Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Epic High Five posted:

Isnt his real name like Fauntelroy Montbatton-Tinklebow the Third or something

Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon

Hmmm too normal to be funny alas but he looks like the lovechild of Dylan Roof and Ted Cruz in those pictures and that's on point enough to be funny

Edit - maybe more Mike Pence than Cruz

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

If Farage is angry about it, that means we have to keep doing it :colbert:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It seems strange to me that her family say she received numerous death threats and the police are saying there's nothing to suggest it was a targeted attack or that any of the threats were credible. I suppose it was just one of those random unprovoked headshot kills that happen all the time

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
In totally unrelated news,
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-57205425

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
She's only been a labour member for a month and they broke party rules to make.her a candidate. Coincidentally the same thing happened with kieth

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
She's going to lose and it will be the fault of the antisemites

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

having nothing else going for them they're trying to shame voters into voting for the sister of jo cox

anyway in more grim news

https://twitter.com/Jefflez/status/1396733962509225984?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

so the woman who got shot

https://twitter.com/mlothianmclean/status/1396761357576544257?s=20

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://twitter.com/Sashapanther93/status/1367822117937545224?s=19

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

should be illegal to have opinions after being this wrong

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
all I had to read was that she’s a good friend of Imarn Ayton, who, if not a cop, is one of the most egotistical and awful centre-right people I’ve ever had the displeasure of encountering. I hope she recovers obviously but yeah, huge swathes of the U.K. BLM movement are reactionary and liberal as gently caress and in no way good or cool.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Black activists who appropriate Black Panther aesthetics tend to be either actors trying to boost their media profiles, or deeply reactionary. Let's check out Taking The Initiative Party's website:

quote:

The Taking the Initiative Party was established by a group of British business people

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

really grim and unsurprising that this is what happens when the papers are allowed to print constant transphobia

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/19314849.mum-beaten-crowbar-homophobic-attack-worthing/

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

look at his massive tits

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

Jose posted:

really grim and unsurprising that this is what happens when the papers are allowed to print constant transphobia

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/19314849.mum-beaten-crowbar-homophobic-attack-worthing/

Literally the first night in my area when pubs reopened at one a gang of lads were shouting homophobic slurs. While at nearby pub a brawl started over a girl speaking Polish. Does feel like the press are leading a lurch backwards.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, that's their purpose.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1396807148227735554?s=19

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Is Corbyn still suspended or something?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

JoylessJester posted:

Literally the first night in my area when pubs reopened at one a gang of lads were shouting homophobic slurs. While at nearby pub a brawl started over a girl speaking Polish. Does feel like the press are leading a lurch backwards.

Every man I interacted with today called me “mate” and that’s not something that usually happens in Sheffield.

This was in an area where “duc” is used for men and women, and “mate” is a 100% deliberate smug attempt to misgender someone they thought was trans. Like, sorry as I don’t pass as a women for you great gammon TWAT, but butch lesbians, not usually ones for giving a gently caress what men think so 🖕

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Communist Thoughts posted:

Is Corbyn still suspended or something?

yes and supposedly nick brown got the boot as chief whip for saying he should be reinstated

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

is this going to be a “who must go” meme in a couple of years or something

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

really is incredible they kepeo talking about corbyn when the entire rest of the country has moved on

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

She's probably trying to move up the list of donors by the Israeli lobby.

gently caress Labour, shower of cunts.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Centrists will never stop demanding that Jeremy Corbyn apologises for the fact of his existence lol.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

jorby crumbum has roond britin

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Jose posted:

really is incredible they kepeo talking about corbyn when the entire rest of the country has moved on

why are they doing it? honestly i expected them to drop it once they'd finally got rid of him as leader. what are they gaining from banging on about him now? :/

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

crispix posted:

why are they doing it? honestly i expected them to drop it once they'd finally got rid of him as leader. what are they gaining from banging on about him now? :/

performative denunciation is a shibboleth to indicate a break from the previous leadership and it worked once to get the people they want onside onside (and vice versa). they'll keep doing it hoping it will again.

alternately, they don't want to appear as inflexible as they are and as such it's very important to make it clear that the only one keeping corbyn out is corbyn - if only Sisyphus could get the rock all the way to the top of the hill and keep it there why he'd be freed.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Starmer will always be seen as the “oh it’s the dull anti-brexit lawyer” amongst the rw people Corbyn bashing is meant to impress.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

learnincurve posted:

Starmer will always be seen as the “oh it’s the dull anti-brexit lawyer” amongst the rw people Corbyn bashing is meant to impress.

they will always see starmer as a compromise and they don't feel the need to do that, particularly.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
also hey learnincurve how you doing lass? :)

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It’s so stupid, draw a line, create a manifesto with some actual polices and stop looking at what other people are doing and with this group of wet blankets you could at least capture all the ex-Lib dem voters - especially if you went in hard on the environment and made promises about making electric cars affordable for all and so on.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

CoolCab posted:

also hey learnincurve how you doing lass? :)

I’m doing real good :D the Minicurve is currently only at school 2 days a week so I’m hanging out with her rather than the internet - My lad’s doing the Harvey and me thing after July so I’m going to start training to be a nurse when he leaves home.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

if you are jeremy corbyn you have to tell an ik or admin (no mods)

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I’m Jeremy

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

learnincurve posted:

It’s so stupid, draw a line, create a manifesto with some actual polices and stop looking at what other people are doing and with this group of wet blankets you could at least capture all the ex-Lib dem voters - especially if you went in hard on the environment and made promises about making electric cars affordable for all and so on.

liberalism is ideologically against all of this

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Zoran posted:

I’m Jeremy

apologize to israel

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

bedpan posted:

liberalism is ideologically against all of this

Kingdom of Conscience should be the thread title imo

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

gonadic io posted:

Kingdom of Conscience should be the thread title imo

Problem:

quote:

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*. Incrementally, you begin to notice a change in the weather. When it snows, the flakes are softer when they stick to your worry-worn forehead. When it rains, the rain is warmer. Democracy is coming to the Administrative Region. The ideals of Dolorian humanism are reinstating themselves. How can they not? These are the ideals of the Coalition and the Moralist International. Those guys are signal blue. And they're not only good -- they're also powerful. What will it be like, once their nuanced plans have been realized?

Solution:

quote:

The Kingdom of Conscience will be exactly as it is now. Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded. Centrism isn't change -- not even incremental change. It is *control*. Over yourself and the world. Exercise it. Look up at the sky, at the dark shapes of Coalition airships hanging there. Ask yourself: is there something sinister in moralism? And then answer: no. God is in his heaven. Everything is normal on Earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Hasn't Corbyn apologised multiple times anyway but the press just ignores it every time