Gaykemi posted:

Big Convoy's backpack cannon is so absurd and over the top but darn if he doesn't almost make it work.

Bummed they never did an encore Lio Convoy so getting a decent toy of him will cost me near 2.5x what this mammoth mofo did

What would you consider a reasonable price for Lio Convoy?

Captain Invictus posted:

I think there might have been a single third-party monstructor ever, I dunno if it even ever came out

Fansproject definitely hyped one but im also u certain if it came out.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i watched a video about the new rodimus and it seems like the main difference between chug and masterpiece now is whether the hands open or are pegs, and a 1000% markup

edit: looks like the fansproject monstructor did come out, but it was chug scale and a very expensive recolour of one of their other sets. monstructor was sick in the idw comics but not $400 for a small one sick.

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 11:29 on May 25, 2021

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ya boy got the big lad!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KJ89HWnJ1E

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

im kind of glad i didnt get that unicron now. it's weird how much of it is unpainted, and it looks like doing anything with it is like wrestling a toddler. also the back kibble is kinda over the top.

it is still cool but i think i'd rather get the zeta unicron some day

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

What would you consider a reasonable price for Lio Convoy?

I feel like postage to Australia would blow out anything I could possibly say

Homora Gaykemi fucked around with this message at 19:21 on May 25, 2021

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Homora Gaykemi posted:

Convoy family reunion

I feel like postage to Australia would blow out anything I could possibly say

Ah gently caress. I'm probably going to sell my old BW stuff but shipping would be murder.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i found my 2006 takara g1 megatron and soundwave reissues the other day, the ones that came in the nice book-style boxes, as well as a g1 galvatron in the cartoon colours, and a beast wars 2 hellscream toy. stuff i bought at a convention in like 2006 i think

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

Ah gently caress. I'm probably going to sell my old BW stuff but shipping would be murder.

Yeah, it's a killer. Cheers for the offer, tho

God, watching Thew work this is giving me anxiety with how terrible I am converting normal retail Transformers.

I think I'm glad it's a thing I can watch exist for other people rather than ever handling it myself. I'd never want to pull it out of the box lmao

Homora Gaykemi fucked around with this message at 14:27 on May 25, 2021

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Quote isn't edit

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/EmpressOfRobots/status/1397039102244052994

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I think they forgot something in their calculation.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ruddiger posted:

I think they forgot something in their calculation.

Set in 2005, it's 2021 so uh, how old was he in the movie?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
TFwiki says approximately 12

I don't see why the math doesn't work, what am I missing?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

im kind of glad i didnt get that unicron now. it's weird how much of it is unpainted, and it looks like doing anything with it is like wrestling a toddler. also the back kibble is kinda over the top.

it is still cool but i think i'd rather get the zeta unicron some day
Yeah, it looks cool standing there as the biggest Transformer ever, but it's a nightmare to do anything with. Mine's still sitting on the floor because it's too big to fit in any bookshelf or display case.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Watching Thew's unboxing really made me glad I didn't invest in one. I mean, resale value yadda yadda but I straight up do not have the space for that monstrosity. Looks pretty amazing ngl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Set in 2005, it's 2021 so uh, how old was he in the movie?

Oh poo poo I forgot the movie takes place in 2005, not 1986, it’s release year.

Whoops!