Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cage vs Sydal 3 2.78%
Ogogo vs Gunn 2 1.85%
Deeb vs Velvet 74 68.52%
Bucks vs Blonds 21 19.44%
Wild Things vs Acclaimed 8 7.41%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Sucks that no Dynamite until Friday :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Maybe if he wore a real loincloth and nothing underneath. Give the fans a real show

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I stand by the idea that Sammy getting the win on MJF is the endgame for this feud

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I really like those moments where Jungle Boy gets pissed off and really kicks it up a notch in the ring.

I could see him working a little bit of that anger into his character (kind of like Kazarian does) when it's time to go to the next level. Play up that he's been *that close* to winning the big match dozens of times, and now he's not going to let it slip past him again.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Rarity posted:

I stand by the idea that Sammy getting the win on MJF is the endgame for this feud

I would find this satisfying. I think I'll probably enjoy the Wardlow vs MJF match that happens along the way more, but a Sammy vs MJF series has incredible potential.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Rarity posted:

Yeah, IC can win at Stampede and then Sammy sets out on a "you took everything from me, now I'm going to take everything from you" path to wreck MJF and The Pinnacle on his own/one by one. Let this MJF/Jericho thing evolve into MJF/Sammy so the focus shifts to two guys who are likely to be the future of the company while Jericho slowly fades out, maybe with an FTR/Sammy & Jericho tag match down the road as a little surprise or something.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Mons Hubris posted:

Yeah, the thing I don't like about IC/Pinnacle is that they can seemingly only have group brawls. Why not have Sammy do some singles matches, or FTR vs PNP on Dynamite sometime? And yet there's no indication that anyone is even considering letting the members of the groups have individual matches.
Been saying this for a while

like even if it's a foregone conclusion that MJF will win any given singles match he's in, or that the tag teams will win matches but not get near the titles, or that when Hager has a singles match Spears will interfere and cost him the win: I still want to witness that stuff happening. If only so in my head the two stables have some connection points to AEW outside of their feud bubble.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I just want Sammy and PnP out of this feud come Saturday. Maybe have PnP and FTR clash yet again as they try to climb up to the Bucks.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

IC but without Jericho is still incredibly viable. Maybe have Thunder Rosa become the new leader because she beat Jericho at poker.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW7LVB1YJp4 New BTE

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of The Bucks, who the hell takes THEM down?

AEW has the deepest tag division possibly in history, but aside from The Bucks nobody else really is booked anywhere close to their level.

I don't think the Acclaimed is ready, All Eggo Scorpion Skye will probably get a losing title match, i don't think Moxley / Kingston take the belts (as loving COOL as that'd be), i almost want to say FTR is the only choice right now, in 3 - 4 months time when it's time for them to drop the belts or w/e it ends up being, i'd love for PnP and Best Friends to be at the top of the rankings, either would be fantastic, but feels like PnP will be busy running out the Pinnacle poo poo and Best Friends/Jurassic Express are maybe the best dark horse picks

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

coconono posted:

IC but without Jericho is still incredibly viable. Maybe have Thunder Rosa become the new leader because she beat Jericho at poker.
What like he's completely cleaned out and bets and loses them?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

smarxist posted:

It's going to be Jungle Boy

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

smarxist posted:

AEW has the deepest tag division possibly in history, but aside from The Bucks nobody else really is booked anywhere close to their level.

I don't think the Acclaimed is ready, All Eggo Scorpion Skye will probably get a losing title match, i don't think Moxley / Kingston take the belts (as loving COOL as that'd be), i almost want to say FTR is the only choice right now, in 3 - 4 months time when it's time for them to drop the belts or w/e it ends up being, i'd love for PnP and Best Friends to be at the top of the rankings, either would be fantastic, but feels like PnP will be busy running out the Pinnacle poo poo and Best Friends/Jurassic Express are maybe the best dark horse picks

I think PnP, Best Friends or Lucha Bros would be my picks. All have been workhorses for the company.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

mox and eddie should win, i want eddie kingston to be a champion

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:siren: ROPPONGI VICE SEGMENT ON BTE :siren:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

My Lovely Horse posted:

What like he's completely cleaned out and bets and loses them?

Absolutely. Double or Nothing. She bets her facepaint, he bets his spot in IC. he lays down a full house, she lays down 4 aces. Its loving symbolism, you seeee?

Also PnP vs Bucks needs to happen. Those guys are absolute workhorses for the tag division.

Anyway AEW is an unsafe place and the EVPs are constantly fighting.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

was anyone else afraid to hit play when they saw it was 35 minutes this week or is that just me

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

IcePhoenix posted:

was anyone else afraid to hit play when they saw it was 35 minutes this week or is that just me

me seeing Rocky in the preview: oh gently caress yes
me clicking through: oh gently caress, no
me seeing Nick Jackson cry: oh gently caress yes

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

cams posted:

mox and eddie should win, i want eddie kingston to be a champion

It would add an interesting wrinkle to The Elite storyline if the Bucks lost the belts to Eddie/Mox, since the only reason they've been targeted by Eddie/Mox is because they joined forces with Kenny and Callis.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

someone told me Jericho has wrestled every PWI #1 wrestler except Sting. Time to make that match happen, now or never lol

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Uno's drawing of Team Taz :vince:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jungle Boy is going to have to cut his hair at some point and I hope with all my being that he runs back the Goto/Suzuki postmatch and uses that to either turn heel or add some needed edge to his character.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Trent is the anti-Taz when it comes to bird opinions.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

DLC Inc posted:

someone told me Jericho has wrestled every PWI #1 wrestler except Sting. Time to make that match happen, now or never lol

One of the things I love about AEW is that they don't have to pussyfoot around the issue and try to fabricate some reason for them to fight. Jericho can come out and say 'I've wrestled every PWI #1 wrestler except for you'

It would still have to be a tag match though. I don't think Sting can wrestle solo anymore.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i liked some of JB's promo work where he seems like a young territories baby face, with the hair tied up and the big mutton chops and sleeveless tee, maybe kind of a dirtbag, but incredibly canny and a bit of an anti-hero you wanna root for, poo poo HE SHOULD JUST BECOME DARYL DIXON

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

One of the things I love about AEW is that they don't have to pussyfoot around the issue and try to fabricate some reason for them to fight. Jericho can come out and say 'I've wrestled every PWI #1 wrestler except for you'

It would still have to be a tag match though. I don't think Sting can wrestle solo anymore.

It could pretty easily be cinematic. Painmaker vs. Sting

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

That was a really fun BTE this week, feels like they're settling back into a good groove.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Sting Vs Jericho on the roof of cobo hall plz

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I could see the Bucks losing it to Mox and Eddie, only because every single champ will be a heel, assuming that Britt beats Shida at the PPV. I have no doubt AEW can pull that off, but it's definitely going to give the show a different feel for a while.

But if it's not them, then I see Best Friends getting it down the line.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Rarity posted:

I enjoyed Silver’s picture of 5.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IcePhoenix posted:

Update: My fears were completely unfounded

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

A Fancy Hat posted:

I could see the Bucks losing it to Mox and Eddie, only because every single champ will be a heel, assuming that Britt beats Shida at the PPV. I have no doubt AEW can pull that off, but it's definitely going to give the show a different feel for a while.

Given they’re about to go on tour again, having a gaggle of babyfaces chasing all the titles isn’t the worst thing in the world.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It's going to be interesting to see the crowd reaction to some of these people (particularly the people signed during the pandemic). I've seen some criticism of AEW for trying to push too many people at once instead of focusing on four or five people but I think the way they've approached things will pay off a lot.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

I'm so happy to see Rocky "Sugar" Romero being in the Best Friends bits, the first bits felt just like the old Gentlemen's Club videos, just without the questionable jokes. OC and Kris were breaking so badly when Silver got kicked in the balls. Good to see the BTE title back on the main show, not sure if this pay-off was worth the (lack of) build on the Sammy vlog, but now I'm looking forward to Brandon being challenged by Allie next week. Great episode overall.

Rarity posted:

Not pulling any punches with that needle underneath Cage.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

A Fancy Hat posted:

Even though Britt is a heel, I feel like everyone *wants* to see her win the title though.

Shida is a Babyface, but she's had a long run and I'm ready to see some different storylines and faces in the women's title scene.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Lid posted:

Feeling like its Friday when its really only Friday

boom lets go ignite
thread has two more days left to dynamite
derails even more cause nerds need to fight
NBA
will delay
dynamite

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

shiksa posted:

4 days

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

"two more" as in extra, cut me some slack scoopsgal i kept the cadence pretty well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

shiksa posted:

boom lets go ignite
derails even more cause nerds need to fight
NBA